• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Ha! That does sound annoying. I like the idea of just bot hunting. I love the game so far. It seems to have a higher skill ceiling than CoD games while still be approachable. :D

Daemul

Picked up the game today and am feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment. Is there a way to practice with just bots?

I feel like a complete liability to any team I am on. :(

Should I just focus on being a pilot for now and avoid getting in my Titan? How did you wrap your head around the game?

Try playing Campaign, it's mostly made up of new players, with the odd high gen player joining in now and then.

gooser is so easy for me now it's insane

Yeah, at first, I really struggled to get the 5 goosers needed to finish the challenge, now, it's just automatic. Pilot ejects-> follow him/her up until he/she reaches the point where they are static in the air for a spilt second before they begin falling->Fire Arc Cannon at that very moment->Goosers, goosers everywhere

I'll try dropping a titan on a marine pod but i'm rather sure I tried that before and got no notification or the titan dropped 10 miles away because it was blocked, that will help if true.

Wwait, what? You want it to do the same damage?

I think the damage the carbine does WITH a silencer should be the damage it does without one, that gun is a beast at all ranges 90% of the time, I try to mix up my gameplay using other weapons but I will always drop back to the carbine when things get tough, and it works.

And I use it with a silencer more often then not.

I'll try dropping a titan on a marine pod but i'm rather sure I tried that before and got no notification or the titan dropped 10 miles away because it was blocked, that will help if true.

I think the damage the carbine does WITH a silencer should be the damage it does without one, that gun is a beast at all ranges 90% of the time, I try to mix up my gameplay using other weapons but I will always drop back to the carbine when things get tough, and it works.

And I use it with a silencer more often then not.

It does work once they start pouring out. You can also drop it on those friendly robots as well.

Hmm, I don't know about that. The Carbine is the utility weapon but it can easily be outclassed up close by the C.A.R, not to mention it's hip fire sucks compared to the C.A.R.

Out at distance Longbow smokes it as well. The real overpowering aspect was with a silencer (mainly prepatch). I don't see too many people using it with a silencer right now but it can still be annoying in certain matches dealing with a silenced Carbine.

Montresor

I have been playing Titanfall almost daily in August... and even since I first got this game in March I have been enamoured by the main menu theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hturnLf9sfs. This song is sooo good. When I load up Titanfall sometimes I just turn around and do other things and let the music play a bit.

Only 24 more MVPs, and 4 more Ogre Executions, and I'll have Gen 10, the Titanfall completion, and 1400/1400. So close.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
matchmaking can be sooo infuriating in this! just lost 3 in a row while i went 11-2, 13-1, and 14-0, each game with at least 3 titan kills too. yargh.

oh, and watching a lobby of 4 vs 5 pick up another player to make the teams 4 vs 6 is great too. lol

bananas

Banned
Just got an Xbox One again, playing some Titanfall.

Adding people in the Google Doc list, my gamertag is peaseybananas if anyone wants to be gentleman (or lady) and add me. I'd appreciate it. :)

Edit: I'm US East, BTW.

Mr Croft

I had to re read that post like 40 times... I thought he wanted a carbine buff lol. Anyway most of TF encounters are mid range anyway. Even a mid to long range carbine is going to smash you. Silceners makes it take like what....two more shots tops? That won't stop the gun because it fires too fast

Tokubetsu

So I got an xbox one to play destiny with my bros, but I also picked up Titanfall for 25. I'm gen 6 on PC so im not new. Probably won't pick up the season pass again until the next update/dlc hits. We'll see.

Tokubetsu on xbox as well.

keezy

How long does it take for live to recognize you have the season pass for this? I just bought it but I can't play any of the map packs.... I tried restarting my console any everything. No dice.

Lima

How long does it take for live to recognize you have the season pass for this? I just bought it but I can't play any of the map packs.... I tried restarting my console any everything. No dice.

Stupid question but did you download the map packs? The show up as free once you bought the season pass but they don't download automatically.

tauke

Hmm it's seems harder to get a match now and even if I waited long enough, it will drop me into the pool of Gen 1 players vs way too high Gen players.

Guess I'll for the next update.

Figured out a good way to drop titans on foes without them running off with their 6th sense of knowledge that something is falling above them, I start hacking a spectre to hold them still as the titan falls, lol.

BTW warpfall is a perk I use all the time now, it's extremely handy.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Does anybody else think Titanfall would have been more popular if it went full on MOBA?

Disclaimer: I have never ever played LoL or DotA.

My biggest complaint about Titanfall is that it's hard for me to feel invested in the matches and outcomes. I think the scoring system(s) is the only real problem of the game. I'd love to see a mode where each team has a generator or something important to defend while trying to destroy the other team's important thing. Obviously map design would have to be different to support this vision, but I think the rest of the mechanics are there already. Possibly adding a system to gradually earn better titan or pilot weapons in a match would be useful too.

tauke

Does anybody else think Titanfall would have been more popular if it went full on MOBA?

Disclaimer: I have never ever played LoL or DotA.

My biggest complaint about Titanfall is that it's hard for me to feel invested in the matches and outcomes. I think the scoring system(s) is the only real problem of the game. I'd love to see a mode where each team has a generator or something important to defend while trying to destroy the other team's important thing. Obviously map design would have to be different to support this vision, but I think the rest of the mechanics are there already. Possibly adding a system to gradually earn better titan or pilot weapons in a match would be useful too.

As a Gen 10, I do wish there are more stuff to explore particularly challenges. Sometimes I don't mind playing like a n00b and keep dying just for lol for the Gen 1 players.

Although again I wish the new update will *really* fix the approach of throwing a Gen 10 with a party of strictly Gen 1 versus a much more higher Gen players (most likely to have more experience than fresh Gen 1 players).

That is totally not fun.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Figured out a good way to drop titans on foes without them running off with their 6th sense of knowledge that something is falling above them, I start hacking a spectre to hold them still as the titan falls, lol.

BTW warpfall is a perk I use all the time now, it's extremely handy.

That's pretty smart. So you time it so that it drops before you're done hacking?

Obscured

New patch should start rolling out in approx 13 hours:

https://twitter.com/titanfallgame/status/506619176199274496

Awesome, looking forward to this. Curious to try out Pilot Skirmish (although I'm not one of those who has been waiting for the titanless gameplay, I just like having more options. 8v8 sounds fun, and potentially insane, as well).

Almost done with Metro 2033 (I think), so I'll start looking for others that are on. Usually I wait till others send me an invite, but I'm going to start spamming all y'all.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
The new update (2nd September) is out and I've had a look at the changes for anything new.
The main thing to report for now is that they added new dialogue related to rounds.
They recorded a few new lines for the new 'Pilot Skirmish' mode so I assume they took the opportunity to record lines for future content:

1) New Dialog:

"Only 2 more Militia Pilots left. Take them down!
"Just 2 more Militia Pilots remaining. Hunt them down!"
"There's only one more Militia Pilot left alive. Hunt him down!"
"Only one Militia Pilot left alive. Take him out!"
"There's just the 2 of you left down there Pilots. Don't let your guard down!"
"It's just the 2 of you left now. Stay focused Pilots!"
"You're the last one left alive. It's all up to you now!"

"This round is ours!"
"We won this round!"
"That's how it's done. Good job Pilots, this round is ours."

"We lost the round!"
"The Militia beat us this round."
"They may have taken this round but we'll get them next time."

2) Music has been scripted for the 'Round Winning Killcam'. This killcam was added with the July 31st Update and is currently only used by the not-yet-announced 'Big Brother' game mode.

3) They added support for setting attacking and defending objective descriptions.

4) Ambient Occlusion option added but I don't see it available in my video options.
"Ambient Occlusion controls whether corners and creases are darkened to simulate bounced lighting. Turning this off will reduce GPU load."

I will have another good look through later in case I missed anything important.

Tawpgun

Hahaha I got the I Killed Them All achievement but kinda cheesed it.

I killed one guy and got it, turns out he was the only one on the team

Grisby

So it seems others are getting the 'searching' deal. Must be the update/server stuff.

I was just going to let out a loud and uniformed complaint too!

So it seems others are getting the 'searching' deal. Must be the update/server stuff.

I was just going to let out a loud and uniformed complaint too!

Yup I just jumped on and it's just searching for me as well.

Edit. Well after waiting several minutes. I just got dumped into a game in progress.

8 v 8 is more or less team snipers, everyone turtles lol.

Guess some perks will be more useful now.

Yup it's a snooze fest so far the maps are way too big for 8v8 without titans.

Also matchmaking is still starting games without a full lobby. how hard is it to wait till we have a full lobby before you start the game?

Top Bottom