• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT: Out of the Shadows |OT| What's wrong with your face?

FYC

Banned
iS0KJ45.jpg

Players: 2 Players offline for Campaign, up to 4 Players online
4 Players offline for Arcade

Platforms
Xbox 360
PS3
PC

Release Dates
Xbox 360 & Steam: August 28th, 2013
PS3: September 24th, 2013

MSRP: $14.99

Publisher: Activision
Developer: Red Fly Studio

Launch Trailer

Walkthrough with Rev3

Screenshots

I dunno Deadly Cyclone wanted someone to whip this up

image.php

Just played the trial. It's a'ight, I guess...could be better.

But man, the turtles are ugly, and their voice acting isn't very enthusiastic. Some of the random conversations they have while running around are entertaining, though.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Why are Leo's eyes glowing? The rest of them have actual eyeballs.

Tizoc

If gameplay's good...I might get it? If there's a demo I'll def. get that and see if my bro likes it.
If he does I'll buy it otherwise, will get it on a sale on PSN.
Hopefully Steam ver. will have mods that make the characters look like the TMNT cartoon.

God, the art direction is horrendous.

I really want a good TMNT game. I kinda wish that Rocksteady rumor turned out to be true.

Imagine playing the turtles in a world built by Rocksteady. *drool*

U-R

I don't know much about this game, yet -somehow- in my mind i can replay all of the focus group sessions.

.la1n

I think it's safe to assume this is how the bay produced turtles were going to look before they rebooted the script / designs. Poor red fly.

crpav

I have been hyped for this since I heard of it way back. Surprised there are no reviews out or any impressions yet. COME ON! I need to know if it's good or not.

Seriously question... Why didn't they use the art style from the new TV show? Could they not get permission to do that or did they simply not want to? I would find myself being incredibly more interested in this if they went that route. I can't say I'm a big fan of this style. However, I do hope the game is good.

jhawk6

I thought it was 4p online/2p offline in campaign and 4p offline only for arcade. At least that was how it was explained by a Red Fly dev in one of those gameplay featurettes.

jett

D-Member
Seriously question... Why didn't they use the art style from the new TV show? Could they not get permission to do that or did they simply not want to? I would find myself being incredibly more interested in this if they went that route. I can't say I'm a big fan of this style. However, I do hope the game is good.

Their explanation is that they wanted the turtles to be MACHOOR and wanted to appeal to an adult audience.

Yea... Them taking several elements and details from the new cartoon just makes it weirder.

Anyway, there's also a retail TMNT game that looks like the cartoon, so who knows.

FYC

Banned
I thought it was 4p online/2p offline in campaign and 4p offline only for arcade. At least that was how it was explained by a Red Fly dev in one of those gameplay featurettes.

Yeah, I'm not really sure. Skimmed a few different articles but there are conflicting answers. If someone who picks it up today could post how the co-op in both modes works, that'd be fantastic.

Rootbeer

Banned
derp turtles.

Seriously they look super creepy :|

Despite non-stop complaints since the very first artwork and screenshots they made zero attempts to address the totally scary looking heads on the turtles... :/

I'll get it for Steam. I like the new Nick show so I have to show my support. As a TMNT fan I think I'll enjoy it enough to get my $15 worth even if it turns out to be bad. But honestly, based on the gameplay I've seen I think it looks fun.

Sanjuro

Guys, can we put a stop to the Nickelodeon tmnt stuff?

There is a game based off that show coming out. This game has nothing to do with that tv show. This is an entirely different game which gives the devs the rights to the characters and the franchise. That is NOT mutually exclusive to the show.

This is getting to be borderline trolling.

Everything you said here is incorrect. This is based directly off the Nickelodeon series.

Guys, can we put a stop to the Nickelodeon tmnt stuff?

There is a game based off that show coming out. This game has nothing to do with that tv show. This is an entirely different game which gives the devs the rights to the characters and the franchise. That is NOT mutually exclusive to the show.

This is getting to be borderline trolling.

Except they clearly took inspiration from Nick's show? The crack in Raph's shell. The gap in Don's teeth. One of the devs saying "Mikey likes to name the monsters". Baxter's design. Karai's design. Shredder's design. It's all there...

I played the trial version this morning and it seemed decent. The design of the turtles isn't really bothering me as much as everyone else here it seems. What I didn't like was Michelangelo's voice, he sounds like a pre-teen. The graphics are good. The camera is pulled in pretty close when you are just running around so it makes it a little difficult while traversing the environment. When you enter a fight, it does pull back to give you a better view. The combat does feel a little slow too. Still unsure about picking it up. Will give the trial a couple more whirls before deciding.

Top Bottom