• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT: Out of the Shadows |OT| What's wrong with your face?

JohngPR

I think someone forgot to tell Activision that this was supposed to release on Steam today. Still can't find it on there.

JohngPR

I thought there was a separate "Arcade mode' that you play with friends online? Can you play the story campaign with friends?

jhawk6

I thought there was a separate "Arcade mode' that you play with friends online? Can you play the story campaign with friends?

The arcade mode is 4p local offline only.

The campaign is 4p online or 2p local offline split screen. The local players cannot be mixed with online players.

FYC

Banned

https://www.facebook.com/TMNTOutOfTheShadows

Should be coming out today judging by a few comments.

For everyone who's asking what time the game comes out:

The game is coming out on 8/28 for Xbox 360 and PC via Steam. We don't know the exact launch time, since Microsoft and Valve get to choose when they upload content to their stores (Microsoft owns XBLA, Valve owns Steam). This timing depends on a number of factors. For instance: at the time of this posting, it is 8/28 in some timezones, but it is not yet 8/28 everywhere.

However, you can bet that once it's available for you to download, we'll be posting about it here on Facebook.

The PS3 launch is still set for 9/24 in North America and 9/25 worldwide. We'll have more news on that as it approaches.

We're almost there. TURTLE POWER!

Sanjuro

So..has anyone actually played this?

Playing it right now. It's trying my patience.

This is coming from probably the biggest TMNT fan on the board. I'd get it no matter what, but I never put much faith into this.

Voice acting is trash.
Artwork looks like MS Paint.
Graphics are terrible.
I've fallen through the level a half dozen times.
The camera loves giving me a giant black screen.
Gameplay is wonky.

This is coming from probably the biggest TMNT fan on the board. I'd get it no matter what, but I never put much faith into this.

Voice acting is trash.
Graphics are terrible.
Gameplay is wonky.

Are you having any fun with it at all?

The gameplay video they showed looked like it had pretty decent combat and platforming.

G-Fex

Voice acting is trash.
Graphics are terrible.
Gameplay is wonky.

Seriously?

Damn. I'm supremely dissapointed.

Rootbeer

Banned
BONUS Original Red Bandana Code! Enter this code to unlock all four red bandanas from the original TMNT comic books! ALT+yabbayabba

I thought that was an XBOX exclusive. Nice that it comes with the Steam version.

Installing now.

Bad impressions be damned, we've had some pretty disappointing TMNT games in the past, at least this one has some interesting things going on. I have to play it for myself :) I love TMNT.

Everything you said here is incorrect. This is based directly off the Nickelodeon series.

I'm confused. Aren't there two TMNT beat'em up's due out this year? This one, with the nightmare fuel turtle heads, and the OTHER one, drawing directly from the Nickelodeon cartoon, art style and all, including Donny's teeth?

This one is the weird gritty human one.

The other one is the cartoony, bright, animated one.

Right?

EDIT: OH GOD they both are. Now I see the gap in Donny's teeth in the OP. Why the hell would they make two different games like this?

Sanjuro

I'm confused. Aren't there two TMNT beat'em up's due out this year? This one, with the nightmare fuel turtle heads, and the OTHER one, drawing directly from the Nickelodeon cartoon, art style and all, including Donny's teeth?

This one is the weird gritty human one.

The other one is the cartoony, bright, animated one.

Right?

Yes. They both use the same source material, the Nickelodeon cartoon.

Are you having any fun with it at all?

The gameplay video they showed looked like it had pretty decent combat and platforming.

Eh. Not really. Online is far too buggy at the moment. It's just a bunch of turtles popping up from purple pixie dust the entire time and dropping through levels.

JohngPR

FYI.

You can buy the Steam version VIA Gamefly and use the code GFDAUG20 for 20% off. The game went down to $11.99 for me.

EDIT: It applied the code, but when I hit submit it throws up this error: "The items in your cart have changed. Please review your cart before submitting your order." and doesn't let me proceed. WTF.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I played the demo, and they should have let you unlock more moves in it, because you can see that there are a good bit of moves and abilities to unlock but you don't have enough points to do so.

And if I were them, I'd work on a free DLC set of skins to make them look like the new series, even if it went against their reason for going with this current look. But then they'd need the official voice actors also.

I don't even know why the official voice actors aren't voicing them in the first place when it even shows the Nickelodeon logo when the game starts up.

I'm really liking the turtle designs actually, it splits the difference between the look of the cartoon and what they did with the live action films. I think they look fine, but that's just me apparently lol.

jediyoshi

]:

nZ0EqKc.gif

TheOGB

Banned
Oh god, everytime that face shows up I crack up laughing.

Trial download's only at 15% or so, I was excited until I read some of the impressions in here. Still hoping for the best. :/

Who ever is developing this game... how hard can it be to change the turtle designs?, ever since the first images of this game appeared, the discontent with the way they look has been pretty much unanimous... and yet you just shut your ears and pay no heed?... smh. (not buying this game unless there's a way FROM THE VERY START to change the way they look)

Who ever is developing this game... how hard can it be to change the turtle designs?, ever since the first images of this game appeared, the discontent with the way they look has been pretty much unanimous... and yet you just shut your ears and pay no heed?... smh. (not buying this game unless there's a way FROM THE VERY START to change the way they look)

That opinion has not been close to unanimous. On GAF the majority have expressed discontent but otherwise there hasn't been much of an uproar about it. The game is much better than the reshelled Turtles in Time and I'm having a good time with it. To each their own I suppose!

Top Bottom