• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TNA: Final Deletion ~ Matt and Jeff Hardy do the most Wrasslin thing, EVAH! IT'S OVAH

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What are you doing"
"Preparing the battlefield for massacre"

This is my match of the year so far, does Lucha Underground better than Lucha Underground Season 2 has been at least.

Tom Nook

Sra5M8U.gif

Apoc87

Banned
Too bad this match wasn't live or at least in front of a crowd. Jeff took a risk with that tree bump.

WWE may follow this.

WWE: Ratings are down, the product is getting stale, Dean's not "The guy". FUCK IT! Let create something over the top.

Unfortunately, WWE (nor WrassleGaf for that matter) Think that dean is the guy. They just put the strap on him because Roman fucked up on his wellness test and they need to bide time.

A shame, really, dean is the first champion I've actually wanted to root for in two years.

Terrible editing ruined this. That said, I haven't laughed that hard in awhile.

Going from that 2005 X-Division Triple Threat to this is amusing btw.

BFIB

This is the right amount of carny wrestling needs. Best storyline since summer of Punk. Better than Bryan.

Bravocado

I've been watching Lucha Underground for really entertaining wrestling and fun stories.

The wrestling aspect of Final Deletion? Meh, it was OK.

Everything else? Citizen Kane tier of mastery.

IT'S A DILAPIDATED BOAT!

Hasney

Mweh, WCW actually sold PPV's. Even in it's prime TNA barely sold it PPV's and would have been better off promoting those events on Spike TV instead.

I would say that this has actually redeemed TNA not dying some 4 years past it's natural ending. It was all worth it.

pretty sure TNA made more money off Impact ads than they did PPV buys

they were at like sub 2,000 buys per ppv while impact at least had a half million people watching

Yeah, I was half joking, I probably wouldn't have paid for this without knowing how good it was in advance.

That said, I will buy the next PPV that features Broken Matt Hardy now.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I've been watching Lucha Underground for really entertaining wrestling and fun stories.

The wrestling aspect of Final Deletion? Meh, it was OK.

Everything else? Citizen Kane tier of mastery.

IT'S A DILAPIDATED BOAT!

It's a perfect sports entertainment match.

Just wonderful from start to finish. Had me hooked and laughing and genuinely getting into the story behind it. Who'da thought fucking Matt Hardy would have the gimmick of the year in 2016?

Unfortunately, WWE (nor WrassleGaf for that matter) Think that dean is the guy. They just put the strap on him because Roman fucked up on his wellness test and they need to bide time.

A shame, really, dean is the first champion I've actually wanted to root for in two years.

Dean is a pretty bad in ring performer though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I was half joking, I probably wouldn't have paid for this without knowing how good it was in advance.

That said, I will buy the next PPV that features Broken Matt Hardy now.

This avatar is everything

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Watched this expecting something hilarious with the posts in here

It was cringey as shit

Vince:

A) Doesn't know TNA exists
B) Doesn't give a shit what you want.
C) Doesn't push what he doesn't understand.

He definitely doesn't understand the fever dreams of two drug addicts.
For the most part yeah but he also doesn't like another program gaining any kind of traction. Though this is carny and fun as hell people will be talking about it

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just don't know what you could possibly find entertaining in life if not this.

I might've enjoyed it more if I knew why they were feuding to begin with

Without context, it fell flat (for me)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Broken Matt Hardy is gimmick of the year. Ballsy, original, fully formed at conception and well executed. Very refreshing.

He went all in and didn't care how people felt, he had a vision. I dare say he achieved it. Bravo, #BROKENMATT

Matt was pretty dope in his ROH run back in 2013 (I have a bad memory but I'm pretty sure it was then.) Guy has/had issues but he knows what works in the Internet age.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Matt was pretty dope in his ROH run back in 2013 (I have a bad memory but I'm pretty sure it was then.) Guy has/had issues but he knows what works in the Internet age.

Its nuts because he seems like someone who doesn't get it, but he does. He's far more savvy than people give him credit for, and he uses that to his advantage.

Watched this expecting something hilarious with the posts in here

It was cringey as shit

I mean, it was ... interesting to watch but I can't believe the hype.
It's elevated by the context of:

-What TNA was and has become
-Who the Hardys are and why they're in TNA
-The fact that this is actually on TV and being (presumably) paid for with a TV budget

This all started from a tremendously stupid character Matt came up with and they have taken a bad wrestling show and fully embraced the stupidity to actually make something fun out of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom