• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

drizzle

Axel Hertz

lol :D
Did they do stuff like that often? Here I kept thinking of Sentai group moves being all lasers or the equivalent of hitting a move like The 3d from wrestling.

The unique group finisher/attack movies might be the one redeeming thing from ToQger.

I'm liking them in Zyuogher too, but not as many so far. Weirdly enough I didn't like'em that much in Ninninger.

Tiu Neo

Zyuohger 12

It was cute and funny. Could be a ToQGer episode.

Ghost 29

Yellow Buster! And yess, more Eyecon possessions! And Onari stealing the show, as always. Good to see them putting him to good use, great character.

Grandma :(

shaowebb

Just finished the first season of Akibaranger. My god at the Giant Robo fight with Deluknight. That whole episode was hilarious. Can't wait to start up season 2 soon.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Zyuohger 12

Weak episode, and not because it came off an awesome two-parter. Tusk is just a weak character, and the old man's actions were dumb. Meh...
Next week looks slightly better.
If only for the Minecraft Axe

Ghost 29

Fumi... oh man, this is going to wreck Alain. Furthering the show's theme about death and life. Maybe there will be a Fumi Eyecon?

WarRock

I finally understood why Alain's brother looks so off to me. He's like the japanese version of Kylo Ren. Anyway, Ghost 29.

Glasses Ganma, seriously, hahaha. Punk Onari is the best thing since Oni Sage. I was going to comment how this episode felt tighter than the last ones but...
Takoyaki Grandma dies!? WTF

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is grandma a hobo?

Zyuohger 12

It was cute and funny. Could be a ToQGer episode.

Ghost 29

Yellow Buster! And yess, more Eyecon possessions! And Onari stealing the show, as always. Good to see them putting him to good use, great character.

Grandma :(

wait, that was Yoko?

also kinda hilarious to see Houdini possess a girl.

Zyuohger 12

Weak episode, and not because it came off an awesome two-parter. Tusk is just a weak character, and the old man's actions were dumb. Meh...
Next week looks slightly better.
If only for the Minecraft Axe

I actually liked it for the other characters. Tusk was bland but everyone else carried the show. Also I can't hate Roidmude 1 for doing his

NsQcrWI.jpg

delSai

Decided to watch Agito next, Kabuto after that. First impression is good, G3 is badass and Shouichi is a very likeable hero. Also as i'm coming off Den-O: A young Naomi!

Ghost 29

Onari killed it again, he should get his own spin off. Poor Alain taking one hit after another. 29 was a good episode again imo.

Tiu Neo

Yeah, the other characters is what made this week's Zyuohger episode. And even then, most of it was pretty meh. Just like ToQger, it was funny and cute, but not that good.

I think Tusk was... eh, ok. I don't hate him like I thought I would after the first episode, at least.

EDIT: I would totally love a Kamen Rider Ghost Gaiden: Onari.

Boss Doggie

What if the supposed hero celebration are a bunch of KR actors appearing in Sentai and vice versa?

BatDan

So here's a game idea I'm surprised someone hasn't suggested (they likely have but I haven't seen it).
Super Robot Wars, but only Megazords.
Whenever someone suggests a Super Sentai/Power Rangers game, it's always the same thing. An action game by Platinum, or a Musou. But why not use the giant robots?

shaowebb

Akibaranger = best series.
OpyXYUz.jpg

fIHOzK6.gif

:D

They so need to work Kamen Rider into this thing someday.

EDIT: Akibared has the best final form with his waifu armor.

6U9WgLL.gif

Tiu Neo

What if the supposed hero celebration are a bunch of KR actors appearing in Sentai and vice versa?

Well, we had Yoko on KR and Roidmude 001 on Sentai, only this week, so...

Hiroshi Fujioka on sentai when.
Kenji Ohba or something like that on KR would be cool too.

EDIT: Yep, Akiba Rider needs to happen too.

shaowebb

Real talk. I just got a japanese 3ds. I don't speak japanese. What are some good Toku/Sentai titles that I can play on this?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Real talk. I just got a japanese 3ds. I don't speak japanese. What are some good Toku/Sentai titles that I can play on this?

There aren't any.

And I'm not even joking. The best one is probably KR Travelers Senki, but even that is just Rider Generation 2, minus everyone but W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, and with Gaim added. There's Drive and Ghost games, but they're just eShop endless runner-style games. The Ninnin and Kyoryu games are literally made for babies and not worth playing.

Honestly you should just get/re-play Rider Generation 2. But if you want something, go for Travelers Senki.

Boss Doggie

Yeah too ironman for my tastes, looks crappy.

Also I'm surprised at the lack of Zootopia-fied zyumans considering how big Zootopia is in Japan.

javadoze

And here they are.

hs7O3Hq.jpg
'

I personally don't like the helmet but the suit looks OK for someone familiar with the sci-fi games. Other than that, good luck I guess!

The one positive to these suits is that they aren't washed-out and devoid of color (nor do they have fake muscles), but with that said...

....yeah... suits look silly... (Why even have them look like "realistic" IronMan-ish battle armor if you're just going to slap heels on Pink and Yellow?)

I was going to say they look too technological for a series grounded in a heavy mythos theme, but then I remembered in PR, Zordon creates the Rangers. But he doesn't, he just finds the Power Coins as they are.

Still don't like how mechanical they look.

WillyFive

These suits look like they would have really bass-heavy Hollywood foley work going on anytime they move around on-screen. I knew they would do something over designed to make it look expensive, it's too bad it's rather bad art, especially the swollen helmets.

Akibared

Akibaranger = best series.
OpyXYUz.jpg

fIHOzK6.gif

:D

They so need to work Kamen Rider into this thing someday.

EDIT: Akibared has the best final form with his waifu armor.

6U9WgLL.gif

So many awesome things in Akibaranger! I dream that one day I will also be able to power up with my waifu!

shaowebb

Guys since I woke up I've been given a Nintendo Direct on Culdcept, Trouble Witches coming back on Steam, and now I'm just waiting to see if more golden shit happens with Fighting game news, musou or Toku.

Please tell me you got some Toku news because everything is coming up Shaowebb :p

Boss Doggie

Guys since I woke up I've been given a Nintendo Direct on Culdcept, Trouble Witches coming back on Steam, and now I'm just waiting to see if more golden shit happens with Fighting game news, musou or Toku.

Please tell me you got some Toku news because everything is coming up Shaowebb :p

figuarts Gold Drive

XanopoD.jpg

WarRock

Zyuohger 12
So disappointed that they didn't transform with the animal costumes D=

Man, I enjoyed this episode a lot. Zyuohger keeps consistently better directed than Ghost, even though it was a Tusk focus episode, each character had one or two small moments of characterization. The instrumental theme at the start is so good too.

BatDan

I bet you could do a version of this with The Simpsons.

Ryuki: The "spinning arms/kicking scene" from Lisa on Ice
Hibiki: Anytime Lisa plays her sax
Den-O: That one Treehouse of Horror with Homer making clones.
Decade: Jay Sherman showing up.
OOO: "Remember ALF? He's back, in Pog form!"
Fourze: Deep Space Homer

EDIT:
Kuuga: Drunk Lenny's thumbs up to Mr. Burns

Top Bottom