• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands |OT| Squad Goals

Thinking about getting this on PC. I remember the beta running like complete shit and it turned me off from the game. Framerate was making the game unplayable? I have a 970, 24gb ram, i5-3570k CPU. Just want to make sure this is going to run okay for me before I get it. Sounds like fun!

The CPU seems to be holding you back a bit. I have the same CPU and a 1070, and I had to lock the game to 30fps in order to be able to play without stuttering. A friend who plays the game on an i7 and a 980 can play at 60fps most of the time (not at ultra, of course)

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
The CPU seems to be holding you back a bit. I have the same CPU and a 1070, and I had to lock the game to 30fps in order to be able to play without stuttering. A friend who plays the game on an i7 and a 980 can play at 60fps most of the time (not at ultra, of course)

Shit, that's what I was thinking too. Might just need to get it on PS4 then.

Peroroncino

As someone who was a fan of the GRAW games and Future Soldier, would you guys recommend this? I'm not planning on playing co-op, just soloing the story missions if that's possible.

Subpar AI doesn't bother me.

If you liked doing sync-shots with your AI buddies than this game will be a blast, imagine much more expansive FS with complete freedom of tackling an outpost, base, village etc. from any direction you want.

I'm having a blast both solo and in coop doing everything hush hush.

BUT... the game has some amount of 'jank' to it, the world is so huge that they couldn't iron out everything and sometimes it shows, but overall, the immersion from doing succesful quiet infiltrations is terrific, especially at night, with your NVG etc.

Oh, and there's some very nice character customization when it comes to uniforms etc.

zorbsie

In the task force on Xbox. I notice the clan tag is just numbers. Was this intentional?
Got a kill over 426m kill last night. Felt so good. I know the XB1 version isn't the best graphical version of the game, but it does have it's moments.

655ecd34-82ea-495a-9fg6spp.png

faf60478-d22a-4cbb-beyesuw.png

PaNaMa

Banned
Sync shots with AI squad:

Mark 1, 2, 3, shoot. All bad guys down.

Sync shot with friends

Ok guys, i'll count to 3:
One... *someone shoots, misses, shoots again and again and again missing all shots. Whole base is alerted.
Dude, why?

Lol this exactly. I have 3 friends with the game. For the first 2 days we played together. Now all 4 of us are online, but playing with AI squadmates rather than with one another.

Peroroncino

WAT! Amazing. I've set my goals higher then. Did you have a coop partner spot the enemy?

Yup, friend was spotting my every shot and making sure enemy didn't disappear into the ether, I even got some in-game ubiclub achievment when I made that shot, not sure what for it was exactly.

btw. did anybody find a solution to random numbers appearing instead of a task force tag?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Any idea how it'd perform with a 970 and i5-6600k

Yup, friend was spotting my every shot and making sure enemy didn't disappear into the ether, I even got some in-game ubiclub achievment when I made that shot, not sure what for it was exactly.

btw. did anybody find a solution to random numbers appearing instead of a task force tag?

That is awesome.. I need to try that. I didn't even think of having a local spotter to get around the distance issue!

And no, I think the #'s for clan tag is a bug. Hopefully gets fixed with the first title update. Until then.. go Team 30708!

The Ghost Recon Network is constantly acting up for me, today it won't let me sign in again.. oy.

Also, the sound track is awesome.

I want all the Narcocorridos.. but I can't find them online! The Fantasmas one is great.

My friend's using an i7 4790k. I only tested it with my 3570k (stock clocks) but I think someone else in the performance thread said the same thing about 30fps getting rid of the stuttering.

The stuttering is completely caused by 100% CPU. Limiting the framerate removes stuttering because the GRW.EXE is no longer using 100% CPU at all times.

Lamptramp

Balls to it, y'all persuaded me. I had similar stuttering on the PC as others (as discussed probably linked to my aging CPU) and it wasn't as pleasant as the PS4 experience during open Beta.

Did we have a PS4 task force setup?

Peroroncino

That is awesome.. I need to try that. I didn't even think of having a local spotter to get around the distance issue!

And no, I think the #'s for clan tag is a bug. Hopefully gets fixed with the first title update. Until then.. go Team 30708!

The Ghost Recon Network is constantly acting up for me, today it won't let me sign in again.. oy.

Also, the sound track is awesome.

I want all the Narcocorridos.. but I can't find them online! The Fantasmas one is great.

I'm not sure if it's possible to get that kind of shot without a spotter because of the despawning mechanic after a certain distance. So get a buddy and have fun, we were ecstatic on the party after I've made the shot.

I've also been listening OST for a while now, I'm currently at 1:13:11, but goddamn if that beat around 3 minute mark wasn't great, I think it's my favorite track so far.

void666

Banned
Lol this exactly. I have 3 friends with the game. For the first 2 days we played together. Now all 4 of us are online, but playing with AI squadmates rather than with one another.

Oh, come on. It's fun playing with friends. Even if it's a little messy sometimes.
Sync shot with AI squad feels like cheating sometimes. They never miss. If you're unsure you can hit that sniper far away just ask your squad mates.

_RT_

Hoping someone can invite or send a link for the GAF ps4 task force. The earlier link sends me to a French page with 3 members as well.

Thanks-

Hoping someone can invite or send a link for the GAF ps4 task force. The earlier link sends me to a French page with 3 members as well.

Thanks-

I'm not sure if anyone has set up a PS4 task force.. if you search on the Ghost Recon Network does anything come up?

I think the original Beta one is PC only, and we set up an Xbox one, but it shows differently to PS4 players [French].

Let me know if you find one so I can add it to my notes.

_RT_

I'm not sure if anyone has set up a PS4 task force.. if you search on the Ghost Recon Network does anything come up?

I think the original Beta one is PC only, and we set up an Xbox one, but it shows differently to PS4 players [French].

Let me know if you find one so I can add it to my notes.

I'm not the most die hard player, so I'll give people till tonight to set something up. If nothing has happened, I'll start one and send the info.

Thanks-

Kum0

As someone who was a fan of the GRAW games and Future Soldier, would you guys recommend this? I'm not planning on playing co-op, just soloing the story missions if that's possible.

As a GRAW fan also want to know! Still some of the best fun I had with mades and drones.... last gen!

As a GRAW fan also want to know! Still some of the best fun I had with mades and drones.... last gen!

I heard for a more Ghost Recon'y experience, make sure to turn the HUD and Mini-map off, and jack the difficulty up to extreme.

It definitely makes things tougher. For single player I usually leave the mini map on, to save on time.

I've really gotten to enjoy flying in this game. I still hope the helo controls get tweaked, as there is no good way to ATTACK with the choppers, it's still fun to make combat landings or exfils.

Also, flying through the different weather is awesome.

7jQKyHY.gif

My biggest patch wishes right now:

* Each player shouldn't have to tag resources. Its time consuming and silly. The game already knows who has what in their won world so I don't see the issue here.

* Unidad keeps killing us directly through floors or other hard cover - we know this because we can see the bullet holes on the floor/ceiling. Don't know how we're supposed to work around that one. Needs a fix.

* Alerted enemies seem to be able to see behind them at times. While my buddy drew aggro during a firefight at an outpost I flanked a group of enemies directly from the rear on high ground. As soon as I pointed my rifle down the guards spun around and shot at me. Ehhh.

* We keep losing the soft cover system, which is a real bummer as since you can't peek over or around cover you have to stand or fully expose yourself to fire to take a shot. Definitely needs a fix.

These were the worst things so far. Its a testament to the natural power of co-op that these problems haven't completely killed the game for us.

Also, flying through the different weather is awesome.
Flying at night with no lights or night vision and hugging the ground is also a personal favorite.

Yeah, helos have grown on me.

Flying at night with no lights or night vision and hugging the ground is also a personal favorite.

Yeah, helos have grown on me.

I really enjoy that, for the most part, night is really NIGHT and dark not "night" like most games, where it means just a blue tint on everything.

A lot of times without NV I can't see anything. I would imagine this would extend to the AI enemy as well, but some times I feel like they can shoot at me regardless of visibility.

I'm really curious what the next big patch will cover, though to be honest some of the wackiness/jankiness that happens in co-op is part of the charm for me... you never know when an assault will randomly go sideways.

Hell, most of them go sideways when the Rebels or UNIDAD randomly drive by and start causing chaos.. damn UNIDAD..

Hell, most of them go sideways when the Rebels or UNIDAD randomly drive by and start causing chaos.. damn UNIDAD..
Ain't that the truth.

Rule #1 for us is not to assault with a road at our backs. If there's no way to avoid a road, we pick the least busy one and mine it if it civilians don't use it.

This is double useful since you can avoid getting spotted by passing patrols, but reinforcements also tend to spawn in from the roads so you can usually have some safe distance to either avoid or ambush them.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Getting all freaky in this town.

exxvXnj.gif

Also this game trolls me so much.
3HoTk3p.gif

Not one but 2 helicopters landed on the radio..
b0FqT0l.gif

New favorite GRW activity. Infiltrating a base via parachute at night with an high altitude high opening jump. Slowly visually reconning a base will silently floating in on your chute with NVG on is so fucking bad ass. It is nice a quiet as you float over the base making visual observations only, no tagging, no drones, just making loops around in your parachute as you plan exactly where you want to land. It is especially fun when you have a weapons crate marked and you can basically land right in the doorway of the building containing the crate.

I just want this game at night time all the time.

NoFoX

Huge Future Solider fan here.
No, i wouldn't.
I'm playing co-op with friends anytime and it's a lot of fun.
But i don't think it's the same with KI.

Keihart

What's the good word on a i7 6700k, 970 with 32gb memory?

I have the same cpu, it uses all cores at 25 % at most, maybe 30%. I have a gtx 1060 and that's like 70% with lots of 99% peaks.

This games kills VGAs on ultra or even very high, i haven't been able to run the game at 60 fps on very high or a mix of high and very high so i'm loking it at 30.

It's very pretty though, the vegetation is insane with turf and on ultra in some areas.

Edit: case and point, look at this trailer Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Trailer: Nvidia GameWorks

jmizzal

This game is a good game playing solo but the minute you play with 2-3 friends it becomes stellar.

I gotta find some people who want to do missions, I did it in the beta and it was fun.

So far everytime I match make I get with people just screwing around.

I have been having fun going solo, maybe today i'll join a task force or something

JZA

I just finished the last season of Strike Back just in time for this to come out, and it basically looks like a Strike Back simulator. Hoping that the repetitiveness isn't a dealbreaker.

Top Bottom