• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands |OT| Squad Goals

A friend and I had some.. issues.. last night with vehicles..

To save a bunch of huge GIF's, here is the "Orthwine Tragedy Saga"

Bad Landing

Can you run over your own mines?

Motorcycle sucks

But for good measure.. what the hell?!

IpNtPGY.gif

New favorite GRW activity. Infiltrating a base via parachute at night with an high altitude high opening jump. Slowly visually reconning a base will silently floating in on your chute with NVG on is so fucking bad ass. It is nice a quiet as you float over the base making visual observations only, no tagging, no drones, just making loops around in your parachute as you plan exactly where you want to land. It is especially fun when you have a weapons crate marked and you can basically land right in the doorway of the building containing the crate.

I just want this game at night time all the time.

Yeah, this is epic. 4-man parachute into a base, and then the noise. Uber.

Can someone tell me how the saves work in coop. A lot of the time when you're playing coop you miss story beats etc so I hope me messing around with my much higher level friend doesn't screw my own story progression. Anyone l?

Can someone tell me how the saves work in coop. A lot of the time when you're playing coop you miss story beats etc so I hope me messing around with my much higher level friend doesn't screw my own story progression. Anyone l?

I'm pretty sure whatever you unlock in co-op will remain when you go back to single player, and vice versa.

I joined some friends in progress and robbed a bank, but it was like mission 3/6 in a province I'd never been too. I still have to go back and complete missions 1 & 2, but 3 shows completed, so I guess I can skip it when I get to it again.

You can also replay missions you've completed, to help walk other people through them.

What I'm not sure is once you've beaten everything, can you go back and replay? Or create a new character, or what? I'm guessing that should take a while to 100% the game though.

Dervius

Is there a way you can save multiple loadouts/uniforms in this game?

Uniforms yes. Select a "Special Outfit" in the appearance section of the load out screen. Change it to whatever you like. Select a different one do the same.

It saves the outfit in each slot.

Belker

Had a cool moment earlier with Sparrows and Beo (who's going to apply to join NG) where we came across a small outpost at the top of a hill, with several soldiers and a heavy. We had to capture a man in the middle of the group.

If you look at the video, we've formed up in a triangle so we can cover all the baddies at once. First Beo puts the heavy down on the left, I shotgun a guy standing to the right of the target and wing a second solider. That second solider is finished off by Sparrows, I think. Someone also kills a soldier on a ridge. I had to move back from my flashbang in case I was caught in its radius. Again, we were playing on extreme with no minimap, but markers on.

Clinical.

http://tw2gif.com/done/8556

Sojgat

This game is so good. Definitely the most fun I've had with a new game this year. Took a little while to get into it, but once I started getting upgrades like the grenade launcher, it became amazing.

Probably depends on the location of the province? Maybe they're having a la Nina year.

It might have had something to do with being offline. Connected to Ubisoft servers and now it's working fine. Could just be coincidence though.

Had a cool moment earlier with Sparrows and Beo (who's going to apply to join NG) where we came across a small outpost at the top of a hill, with several soldiers and a heavy. We had to capture a man in the middle of the group.

If you look at the video, we've formed up in a triangle so we can cover all the baddies at once. First Beo puts the heavy down on the left, I shotgun a guy standing to the right of the target and wing a second solider. That second solider is finished off by Sparrows, I think. Someone also kills a soldier on a ridge. I had to move back from my flashbang in case I was caught in its radius. Again, we were playing on extreme with no minimap, but markers on.

Clinical.

http://tw2gif.com/done/8556

Brutal, Savage, Rekt.

After you left we did a mission in another province which was so cool - so many ways to approach.

This game is so much more than the sum of its parts.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Hell yea baby. Can't access it on Ubi Club but it must be coming soon. Same thing happened with Division outfits.

Edit: Ok its showing in Ubi Club now, requirements to unlock is to own Future Soldier. I have it on disc so maybe you need to own it digitally.

Erp7FTD.png

zorbsie

Taking your time and clearing out a Unidad base without raising the alarm is very satisfying. Enjoying the hell out of this game. Quick pic of my operative.
grw_playereusw7.png

Gaz_RB

Hell yea baby. Can't access it on Ubi Club but it must be coming soon. Same thing happened with Division outfits.

Edit: Ok its showing in Ubi Club now, requirements to unlock is to own Future Soldier. I have it on disc so maybe you need to own it digitally.

Erp7FTD.png

WHAT
I AM BUYING FUTURE SOLDIER

THIS IS WHAT I WANTED

Is there no way to get this without owning future soldier?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
WHAT
I AM BUYING FUTURE SOLDIER

THIS IS WHAT I WANTED

Is there no way to get this without owning future soldier?

I don't think so. Game is probably cheap now and it's great. I imagine you only need to have played it for it to be stored on your Ubi Club profile so maybe rent if that's possible.

Maybe Ubisoft will put out a pack of outfits in the future to buy. I believe they did the same with The Division.

Also I had an outfit which I made that was pretty close to it. I can give you the load out and colours if you want.

zorbsie

That Future Soldier outfit looks great. I had a disc version of the game but I traded it in awhile ago. Where do I go to see if I've unlocked it?

Raven117

Can't wait to give this a try later this year.

Between Yakuza 0, Nioh, Horizon, Zelda, and Nier...there is just too much to play!

Erban1

Picked this up on ps4 over the weekend and need some co-op partners. My PSN is Moneyman232 if anyone is looking for a squadmate. Also is there a group for ps4?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
That Future Soldier outfit looks great. I had a disc version of the game but I traded it in awhile ago. Where do I go to see if I've unlocked it?

Go to outfits and it should be at the bottom. To unlock head to Ubi Club rewards for Wildlands.

void666

Banned
Play Horizon Zero Dawn instead?
/jk. I stopped HZD for this game

I didn't completely stop but slowed down a lot.
I feel ashamed. Gaf told me this game was garbage. But i'm having so much fun.

I really really wish devs listen to feedback. I hope to see some QoL improvements soon. Like more hud customization options.

NoFoX

I really really wish devs listen to feedback. I hope to see some QoL improvements soon. Like more hud customization options.

I'm halfway through that too!

HELP!

If i have time to play and my friends are online, i play GRWL, but if no one's online, i play HZD.
Slowed down a lot too on it...

Picked this up on ps4 over the weekend and need some co-op partners. My PSN is Moneyman232 if anyone is looking for a squadmate. Also is there a group for ps4?

I think _RT_ here might be setting up a GAF PS4 Task Force to group 'you people' together. It's helped us on Xbox a little bit.

I don't think so. Game is probably cheap now and it's great. I imagine you only need to have played it for it to be stored on your Ubi Club profile so maybe rent if that's possible.

Maybe Ubisoft will put out a pack of outfits in the future to buy. I believe they did the same with The Division.

Also I had an outfit which I made that was pretty close to it. I can give you the load out and colours if you want.

If only Future Soldier was BC :(

For a den of people who love apparently gaming in all its forms, GAF is a hivemind hole of scum and villainy. Play on!

Belker

Starting to get a little annoyed with having to cycle through items using the left dpad. I manage regularly overshoot the thing I'm looking for. I think I'd like an option where I hold down the dpad and perhaps a command rose appears in the corner for me to choose from.

Talking of which, I also find it hard to use the command rose for re-grouping etc. I'm not getting enough feedback from the UI about where my stick is when I'm trying to select an option. I think I'd like it there were lines extending from the bottom of the options, perhaps making subtle slices-of-pie shapes. It's like there's a deadzone in the middle of the rose and it stops me tracking the stick's position.

Starting to get a little annoyed with having to cycle through items using the left dpad. I manage regularly overshoot the thing I'm looking for. I think I'd like an option where I hold down the dpad and perhaps a command rose appears in the corner for me to choose from.

Talking of which, I also find it hard to use the command rose for re-grouping etc. I'm not getting enough feedback from the UI about where my stick is when I'm trying to select an option. I think I'd like it there were lines extending from the bottom of the options, perhaps making subtle slices-of-pie shapes. It's like there's a deadzone in the middle of the rose and it stops me tracking the stick's position.

Agreed on both counts.. I also don't like having to look down sights and then down on the D-PAD to select (and deselect) the grenade launcher. I (invariably) end up firing bullets at a vehicle or a grenade at some infantry at least once a day. It's not a huge issue, but when you're fighting for your life.. those extra couple seconds count.

To be fair, I haven't bothered to see if you can remap things in the controls. I might pull out my elite controller and just map those buttons to the paddles.

You can slightly speed up the suppressors/grenade launchers on off toggle by L2, and immediatly hitting the d pad button and then letting go of L2. You don't need to let the full ADS animation complete before triggering the on/off. Not a huge deal, but makes it slightly quicker in a pinch.

My favorite moment from playing last night with friends, we all nailed our four different roof targets with parchutes during a night time infill. It was great to land, look up and see each of us at a different corner of the base, just chilling on the root waiting to take shit down.

Hahs

I'm glad they dialed in the bullet drop since the betas - the drop was a bit too dramatic before.

Satisfying getting those 400m+ kills - especially without a suppressor, it's like a bolt of lightning from the sky...I got my audio cranked for this game btw... Excellent ambience.

Belker

You can slightly speed up the suppressors/grenade launchers on off toggle by L2, and immediatly hitting the d pad button and then letting go of L2. You don't need to let the full ADS animation complete before triggering the on/off. Not a huge deal, but makes it slightly quicker in a pinch.

As gamers we'll always try to make things more efficient and faster. What you're describing is clever and I'm impressed someone worked it out. But it reminds me of cancelling in fighting games and it's a shame that we're talking about it. It means, as NSA alluded to, that the original method is clunky.

One could argue that there's a some tangential corollary to people learning how to handle guns more quickly by doing drills - but even as I'm typing, that's a little bit of a push.

Top Bottom