• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Yea even the actual PvP is fun in Survival. Reminds me of the beta days of no Sigs and heal spam. It doesn't take 30 min of strafe dancing with someone to kill them.

Indeed! I heard I shootout nearby, then someone got downed and killed... I sneaked from behind and finished off the other dude with just a few shots from the pistol lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
"Get to the Dark Zone." *craft quickly, gets to Dark Zone* "Get the Retrovirals!" *dodge past a bunch of enemies even though I can take them due to cold and saving medickits, grab Retrovirals* "EXTRACT BY CRAFTING A FLARE GUN!" *Flaregun requires Division Tech and I haven't seen inside the Dark Zone OR the normal area in Survival*

"Well... shit. *gets mobbed by enemies to die*"

10/10 Mode of the Year.

TheSeks

You should get some division tech from the same container as the antivirals.

Or in Infected DZ areas. Which sucks because I NEVER go into the Dark Zone. :x

I went to the very top (DZ06) to spawn the anti-viral at the bottom (DZ01-02). So it seems to spawn the OPPOSITE direction of where you enter. But I really want to know if there's a way to get it to spawn as close to you as you can get to where you can quickly grab it and GTFO.

I had the best Survival run just now. Seriously it was freaking AWESOME. Somehow I managed to find A LOT of resources. Also, I looted 2 or 3 dead players. I ended up with 118K health and 50k dmg. Entered the DZ on DZ04, went to DZ06 to retrieve the antivirals, then went all the way down to DZ02 to extract. When I got there, another dude has just died so I looted his stuff there too. Called in extraction, went to the other side of the street and finished off the hunter with a MMR (not the M44, I don't remember which one it was).

It was a really awesome run. Also completely solo.

domstah

It's strangely relaxing to explore New York finding the last few collectibles, you tend forgot how beautiful this game is. Easily the best looking open world game this gen.

It's also nice to get the occasional green drop off random mobs, it feels more rewarding to explore and engage enemies. Also so glad named enemies respawn so you get the occasional "boss" fight.

Now if only one of my trophies wasn't bugged, I might be tempted to get my first platinum trophy.

BLCKATK

I had the best Survival run just now. Seriously it was freaking AWESOME. Somehow I managed to find A LOT of resources. Also, I looted 2 or 3 dead players. I ended up with 118K health and 50k dmg. Entered the DZ on DZ04, went to DZ06 to retrieve the antivirals, then went all the way down to DZ02 to extract. When I got there, another dude has just died so I looted his stuff there too. Called in extraction, went to the other side of the street and finished off the hunter with a MMR (not the M44, I don't remember which one it was).

It was a really awesome run. Also completely solo.

Ha, I had a very similar run just now. A lot of players died early so there weren't as many going for materials, I was able to gear up really well before I hit the DZ and even more so when I was in the DZ. At the end there was two people left besides me. One began extraction in DZ05 while I headed to Bryant Park in DZ03. Before I got there I saw that the guy in DZ05 got killed by his Hunter.

I found a place to hold up, called extraction and dispatched my Hunter. The Heli was about to land and then I hear "Highly Armored Hostile nearby". I get distorted. I panic when I see another Hunter show up and start shooting at me. I'm like "What!? I killed my Hunter, why is there anoth- Oh no, the last guy is trying to hitch a ride.." Behind me I see the last remaining player show up and the Hunter starts going to town on him. He gets knocked out while I'm running to my earlier vantage point. Luckily for him, his Hunter had some distance to travel to get the melee distance for the kill, I was able to snipe the Hunter down before it killed him and secure the revive. We both got out.

That random owes me big time, he almost got me killed!

Ha, I had a very similar run just now. A lot of players died early so there weren't as many going for materials, I was able to gear up really well before I hit the DZ and even more so when I was in the DZ. At the end there was two people left besides me. One began extraction in DZ05 while I headed to Bryant Park in DZ03. Before I got there I saw that the guy in DZ05 got killed by his Hunter.

I found a place to hold up, called extraction and dispatched my Hunter. The Heli was about to land and then I hear "Highly Armored Hostile nearby". I get distorted. I panic when I see another Hunter show up and start shooting at me. I'm like "What!? I killed my Hunter, why is there anoth- Oh no, the last guy is trying to hitch a ride.." Behind me I see the last remaining player show up with and SMG and he starts getting lit up by his Hunter. He gets knocked out while I'm running to my earlier vantage point. Luckily for him, his Hunter had some distance to travel to get the melee distance for the kill, I was able to snipe the Hunter down before it killed him and secure the revive. We both got out.

That random owes me big time, he almost got me killed!
Hahahah, that sounds awesome. Man, Survival is incredibly fun! I love it!

Something in the game is suddenly putting off some "phone static" sounds and I can't make it stop. Tried reloading and it's still there. So annoying. Anyone know what causes this?

Man, had my first excellent run solo in Survival. I had a full set of yellow and all mods fitted - taking down groups of purple and red guys without a problem. I get to the extraction, call the chopper and start doing battle with the Hunter. This my first time facing a Hunter and I panicked, blanking on how to use grenades and I end up throwing an incendiary grenade at my feet - giving the Hunter enough time to finish me off.

Sucks making it all that way to die, but man what a rush!

Man, had my first excellent run solo in Survival. I had a full set of yellow and all mods fitted - taking down groups of purple and red guys without a problem. I get to the extraction, call the chopper and start doing battle with the Hunter. This my first time facing a Hunter and I panicked, blanking on how to use grenades and I end up throwing an incendiary grenade at my feet - giving the Hunter enough time to finish me off.

Sucks making it all that way to die, but man what a rush!

The best way to deal with the Hunter is to stay away from him. Try crafting a decent MMR, preferably an 131 or 163 M44, as 2 headshots will suffice to kill them. Currently the best spot for extraction is at DZ02, call in the chopper and cross the street, go up to the building in front, snipe him and voilá.

The best way to deal with the Hunter is to stay away from him. Try crafting a decent MMR, preferably an 131 or 163 M44, as 2 headshots will suffice to kill them. Currently the best spot for extraction is at DZ02, call in the chopper and cross the street, go up to the building in front, snipe him and voilá.

Thanks - going to give that a try later!

Tawpgun

Loving survival as well.

For some reason I still try and go for all the sealed caches... even though that gear is useless to me since I sorta think the game outside the game mode is dead.

The survival experience is basically all the good things about the game distilled into one package. If they make Division2 more like it I am IN.

Damn I managed to extract twice today, once playing PvP and the other PvE. I'm becoming an expert, managed to finish without getting downed both times haha

Here's some tips for newcomers:

- If you're playing solo, PvP is basically suicide. Try going at least in two for this mode.
- Every time you start, there's 1 fabric and 1 painkiller in your shelter. Get those and craft a cap (cold resistance 4)
- Don't immediately use the painkillers or the medicines. The sooner you use them, the sooner you'll need more. Wait until 40 minutes or less to start using them.
- Also keep at least 1 medicine for when you extract, if you're running out of time you can slow down your death clock.
- Look for resources everywhere you go. Get down on subways, enter buildings, look close to the walls, etc. Just be careful with the traps and hidden enemies.
- For that, you should craft Pulse as soon as possible (to avoid unexpected encounters)
- Eating canned food or a cereal bar will restore your health 100% (unless you get hit). That's a good hint for when you don't have a medkit/first aid.
- Look for dead players on the map. That's the best spot for resources, as you'll get everything that player had collected until he died.
- Don't try to make your way to the crashed heli. There's nothing great waiting for you. What you'll find there you can find elsewhere in the map.
- Best skills to craft imo are First Aid and Pulse, but Turret is also a good one.
- If you gathered enough resources, craft an extra medkit pouch, you'll be able to carry 3 of them this way.
- Get better clothes. Usually when you kill mobs they drop it, but you can find suitcases all around with them too.
- If you didn't manage to get decent weapons, avoid encounters with tougher enemies. If you only have the pistol, only engage enemies without armor or you'll die with 2 or 3 shots, without any doubt.
- Enter the dark zone.
- Find your antivirals and craft the flare gun
- Get more resources (golden ones) and craft Level 163 M44 or a high level AR depending on your play style
- As I mentioned before, the best spot for extraction is at DZ02. Call in the chopper and immediately get out of the building, cross the street and go up the rope in the other building. Headshot the Hunter twice and he's dead, no time for him to even use the first aid. If you think this is 'cheating' or prefer more challenge do it as you prefer.
- Whether you choose DZ02 or not to extract, avoid close encounters with Hunters as they'll melee you in a heartbeat.

I think that's enough. :D

Vic_Viper

Just bought the Gold Edition on Steam. How is the community on PC compared to PS4? Which has more players that play regularly?
Trying to decide if I should stick with PC or switch to PS4.

Also not sure how the groups/clans work in this game. Is their a Gaf group on PC I can join once I get in game?

Ashtar

So do you think we could get a new OT? Seems this one has been around forever lol.
I need to run more survival I enjoyed what I played but I'm just so caught up in hitman to play anything else

TheSeks

Anyone else getting put into laggy Survival servers? It's annoying as hell to make it to the extraction stage with random stutters only for a Hunter to go into cover, walk through your cross-fire on them and two you to death.

Fistwell

I gave up on the game a while back, a little after falcon lost. Thinking of getting back into it.

Question: how do I gear up from mid-180's? I gave underground a shot and got crushed.

Played a ton of Survival and had something like 55 caches stored up. Opened them all... literally fucking nothing. I think I am done with the game outside of firing it up for Survival every now and again. It's a great mode, rest of the endgame is still trash.

Survival has the option of PVE or PVP.

Why can't they implement the same option for the Dark Zone?

Played a ton of Survival and had something like 55 caches stored up. Opened them all... literally fucking nothing. I think I am done with the game outside of firing it up for Survival every now and again. It's a great mode, rest of the endgame is still trash.

RNG is RNG. I haven't gotten a single new gun introduced in 1.5 yet. Majority of my gear set drops are either AB or Hunter's Faith. :(

I like that they added random loot and a lot of it but there should still be content where you can farm specific gear at reasonable drop rates (unlike the named HE armor that's like a 1% drop rate).

I gave up on the game a while back, a little after falcon lost. Thinking of getting back into it.

Question: how do I gear up from mid-180's? I gave underground a shot and got crushed.

Underground (play on hard), HVT's and DZ will be the quickest ways to gear up. Better yet, set your world tier to 5 and get some friends to carry you through missions, hvts etc so you can get 256 gear straight off the bat.

Pjsprojects

Just bought the Gold Edition on Steam. How is the community on PC compared to PS4? Which has more players that play regularly?
Trying to decide if I should stick with PC or switch to PS4.

Also not sure how the groups/clans work in this game. Is their a Gaf group on PC I can join once I get in game?

I'm on Pc Uplay with a tank build and just started PS4 (Level 10).
PC seems to have a massive following even with some not liking Uplay.

Feel free to add me on Uplay or PS4 - Pjsprojects.

goonie

You ran towards the hunters' spawn :p

At that extraction the hunter spawns right outside those stairs.
I figured! :p That was the first time I saw one spawn there (it's usually in one of the other corners of the parking garage). I feel like hunters' spawns should take player location into consideration, I guess?

RefigeKru

Banned
Can't access survival on PS4. Says it isn't installed in game (it is), and I've restored my licences and redownloaded the game, checked PSN store, PC PSN store and everywhere it says I own it.

It's been like 3 days. :(

TheSeks

Folks told me to run the Underground to boost my Gear Score. But I'm not seeing anything huge (beyond all Gold item drops) in terms of Gear Score to equip. It's matching the same Gear Score I already have?

Folks told me to run the Underground to boost my Gear Score. But I'm not seeing anything huge (beyond all Gold item drops) in terms of Gear Score to equip. It's matching the same Gear Score I already have?

What is your current gear score and what World Tier are you playing in?

Tier 1 = Gear Score 163 rewards
Tier 2 = Gear Score 182 rewards
Tier 3 = Gear Score 204 rewards
Tier 4 = Gear Score 229 rewards
Tier 5 = Gear Score 256 rewards

Again, gear score alone is a poor measurement regarding quality of a build and is simply nothing more than a particular range of stats a piece/collection of gear "could" have.

TheSeks

What is your current gear score and what World Tier are you playing in?

Tier 1 = Gear Score 163 rewards
Tier 2 = Gear Score 182 rewards
Tier 3 = Gear Score 204 rewards
Tier 4 = Gear Score 229 rewards
Tier 5 = Gear Score 256 rewards

Again, gear score alone is a poor measurement regarding quality of a build and is simply nothing more than a particular range of stats a piece/collection of gear "could" have.

Tier 1. I'm trying to get better Gear Score items to unlock Tier 2 to do Incursions.

Edit: Teamed up with Kane and we unlocked Tier 2 (on me) and 3 (on him, with my leader/WT2 giving me better gear) tonight. So I guess grouping up helps. IDK. Wish I had the last 2-3 pieces of Tacticians Gear Set items since that regen your power seems useful.

So I just picked this back up today, I haven't played since around launch. My lvl 28 character is getting destroyed by lvl 24 regular enemies right now. Did they rebalance the gear or something along the way that would make my old equipment obsolete, or am I just shit? Lol.

I really don't know where to go from here, as it has been so long. I still have the last two main missions to complete, but I cant seem to make it to the destination without dying to random lvl 24-29 mobs. Any advice would be appreciated.

So I basically know nothing about this game besides seeing it at E3 a few years ago, but that Survival thread sounded really interesting.

Thinking of getting this in the current PSN sale

So is it basically DayZ in Manhattan? I always wanted to play a game like that. How's the community (finally got a mic, so I might actually be talking to people)? Can I get a basic rundown of what the game and gameplay is like, for someone who has never really played online multiplayer before this month

Bydobob

So I basically know nothing about this game besides seeing it at E3 a few years ago, but that Survival thread sounded really interesting.

Thinking of getting this in the current PSN sale

So is it basically DayZ in Manhattan? I always wanted to play a game like that. How's the community (finally got a mic, so I might actually be talking to people)? Can I get a basic rundown of what the game and gameplay is like, for someone who has never really played online multiplayer before this month

It's a gorgeous, atmospheric cover shooter, but grindy and repetitive. Luckily the shooting and cover mechanics are handled really well, because the core game would get old very quickly. The RPG elements are another hook to keep you playing. There's nothing more rewarding than returning to a mission that was giving you grief, and then stomping through it after a few upgrades. If you don't like the sound of loot collecting and continually tweaking your gear though you may want to look elsewhere.

Game can be fun solo, but comes into its own in co-op. Firefights can be quite strategic affairs, where knowing your teammates position is almost as important as knowing the enemies'. Suppressive fire and flanking comes into its own in co-op, while reviving your buddies is a mini-game in its own right in tougher fights.

An early complaint of mine were the bullet sponge enemies, so a beginner's tip from me: check the enemy level before you tackle a mission. If they are any more than one level higher than you, expect a war of attrition where vast amounts of ammo are required to bring down any elite class enemy.

I bought the game for £20 about a week ago, and I can't put it down if that helps!

So I was playing Survival, 30 minutes in, lots of resources, I go to a hideout to craft the virus filter. Hold square... DELTA ERROR - The Division services are not available at this time.

Thanks, Massive!

Top Bottom