• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

I suck so bad at solo Survival

Let's team up. So that when you die at least I can take your gear, it won't go to waste ;)

68% EAD! Wtf lol.

I tried this same combination and got really good results. But I'm stuck at 56% EAD and 27% DtE. Playing with a G36 (360K) and M700 Carbon I think. Landing 150k headshots with the AR and 600k with the MMR... insane.

Yeah the max EAD I can get is 58% and that's with a 23% AR + Destructive. Can't find a mask with +AED :(

23 from AR
15 from Destructive
10 from Striker
09 from mask
12 from kneepads
69% total EAD technically if you get god rolls ;)

Lanrutcon

went back to my regular dz farm. one thing with getting decent loot and keeping them is having variety in builds. i never had a dps build in 1.4/1.5 so i decided to grab 3 striker piece (thanks to youtube) to get 10% enemy armor damage. which combined with my predator set gives me this

ill say this hits better than my alphabridge, having the Lvoa-c (laser like with the stability at 39%) crit chance at 20.5%, 85% crit hit damage and EAD at 68.50%. agents and NPC's drop faster than any build ive made. need to find the set that grants damage to elites for PVE

Mind breaking down your gear for me in detail? Having trouble reconciling how you're reaching 150k headshots with an AR, even if they're crits.

Wallach

I'm looking to catch up on this game. I haven't played it since not long after release; I was bouncing back and forth between PC and PS4 (one side was with a static group from work, the other was just me messing around solo).

The survival mode is what has me interested again, but I'm also just looking for a good resource to catch up on everything else I might have missed. Stuff like how gearing works now (I'm sure that was overhauled at least once), crafting, etc.

Does GAF play more on PC or PS4? I tend to play solo most of the time - and I'm hoping the changes have made that a little more enticing progression-wise - but it's good to know where folks are for group stuffs.

So I decided to start getting into this again since I haven't played since a month after launch and holy shit am I having fun with 3 of my buddies. I hit level 30 yesterday and played about 7 hours straight without noticing. I have the season pass and was wondering what's the best way to get good gear. I'm light level 213. (Forgot what the armor rating is called in this so I'm using the destiny term)

Quikies83

My mistake - Underground is offline, not Survivor.
Tried to matchmake survivor on Xbox last night for nearly 20 minutes - no bites :(
Xboners unite!!

EL CUCO

Let's team up. So that when you die at least I can take your gear, it won't go to waste ;)
o-rly017.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just started playing this game and it is a lot of fun. I'm level 10 so far and had two questions if anybody may know the answer. For starters how do I access the Survival mode? I can't figure it out and really want to give it a try. Second question is kind of a hardware issue. I have a Logitech G110 keyboard and for some reason the backlights turn off while I'm playing the game. If it hit the backlights button or change the color they flicker and then then off until I exit the game.

Turned on the backlight option in-game? IDK.

The best thing the 1.5 update brought to the table for me was making high-end gear truly viable again as it was one of my main complaints since the introduction of gear sets. It gives the user a lot more options when mixing+matching gear for builds.

I have Ferro's mask on Xbox One but I need it for PC, this is gonna hurt.

Barret's chest (Increase skill power by 10% when no skills are on cooldown, Increase damage by 5% when one skill is on cooldown, Increase armor by 10% when both skills are on cooldown.)

Specialized backpack (Adds 200% of Firearms and Stamina to Skill Power.)

Ferro's mask (Allows you to fire your weapon while under the “On fire” status effect.)

Skull gloves (Increased damage by 16% when no gear set bonuses are active.)

Accomplished knee pads (Rewards from Accolades are tripled.)

Sturdy holster (Your armor is increased by 15% when you stay 4 seconds in the same cover.)

These are some of my favorites but there are other worthwhile ones as well in all gear categories.

Using a Tenacious mask (Increase damage by 10% for 10 seconds when using a Medkit.) and all the above on PC for now.

Absolutely cutting through enemies like a hot knife through butter with a combination of ARs, LMGs, and Shotguns.

Currently at 400K+ for both DPS and Toughness w/ 130K Skill Power. My goal is to keep the former over 400K while pushing the latter to 150K+.

That said, I hope the first order of business in 2017 for Massive/The Division is to give some details on what exactly The Last Stand is and what (if anything) we can expect as far as a roadmap of sorts for expansions/content throughout the next year.

Thanks, ruthless. Your hints were great, I'm having tons of fun with that build (3PM + 3Striker).
I've been running a lot of combinations involving Striker gear over the last few weeks and, for me, I'd just as well rather have the 4-piece Striker set bonus rather than the bonuses from 3-pieces of Predator's and Striker but they both wreck anything you put in front of it.

Happy new year to me lol

Decent roll? I've gotten three drops on PC but only two have been decent while one is useless (Edit: I guess "useless" is a bit strong as it did come rolled with 1260 Firearms but I can only max this particular one out at about 3000 armor and it has "increase Kill XP" as opposed to my other two which both have bonus Ammo Capacity).

Mullah88

68% EAD! Wtf lol.

I tried this same combination and got really good results. But I'm stuck at 56% EAD and 27% DtE. Playing with a G36 (360K) and M700 Carbon I think. Landing 150k headshots with the AR and 600k with the MMR... insane.

your AR needs at least 23% EAD then you add the striker 10% 11.5% on the knee pads, 10% facemask and 15% from destructive

the col. bliss holster combined with a sentry build will be a fun one to try. just need to find the holster first

@lanrutcan you meant to quote insane but ill do that when i get back, ill let you know what mods are on my weapon and talents to hit the crit chance and crit hit dam. and headshots.

is it best to have damage to elites (20%) or protection from elites (15%)

J0dy77

Picked this up a couple days ago when GameStop hard it on same for$12. Wow I'm hooked. Any tips for a beginner? Fastest way to level? Trying to take everything in as i go but I know I have a ton to learn.

Picked this up a couple days ago when GameStop hard it on same for$12. Wow I'm hooked. Any tips for a beginner? Fastest way to level? Trying to take everything in as i go but I know I have a ton to learn.

Play all the story missions on normal, don't waste time on hard till you get to level 30. Do side missions to level up your base and unlock skills. Don't worry about loot too much since everything you have will be obsolete when you reach level 30. Just try out new weapons and skills as you go along so by the time you reach end game, you'll have an idea of what kind of weapons and skills suit your play style. Also, all activities have matchmaking.

your AR needs at least 23% EAD then you add the striker 10% 11.5% on the knee pads, 10% facemask and 15% from destructive

the col. bliss holster combined with a sentry build will be a fun one to try. just need to find the holster first

@lanrutcan you meant to quote insane but ill do that when i get back, ill let you know what mods are on my weapon and talents to hit the crit chance and crit hit dam. and headshots.

I plan on causing more damage to the enemy than they do to me so Damage to Elites.

Lanrutcon

Thanks, looking to try your build.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Play all the story missions on normal, don't waste time on hard till you get to level 30. Do side missions to level up your base and unlock skills. Don't worry about loot too much since everything you have will be obsolete when you reach level 30. Just try out new weapons and skills as you go along so by the time you reach end game, you'll have an idea of what kind of weapons and skills suit your play style. Also, all activities have matchmaking.

Yep, I am also playing it slowly and this seems to be the consensus. And don't rush it. Enjoy the ride to 30.

Eh? Hunter's faith is like the lowest tier gear set now. Why would you ever spec into HF?

FYI it has neither Dmg to Elites nor Protection from them...

He was probably looking to incorporate two pieces for a set bonus into an overall build but must have been confused as none of the 14 sets offer a 20% Damage to Elites bonus although the D3-FNC set does have a 2-piece 15% Protection from Elites bonus.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
I found this really enjoyable and a little addictive at first but it's getting really repetitive now. I'm only lvl 15 and about that many hours in too. Right now I just arrived the Times Square safe house. I don't see any reason to keep playing which is disappointing. Side missions are just the same thing over and over again while the main quests have a bit more variety they just don't really do anything. I don't feel there is an end goal and the story isn't there to keep me interested. I like getting new loot and levelling up and trying new skills and stuff out. I loved playing games like Destiny and Diablo 3.

Nice Lightweight M4 at the Special Equipment Vendor. 22% EAD, Dominant/Vicious/Destructive with high damage roll.

I can't recommend it enough especially for anyone running at least two pieces of Striker gear. Roll off the first talent for Responsive and experience the most deadly, smoothest laser-like AR in the game. I recommend an Omega Rifle suppressor, a handstop, obviously an extended mag, and a VX-1 scope to get the most out of it.

EL CUCO

Finally made it to call in an extraction in PVP solo. Had my Hunter down to a sliver of health...and boom another one spawns. They eventually downed me, and killed me before I could pop a medkit. Thanks to whoever that other player was, that was hiding the entire time...

Mullah88

Eh? Hunter's faith is like the lowest tier gear set now. Why would you ever spec into HF?

FYI it has neither Dmg to Elites nor Protection from them...

Yeah, it's 20% optimal range and 10% headshot damage for 2 and 3 pieces, I believe.

Was just coming on to say that hunters faith nor dead eye has damage to elite? Did they scrap it from all sets? That's fucking stupid, oh well. Trying to roll ferocious in the last spot of one of my lvoa-c to see if it helps

Mullah88

i know im not going crazy, when hunters faith was introduced, it had these set bonuses

Set bonus (2): +20% Marksman Rifle Critical Hit Damage
Set bonus (3): +20% Damage to Elites
Set bonus (4): Talent: Hunter's Faith - Hitting an enemy with a bullet grants you temporary armor. The further your shot, the more armor. The armor disappears after one bullet hits you

so massive reworked it in 1.4, thats what was throwing me off. i have 9% DTE but i was looking forward to seeing how everything would come together with that 20%

Hey everyone, I've had this for a while but not delved into it other then the tutorial missions so far. Is there an active list of GAF players I can jump in with? Thanks!

Wallach

Anyone encounter an issue where enemy levels are all 25 for every mission?

This seems to be happening to me too. Like I just jumped back in on PS4 on my old character who is level 23, and I went to Stuyvesant (level 18-19) just to complete some "easy" side missions and encounters and when I check them on the map, they all say "Enemy Level 25". I'm getting fucking destroyed just trying to do a "defend the JLF guy" encounter; they don't show as level 25 over their heads but I don't seem to stand a chance in this area even though I'm supposedly 4 levels over the zone. Like six enemies per side come from two directions, one with a purple guy with an armor bar, and they do serious damage even at a distance. One of the shotgun guys one shot me from fairly far out on one of my attempts. I don't recall having any issues soloing this basic shit in the overworld back at launch so I don't really know what to do about it at the moment.

Edit - Yeah I can't progress in this game at all right now. The green encounter I just tried spawned 1 purple 19, 3 red 19s, and 3 red 23s that are currently hitting me for about full section of health bar if I even get clipped through cover. Just one of the 23s gunned me down easily through Recovery Link and Health Station when he got to my side.

GazzaGSi

So I finally dragged my ass up to 40 in UG for the Banshee items.

Going to be rocking the jacket and weapon skin for abit I reckon :)

It's odd that certain rooms in UG must be weighted to appear more often than others becuase throughout my entire time I only saw the vault once, that was at level 38 and I rememebr a room that was like a shopping mall or something and I only saw that once throughout the entire time upto 40 aswell.

Acouple of images from the Vault room:

Now at UG preficiency which requires 7k XP per cache. Not bad really, will be a cache on every run.

Wallach

So there is definitely some kind of level scaling bug going on below level 30. I had to have another player send me an invite and then reject his invite to get the world scaling off level 25 and back down to the level of the zone it should be (19). I was getting absolutely mauled otherwise. I don't know what triggers the enemy level scaling thing but try getting an invite from a player your level or lower and declining it if you run into this yourself.

I wonder how many returning players are hitting this and just bailing out again when they get totally shit on by enemies scaled way up beyond them.

great hunters faith it is then

Yeah, Hunter's Faith got the axe apparently.

That said, the only time I would choose Protection from Elites is on a Reckless chest as it kinda helps to balance out the extra incoming damage.

However, with the available high-end chest pieces and other ways to increase specific and overall damage I cannot see much of a reason to run Reckless. I would choose Barret's, Vigorous, and Robust instead for my taste.

Top Bottom