• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

EL CUCO

I'm making it to the Hunter pretty consistently now, but he bodies me every time 😭

Survival is a freaking journey tho. Idk how people speed run it in <15min. I kinda don't wanna know tbh. The magic is in the randomness. If I started running specific routes, I probably wouldn't be enjoying it as much.

Quikies83

Levels don't matter when playing Survival, right?
I'm level 14 but I can play with a level 256 without enemies scaling one way or the other?

Mullah88

Mind breaking down your gear for me in detail?

DPS 351,195 (fir. 6099). toughness 416,693 (sta. 5957). skillpower 84,510 (ele. 2817)
max health 190,655
armor 54.25%
EAD 68.50% (famas/lvoa-c)
DTE 9%
CHC 20.50% (famas cause of vicious)
CHD 68%
Headshot DMG 99%

wepaons:

primary: famas (23% EAD, destructive, vicious, uncomplicated)
Lvoa-c (23% EAD, destructive, unforgiving, competent)
extended mag: 113.50% mag size. 4% chd. 5.80% RoF
rugged mini reflex sight: 7.50% chc. 2.50% stability. 5.50% headshot dmg
(famas) omega rifle supp. tan: 18.0% headshot dmg. 3.0% chc. 4.0% chd. 48% reduced threat
(lvoa-c) compensator: 14% stability. 6.0% headshot dmg. 3.0% chc
small grip red: 19% chd. 5.0% reload speed. 5.0% optimal range

secondary: MP5 ST (destructive, unforgiving, adept)
before using a skill have your mp5 out, that'll activate adept (3rd slot since electronics will be low to unlock), then switch back to the famas/lvoa-c

predator's vest (3196 arm. stamina 1220) - 1242 arm. 6472 health. 52 amm cap.
mod - 266 stamina, 274 arm. 256 firearms, 278 arm.
predator's mask (991 arm. firearms 1238) - 5473 health. 9.0 EAD
mod - 261 stamina, 271 armor
striker kneepad - (2657 arm. firearms 1200) - 1232 arm. 30% disrupt resis. 11.50% EAD. 30% disorient resis.
mod - 261 stamina, 271 arm.
striker backpack (2161 arm. firearms 1209) - 956 arm. 56% amm. cap.
mod - 261 stamina, 271 arm.
predator gloves (997 arm. stamina 1271) - 16% CHD. 9% DTE. 973 smg dmg.
striker holster (1601 arm. 1251 fir. 1267 sta. 1257 ele) - 655 arm.

all performance mod - 6.0% first aid self heal

I'm making it to the Hunter pretty consistently now, but he bodies me every time &#128557;

Survival is a freaking journey tho. Idk how people speed run it in <15min. I kinda don't wanna know tbh. The magic is in the randomness. If I started running specific routes, I probably wouldn't be enjoying it as much.

For the hunters, there are only 2 options imo: M44 from a distance or G36. But don't get close to him, he'll put you down in 2 seconds. Or 1. Try using extraction dz02 or dz03, that one is good too. Call in the chopper and go up the stairs where the snipers use to stay when in the 'normal' dz.

EL CUCO

For the hunters, there are only 2 options imo: M44 from a distance or G36. But don't get close to him, he'll put you down in 2 seconds. Or 1. Try using extraction dz02 or dz03, that one is good too. Call in the chopper and go up the stairs where the snipers use to stay when in the 'normal' dz.
Thanks for the tips. Yeah each time he's killed me was because I was extremely close to putting him down, so I push up close and he slays me lol

Don't worry it'll get nerfed and becomes useless in 1.6

Totally... :(

Damn, I got this partially because Survival sounded really cool and I can't even connect to a match

Are you trying to matcmake? Don't do that, it doesn't work...left it for 1 hour and got no matches.

Plus the random disconnects (delta errors) and 'poor connection to host' causing tons of lag...making it unplayable.

Just had a few sweet survival runs.

First, did a 4-man PUG. One guy disconnects, one dies to a random yellow in the LZ @ the southeast corner of the DZ. Two of us try to sneak past to 30 yellows to get in the DZ, the third guy gets killed during the climbing animation to enter the DZ. I am able to get my antivirals and some other DivTech and craft some HE's. go to DZ02 extract and 2 others are extracting, they go down, another guy joins and we are able to take out all the hunters.

Next I did a solo and was going to kill named bosses in the subway near DZ03 extract, but then someone starts an extract. So I kill my hunter and the other dudes hunter and take both caches (lol) then a third guy comes and we kill his hunter.

Kadin

So I've been gone a while and recently started playing this on PC (played originally on X1) and I'm not sure the best way to play this Survival expansion. I'm only level 18 atm and see that I can actually join this but I'd prefer to play PvE, is that an option? Can I start now or should I wait until I'm 30? I hate to be 'that guy' who just joins a match and stumbles through clueless on what they're supposed to be doing.

Great Survival run today.

C1HHy4XUAAAiM6h.jpg

Had the weird glitch 3 times where random equipped gear kept on disappearing. Lost chest, backpack, mask and sniper that were equipped.

Great Survival run today.

C1HHy4XUAAAiM6h.jpg

Had the weird glitch 3 times where random equipped gear kept on disappearing. Lost chest, backpack, mask and sniper that were equipped.

Yeah it was awesome! Thanks for carryiing me through lol. I just couldn't find fabric to make better gear, I finished with my toughness at 64K... that sucks! But that sweet G36 made the difference (that + turret).

@El CUCO nice, man! PvP! :D

Bookoo

Can someone tell me why one would do anything other than grind The Underground? It seems like it's the easiest and quickest way to get great gear.

Although part of me feels like it ruins the loot loop because there doesn't seem to be much of a reason to do anything outside in the world (besides a change of scenery)

Do different places have different loot tables or can just anything drop from anywhere?

Bolivar687

Banned
Can someone tell me why one would do anything other than grind The Underground? It seems like it's the easiest and quickest way to get great gear.

Although part of me feels like it ruins the loot loop because there doesn't seem to be much of a reason to do anything outside in the world (besides a change of scenery)

Do different places have different loot tables or can just anything drop from anywhere?

In my experience and according to much of the community, the Dark Zone is the fastest way to get great gear. So much so that I'm almost always deleting items to make room for better ones in my DZ pack before extracting.

Weekly HVTs are also an incredibly fast way to get Phoenix credits, which are required to reroll your weapons and purchase from the Terminal vendors. You have to complete a couple Search and Destroy missions for the Intel but once you group up for the Weekly, it's like a massive drop of hundreds if not 1000+ Phoenix Credits. Weekly HVTs refresh on Thursdays so it's a nice way to make sure your Phoenix Credits are maxed out and you're set for the weekly vendor refresh on Friday.

People also like running the Challenging missions since it's a quick 80 Phoenix Credits and can get you roughly the same amount of items as Underground missions, in addition to a chance at the named gear items.

Underground is awesome but I can only do a couple before I need a breath of fresh air.

With dedicated PvP in tow I'd be shocked if they didn't give in and give the players who wanted a dedicated PvE only Dark Zone just that. Not a replacement but just as an option just like in Survival. I would imagine XP and DZ funds to be nerfed in a PvE only Dark Zone if this becomes a reality.

There is a multitude of activities to get gear quick in this current iteration of The Division. With what little content there is for the day one player (which you will be repeating) it's better to mix it up a bit unless you want to get super bored and burnt out on it quickly.

My routine is usually the Daily Challenging mission, a couple Lexington runs, a handful of Napalm runs, a couple HVTs, about half of the Roaming Bosses on any given day, a few Underground Ops, and possibly an Incursion.

I've had up to 21 high-end/gear set pieces drop in a single Daily Challenging mission just as an example.

For your last question, loot for Incursions is still weighted towards the corresponding gear set releases for that particular Incursion but yes you can get all the gear from almost any activity with a few exceptions which are Dark Zone only, I believe.

Still enjoying Survival, but wish the rewards were better. Getting Master and extracting is easy now, but I get nothing to show for it. Opened over 40 caches today, I think I got a better rolled Striker piece, that's it lol.

Had a great karma moment this morning. I am clearing the sporting goods landmark in Survival and some jerk runs in when the boss is at like 20% health, kills him, and takes the survival cache. I take note of his name. Later I am looking on the map and see an unconscious player by the big flame guy landmark, its him. I run over and loot/kill him. Fuck that guy. I took out 3 elite enemies and 90% of the boss and you take the cache.

It is funny to see what loot people think they are entitled to when there is more than one agent in the firefight, though. I had a mob take me down to one medkit and I killed them all but one and was in the process of killing the last guy when some random dude runs up and starts firing. I get the killing headshot on the dude and snatch up the blue gear he dropped, other dude goes crazy on the mic and follows me around accusing me of stealing lol.

I have heard on a few twitch channels from big Division people that Survival caches give you a higher shot at the named gear/weapons. Anyone know if its true? Wonder if PvP adds any odds over PvE.

Goddamn I had the best Survival experience today. Playing solo, I managed to get my toughness to 180k and 70k dps. Was melting NPCs and clearing every landmark. Ended the run with GS 142. And I just looted 1 downed player, the rest I found by myself.

GazzaGSi

Been playing survival on PS4 today for the first time.

First time, died to someone else's hunter.

Second time, died in a dz contaminated area not realising I needed the next level filter lol

Third time, successful. Upto DZ06 for antivirals and extracted just south of The Pit, can't remember which DZ it's in, 05 or 04.

Successful attempt really helped by finding a load of loot which had a G36 and afew HE's.
Was 45 points off 10k on the summary screen and would have liked that master rank trophy but it didn't seem too difficult to get the score I did earlier so should be easily achievable.

Do some Hunters spawn without armour? I'm sure ours didn't. I was in a party of 2, very satisfying hitting the headshot to finish the hunter off.

Goddamn I had the best Survival experience today. Playing solo, I managed to get my toughness to 180k and 70k dps. Was melting NPCs and clearing every landmark. Ended the run with GS 142. And I just looted 1 downed player, the rest I found by myself.

Just did a solo with master and 5 survival caches myself. 10 caches in total, 30+ items and not a single one worth using. FFS.

Successful attempt really helped by finding a load of loot which had a G36 and afew HE's.
Was 45 points off 10k on the summary screen and would have liked that master rank trophy but it didn't seem too difficult to get the score I did earlier so should be easily achievable.

Do some Hunters spawn without armour? I'm sure ours didn't. I was in a party of 2, very satisfying hitting the headshot to finish the hunter off.

Congrats, master isn't hard to get, getting it consistently now. Just kill as many enemies as you can.

Hunters don't have armor. But they can heal, disrupt, use skills..

Would love to see them in more game modes and rest of the game world.

GazzaGSi

Just did a solo with master and 5 survival caches myself. 10 caches in total, 30+ items and not a single one worth using. FFS.

What is the difference between survival cache and sealed cache? I had 2 survival and 4 sealed but when opening them I didn't think to see what the difference was. Are they the ones with 4 items in?

I got a bliss holster in one which had decent rolls, all 1230+ on the stats and just needed armour rolling. The other 23 were useless lol

Congrats, master isn't hard to get, getting it consistently now. Just kill as many enemies as you can.

Hunters don't have armor. But they can heal, disrupt, use skills..

Would love to see them in more game modes and rest of the game world.

That's great thanks. Must admit it was rather satisfying seeing that heli land :)

You're right. To freshen things up abit they really do need the Hunters in other game modes or missions.
The way mine was healing and rolling around it was almost like playing against an agent so kept you on your toes rather than just face tanking npc's in non survival without evening thinking about it.

I was PVE and it made me realise I would like a PVE DZ but with how they've sold the dz from day one I can't see them changing it.

What is the difference between survival cache and sealed cache? I had 2 survival and 4 sealed but when opening them I didn't think to see what the difference was. Are they the ones with 4 items in?

That's great thanks. Must admit it was rather satisfying seeing that heli land :)

You're right. To freshen things up abit they really do need the Hunters in other game modes or missions.
The way mine was healing and rolling around it was almost like playing against an agent so kept you on your toes rather than just face tanking npc's in non survival without evening thinking about it.

I was PVE and it made me realise I would like a PVE DZ but with how they've sold the dz from day one I can't see them changing it.

Survival caches have 4 items and chance(super low) of dropping named items like Urban MDR, Barret chest etc..

Named elites in the DZ guarantee a Survival cache drop. Hunters have a chance of dropping them too..and ofc you can loot them from dead players ;)

Honestly the goal should be to extract 6 survival caches, ignore the rest. Master rank will give you another 3 survival caches so that's 9 x 4 = 36 items.

The first thing that came to my mind was, if they can have pve or pvp option for Survival, and the ability to matchmake solo with solo and teams with teams, then why not the same for the DZ. Baffles the mind.

GazzaGSi

Survival caches have 4 items and chance(super low) of dropping named items like Urban MDR, Barret chest etc..

Named elites in the DZ guarantee a Survival cache drop. Hunters have a chance of dropping them too..and ofc you can loot them from dead players ;)

Honestly the goal should be to extract 6 survival caches, ignore the rest. Master rank will give you another 3 survival caches so that's 9 x 4 = 36 items.

The first thing that came to my mind was, if they can have pve or pvp option for Survival, and the ability to matchmake solo with solo and teams with teams, then why not the same for the DZ. Baffles the mind.

Great thanks, will aim for Survival caches then. Yep, PVE/PVP DZ should've been implemented long ago especially with how easily it's done in Survival. It's like they almost want the ganking to continue. Just offer higher fund/XP/cache items to those that run pvp dz as per survival.

GazzaGSi

Just noticed this in the 1.5 patch notes:

I still get 163 GS stuff from that crate in tier 5?

Confirmed bug and requires patch, not a fix server side :( I hate this client side server side thing. They take the piss releasing updates to fix stuff and always wait until a scheduled patch. Taking the cheap way out so they don't have to pay Sony or MS for releasing the patches, just like quick nav in the stash not working.

Oh but something that is good for the user is always miraculously a server side patch that can be done with maintenance.

Bolivar687

Banned
While I'm not looking for a MOBA, I don't see pure PvP working in the Division. I'd like to see something like you capture a landmark, then it spawns agents/JTF for your side and players have to move between them capturing/recapturing each zone, getting loot all the while, and can split up to try to hold off the other team with different strategies.

I'm really hoping there is no PvE Dark Zone. The tension of not knowing if another agent is coming amplifies the darker, haunting atmosphere of the art assets. And the whole Extraction mechanic just doesn't work if you don't have that threat. It already offers a great PvE experience as it is, since the Rogues appear on the map and it's large enough that it's not hard to avoid them. In my experience, Rogues seem to hover around the lower level areas since that's where lone wolf players go to farm solo, while my team is almost always able to farm the named enemies and caches in DZ05-06. I go in there a lot and I've never had a bad experience of constantly getting ganked or anything like that.

One thing that I'm hoping for eventually which would be a total game changer - World Tier Dark Zone. Higher level enemies everywhere but the chance that the players already matched with you that you see in chat or the safehouses also roam around in the same instance.

Do they factor in mag size and/or reload speed to the dps calc? It doesn't seem to be just damage x rpm.

Yes, it seems like mag size and crit chance/dmg are calculated into it. But play style and overall build matters more than just pure DPS, so a lot of the community recommended weekly vendor items don't necessary reflect a pure DPS advantage.

Had to delete and reinstall the game but finally got Survival working. Had a good first game, teamed up with another player. By the time we got to the dark zone, there were only five players left. And we died

Dynamic3

Yes, it seems like mag size and crit chance/dmg are calculated into it. But play style and overall build matters more than just pure DPS, so a lot of the community recommended weekly vendor items don't necessary reflect a pure DPS advantage.

Gotcha.

What's the difference between crit and headshot?

Gotcha.

Headshot damage is bonus damage for a precision hit. Every weapon has a separate headshot modifier (snipers have highest, smgs have lowest, etc). But every time you hit a headshot, the bonus damage will proc. So if the base damage is 100 and headshot multiplier is 1.8, the headshot damage will be 180 per headshot.

Crit stands for Critical damage. Critical damage is also bonus damage but it triggers based on how much critical chance you have and the amount depends on the how much critical damage your weapons/gear have. For instance, if your critical chance is 20%, then 2 out of 10 bullets will proc critical damage. If your critical damage is 40%, then based on 100 base damage, the critical hit will be 140 damage. Critical hits don't need to be precision hits, they will proc based on your crit chance.

Minimaul

Gotcha.

To add to what Ruthless already said, critical hits are the yellow damage numbers. Headshots are the red damage numbers. White damage numbers are for body shots (or non-crit and non-headshots). Blue numbers are damage done to armor.

Bydobob

So I thought I was finally done with this game, but the promise of better loot continues to draw me in. Maxing out gear score is almost as compulsive as maxing your level. A couple more World tiers to unlock and I'm definitely done. I think.

My group of friends who I ran vanilla Division with until we hit the end game have all come back to try out Survival mode and we are loving it. Such a fun experience. I really hope they continue to add to the mode.

So, we don't want to go full min/max optimization and planned routes, but we could definitely use some tips. I feel like it takes way too long for all four of us to get our filters. Is it best to split up in 2's when running a squad of 4? Should players peel off to DZ immediately once they get their filter?

Either way, we have had a ton of fun. Our closest run as a 4 man squad we got filters, but were way north on the west side and had a guy with only 8 minutes left of infection so we figured we should get further south before entering the DZ so we don't get rocked (we had pretty shit gear). On our dash down Broadway we ran into a mob of several purples and a boss and got our asses handed to us in like 20 seconds. I can't praise this game mode enough. It is all I want to play.

My group of friends who I ran vanilla Division with until we hit the end game have all come back to try out Survival mode and we are loving it. Such a fun experience. I really hope they continue to add to the mode.

So, we don't want to go full min/max optimization and planned routes, but we could definitely use some tips. I feel like it takes way too long for all four of us to get our filters. Is it best to split up in 2's when running a squad of 4? Should players peel off to DZ immediately once they get their filter?

Either way, we have had a ton of fun. Our closest run as a 4 man squad we got filters, but were way north on the west side and had a guy with only 8 minutes left of infection so we figured we should get further south before entering the DZ so we don't get rocked (we had pretty shit gear). On our dash down Broadway we ran into a mob of several purples and a boss and got our asses handed to us in like 20 seconds. I can't praise this game mode enough. It is all I want to play.

The best way imo is splitting up 2 + 2 and then regrouping in the DZ.

I had a veeeery fun run today, managed to kill some dude's hunter which had just killed him. He had called the chopper so I revived him and hopped in as it was leaving. He didn't manage to get in tho lol.

Dynamic3

Actually, I just noticed that they allegedly removed mag size, reload speed et al. from the dps calc, but I noticed that changing my mag mod still alters the dps; perhaps this is a bug?

Wallach

Anyone want to grind some Intel / HVTs today on PC? I'm in WT3 at the moment and want to get the Weekly ones done to try and get some upgrades.

Omg omg omg datamining revealed some awesome shit:

"Agent, we've started pushing further into the Dark Zone. We're unlocking the gates that lead north towards Central Park. I need you to get up there to do a little recon. Let me know what you see, and stay safe. It's not exactly friendly territory."

Look, there's no room. There's just no room any more. The park is full. They can't keep up with the dying. The transport trucks are dumping bodies outside and... and headed back for more. Jesus, I've never seen so much death. They have to seal it off. No one should ever see this..."

"I'm saying it's an opportunity. The JTF, they can't dig graves fast enough. So they are just taking the bodies, all of the bodies, and dumping them in Central Park. Just picking 'em up and throwing 'em in. I mean if you get a decent gas mask, maybe some hand sanitizer- you could find some serious shit in there. If they can't even bury 'em, they sure as hell aren't going through the pockets. But that doesn't have to stop us."

"Not exactly scenic New York City, is it? But at least we got some idea of what we're getting into. Thanks, Agent."

Top Bottom