• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

my team usually just ignore the right side and we all clear and push to the left, pop survivor link, bomb carrier gets closer to tank, pop second survivor link, bomb carrier places bomb, pop 3rd survivor link, we all make it to the middle, wait till apc dies.

We done that earlier in a pug group and all died literally as the APC died.

Thankfully we respawned and got the loots but man was I sweating it out.

Got 2 chest pieces for my hassle.

I like this DGaf better because it isn't a glorified LFG

The reason DestinyGAF was cool is because it was a small community. We all knew each other, and most of the community played together at one time or another. At one point, two DGAF Iron Banner trains were matched against each other! That kind of camaraderie comes from having to deal with a year of shit before the game got really good with The Taken King.

DivisionGAF is in the middle of the shit storm, a different one than Destiny had to endure, but a shit storm nonetheless. I'm anxious to see who sticks around after all the glitches and exploits have been patched.

Iceman829

dKBQd7w.jpg

Iceman829

Drizz and Hawkian alone already put that community head and shoulders above this one, sorry guys.

I've had more fun with this community than I ever did in the Destiny thread. Mainly because if you were an xbox one user every post was ignored by the playstation community for many OTs. The people I met there that played on xbox were great. We mainly stuck to xbox messaging because the thread was useless

Ferny

Drizz and Hawkian alone already put that community head and shoulders above this one, sorry guys.

Hawkian is amazing over there. He's been steady running first timer raids for a long, long time. He was/is amazing in the GW2 community too. But this game really just came out. The community here will continue to get better if the game gets better as it goes along like Destiny did.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I guess I just haven't hit high enough areas of the Dark Zone, but to date, as a level 30/DZ 24, I haven't really run into any game-breaking problems.

I am Level 30/DZ 29 and I have run into a few people who killed me before I even saw them, but I not many.

But at it's core, THAT is the problem that Massive didn't really address. You need to section off the DZ. Right now if someone exploits his way to be god, then it kills the balance of the DZ. Remember at launch there wasn't even an attempt to separate players. It made zero sense and gives me zero faith that they can give balance now.

ChrisW

So just completed the incursion again and the guy on my team was nice bough to trade me some sentry gear for my tactitions gear! So I'm on 3 pieces now :D

My heart was pounding when we were planting the bomb

Klyka

Banned
I'm definitely still in for all the year one Content in this

the exploits don't really Impact me personally as Long as I stay out of the DZ, so I can always jump in whenever I feel like some good ol' third Person Shooting

i really want to see the columbus circle incursion!
I went there when the out of map glitch was possible and it was like, just a barren placeholder so now I really want to see the finished thing

lt519

So if I haven't played since the reset last Friday can I still get the Incursion reward on Hard today if me and my buddies play? Massive amount of misinformation on the webs. Looks like some people in here are reporting loot gets, so carry on..

Archpath1

I feel this thread has a good diversity, seeing posts from different platforms

Hoping we can survive the mess right now

I just wanna have a good time

darkwing

how do the
DZ XP exploit work on PS4?
and how does the exploit for credits work on PS4?

get two gear with Prosperous , switch rapidly between them in the menu, profit

I haven't found anything yet on the DZ XP exploit except for that oob glitch, or maybe Accomplished stacks?

I fired it up to run some of these talent exploits... couldn't even be bothered. Still too much effort for a game I am losing interest in. The three dailies with my friends is the most I can manage every other day. Any for of grinding feels so pointless. I want to play the game, not game the game. That is what I loved about D3 post RoS, the best chances at gear were running rifts and doing adventures. It was so fun to be able to jump on, play the game and get stuff. I feel like I am punching in to work with Div, just like Destiny. Oh, got to farm this, exploit this so I can do this. Don't fall behind!

I've had more fun with this community than I ever did in the Destiny thread. Mainly because if you were an xbox one user every post was ignored by the playstation community for many OTs. The people I met there that played on xbox were great. We mainly stuck to xbox messaging because the thread was useless

Not just useless. FUCKING USELESS. Xbox users couldn't even LFG here. It was a PS circle jerk.

Klyka

Banned
I fired it up to run some of these talent exploits... couldn't even be bothered. Still too much effort for a game I am losing interest in. The three dailies with my friends is the most I can manage every other day. Any for of grinding feels so pointless. I want to play the game, not game the game. That is what I loved about D3 post RoS, the best chances at gear were running rifts and doing adventures. It was so fun to be able to jump on, play the game and get stuff. I feel like I am punching in to work with Div, just like Destiny. Oh, got to farm this, exploit this so I can do this. Don't fall behind!

honestly, as Long as you do and see the Content you are interested in, I don't think "falling behind" applies.

there is no competition between Players, so it doesnt really matter.

I just want to do contant that I enjoy and then get new content down the line.

ChrisW

So just experienced my first real hacker in DZ after entering for 20 seconds, sees me through the wall, pops out shooting me in the head with one bullet from and Smg and I'm dead.... From miles away too

Iceman829

So just wondering who's going to try using mobile cover to breach through the APC tomorrow and see if the loot is deposited into your bag post maintenance. Come on you know it's worth a try :p

Not just useless. FUCKING USELESS. Xbox users couldn't even LFG here. It was a PS circle jerk.

ruthless

Maximus P

Not looked into much news with this game.

Massive seem to be sitting on their hands. Players are leaving in big numbers now.

My friend was on earlier (74 gear score fresh 30) who has now also quit the game. He said the DZ was full of gear score 159s running around killing everyone on sight for no reason and he never collected a thing for the entire time he didn't see the point carrying on.

Edit:looked at a clip he sent me. There's a death squad camping one of the DZ doors and the all have the same clan name in their gamer tags.....how cute.

Klyka

Banned
Not looked into much news with this game.

Massive seem to be sitting on their hands. Players are leaving in big numbers now.

My friend was on earlier (74 gear score fresh 30) who has now also quit the game. He said the DZ was full of gear score 159s running around killing everyone on sight for no reason and he never collected a thing for the entire time he didn't see the point carrying on.

Edit:looked at a clip he sent me. There's a death squad camping one of the DZ doors and the all have the same clan name in their gamer tags.....how cute.

he should be playing hard mode missions to gear up with some crafting sprinkled in and then go to doing challenge modes to gear up more.

DZ at his GS is suicide unless in a Group.

or well, it's suicide anyway cause any competent PvPer is exploiting/glitching/overpowered anyway

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So just wondering who's going to try using mobile cover to breach through the APC tomorrow and see if the loot is deposited into your bag post maintenance. Come on you know it's worth a try :p

I ain't saying nothing.

Already possible.

get two gear with Prosperous , switch rapidly between them in the menu, profit

I haven't found anything yet on the DZ XP exploit except for that oob glitch, or maybe Accomplished stacks?

thats it I just switch between them and then kill enemies? how long will it be stacked for? how many times do I have to switch between them?

Maximus P

Sorry should have elaborated.

He was in a group, he used match making. 2 level 152s and a 134.

I didn't have a better experience tbh. Even at level 151. I ended up selling my pistol to get in, but there were still teams of 4+ killing on site.

I'm not sure what massive can do about it tbh. I can understand their vision, they wanted the DZ to be tense. They wanted the feeling of not trusting anyone and sneaking your loot out.And they wanted the option of going rouge when you steal someone's gear and when that happend you'd become the hunted....

The reality is very different.Nobody gives a shit when you go rouge now, they'd rather avoid your exploiting ass. Squads of players running around killing anyone for any reason. Players are getting the best loot through exploits so the DZ is used as a tdm arena. I had a group chase me round the entire map for 15 minutes just to kill me, without any loot to grab, I stopped running after a while becuase I got bored. They must have felt so good running down a solo player for so long and getting the kill. The hunt must have been very rewarding......

The exploiters have not affected my time with The Division in any way. Whether it's soloing the DZ (161+ bracket), running CM missions, Incursions, etc no change in the way I play and enjoyment from playing.

Maybe I'm lucky.

Do I think the exploits need fixing? Of course for the betterment of the game and community.

What I do find interesting is the folks who are the one and the same...laughing about the exploits and state of the game while also using the exploits for gain and looking to find/try more. That said, I don't care how anyone chooses to "play" a game. If I don't like it, simple, I leave the group and find another (I have yet to have to do this due to exploiters).

Pandy

Sorry should have elaborated.

He was in a group, he used match making. 2 level 152s and a 134.

I didn't have a better experience tbh. Even at level 151. I ended up selling my pistol to get in, but there were still teams of 4+ killing on site.

I'm not sure what massive can do about it tbh. I can understand their vision, they wanted the DZ to be tense. They wanted the feeling of not trusting anyone and sneaking your loot out.And they wanted the option of going rouge when you steal someone's gear and when that happend you'd become the hunted....

The reality is very different.Nobody gives a shit when you go rouge now, they'd rather avoid your exploiting ass. Squads of players running around killing anyone for any reason. Players are getting the best loot through exploits so the DZ is used as a tdm arena. I had a group chase me round the entire map for 15 minutes just to kill me, without any loot to grab, I stopped running after a while becuase I got bored. They must have felt so good running down a solo player for so long and getting the kill. The hunt must have been very rewarding......

I thought the rogue system was borked very early on by including EXP as a reward and not just being about gear, but the exploits have made it an absolute joke.

That said, I've mostly been very lucky in my solo DZ runs so far. Minimal trouble in the 160+ bracket, at least.

I am Level 30/DZ 29 and I have run into a few people who killed me before I even saw them, but I not many.

But at it's core, THAT is the problem that Massive didn't really address. You need to section off the DZ. Right now if someone exploits his way to be god, then it kills the balance of the DZ. Remember at launch there wasn't even an attempt to separate players. It made zero sense and gives me zero faith that they can give balance now.
Oh totally - it needs to be addressed before it becomes an even bigger problem so that as things get added, content-wise, and gear drops go up etc. in the Dark Zone in particular, there's no overarching reason you wouldn't WANT to head there. In theory, rogue agents one shotting me for EXP is not fun. In practice, haven't run into any yet from my levels 0-24. So I've basically still had the experience I think I'm supposed to have.

D_psipher

You've obviously never gone into the dz, I've had actual gaffers here drop party on me and try to take my loot. There is no family here. :(

Damn, that is cold-blooded. We better than this fam.

Jokes aside I am glad we have trading now. I have decent to good luck with drops and have been supplying my DZ crew with my overflow loot.

It's all jokes and everything but I feel like this mentality only drives people away. We all know Massive is doing it themselves already, so I feel like the community should act as one and keep the flames ignited. If there is something that is true, even though I don't play anymore or frequent Destiny GAF, is that that community is an example all other co-op communities should follow. I met so many good folks, and saw so many helping each other out, taking the time to teach things, etc. We really should be better than this. Motivate new players to play even with all the chaos out there with the glitches, don't be a part of the problem.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
yeah i think i'm taking a division break until the next patch; gamebreaking bug after gamebreaking bug and not much content to keep me hooked; will be back in the future to see what they fix and change, i do enjoy the gunplay and multiplayer elements of this game (aka the darkzone) so hopefully it gets better

game has been well worth the $10 i spent though

Lima

Now that's really, really shitty. What in the actual fuck??

I would call it smart. At least that way you don't have to search for people to kill. I sometimes do this myself although through matchmaking. Makes it easy to find a group, go near them and then leave group to kill them all.

It's all jokes and everything but I feel like this mentality only drives people away. We all know Massive is doing it themselves already, so I feel like the community should act as one and keep the flames ignited. If there is something that is true, even though I don't play anymore or frequent Destiny GAF, is that that community is an example all other co-op communities should follow. I met so many good folks, and saw so many helping each other out, taking the time to teach things, etc. We really should be better than this. Motivate new players to play even with all the chaos out there with the glitches, don't be a part of the problem.

This is why I have stopped playing the Division as well as my friends who purchased it because of me. So many glitches and cheaters/exploiters out there it's just not fun. People dropping dz levels to troll lower level, dropping gaf parties to steal someone's loot? Nah. I'm good with all that. In the mean time I will just hang back and lurk hoping all this stuff eventually gets straightened out.

Top Bottom