• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Did they add any story missions in the patch or just PoE 2.0 and KF higher lvl drops?

I'll have the Gear 4 beta and Quantum Break to occupy my time if they want to give me a time out.

After giving the "new" strike a go and deciding it was far from the Bungie quality I used to know I just cannot get excited about chasing another number doing the exact same raid over and over again.

I feel like they just made my characters less powerful by raising the difficulty of the Nightfalls by simply changing number values instead of actually adding anything new. So they want me to chase a new number so I can feel like I used to playing the exact same content. Nope.

PoE additions/update might be worth checking out and the CoO, I guess.

Folks seem to be pretty positive about it but the negative part of the cycle is just around the corner for sure.

I love Destiny and Bungie games but to me this just felt extremely lackluster. Hopefully the Fall expansion will be of at least TTK size. Looking forward to play it again with worthwhile stuff to do.

TsuWave

Does anyone have a video with easy to follow tips on the final wave of the incursion, I can easily get to 15/15 but it's that last push for the bomb etc that ruins us.

my team usually just ignore the right side and we all clear and push to the left, pop survivor link, bomb carrier gets closer to tank, pop second survivor link, bomb carrier places bomb, pop 3rd survivor link, we all make it to the middle, wait till apc dies.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT4| Boy Scout Patches

What the devs must look like after each new bug or glitch or exploit is found lol
image.php

Iceman829

No story. New strike. Some PoE stuff. Gears beta!!! Guess I know what I'm playing this weekend.

Let me know if you want to play some gears this weekend. I played some co-op tdm the other night just to mess with my control scheme. I think I need to change my paddle controls around for gears on my elite controller.

After giving the "new" strike a go and deciding it was far from the Bungie quality I used to know I just cannot get excited about chasing another number doing the exact same raid over and over again.

I feel like they just made my characters less powerful by raising the difficulty of the Nightfalls by simply changing number values instead of actually adding anything new. So they want me to chase a new number so I can feel like I used to playing the exact same content. Nope.

PoE additions/update might be worth checking out and the CoO, I guess.

Folks seem to be pretty positive about it but the negative part of the cycle is just around the corner for sure.

I love Destiny and Bungie games but to me this just felt extremely lackluster. Hopefully the Fall expansion will be of at least TTK size. Looking forward to play it again with worthwhile stuff to do.

Thanks for the replies. I probably would've booted it up if there was a story mission or something just to see what was added "lore" wise, but I never like PoE and ran Kings Fall more times than I need to in a lifetime. I think I'm tapped out on Destiny unless D2 brings a bunch of changes including philosophy. Every patch was just nerfs across the board on everything including my favorite class and I just became bitter about the game. The only reason I kept playing was I enjoyed the people I played with. Some moved over to The Division so I'm not really hung up on playing a certain game anymore.

LMAO at people reporting posts in this thread... That'll teach em a lesson!

Do you honestly think Massive is in the dark here? They know exactly what is going on

Thanks for the replies. I probably would've booted it up if there was a story mission or something just to see what was added "lore" wise, but I never like PoE and ran Kings Fall more times than I need to in a lifetime. I think I'm tapped out on Destiny unless D2 brings a bunch of changes including philosophy. Every patch was just nerfs across the board on everything including my favorite class and I just became bitter about the game. The only reason I kept playing was I enjoyed the people I played with. Some moved over to The Division so I'm not really hung up on playing a certain game anymore.

4wY5w3J.jpg

Fistwell

Just an FYI. Some posters in this thread who don't like cheese have been tweeting the Division CMs a lot of links to posts in this thread of people talking about doing their cheesing and exploiting. I thought you should be aware since the CMs are still talking about bans.
The Division |OT4| Snitches get glitches.

Everyone in this thread is like:

EDIT: image link site didn't work... it was DJ Khaled jumping into the ocean

I haven't gone in on the exploits, not out of some moral superiority or anything. The state of the game started making me lose interest in continuing in general.

But I damn sure wouldn't narc on specific people, absolutely out of moral superiority. You can make the developers aware of issues without pinpointing specific people. Disgusting.

Im not cheesing and I havent done any in game stuff like griefing people in the DZ in a gang of 8.

I also haven't reported anyone and doubt I would. I tend to prefer the 'avoid and move on' approach.

However I can understand why people might feel aggreived enough to report people who are regularly cheating and breaking the games TOS.

I mean these people who are constantly finding ways to cheese/cheat and abusing it heavily ARE affecting the game for other people, and these are people who have also paid for the game and therefore have some right to feel that they deserve not to have the game spoiled.

I personally don't feel the impact of cheating is huge yet. I did the incursion again last night with a bunch of peeps and no one even mentioned cheesing it.
If people start to spread the word via social media etc the amount of people prepared to cheat regularly could snowball as people begin to fear being left behind.
That would have a negative effect on those who don't want to cheat/cheese and so I can understand them being annoyed with the vocal proponents of such behaviours.

Olengie

Does anyone have a video with easy to follow tips on the final wave of the incursion, I can easily get to 15/15 but it's that last push for the bomb etc that ruins us.

Honestly, we just hung out in the Underground Place until the Bomb Guy was somewhat close. Then we killed the Bomb Guy and popped Survivor Link as we rushed to the APC to plant the Bomb. Once one Survivor Link ran out, we popped another one. lol.

Ok I started the LF on Challenging and my DPS was high with the exploit. I died and it continued there. Then I decided to change some gear to get higher health and it went back to normal. Then I started doing the weapon change while in the mission and it didn't work. So it seems you need to be prepared before starting the mission and you can't change anything on you gear or you'll lose all that sweet dps. :(

BurritoBear

Neo Member
Honestly, we just hung out in the Underground Place until the Bomb Guy was somewhat close. Then we killed the Bomb Guy and popped Survivor Link as we rushed to the APC to plant the Bomb. Once one Survivor Link ran out, we popped another one. lol.

That's exactly how we did it too. They will keep coming so we just made sure to take out those damn drones first and then ran for it, popping survivor link.

Dreez

not defending or saying they are ok, but people speak of the materials, credits and talent exploits, which need to be patched, and follow it with "this game is broken", not a wrong sentiment at its core, but those exploits aren't, as of now, widespread

most people, me included don't know of/how to get these exploits to work, the DZ for me, on PS4, is still mostly regular, non exploit users, farming or roguing. occasionally you'll run into a group of people with ridiculous gear score which you know they attained from the incursion glitch but yeah

Yeah anecdotally, I have the same experience and when I mentioned the Incursion glitch, most of my friends didn't know or don't even care to try it :p it's about just grouping up and killing shit, that core hasn't changed.

But yeah fix this shit bungie

Olengie

That's exactly how we did it too. They will keep coming so we just made sure to take out those damn drones first and then ran for it, popping survivor link.

And making sure not get to surprised killed by the Rockets. At least one of us needed to survive. lol.

vivftp

So glad I Platinumed. Now I can put this down for awhile and wait for the season pass content. We had a good run, Agent.

Just need 4 more rogue kills to platinum. I think I'll focus on that when I get home.

Also just my own anecdotal story, but I can report that increasing scavaging from 24% to 228% caused a noticable increase in the drop rate of HE materials from inside and outside the Dark Zone. That's based off of dozens of runs through a Division Tech farming run at 24% and several at 228%.

Really, for anyone unhappy about crafting material costs your best bet is to do a farming run for DT mats. There are plenty of YouTube videos on what to do and each run just takes about 10 minutes.

Rizific

people who are regularly cheating and breaking the games TOS.

this is all it boils down to for me. i sure as hell am not going to read their TOS, but im willing to bet that theres something in there that says something along the lines of "dont purposely break our game". you violate the TOS then you reap whatever punishment the dev's seem fit. im ok with that. it funny because this thread was about people whining about super geared people in the DZ and being unable to catch up gear wise. now that theres an easy way to obtain high end gear people are more like "hey im on ps4 who wants to cheese cm fl!?".

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Not loading for me. Anything interesting?

Bold is the answers by Natchai.

1. Is Ubi/Massive looking into installing some kind of anti-hack program?
I'm not at liberty to talk about anti-cheating tools
2. What is Ubi/Massives focus on at the moment?
It's two-fold, of course the team is working hard on fixing the exploits, glitches and bugs that have been reported to us. At the same time, and mind you these aren't necessarily the same teams (before people say we have to focus on fixing), the team is working hard on getting the next content update ready
3. Can you help us understand why it's taking so long to fix things like Glitches, exploits, Cheaters etc?
There are many things involved, such as when we find out about them, how complex the issue is (i.e. how many moving parts are linked to it, which is why we can't just flip a switch and disable mobile cover), making sure that the fix we put in place is robust, doesn't break anything, and fixes the problem (we know our previous fix for Falcon lost just spawned more glitches for it, we're working to resolve that), and then there are technical constraints that cause us to have larger than wanted lead up times (the way patching software works). Cheaters is an entirely different subject, and I understand you're all frustrated with it, but do understand that we are actively dealing with cheaters, we are banning them, permanently as well, but because so far it's been a decision not to communicate on numbers and the likes, this has gone largely unnoticed and makes it seem like we're not doing anything.
4. Is there a time frame you can give us that things will start changing for the better?
As we said in the State of the Game, many lessons have been learned with the previous Update. You'll start changes for the better with the next patch, hopefully, and then continuously for the future. It's a learning process
5. Do the DEVs see these posts or do you just give them a report of what's going on in the forums?
Many devs go in and read the forums, reddit, they see articles posted on media sites etc...so trust that they are not oblivious to the problems. On the contrary, they might be the most informed of us all. Will you see them post in the forums? Unlikely, it's not their job and it would only warrant them mostly negative attention (even in times where the sentiment is positive)

EL CUCO

Not loading for me. Anything interesting?
Natchai's response to the questions in bold.
Hello Natchai.

I understand that you are, as far as I can tell, the communication line between us, the players and Ubi/Massive. I have some questions about the game and Ubisoft.

1. Is Ubi/Massive looking into installing some kind of anti-hack program?
I'm not at liberty to talk about anti-cheating tools
2. What is Ubi/Massives focus on at the moment?
It's two-fold, of course the team is working hard on fixing the exploits, glitches and bugs that have been reported to us. At the same time, and mind you these aren't necessarily the same teams (before people say we have to focus on fixing), the team is working hard on getting the next content update ready
3. Can you help us understand why it's taking so long to fix things like Glitches, exploits, Cheaters etc?
There are many things involved, such as when we find out about them, how complex the issue is (i.e. how many moving parts are linked to it, which is why we can't just flip a switch and disable mobile cover), making sure that the fix we put in place is robust, doesn't break anything, and fixes the problem (we know our previous fix for Falcon lost just spawned more glitches for it, we're working to resolve that), and then there are technical constraints that cause us to have larger than wanted lead up times (the way patching software works). Cheaters is an entirely different subject, and I understand you're all frustrated with it, but do understand that we are actively dealing with cheaters, we are banning them, permanently as well, but because so far it's been a decision not to communicate on numbers and the likes, this has gone largely unnoticed and makes it seem like we're not doing anything.
4. Is there a time frame you can give us that things will start changing for the better?
As we said in the State of the Game, many lessons have been learned with the previous Update. You'll start changes for the better with the next patch, hopefully, and then continuously for the future. It's a learning process
5. Do the DEVs see these posts or do you just give them a report of what's going on in the forums?
Many devs go in and read the forums, reddit, they see articles posted on media sites etc...so trust that they are not oblivious to the problems. On the contrary, they might be the most informed of us all. Will you see them post in the forums? Unlikely, it's not their job and it would only warrant them mostly negative attention (even in times where the sentiment is positive)
Edit: beaten like a snitch

Top Bottom