• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

phen0m24

Chiming back in to say I've had a blast playing with DivGAF on PS4.

Soss
Cuco
Grimlock
Deku

Many more.

And I'm certain our XB1 bros are totally rad as well. A brief family squabble.

Just hope they fix the game!

ChrisW

Does anyone know why I've just killed the same rogue players about 4 times yet I didnt get the "rogue player down" or any XP increase? No message or anything, was quite annoyed.

I was in matchmaking with some random if that makes a difference?

Archpath1

I would call it smart. At least that way you don't have to search for people to kill. I sometimes do this myself although through matchmaking. Makes it easy to find a group, go near them and then leave group to kill them all.

Yup getting those piggies nice and fat full of loot then boot and kill at extract

Trust no one

Right guys, I've been enjoying the game, haven't had to deal with any exploiters/griefers but I feel like I'm getting a bit stuck.

I'm GS 176 and DZ rank 39. I'm not getting to DZ 50/75, just don't have time for that so farming for xp is out of the question. Ive been killing names enemies in DZ01/02 but just getting trash from them. I've done my dailies and ran Lincoln tunnel on challenging to get Phoenix credits but once I've purchased the gear set BP from the BoO vendor I don't think I'll need them anymore.

So what do I do now? Do gear drops get substantially better in higher DZ areas? I don't feel like I'm ready to do the incursion legit with randoms cos I had trouble doing warrengate on challenging yday. Should I keep doing Lincoln challenging, is there a chance for gear set drops there?

Fistwell

I would call it smart. At least that way you don't have to search for people to kill. I sometimes do this myself although through matchmaking. Makes it easy to find a group, go near them and then leave group to kill them all.
Doing it to randoms when looking for canon fodder is one thing. Doing it to someone you teamed up with from a forum to still his shit is quite another.

MildSoss

Soss
Cuco
Grimlock
Deku

Many more.

Always a pleasure playing with ya, Col.

Hopefully Massive can turn the game around and it becomes some thing great in the end. I'll just be playing it casually for now and play other games in my back log that aren't named Destiny in the mean time as i'm completely burned out on it.

Tawpgun

The reason DestinyGAF was cool is because it was a small community. We all knew each other, and most of the community played together at one time or another. At one point, two DGAF Iron Banner trains were matched against each other! That kind of camaraderie comes from having to deal with a year of shit before the game got really good with The Taken King.

DivisionGAF is in the middle of the shit storm, a different one than Destiny had to endure, but a shit storm nonetheless. I'm anxious to see who sticks around after all the glitches and exploits have been patched.

lol

As others have said, if you werent on PS4 it wasnt a community at all. This thread seemed to have more diversity in that regard. I actually found a group of peeps on Xbox which is amazing.

You've obviously never gone into the dz, I've had actual gaffers here drop party on me and try to take my loot. There is no family here. :(
lol sounds like the DZ alright. That's what makes it so awesome. Get rekt.

I'm sure I'm going to be hopping on this game for some assignments and whatnot, but to be honest I have a busy release schedule leading up to Uncharted. I have Severed next week, Ray Gigant the next and then big one, U4. The Division was the only game I've been playing since it launched, but with all of these games coming, I just cannot justify staying around anymore. Many more fun times await me with those other games. I do hope Massive irons things out as well, because this game could be incredible.

Fistwell

Right guys, I've been enjoying the game, haven't had to deal with any exploiters/griefers but I feel like I'm getting a bit stuck.

I'm GS 176 and DZ rank 39. I'm not getting to DZ 50/75, just don't have time for that so farming for xp is out of the question. Ive been killing names enemies in DZ01/02 but just getting trash from them. I've done my dailies and ran Lincoln tunnel on challenging to get Phoenix credits but once I've purchased the gear set BP from the BoO vendor I don't think I'll need them anymore.

So what do I do now? Do gear drops get substantially better in higher DZ areas? I don't feel like I'm ready to do the incursion legit with randoms cos I had trouble doing warrengate on challenging yday. Should I keep doing Lincoln challenging, is there a chance for gear set drops there?
GS doesn't mean all that much. You could post your gear setup for us to comment on and maybe orient you towards things to fix or improve easily. You're not gonna get much better stuff from the DZ than what you get from DZ01/02. Ranking up to 50 is not that bad if you're willing to go rogue repeatedly (and able to get away with it). Incursion should be next on your plate imo, that and running CM in the hope of a decent weapon.

EL CUCO

I almost dropped group to kill Phenom (Colonel) for his Midas the other night, just to see if he could survive the attack and earn it :p

That'll give him a "story" to tell lol

Lnkn52

Soss
Cuco
Grimlock
Deku

Many more.

Good luck getting those players to play together

Tawpgun

Has anyone done DZ since this exploit arrived? Is it worth it? I've been thinking of jumping on to get some more DZ rank progress but dont want to be isntagibbed my a Damascus with 3 million DPS

Yeah, the drops have a better Gear Score and I always feel much better in the higher Dark Zones. I don't worry too much about players, as it's mostly PvE up there. Lincoln Tunnel is a good start and it does have a chance to drop Gear Set items, but only from the Striker gear set, and it's rare. If you're on PS4, add me, and my friends and I can take you through the dailies if you're having trouble.

There's always something to buy with Phoenix Credits, even if it's just gear and weapon mods. Your ultimate end goal is to be at a 204 GS. You're going to get a ton of crap, but put it to good use by trading it in for Division Credits or crafting materials. You can use those to optimize your gear for your play style.

PSN is GustyGardens.

phen0m24

Always a pleasure playing with ya, Col.

Hopefully Massive can turn the game around and it becomes some thing great in the end. I'll just be playing it casually for now and play other games in my back log that aren't named Destiny in the mean time as i'm completely burned out on it.

I hope so too man.
Already paid for the season pass :(

I almost dropped group to kill Phenom (Colonel) for his Midas the other night, just to see if he could survive the attack and earn it :p

That'll give him a "story" to tell lol

You scrub - you could totally have whatever I get. I'm squishy, bro! I already told Grim if I get sentry gloves he can have them. :p I will complain about losing my keys though...

Good luck getting those players to play together

We already did!
It was nuts

You scrub - you could totally have whatever I get. I'm squishy, bro! I already told Grim if I get sentry gloves he can have them. :p I will complain about losing my keys though...

don't let bird-man bully you colonel, next time just invite me and we'll show him :p

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
i'm debating whether or not it's worth it to do this infinite materials glitch before quitting the game for a month or so lol, would be nice to come back after every content update with a mass of mats although that would mean i'd have to buy the season pass

edit: ehh not worth, ideally they embrace a drop-based loot system next patch and crafting becomes strictly worse but supplementary; cy@ guys next month

Has anyone done DZ since this exploit arrived? Is it worth it? I've been thinking of jumping on to get some more DZ rank progress but dont want to be isntagibbed my a Damascus with 3 million DPS

I haven't had any issues soloing from DZ01-06 from these supposed exploiters.

Think it's more talked about than anything. Sure, some are doing it but not as many as people seem to think which leads to the side effects of all this...anyone with a high level gear set or the best gear in the game must be a cheater and/or anyone who gets killed in the DZ must have been killed by a cheater.

EL CUCO

Bird man? Seems like we gotta remove our own mole from the group, Cuco.
haha we played the other day for about 4 or 5hrs. My birds wouldn't shut up :(
<3 you know I'd never fire a shot at you
purposely

hope Grim gets his gloves soon too.

Division review by Marco Style, all the big Division youtubers and streamers seem to be giving up on the game

Skill-up boycotted the game for a week because he was unhappy with the compensation for locked out players.

Mtashed "The Division is dead for me"

VuXfcJs.jpg

RIP

I know I rescued you a few times myself bro. Bring it lol

We should get a 8 man squad and do a 4v4 for lulz. Not like there is anything else to do in the game atm..

Bird man? Seems like we gotta remove our own mole from the group, Cuco.

It was Lnkn, not Deku. Remove them both though :p

Ryhian

I'm all for some farming glitches and stuff but don't want to have any part in bugged damage/unlimited mats/currency. Farming RNG is one thing to me but this is going to way too far to give crazy advantages to people as well as prob pushing casuals to quit in areas like DZ

Twitch is like the Wild Wild West with people streaming the exploits.

They really need to do a rollback after patch tomorrow. I know these exploits have been around a bit but really past 2-3 days are when they spread like wild fire.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Now if only there was a glitch so I wouldn't have to grind these 20+ DZ levels. Sigh.

That's what I was looking for. A quick DZ experience glitch.
Make it happen people!

Don't mind if it gets me a 3 day ban if I don't have to grind in there for hours.

GazzaGSi

Just flicked through and didn't see this posted:

The Division be going offline tomorrow for some emergency patching.

For UK players, the game will be out of action from 8am, for approximately two hours, while Ubisoft make changes. For those in America, that means no Division from 09:00 AM CEST / 03:00 AM EDT / 00:00 AM PDT.

The full details of the changes are:

Falcon Lost

The APC will now only take damage from C4
Characters will now be killed when going inside the spawn closet

Gameplay

Weapon mods added automatically to a newly crafted weapon can now be deconstructed properly

UI

Fixed an issue where items from the Reward Claim Vendor would be granted abnormally
PC: Fixed an issue where using ASCII code in in-game chat could lead to client crash.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1437212-Changelog-April-21-maintenance?p=11626813#post11626813

pathos11

How long does the incursion on hard usually take? Can be easily be done in an hour?

I haven't run it yet and I was thinking of doing it tonight, but I'll only have an hour. Anyone on PC want to try it? I'm planning on being on around 7:00 central.

Kawngi

Anyone want to carry me through FL CM cheese? I can sadly only get to 25k SP so most groups aren't interested ;(

If so, invite me in-game on PC, name's Kawngi

EL CUCO

We should get a 8 man squad and do a 4v4 for lulz. Not like there is anything else to do in the game atm..
Yeah I really like the DZ but I hope they add a structured PvP mode in the future. I played alot of Ghost Recon back in the day and this game reminds me alot of it.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Any one get like frame stutter while in the DZ? I feel thats its lag but it always happens in the DZ never anywhere else.

kriskrosbbk

The big guy in the subway under Extraction point in DZ3 dropped to a friend a Brutal/Deadly FW M1A. 5 mins later he got shot by an NPC while trying to extract and another player took the sniper before anyone else from our group realised what has happened .I regret I didn't go rogue on my friend before all that shit.

FLAguy954

Wow at the talent stacking. I'm gonna keep it exclusively for PvE. I was able to run Lexgington in like 5~7 min and was doing about 500K per smg bullet o_O.

I would never be an asshole and use this shit under a PvP situation under any circumstances. I imagine the DZ is a hellhole right now :(.

Top Bottom