• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Dr.Acula

Banned
This game is so basic, it's INSANE. Scavenging doesn't work, difficulty doesn't affect loot, challenges are hard-coded AND repeating?

Like... how lazy is that?

fuzzyset

This game is so basic, it's INSANE. Scavenging doesn't work, difficulty doesn't affect loot, challenges are hard-coded AND repeating?

Like... how lazy is that?

Are you referencing that Reddit datamined post? I would take it with a HUGE grain of salt. The gear set information is very inaccurate/straight wrong. I got Strikers Kneepads from Larae (who should only drop Sentry according to the post). Other people are stating similar things (e.g. Strikers gloves from Larae/Finch etc).

Dr.Acula

Banned
Are you referencing that Reddit datamined post? I would take it with a HUGE grain of salt. The gear set information is very inaccurate/straight wrong. I got Strikers Kneepads from Larae (who should only drop Sentry according to the post). Other people are stating similar things (e.g. Strikers gloves from Larae/Finch etc).

You can't convince me that some very basic things like the DPS numbers fluctuating randomly when you equip items (I'm not even taking about the exploits, I noticed it myself playing normally), or repeating missions, or things like Gear Score having no logical link to the quality of the items, aren't real issues.

ChrisW

Im actually quite shocked that a large majority of you guys are willing do all these exploits and risk ruining the game for yourselves, where is the fun in having god mode?

lt519

Tried to make it exciting again tonight with my clan mates. We did Challenge Modes, Russian Consulate for fun, tooled around in the Dark Zone. It all just feels empty, repetitive, and just not rewarding. The missions are beyond boring at this point, the incursion is just bad design, and the Dark Zone instance I was in was lifeless, empty, and not rewarding. When we did run into people we either steamrolled them or they steamrolled us. Zero skill or tactics involved in any encounter. Whoever gets the jump wins or if you are so incredibly overgeared you just stand there and shoot in the open. Give me a true PvP mode.

A stash full of 163s and 4 supply drops of all purples woohoo. All that, I crafted maybe 2 high end items that were crap and ran out of crafting materials. Still 25 levels away from even considering using Division Tech. This game is a hot mess. I've also never exploited so the fact that I can't even craft anything useful or get any useful drops out of the DZ is just terrible. Terrible.

Done.

Im actually quite shocked that a large majority of you guys are willing do all these exploits and risk ruining the game for yourselves, where is the fun in having god mode?

I don't even play the game anymore. It's been a week. Finding and watching the exploits is the new fun that I can get from this game right now.

swooshboy

Neo Member

The person who posted that and broke down the files said that it was from an April 12 build of the game - so things may have been changed.

darkwing

Tried to make it exciting again tonight with my clan mates. We did Challenge Modes, Russian Consulate for fun, tooled around in the Dark Zone. It all just feels empty, repetitive, and just not rewarding. The missions are beyond boring at this point, the incursion is just bad design, and the Dark Zone instance I was in was lifeless, empty, and not rewarding. When we did run into people we either steamrolled them or they steamrolled us. Zero skill or tactics involved in any encounter. Whoever gets the jump wins or if you are so incredibly overgeared you just stand there and shoot in the open. Give me a true PvP mode.

A stash full of 163s and 4 supply drops of all purples woohoo. All that, I crafted maybe 2 high end items that were crap and ran out of crafting materials. Still 25 levels away from even considering using Division Tech. This game is a hot mess. I've also never exploited so the fact that I can't even craft anything useful or get any useful drops out of the DZ is just terrible. Terrible.

Done.

most exciting for us is having an 8 man group in DZ and causing havoc xD

Well, the only exploits I used were the 2 HM shortcuts for UN and PoliceStation mostly for getting crafting materials and also test out methods of play, testing out builds. That was before the 1.1 update. I also do daily and some CM with friends and randoms.

After the 1.1 update, the crafting nerf made the crafting tedious and pointless. The new GS that I think I've had ~6 or so successful CM runs while ~90% of other times I tried, people just join and drops party right away which made it extremely disappointing. No luck on the incursion due to the same as above. I haven't even finish one run on "hard" to even get a shot at those gears. The only green gear I have on me was from me buying a BP and crafted one out. I've already predicted what would happen in the DZ considering that this is a loot based PVP that mostly relies on gears with no real brackets so I didn't even bother stressing over that.

On top of all these the server lags have been getting worst by the day to the point that it render the game unplayable in single mode nor the DZ. I ran in there briefly to do some daily and half the time I see the NPC just stands there while I shoot them. So 1/2 the time I won't know if I'm winning or getting killed lol. I only bother with DZ just so that I can get access to the BP.

The game has been fubar'd with the 1.1 patch way before those latest exploits for me. Those exploits are now more of just "new day new exploit" meme for me and kinda incredible that Massive and Ubisoft seems to just be in cruise control on their dlc roadmap with total disregard with in game balance and economics.

lt519

That's it, the only way to have fun in this game is to grief and that's horrendous. I wish people didn't do it, but you know what, if the developers can't give people anything better to do; have at it.

Sure, once every 8 hours you can turn a server into a melee and a massive cluster fuck where all 24 players are just going at each other. But I've seen that twice in my 72 hours. It's just not normal enough of an occurrence to rely on that as the fun of the game.

deadduck

Interestingly its also the least exciting thing to be on the end of.

Outside of the bugs and exploits, the rogue system needs adressing so the upper hand is with a group of agents, not a group of rogues.

Paertan

I have used the Double Revive glitch in Incursion when I played with low GS guys. That's about it. A lot of glitches and exploits feel like cheating in Solitaire. I don't really care if there are exploits if I can just not use them and it won affect me. But trying to find a group wanting to play legit becomes harder and having to fear DZ players hacking/glitching is annoying since I really like the DZ when there are only legit players.

Klyka

Banned
Anyone else think we'll have to wait at least two weeks for a patch to the talent stacking because of console certification?

Maybe one week if we are lucky?

deadduck

Anyone else think we'll have to wait at least two weeks for a patch to the talent stacking because of console certification?

Maybe one week if we are lucky?

I wouldn't blame console verification, just because you have a bug doesn't mean it alone can be fixed straight away.

They will want to roll it in other fixes and a version update.

Only client side changes require certification.

The shoe can also be on the other foot, update rollup is ready, but waiting on new PC specific fixes to pass internal qa (which seems questionable at best).

Scheduling.

Maximus P

I can see the point of moving up to the 160+ bracket now. In the 0-160 bracket there are teams of level droppers running around killing on site and there's nothing anyone can do. At least in the 160+ bracket there are actually a few good people that stand a chance at fighting back.

I would like to see some big changes to the DZ though.

1) 4+ teams should be stopped. If your within 20 metres of a rouge that isn't in the same sqaud then you gain zero xp or credits and you can't see loot that drops.

2) You can only kill people that are holding loot to initially go rouge.

3) Dying as a rouge drops a percentage of your phoenix credits.

It's about time the rewards stack in favour of people that want to play co-op with random rather than those who go in death squads killing everyone....for the lols.

I stopped playing entirely. I'm just enjoying watching massive slowly implode whilst in damage control. They pissed off a lot of players with patching and nerfing a lot of things no one asked them to go after and so it's been driving people to exploit, farm, and break the game. There was always going to be cheesers, but instead of a surgical strike, they nuked the entire game, alienating casual or new players while giving the cheesers more reason to keep doing what they do.

It's a damn mess and god mode is way more fun than grinding for four hours just to craft one item or hope for a useful drop from an enemy or activity completion.

Loot based games are all about the loot. Division 1.1 is a loot based game that dangles useful loot in front of you but never actually lets you have any of it when playing legit.

I can see the point of moving up to the 160+ bracket now. In the 0-160 bracket there are teams of level droppers running around killing on site and there's nothing anyone can do. At least in the 160+ bracket there are actually a few good people that stand a chance at fighting back.

I would like to see some big changes to the DZ though.

1) 4+ teams should be stopped. If your within 20 metres of a rouge that isn't in the same sqaud then you gain zero xp or credits and you can't see loot that drops.

2) You can only kill people that are holding loot to initially go rouge.

3) Dying as a rouge drops a percentage of your phoenix credits.

It's about time the rewards stack in favour of people that want to play co-op with random rather than those who go in death squads killing everyone....for the lols.

1. That's not going to happen. Rogues killing other rogues is a great time and that would break the system and immersion. Big groups happen naturally, too. It's just part of the fun!

2. Lol.

3. PCs are entirely different currency that is player-isolated. You can't take them from other players so rogues losing them into the void doesn't make much sense.

Bolded. Thsts what 4+ man groups can be sometimes. Co-op with randoms once you get a second group going. It's really some of the most fun the game has to offer. And it's by design.

Let's have Massive patch even more things that don't need adjusted instead of focusing on the mechanics and systems that are actually in need of repair. Light Zone, pls.

Maximus P

1. That's not going to happen. Rogues killing other rogues is a great time !

That's the point. Rouges aren't killing other rouges, we have forums buddies and other large groups forming that can't be stopped, camping Dz entrances, killing low level players or 'Bambis' as they've been called in here for no reason. They may as well be waving a flag as the new players walk into the DZ that reads 'fuck off and play another game', i don't see how this is immersive in any way.

I know this would be hard to implement but this suggestion was here to stop those non-rouge players that camp at the bottom of the ladders in DZ 2 who shoot you in the back as you escalate them to get to rouges. I really don't see the point in a team death match DZ.

3. PCs are entirely different currency that is player-isolated. You can't take them from other players so rogues losing them into the void doesn't make much sense.

Ok then, maybe not the greatest idea, but i do think rewards for taking out 4 man teams should be a lot higher then those for taking out a sole rouge who stole your shit.

Bolded. Thsts what 4+ man groups can be sometimes. Co-op with randoms once you get a second group going. It's really some of the most fun the game has to offer. And it's by design.

If you mean that Massive designed the game so 8 man rouge teams could walk around the DZ killing on sight, then Massive are idiots. The noob friendly area of the map isn't big enough to avoid them so they fucked up.

deadduck

If you mean that Massive designed the game so 8 man rouge teams could walk around the DZ killing on sight, then Massive are idiots. The noob friendly area of the map isn't big enough to avoid them so they fucked up.

If it was by design, they'd talk about it and promote it.

They don't talk about, because they don't want to promote it. They ignore the question in Twitch chat and twitter. They don't talk about glitches and other exploits either, because they don't want to promote them. Their policy is the same for both.

Just because people do it, doesn't mean it's by design. People here are simply justifying their own actions, they are not discussing gameplay. It's a massive flaw with the DZ and I now leave the server as soon as I see people doing it. Let the snake itself.

I think the rogue penalty is fine as it is, but they should bring back the old penalty losses for manhunt. Currently very little consequence to deliberate actions.

In addition, if someone goes rogue in a group, all should be rogue, regardless of proximity or death.

The balance of power needs to be with agents, not super groups. The rogues should be running from randoms, not the other way around.

Trouble is, they've got bigger problems than DZ balance.

rpcdrag0n

Ran into a bunch of tools last night in the DZ glitching the walls and shooting through at every-one leaving the safe house. Going Rogue over and over. Sigh.

rpcdrag0n

Now that is an actual problem. You don't even need mobile cover to glitch into some dz walls, either.

We ended up trying to kill them and got one of them cos we found a spot where our fire would get through, but there were four of them so it was pointless. They sucked in loads of people though and back shot many leaving the safe house, we could see them ping as rogue frequently.

Ridiculous.

darkwing

We ended up trying to kill them and got one of them cos we found a spot where our fire would get through, but there were four of them so it was pointless. They sucked in loads of people though and back shot many leaving the safe house, we could see them ping as rogue frequently.

Ridiculous.

but DZ is the wild wild west, anything goes

jbortz78

The game is beyond help.

Or maybe, make the game that is not exploitable instead?

Or maybe just maybe, if you discover exploits tell the devs instead of spreading/taking advantage of it....

Because like several have said, just because you can exploit/cheat doesnt mean you should or have to.

That's backwards thinking. No one forced those people to exploit.

Or maybe just maybe, if you discover exploits tell the devs instead of spreading/taking advantage of it....

I've played dozens of mmos since the past decade. And I've never seen anything like this. Exploit after exploit, it's ridiculous. These guys are incompetent.

People will find a way and exploit the glitches to their advantages, it's gamers' nature. To overcome that, devs should fix the exploits, and pubs should punish those players. Massive is pretty slow at doing them so far.

Top Bottom