• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

I disagree. They simply need to have GS obtainable via regular CM missions or a new harder mode (guaranteed weekly or depending on the mode) rather than leaving the incursion as the only why to acquire GS of all types. There are very few people willing to do the Incursion legit 'for fun.' It's merely an exercise in tedium to get GS legitimately and even then you are STILL a victim of RNG.

I agree. More ways to acquire the higher GS gear. But still I think it's time to make the current GS gear obsolete due to the exploits.

I'm 120+ hours in and I've yet to receive a single decent loot. Seriously, everything I have I purchased. I haven't had a single decent drop. And I did run missions on hard and challenging. The loot/drop system is an absolute mess imo.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Is the state of the game really cheater's paradise?

Not really. I have yet to come across anyone with super duper gear or anything. If I have, I haven't noticed. People are exploiting for sure, but I don't think it is so rampant that you can't have a good time. I had probably the best time I have had with the game yesterday in the DZ. Now, if I had run into a glitching dude with exploited gear and he killed me in .005 seconds after I just got some great loot, I would be pretty upset.

darkwing

I'm 120+ hours in and I've yet to receive a single decent loot. Seriously, everything I have I purchased. I haven't had a single decent drop. And I did run missions on hard and challenging. The loot/drop system is an absolute mess imo.

that's why so many people cheese, for a loot game, it isn't D3

dskillzhtown

I haven't played this game since April 12th. With all the glitching and people finding cheese after cheese, I have lost all interest. I kinda miss the DZ, I think I have level 50 something and was looking to jump back in but first post I see is that a new way to cheese...

Sigh, I had insane amount of time played on this game first a few weeks but now I just don't even care to load it up. Bought Digital with season pass...feels bad man :(

Dont like comparing Destiny here because of that salt but Destiny's new update was far superior especially how easy it is to get to max 335 light with smart loot and 1:1 infusion. They took a lot of the grind out while division added insane amounts of grind and to those who don't want to grind, they just cheese and glitch the game.

Really hope Massive can fix this game because it seems like a complete mess right now.

How exactly does all the glitching and exploits affect you personally? If you don't care about all that, you can play as normal. Someone else cheesing has zero effect on you leveling up.

h0tp0ck3t

I must have gotten extremely lucky cause man was the Dark Zone a thing of beauty last night. Everyone working together to bring down bosses and extract. No rogues for the 2+ hours I was hanging there. I'll probably never see that again

dskillzhtown

I have gotten good drops on Hard, nothing good on Challenging. But honestly the drops are usually crap. Unless you get a group together and farm the DZ, you aren't going to find crap for the most part. If you have no interest in the DZ, then it is all about buying blueprints and crafting. They really need to fix that. I know their desire was for the DZ to be the only endgame, but I would hope that strategy is being altered.

I must have gotten extremely lucky cause man was the Dark Zone a thing of beauty last night. Everyone working together to bring down bosses and extract. No rogues for the 2+ hours I was hanging there. I'll probably never see that again

Same here. It was awesome. One member of my group accidentally went rogue thanks to some crossfire and they didn't even attack us back.

rpcdrag0n

It is annoying for sure. I've had set pieces drop twice, same item and the other night a mate got a Midas and a gear set piece in 10 mins. All in DZ and all luck of the draw. Currently working up to lvl 50 to buy more, will re-try Incursion and then leave it until the next content drop.

jbortz78

I dont have so much time to play so Im not really affected by people exploiting, havent come across that many in DZ yet....

For me what sucks the most right now is the crafting nerf and the inflation of materials needed. And so would like some smart loot, so I could feel some sort of progression through missions. Feels soo underwhelming to play for example Lexington challenge and get another perf mod or a worse peace of gear I already have...

What's the point in playing then. No thanks. If I have to do that to keep up then I guess I'll just eat the cost of the season pass and get rid of the game. I want to just go into the DZ and have some fun but apparently I can't do that with my current gear score.

Just play the game as usual and you'll be fine. People are acting like you'll have a miserable experience at every turn and that's just not the case. I have yet to have any of the exploits/exploiters affect my time in The Division in any way.

I mean you will have to put the time in to acquire better gear and by time I mean CM missions, HM missions, DZ runs, etc.

Lewl I still had to log out and back in to be able to break down the stupid grey scopes on things I crafted.

They really don't have a clue... also did they not watch the videos of the exploits for the incursion? Ffs..

I am done, it's now at the point where you get one shot in DZ, half the time missions won't even start, hell I tried doing the incursion legit with a group the other night and even when we all logged out and back in the fucking door wouldn't open to let us start the stupid shit.

I regret buying the digital deluxe edition big time.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I disagree. They simply need to have GS obtainable via regular CM missions or a new harder mode (guaranteed weekly or depending on the mode) rather than leaving the incursion as the only why to acquire GS of all types. There are very few people willing to do the Incursion legit 'for fun.' It's merely an exercise in tedium to get GS legitimately and even then you are STILL a victim of RNG.

Weekly time locks with this loot system is just stupid and will encourage people to find cheese. With a less than 1 percent change to get something that fits your build locking anything out weekly is stupid. All these exploits are on the developers for making the economy so bad and the grind so long. When people who are paid to play games all day quit because of the grind there is something seriously wrong with the game. With how poorly coded the game is they will never fix the exploits. So they best loosen up the drop rates of the good stuff so people can actually get it playing the game normally. It would stop 95% of the cheesing if people could get stuff they wanted playing the game.

Fistwell

I've had one nice 204 m44 with decent talents from CM russian consulate, that's it.

Seems like long term investment isn't worth it, unfortunately.
Yeah I agree. Short term fun in the DZ is perfectly attainable though.

Dark Zone a thing of beauty last night. Everyone working together to bring down bosses and extract. No rogues for the 2+ hours I was hanging there.
lol not working as intended.

I assume you mean they need to make all gear set pieces available across a variety of end-game activities?

Because you can get lots of gear set pieces from outside the Incursion, there are a handful that drop only during Falcon Lost. Sure they are different gear scores, but still attainable nonetheless. Below summary should be up-to-date:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4efyco/how_to_obtain_gear_sets_11_edition/

I'd almost be okay with this, but then it's even less incentive to actually run the Incursion legit once it's fixed. So I can see why they want to make some gear exclusive to their "big" end-game missions, just like Destiny would with Trials or raid gear for instance.

Deku Tree

You've obviously never gone into the dz, I've had actual gaffers here drop party on me and try to take my loot. There is no family here. :(

The last time I was in the DZ, Cuco murdered me and stole my loot. Before that happened I thought we were friends. The Division is a friendship destroyer.

I'm sorry
not really :p

Sounds like Cuco did the same thing to you.

I guess Cuco forgot that time when you protected his MIDA on the ground in the DZ because his stash was full.

ODDI

I'm at a happy place now :)
XQSGkQk.png

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Maybe they should make gearing up to do the incursion something that's not a horrible process so people actually just do the incursion instead.

Maybe they should making gearing up to do the incursion something that's not a horrible process so people actually just do the incursion instead.

This ^ Haven't done the Incursion once. Legit or not. The thought of having to plow through 15 damned waves of enemies in the same room is not my idea of fun.

Finally getting somewhere, at 121K Primary, 100K Secondary. Got 2 sentry pieces too.

All without glitching :D the game is actually kinda fun when you're playing the way it's meant to be played. Won't lie, RC on CM was difficult although I died less than my teammates!

Sentry Kneepads fell from RC CM and the chest piece from incursion hard. Also got a Tactician Chest from the incursion.

Overall I'm sitting at 120/65/20

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Maybe they should making gearing up to do the incursion something that's not a horrible process so people actually just do the incursion instead.

Since we are quite far away from OT4 could we have the OT3 changed to The Division |OT4| The game is all f**ked up. We need some patches bad!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
There's no checkpoints in the raid so any mistakes my group makes are punished very severely.

We've also spent around 10-15 hours at end game and it feels like we've made very little progress overall despite doing things like challenge missions and high end Dark Zone farming.

The latter is also harder now that everyone is super geared out and we aren't.

I'm not sure what we're supposed to be doing differently. The main source of our progress has still been crafting despite the changes because the Vector and couple of set items you can make still make the biggest impact.

There's no checkpoints in the raid so any mistakes my group makes are punished very severely.

We've also spent around 10-15 hours at end game and it feels like we've made very little progress overall despite doing things like challenge missions and high end Dark Zone farming.

I'm not sure what we're supposed to be doing differently. The main source of our progress has still been crafting despite the changes because the Vector and couple of set items you can make still make the biggest impact.

My group knows I've been a proponent of them adding at least one or two checkpoints to the Incursion. It's a necessary tweak especially for CM. There have been multiple times I've got to Wave 12-15 and wiped. And then everyone was so frustrated that we ended up cheesing.

I'd go for a checkpoint at Wave 5 and Wave 10 maybe, or even only one after say bomb Wave 8 to split it up into two "halves." Would be a lot more tolerable than starting over!

Wolfe

https://youtu.be/O__HqWctniQ

Chased supply drops for hours because I was curious what happens when one lands on you.

TL;DW - You die.

Lmao that's pretty funny, nice work.

At the end of the day, only Massive is to blame.

Why are people exploiting Falcon Lost? I feel like it's because the devs give you a very limited amount of Gear Sets outside of their shitty horde mode and doing FL is the only way to get GS backpacks and chests (or GS in general) reliably.

So, the players have nothing to do with ruining the game.

Cmon man, I can't really blame anyone for using exploits at this point but trying to justify it like this is rather silly. "Massive didn't give us enough toys so we're taking them!"

Yeah man, players have nothing to do with it. Look at both sides of the coin, this whole situation, while made possible by exploits, was only brought to life by the initial push of people exploiting and gearing up way too quickly. Almost everything since then has been fallout.

To be fair to massive though, some of these "exploits" are people literally changing game files which they should have some kinds of auto ban on similar to changing files in steam games can result in a VAC ban.

Plus some of the methods people are finding for exploiting the incursion are insane.

- open incursion door, but don't run in
- go back to the ladder and throw down mobile cover so you can see it from the bottom.
- climb down
- climb up half way
- shoot half your pistol mag
- climb up ladder and into the ceiling texture
- run towards the APC in the out of bounds area
- shoot sticky and explosives at APC for an hour....

I mean it's not something that really comes up in play testing. People are purposefully breaking the game, which ultimately means that the deva have to focus on making fixes and maybe even delay future content

Play testing sure, but QA should have been able to find these issues imo.

People wouldn't need to do this if massive wasn't locking mostly subpar endgame (but necessary to have) loot behind a crushingly punishing end game and excruciatingly boring horde mode lol.

I agree that Massive needs to come up with more avenues for gearing up, their idea of good loot being extremely rewarding when you get it due to it's rarity isn't working because with all the RNG the "good" loot is just way too rare!

I mean even as a solo player I would expect to find a new gun upgrade sometime after 30 when I'm doing CM/FL/DZ at the end game level. Instead I'm still rocking my blueprint crafted BM AK-74. Don't get me wrong it's got decent to nice talents and a great damage range but I made it literally the moment I hit 30 and haven't found anything close to being better than it.

people who come up with the exploits are certainly going far beyond what you can expect a QA team to catch

I've worked in game QA, this is EXACTLY the kind of stuff I would expect a QA team to catch. Do I fault them for not catching it? No not at all, but to say it's beyond what you would expect them to find is wrong imo.

Edit:

This is where I feel like I'm at, nothing seems enticing anymore since I don't expect to get anything even halfway useful. Instead I'm left saving up phoenix credits to buy more blueprints to craft more shit I'm just going to dismantle anyway because it almost never is better than what I already have.

I've bought all Gear Set and High-end gear/mods/weapon blueprints and currently have 1000 PC while farming Lincoln and Lexington in hopes of acquiring either Striker or Sentry's gloves. It's sucks I have nothing to spend the PC on.

I have both a five piece set of Sentry's and Striker gear but no gloves on either. Looking to do a four piece Sentry's and two piece Striker build or maybe vice versa.

Iceman829

The incursion really is punishing in terms of rewards for time investment. After reading a reddit story on a team that beat challenge difficulty after 2.5 hrs and received zero rewards (no weekly, no apc drop) after beating it legit it makes you question things in the game. They then went on to cheese it and only received the apc drops because the game registered them beating it already for the week. EDIT: The CM incursion has a weekly reward of a 240 GS item. Great once a week you can possibly get 1 item at max GS to drop. 52 weeks in a year... Wait a second we have a May update and 3 DLCs planned this year. 240 GS will mean nothing once 276, 300, etc. GS shows up. Why a weekly lockout on 1 drop that could be completely terrible.

The issue with the end game is the higher GS and new set pieces aren't the most amazing things in the world. When you compare them with properly rolled 163/182 HE items you already own you begin questioning who designed the gear. The trade off for the set bonuses is too severe at times and unless you get an amazing roll the set pieces feel like they actually set you back in this game. Armor talent bonus are lost and it seems as if there are less primary / secondary attributes on the gear sets as well. Armor feels broken as well. Last night I was watching my health drop to nothing or was instantly downed in a Hard Mission when I have 60% armor mitigation and 73k health.

When they announced the patch they stated progress wouldn't be locked behind crafting and when the patch was released it kinda made sense because CM bosses were dropping 4 HEs and gold was everywhere. 10 hrs later that was nerfed. Sadly the game still requires you to craft the best items available, but the stock of blueprint has diminished where you can no longer craft an entire set of armor. The material nerf hurts players trying to get something useful out of those 2 BPs you bought with pcreds to replace your old armor.

The sad state is GS was introduced as almost just a lockout number for activities (see incursion lockout numbers). As much as I thought the light system was terrible in Destiny (mainly due to the shit rng drops) your character actually felt stronger in pve content when you higher light. Being 300 vs 320 in a HM raid feels completely different. Being GS 176 vs GS 210 feels the same or possibly worse if the armor all has shit rolls. This is not progress and that is a problem. Players should feel like progress is being achieved when they raise their GS and not feel punished.

I'll repeat myself one more time just because . The person at massive who thinks a holster with only 2 main stat attributes (firearms, stamina, electronics) instead of all 3 is a dick. If a holster only has 2 stats it should compensate in those stats as in if the max for 3 stat total is 1800 then the 2 stat should have the same 1800 max across the 2 stats. Not some hot garbage 240 GS 523 / 540 holster
, but it gives you 243 extra armor lol.

ch4fx_

I'm all for some farming glitches and stuff but don't want to have any part in bugged damage/unlimited mats/currency. Farming RNG is one thing to me but this is going to way too far to give crazy advantages to people as well as prob pushing casuals to quit in areas like DZ

I'll echo this.

Sanction me all you will (not directed at "you" Ryhian, just a generalization) for indulging in cheese more often that I should, but I would never steam roll another team while I had an artificially inflated DPS of 1,000,000+. There isn't a scenario where that could be a fair playing field for all parties involved -- unless, of course, each time had an inflated DPS.. then it's a matter of "whoever pops survivor link last wins" or "who stacked their abilities the highest?"

I really REALLY enjoy this game & enjoy playing it with some friends I have made in this thread, and some friends I've met through matchmaking. I really want this game to do well so the community will remain constant & so there will "always" be people to play with. Before, spawn camping/questionable decisions were somewhat of a problem in the dark zone.. but if one didn't mind to admit defeat, there was a walk around
You don't always have to walk out the same fucking door
. You could also pop your survivor link & just run away from rogues.. in my experience, I found that most of them will quit chasing you after a long while
this isn't always the case
& you can go about your business. With these astronomical DPS numbers that people are putting out & absolutely NO WAY to defend against it, I fear that people will give up on the game entirely & The Division will become just another "lolUbisoft" game that no one gives a fuck about.

IMO, if Massive would admit they messed up, rather than acting like they have things under control, I think some of the communities drive & determination to find different types of cheese would go away. I'm not naive enough to believe ALL the cheese methods will magically disappear & everyone will play the game the way it was meant to be played.. but I do believe some of (or a lot of) the "I'll fucking show those bastards!!" mentality would go away.

Finding exploits in this game is becoming an Internet joke & I hate that. I'm definitely one of those "glass half FULL" kinda guys, so I want to believe Massive does have a plan to fix this shit show -- I just hope it happens before it's too late. I also try to reassure myself with the fact (or opinion) that vanilla D3 and Destiny both had questionable launches.. only to improved with time. I hope The Division shares the same fate.

please excuse me for comparing diablo/destiny to the division. my comparison was strictly regarding how the game is/should be handled/addressed, not about gameplay &/or which one is (or will be) better

JohnCYQ

Massive/Ubisoft's biggest mistake with The Division is that they approach it like an MMO (always online, some competitive elements like Dark Zone, etc), but program it like a typical single player game ala Assassin's Creed.

Online-only games 101: Never make important game files client-sided. How something like this got past their initial design is baffling.

The APC thing is a really big oversight on their part too. If you only intent for players to kill them using the C4 mechanic, then make sure no other types of damage works on the APC in the first place. I mean seriously, they had to patch the damned APC twice, not even counting the OOB/mobile cover glitches here. (1. Bullets still doing damage to APC, 2. C4 being classified as Explosive damage).

And to date, they are STILL not disabling/removing Mobile Cover from the game. The skill is shit and is never used for anything aside from glitching, your players have repeatedly requested for this skill to get removed and yet you keep it up, really?

Olengie

Just a quick questions about Incursion. Why do you sometimes respawn in Falcon? Is it because the next wave started or are you set to respawn in predetermined waves?

fr0st

Banned
The APC was actually based in the helicopter model in General Assembly thats why it was taking damage from bullets and stuff.

rpcdrag0n

Just a quick questions about Incursion. Why do you sometimes respawn in Falcon? Is it because the next wave started or are you set to respawn in predetermined waves?

I think this might be cos when your team wipe, you start again inside, just before the main room with all the waves. Resets back to wave 1.

Edit - Re-read question and ignore if I've totally misunderstood it (distinct possibility)

rpcdrag0n

Server shutdown in 25mins? Another hotfix?

Here is the list of changes implemented with the server restart of April 21:

Fixed a bug where players could revive others twice by holding the Revive key
Fixed a bug where Talent effects could be stacked by repeatedly switching the equipped weapon. This should also resolve the recent server instability that was due to the increased traffic generated by this bug.

Top Bottom