• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Klyka

Banned
That exploit there with the "friendly fire" seems like it takes forever.
Guy literally says to "go watch a movie"
I can run the incursions like 3 times if not 4 in that timeframe legit.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If you mean that Massive designed the game so 8 man rouge teams could walk around the DZ killing on sight, then Massive are idiots. The noob friendly area of the map isn't big enough to avoid them so they fucked up.
Easy solution. Make PVP DZ optional and let all the 8 man teams fight each other. The trolls get to troll each other and everyone else gets to farm in peace. lol

jbortz78

I've played dozens of mmos since the past decade. And I've never seen anything like this. Exploit after exploit, it's ridiculous. These guys are incompetent.

People will find a way and exploit the glitches to their advantages, it's gamers' nature. To overcome that, devs should fix the exploits, and pubs should punish those players. Massive is pretty slow at doing them so far.

Youre are right that devs should fix the eploits and punish people, and youre right Massive has been too slow. They need to step up their game.
But Im still suprised at the amount of people here taking advantage of the glitch and finding ways to justify it.

The players are ruining the game. Another case of, just cause you can doesn't mean you should.

I've played dozens of mmos since the past decade. And I've never seen anything like this. Exploit after exploit, it's ridiculous. These guys are incompetent.

People will find a way and exploit the glitches to their advantages, it's gamers' nature. To overcome that, devs should fix the exploits, and pubs should punish those players. Massive is pretty slow at doing them so far.

If only the devs weren't hell-bent on nerfing their own game into obscurity and to the point where playing legit is an absolute slog and not fun.

Paertan

That exploit there with the "friendly fire" seems like it takes forever.
Guy literally says to "go watch a movie"
I can run the incursions like 3 times if not 4 in that timeframe legit.

It that is even really true. I think it is bullshit trolling. Show me a video of it and I'll believe it.

Oh man. I just stalked someone who was heading to the extraction point.

Let him call in the chopper, waited on it to arrive, popped CDs and snuck up on him as he was attaching. Killed him and attached them myself.

What a rush. Feel terrible about it now though!

If only the devs weren't hell-bent on nerfing their own game into obscurity and to the point where playing legit is an absolute slog and not fun.

Oh, please. Believe me, even if the game is as easy as you can imagine, people will still exploit the content if it's faster and easier than doing it legit.

And guess what, the exploits aren't only affecting pve, but also pvp in the DZ. If everyone is exploiting their DPS, why wouldn't you? You'll be downed in a second. It's been going on since last month with people exploiting unlimited health regen exploit, double revive, etc. If you're competitive, you wouldn't want to not exploit.

Recall

Should I be dismantling my gear or selling it to vendors? Only level 8 and no idea what is more important crafting mats or currency.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Should I be dismantling my gear or selling it to vendors? Only level 8 and no idea what is more important crafting mats or currency.
At level 8, it is probably a wash either way. You might be able to buy some gear to fill in any gaps you might have at least.

Given the crafting material scarcity, crafting anything at a low level is going to cost too much in crafting materials to be worth it.

Oh, please. Believe me, even if the game is as easy as you can imagine, people will still exploit the content if it's faster and easier than doing it legit.

And guess what, the exploits aren't only affecting pve, but also pvp in the DZ. If everyone is exploiting their DPS, why wouldn't you? You'll be downed in a second. It's been going on since last month with people exploiting unlimited health regen exploit, double revive, etc. If you're competitive, you wouldn't want to not exploit.
Massive shares a good chunk of the blame. As I've said many times before in this thread, there will always be exploiters no matter what, but the dev's approach to issues in their game has been absolutely clownshoes. Instead of fixing the leaking roof they tore out a couple walls and now the structure is collapsing.

If your gears are good and get decent upgrades from mission. You can either sell it or just save up the crafting materials. No need to do much crafting at this point. Also don't bother with upgrading the mats to higher quality (green to blue) currently because the current conversion is a raw deal. You can start experimenting with crafting towards ~29 when you start getting purple. But the crafting would start becoming more valuable when you can craft High End (gold) gears

Thanks guys, I will keep on hoarding my crafting materials and dismantle all my unneeded gear as I go.

image.php

Macrotus

Crafting mats. Definitely.

Even before crafting mat conversion nerf, I used up all of the mats I've saved up while dismantling and stuff and couldn't even get a god roll vector.
You'll definitely need those mats.

itxaka

Defeatist
Oh well, got about 50 hours out of the game.

Got 2 nomad pieces and 2 sentry pieces, a vector and a nice marksman rifle. Done everything on challenging, which is not that difficult, bumped my gs to 187, roamed the dk for a while (lv 35).

I dont think there is anything anymore in the game for me. Doing the dailies is boring. Dark zone is boring with all the hacks out there, plus you dont really get anything out of it but frustration. Incursion doesnt seem to be that interesting as everyone that I grouped with wanted to cheese it so I keep dropping groups.

Was a good game for sure, but the end game is very limited short. Will come back in 6 months or so, lets hope they revamp everything and with the expansion ther is more end game.

Im sorry for the people that want to keep playing, as there is way too many exploits and glitches rigth now. Aimbots, RPM client side modifications, and so on make it difficult for people that want to keep playing to enjoy the game :/

FLAguy954

The players are ruining the game. Another case of, just cause you can doesn't mean you should.

At the end of the day, only Massive is to blame.

Why are people exploiting Falcon Lost? I feel like it's because the devs give you a very limited amount of Gear Sets outside of their shitty horde mode and doing FL is the only way to get GS backpacks and chests (or GS in general) reliably.

So, the players have nothing to do with ruining the game.

Wanted to wake up to see a new incursion glitch, was not disappointed. What's annoying is in this endless chase to fix Incursion exploits, Massive is probably losing sight of how poorly designed and uninspired the Incursion is in the first place. Make it fun to play and worth playing and people won't be as inclined(there will always be some, but not to this extent) to exploit it.

WipedOut

Haven't played since 4/12 and never attempted the incursion. Seems that since I haven't played since then I'm too far behind to play DZ and that I will just get wrecked if I go in there. What happened to all the good vibes people had toward Massive? It's a shit show of hostility all around the interwebs.

Anyway, what can I do to catch up?

I haven't played this game since April 12th. With all the glitching and people finding cheese after cheese, I have lost all interest. I kinda miss the DZ, I think I have level 50 something and was looking to jump back in but first post I see is that a new way to cheese...

Sigh, I had insane amount of time played on this game first a few weeks but now I just don't even care to load it up. Bought Digital with season pass...feels bad man :(

Dont like comparing Destiny here because of that salt but Destiny's new update was far superior especially how easy it is to get to max 335 light with smart loot and 1:1 infusion. They took a lot of the grind out while division added insane amounts of grind and to those who don't want to grind, they just cheese and glitch the game.

Really hope Massive can fix this game because it seems like a complete mess right now.

Haven't played since 4/12 and never attempted the incursion. Seems that since I haven't played since then I'm too far behind to play DZ and that I will just get wrecked if I go in there. What happened to all the lauding people had toward Massive? It's a shit show of hostility all around the interwebs.

Anyway, what can I do to catch up?

Cheese and glitch! :p

darkwing

At the end of the day, only Massive is to blame.

Why are people exploiting Falcon Lost? I feel like it's because the devs give you a very limited amount of Gear Sets outside of their shitty horde mode and doing FL is the only way to get GS backpacks and chests (or GS in general) reliably.

So, the players have nothing to do with ruining the game.

when the only reliable way to get 204 weapon to drop is CM cheese, people will cheese it

Macrotus

shitty horde mode

Feel the same.

A large room with 15 waves of NPCs is just boring.
I'd rather play regular mission on a difficulty higher than challenge which rewards gear sets.
Its recycling content which is already in the game, yes,
but is more enjoyable than Incursions.

Macrotus

when the only reliable way to get 204 weapon to drop is CM cheese, people will cheese it

I heard that the three big guys with LMGs at the end of Warren Gate have a chance to drop 204s. But I guess the possibility for them to drop 204s is extremely low...

imo, hard mode Incrusions should be dropping those 204 weapons. At least as a weekly additional reward. So that it would become useful when trying out challenging difficulty.

The loot distribution system or what ever its called is just currently horrible.

edited: I think I should have just edited my above post and edit this reply in....

FLAguy954

Feel the same.

A large room with 15 waves of NPCs is just boring.
I'd rather play regular mission on a difficulty higher than challenge which rewards gear sets.
Its recycling content which is already in the game, yes,
but is more enjoyable than Incursions.

I would go for something like that as well. The we would have to rethink what skills to use and use cover, focus fire, and crowd control more often. This would make the game more tactical and would be a breath of fresh air, even if they reused the story missions.

I just want something more dynamic (as another poster said) than a fucking horde mode.

WipedOut

I haven't played this game since April 12th. With all the glitching and people finding cheese after cheese, I have lost all interest. I kinda miss the DZ, I think I have level 50 something and was looking to jump back in but first post I see is that a new way to cheese...

Sigh, I had insane amount of time played on this game first a few weeks but now I just don't even care to load it up. Bought Digital with season pass...feels bad man :(

Dont like comparing Destiny here because of that salt but Destiny's new update was far superior especially how easy it is to get to max 335 light with smart loot and 1:1 infusion. They took a lot of the grind out while division added insane amounts of grind and to those who don't want to grind, they just cheese and glitch the game.

Really hope Massive can fix this game because it seems like a complete mess right now.

Cheese and glitch! :p

What's the point in playing then. No thanks. If I have to do that to keep up then I guess I'll just eat the cost of the season pass and get rid of the game. I want to just go into the DZ and have some fun but apparently I can't do that with my current gear score.

ChrisW

To be fair to massive though, some of these "exploits" are people literally changing game files which they should have some kinds of auto ban on similar to changing files in steam games can result in a VAC ban.

Plus some of the methods people are finding for exploiting the incursion are insane.

- open incursion door, but don't run in
- go back to the ladder and throw down mobile cover so you can see it from the bottom.
- climb down
- climb up half way
- shoot half your pistol mag
- climb up ladder and into the ceiling texture
- run towards the APC in the out of bounds area
- shoot sticky and explosives at APC for an hour....

I mean it's not something that really comes up in play testing. People are purposefully breaking the game, which ultimately means that the deva have to focus on making fixes and maybe even delay future content

Massive, just take incursion offline until its fixed. All green gear sets make them obsolete and when you re-launch the incursion have them at a higher GS so people will have to farm for them again and this time the legit way.

People wouldn't need to do this if massive wasn't locking mostly subpar endgame (but necessary to have) loot behind a crushingly punishing end game and excruciatingly boring horde mode lol.

How the hell do people even discover that series of events?

I mean what was the logic behind emptying your pistol mag? Is it to force a reload animation or something?

The people who come up with the exploits are certainly going far beyond what you can expect a QA team to catch

Hey the hell do people even discover that series of events?

I mean what was the logic behind emptying your pistol mag? Is it to force a reload animation or something?

The people who come up with the exploits are certainly going far beyond what you can expect a QA team to catch

Yea this is why massive needs to have a fucking proper beta of a month or two before they release the damn game. Not a single weekend like they had.

rpcdrag0n

Cheese the entire game, spoil it for yourself and then blame the developers as they let you. Makes sense.

Absolutely not saying that Massive aren't dropping the ball here and the incursion should just be taken down, it is just amusing to read the justifications for the cheese.

TsuWave

well, just to change the tone in here a bit, killed a team of 4 rogues by myself yesterday. one of them was even using double revive glitch, then one of them messaged me saying "that was a hell of a headshot. i didn't know what hit me. good stuff" after i dropped him pretty quick with my M1A

def the highlight of my experience so far. felt pretty good.

rpcdrag0n

My bad there, apologies, I will embrace the tonal change and say I'm still loving it and have 180 characters on both consoles. I find the DZ fun and aside from the odd cheating so and so's haven't had much bother.

willow ve

So I've played around 40 hours now. I stopped the main story when I hit level 14 and have playing exclusively in the Dark Zone since then.

My question is this : Did they change the Dark Zone vendors and what they sell? It used to be DZ lvl 30+ got you better gear, but now it's all stuck at DZ lvl 15+ for the "better gear"... This is frustrating as people who played earlier and/or have a second twink alt had a chance to purchase items that are no longer available to me as a lowly casual.

Thoughts?

Fistwell

I think so, yeah. On my screen, my character just keeps climbing the "invisible ladder," but looking at others doing it, I saw them getting off the ladder, reloading their gun, then teleporting up. I think the reload throws the game off or something.

rpcdrag0n

So I've played around 40 hours now. I stopped the main story when I hit level 14 and have playing exclusively in the Dark Zone since then.

My question is this : Did they change the Dark Zone vendors and what they sell? It used to be DZ lvl 30+ got you better gear, but now it's all stuck at DZ lvl 15+ for the "better gear"... This is frustrating as people who played earlier and/or have a second twink alt had a chance to purchase items that are no longer available to me as a lowly casual.

Thoughts?

Yes I think they put some stuff behind a lvl 50 requirement.

Some-one will come along and confirm that for you now as the guys on here know this game inside out :)

FLAguy954

Massive, just take incursion offline until its fixed. All green gear sets make them obsolete and when you re-launch the incursion have them at a higher GS so people will have to farm for them again and this time the legit way.

I disagree. They simply need to have GS obtainable via regular CM missions or a new harder mode (guaranteed weekly or depending on the mode) rather than leaving the incursion as the only why to acquire GS of all types. There are very few people willing to do the Incursion legit 'for fun.' It's merely an exercise in tedium to get GS legitimately and even then you are STILL a victim of RNG.

I disagree. They simply need to have GS obtainable via regular CM missions rather than leaving the incursion as the only why to acquire GS of all types. There are very few people willing to do the Incursion legit 'for fun.' It's merely an exercise in tedium to get GS legitimately and even then you are STILL a victim of RNG.
Yep. It's just really bad, all around.

Top Bottom