• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_rocca42

Finally hit 30 last night. Did CM with a fellow gaffer and a couple randoms. It was tough for sure. Woulda went smoother if the randoms would communicate.

LAA

Just played division with a buddy in a party, like PS4 private party, did matchmaking to play a game with someone random and we could hear his voice and seemingly talk to him (though he had an awful mic so we didn't really hear anything)

Is there anyway to disable this? Never heard of game chat interfering with party chats.

TheAznOne

Just played division with a buddy in a party, like PS4 private party, did matchmaking to play a game with someone random and we could hear his voice and seemingly talk to him (though he had an awful mic so we didn't really hear anything)

Is there anyway to disable this? Never heard of game chat interfering with party chats.

Priority party chat instead of game chat in settings.

Liamc723

What on earth is up with this game tonight?

I'm having problem after problem. I haven't made it past the first room of the challenge mission today, nothing is going my way. The entrance doors won't open, people leave as soon as we wipe once. Ugh.

G_Berry

Banned
4AbJK8k.jpg
SMALL - ARMS - FIRE!!!

Hawk269

Get some sleep and snacks... You will be playing for a while.

This Game can be a time sink. Depending on the type of player you are, I would suggest take it slow, explore, take in the environment that was created etc. Unless you are a power leveler, it has some really great things to see and find, ton's of collectibles as well.

Use matchmaking unless you want to solo at least on the main missions. Grouping with people even when playing missions on Normal can still be a challenge since the game scales based on number of players and player level. Game can be solo'd without much issue as well. I tend to solo most of the content, but for missions I like grouping and of course the DZ is a whole other story...personally I love it!

I'm loving so much about this game as far as gameplay, and puzzles and stuff. But I think I'm most consistently surprised by the little things in the details. I was helping my friend do missions yesterday and there was a snowstorm. We entered a safehouse and I realized we were covered in snow. Snow that then proceeded to slowly melt and make my hat wet. Crazy details, man.

Tainted

Has anyone else taken the time to pick up all the collectibles ? I have the base at 100% and completed every zone and have them all showing on my map...but running around picking them all up seems like a chore.

I'm loving so much about this game as far as gameplay, and puzzles and stuff. But I think I'm most consistently surprised by the little things in the details. I was helping my friend do missions yesterday and there was a snowstorm. We entered a safehouse and I realized we were covered in snow. Snow that then proceeded to slowly melt and make my hat wet. Crazy details, man.

Yet you see the same NPC survivors doing the exact same actions over and over again. It's weird how some corners were cut, yet other details are so good.

LProtag

Finally hit 30 last night. Did CM with a fellow gaffer and a couple randoms. It was tough for sure. Woulda went smoother if the randoms would communicate.

I'm up for trying out CM at some point.

We'd probably need someone good with us though, since my gear is trash.

Hawk269

Agree.

I have put in over 30+ hours into this game and it had just snowed and me and my wife approached an encounter. I tucked behind a barricade and one of the enemies was across the way and there was a tree with low hanging branches that had snow on them. I proceed to try to shoot the enemy and as my bullets pass through the branches you see a small puff of snow falling off the branches of the tree. Like you said, the details are pretty amazing in this game.

LProtag

So we get 3 Daily Missions? Hard and Challenging?

2 Hard ones that you can only play once and a Challenging that you can repeat, I think.

The hard ones are easy enough with randoms, so it's a good way for anyone to be able to get some PC.

Played this quick on my work PC, gtx titan let me see it in all its maxed out glory at well over 60fps. Hard to go home and play it on my budget gaming rig on high now lol.

#Firstworldproblems

Ammogeddon

Has anyone else taken the time to pick up all the collectibles ? I have the base at 100% and completed every zone and have them all showing on my map...but running around picking them all up seems like a chore.

I made a start but got frustrated when I couldn't pick up some of the echoes, some of them are glitched. I hope they patch it soon it does my OCD no good at all.

Namikaze1

I did. It was not fun. Especially when I cleared out zones before going to a new and unlocking the safe house and found some collectibles I couldn't get till later. Had some Echos I couldn't activate due to them being tied to side missions in later zones.

And the jackets you get are so not worth it imo.

Tainted

I made a start but got frustrated when I couldn't pick up some of the echoes, some of them are glitched. I hope they patch it soon it does my OCD no good at all.

I see....I came across an echo (I think it was in Midtown East) which I couldn't pick up either. If this is a regular occurrence I may give it a miss altogether then.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
2 Hard ones that you can only play once and a Challenging that you can repeat, I think.

The hard ones are easy enough with randoms, so it's a good way for anyone to be able to get some PC.

Alright cool. Just jumped in with a group at the end and wrecked him on Hard. Dropped a nice AUG. :p

There are some side missions that will unlock later as end game content when you finish the main missions

Check your Intel list, you should actually have the busted Echos. The bug is that the map markers aren't clearing, not that the Echos aren't registering as collected.

I still miss 4 echos. And I done all missions, side missions and tech/med/sec missions. It's all checked out.

I still miss 17 collectible, 13 no showing on map and 4 echos still on map not registering...

Ruruja

I see....I came across an echo (I think it was in Midtown East) which I couldn't pick up either. If this is a regular occurrence I may give it a miss altogether then.

Even though you can't pick them up, they're still registered in your Intel thing once you've accessed the ECHO, you just don't get the few hundred xp picking one up gives you.

As for whether it's boring to go around collecting them or not - I'd say they're quite fun to go around collecting as some can be quite funny telephone conversations or a little tale to tell.

Ammogeddon

Yeah I've had a few that wouldn't let me pick them up. Checked on a few forums and it's quite common so hopefully they'll fix it.

Whoyouare

What on earth is up with this game tonight?

I'm having problem after problem. I haven't made it past the first room of the challenge mission today, nothing is going my way. The entrance doors won't open, people leave as soon as we wipe once. Ugh.

I was having all sorts of problems this morning. My character and loot falling through the map during a mission. It was quite annoying.

arhra

Man. Figured I was about geared enough (all 30/31 purples, about 80k dps/50k hp, not much I can improve without getting lucky HE drops/farming enough phoenix creds to buy/craft some HEs), and jumped into matchmaking for the challenge mode for the first time tonight.

That hasn't been going well. Every run seems to end in us getting grenade-spammed to death then people dropping before we even reach the first checkpoint.

Is that all of them, or is it just this one in particular that's bad?

Ramirez

I have, it honestly doesn't take that long if you've been picking some of them up as you played along the way. The jackets you get are pretty different from what I've found else where, so...I guess it's worth it if you're into the cosmetic aspect. Kinda wish they were whole sets and not just a jacket though.

DirtyLarry

What am I missing with the Gear Mods or whatever they are called? I've gotten 2 during my travels, even crafted a specialized one, so I have 3 total, but I am not seeing any opportunity to equip them? I can equip weapon mods obviously, no problems there, but with this gear mods, none of my other items in my inventory give the option to Mod. It is grayed out on everything. Do I need to be a higher level? I Just hit Level 12.

Also just a random question, but is there anything to be gained from the Shooting Range in the security wing? I checked it out very quickly back when I first enabled it (around Level 5 or 6), and the best I got was 8 before I just moved on. Is there any benefit to getting a certain level in the shooting range?

Ammogeddon

Even though you can't pick them up, they're still registered in your Intel thing once you've accessed the ECHO, you just don't get the few hundred xp picking one up gives you.

As for whether it's boring to go around collecting them or not - I'd say they're quite fun to go around collecting as some can be quite funny telephone conversations or a little tale to tell.

There are some that don't appear in your Intel log which appear to mainly be from the echo side missions. I have one missing from the Michael Dufrane mission and one from the Judy Walters mission. I've been back a few times and still can't pick them up even though they appear on the map. Really annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom