• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterphoenix

Neo Member
One more post, to pour it out for a friend.

msyivQw.jpg

g5Xr77k.jpg

kQiNrYQ.jpg

fLXwF31.jpg

Absolutely glorious. I'm glad that opening chests is going to be something viable now. Looks like they're trying to balance the risk/reward aspect of going rogue (though DZ credits still seems pretty lame since everything goes Phoenix endgame) GAF do you think this patch will increase the number of rogues in the DZ?

pringles

Wish you didn't lose DZ keys from dying. I couldn't care less about credits/xp, but it doesn't seem right that you should lose the keys.

knitoe

I have a question looking at your stuff
I have a caduceus and a vector 45 which one is better on 1st weapon ?
And mostly my 2 upgrade skill for these weapon require electronic stats which is annoying how yours aren't ?

Thanks
I don't think it makes a difference which slot it's in. I just have the vector as primary since I use it the most. For secondary, I switch between a HE AK47 and HE Custom M44 depending on the situation.

As for weapon talents, I have probably crafted close to 100 vectors. The electronic ones I just deconstruct. I am still trying to get one with Brutal, Deadly and last slot Fierce. The hardest roll is having Fierce in the last slot otherwise it requires high electronic which my build is not.

WITHE1982

Following BK's generosity, any suggestions on what to spend Phoenix Credits on, guys? I'm pretty much all purple at the moment with just a gold sidearm.

Vector or Black Marker AK-47 blueprint. I personally went for the Vector and it shreads. I play with a marksman as a secondary so it works quite well although it really depends on your play-style. Vector is great at short to medium range and AK is better at medium to long.

After that maybe a HE magazine blueprint and hope for a crit+ roll. It'll boost your DPS a lot.

I personally also like the HE gear mods. Get whichever suits your build, I got stamina and firearms. Pop them in your gear and watch those numbers climb.

Edit: If you got a Caduceus from BK I'd go with Vector and use the Cad as your assault rifle for now.

So only way to get he blueprints for chest, gloves and holster is DZ? And therefore DZ lvl 50? :(

Looked everywhere and it certainly looks like it as I'm also after those. I know the BoO sells HE gloves (not blueprint) but they're not too impressive. You could get lucky with a CM drop but after trying 6 times I got nothing (4 masks!). Also the DZ blueprints require division tech which is hard to get hold of.

Paertan

I am watching the stream and my mind was kind of blown when Gothalion said you could use an Alt char to empty stash xD
Man I would have needed that. Great when you forget to keep track on your stash space while in Dark zone.
Log out Main in dark Zone
Empty stash
Log out alt
Extract.

I'm currently on level 16 and there seem only to be story progressing quests left who are recommended for at least being level 20.

I don't wanna do all these sidequests to slowly rise my level..

This is part question, part suggestion...Is it feasible to rank up pretty high in the DZ whilst low level in the main game?

For the hardcore on here this may be more a question for your alts...I don't know.

I'm only level 10 in the main game but already level 16 in the darkzone. I got there in only 2-3 hours by grouping up with randoms.

Both times I went in (DZ1), there were only 2-3 players in the zone total, and they immediately invited me to join them. There are tons of PvE enemies and it's pretty hard to survive them on your own, so there is a lot more incentive to team up and treat it like a really hard PvE zone.

We were basically in a constant firefight the entire time, so getting XP and cash is pretty quick, and pretty risk free as in a team of 2 or 3 you can control the encounters well.

My plan is to level a little in the main game, but always out-level that in the darkzone, I'm hoping that from 10-29 the same pattern of low server populations and high AI enemy counts will encourage teaming up and therefore fairly painless levelling up.

My aim is to get to level 50 or more in the darkzone by the time I'm levelled for DZ5 i.e. a few main levels before 30.

Is this a good idea? or a stupid one?

Leyasu

Banned
Yours is way more balanced. 10K skills is ridiculous... and worthless

I dont want to gimp one for another. My plan now is to over time eventually replace armour bits that up my stats, plus that allow for mods. With incursions, expansions, newly added kit (it will come), grinding
plus the inevitable rank raising
, I think it is easily achievable.

FeD.nL

So on the stream they really make it seem that the droprate of HE items in the higher DZ areas is really significantly increased.

About to see a lot of Rogues to chase that HE M1A.

edit: New blueprints coming soon

robo

I take it he is still a boss to kill for those not yet 30 but will only be there the one time for a drop?

Or is he gone from the game?

noomi

Black Market AK-47. Blueprint from special vendor.

Nice, thanks. Will probably pick this one up after work in that case.

I'm currently using the Cadeceus in my secondary slot, but I can't enable the talents since my electronics skill is too low, so this might be a better fit :)

Dot50Cal

Banned
I just hit 25 last night. I just read up on the Bullet King deal..kind of really sucks hard to know I'll be going in DZ with ultra geared out folks who can breathe on me and I'll die. Bad way to fix the problem imo.

noomi

I wonder if the dailies and daily challenge will reset after the patch....

*edit*

also... is the crafted Black Market AK a ilvl 31 item?

I wonder if the dailies and daily challenge will reset after the patch....

*edit*

also... is the crafted Black Market AK a ilvl 31 item?

Challenging is still Power Plant, I never checked what the Hards were previously so can't say if they are the same but they are Grand Central Station and Lexington.

Yes the AK is Level 31.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom