• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, I just went on a fucking adventure in this game! I was running Warrengate Challenge Mode (for those sweet daily Phoenix credits) with 3 randoms and we kept dying but making slow progress and then 2 of them quit near the end after we were about 2 hours in, and 2 new guys showed up and helped us with proper tactics and crowd control and we beat it and it was so much fun, you guys! Like, seriously, for real, no joke, this is the best multiplayer experience ever!

What's a good baseline for trying CM? I'm at 120/60/10 and it felt like I was shooting blanks at them and was dying in one hit. Is this too low or do I have a serious case of the git guds?

Fun game but I really don't know what I'm grinding for anymore, just harder story missions? Plus once you've cleared the BoO stuff this beautifully crafted world turns into a series of pointless snowy corridors. I suppose there's the DZ.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
What's a good baseline for trying CM? I'm at 120/60/10 and it felt like I was shooting blanks at them and was dying in one hit. Is this too low or do I have a serious case of the git guds?

Fun game but I really don't know what I'm grinding for anymore, just harder story missions? Plus once you've cleared the BoO stuff this beautifully crafted world turns into a series of pointless snowy corridors.

Those numbers are fine for CM in general, but as someone else said, the DPS stat is extremely misleading. % damage to enemy armor, + damage to elites, crit chance, crit damage, etc all make a huge difference and are not accurately captured by the stupid DPS stat.

noomi

OMG, I just went on a fucking adventure in this game! I was running Warrengate Challenge Mode (for those sweet daily Phoenix credits) with 3 randoms and we kept dying but making slow progress and then 2 of them quit near the end after we were about 2 hours in, and 2 new guys showed up and helped us with proper tactics and crowd control and we beat it and it was so much fun, you guys! Like, seriously, for real, no joke, this is the best multiplayer experience ever!

Good teammate is like 80% of the battle, congrats!

I think I have a pretty decent build considering I've no HEs yet:

mWBiubg.jpg

What ya guys think?

Quoting cause it was at the bottom of the page '-'

also another nice place in the game:

bj66S4h.jpg

Those numbers are fine for CM in general, but as someone else said, the DPS stat is extremely misleading. % damage to enemy armor, + damage to elites, crit chance, crit damage, etc all make a huge difference and are not accurately captured by the stupid DPS stat.

Doesn't damage to elites only affect named bosses?

lt519

I always see the trinity of numbers thrown around for CM requirements but we did it with much lower stats than those but had stacked things such as damage to elites, protection from elites, damage to enemy armor, high armor ratings, etc. Then just played really smart.

Those numbers are really hard to get to without any HE gear which I wouldn't expect anyone first going for Challenge mode to have (unless they did BK). Nobody in our group had more than one piece of HE gear (and 3 of them were the vector) .

Doesn't damage to elites only affect named bosses?

Any yellow enemy. There are talents that actually say 11% increased damage to elites and named enemies.

Those "numbers" are good but you may be neglecting important stats that aren't accurately reflected as stated previously. We had guys at 50k health but their armor damage negation was near 60% on top of other perks.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

Fun game but I really don't know what I'm grinding for anymore, just harder story missions? Plus once you've cleared the BoO stuff this beautifully crafted world turns into a series of pointless snowy corridors.

Similar to myself. I've been running at 120/55/15 with smart cover and pulse. You should be able to take them down within a full clip.

What weapons you running?

Deku Tree

I don't think she drops loot if you kill her more than once.

I was in a group that killed her and then wiped to adds. Killed her again and completed the mission but she didn't drop loot the second time.

This is definitely true. I was in a MM group that killed Larae last night and I collected my loot and then adds spawned right on top of us and all of a sudden we wiped. And then we had to kill Larae again but when she died the second time she only drops regular credits and nothing else.

Iceman829

2 questions since I'm stuck at work and can't play.

1. Has anyone purchased the Super 90 blueprint at the BoO. If so how do you like it?

2. Did they fix the issue with crafting the backpack and knee pad blueprints?

lt519

2 questions since I'm stuck at work and can't play.

1. Has anyone purchased the Super 90 blueprint at the BoO. If so how do you like it?

2. Did they fix the issue with crafting the backpack and knee pad blueprints?

What is issue #2? I was going to do some of that today.

Korosenai

Does the damage you gain from gear only increase your sidearm dps or your overall dps?

Edit: also the discord link in the op doesn't work

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So the purple drops seem to be much better now. Everything is much higher in armor ratings for myself.

Non-named enemy spawn rate in the DZ appears to have been boosted a lot. Unrelenting at times. In a good way.

Can't wait to get in the DZ. The other night we got ambushed by 3 sides and had to retreat as we were being flanked. Really fun but felt rate so hopefully the new spawn rate does more things like that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4b1oqg/be_careful_crafting_highend_gear_it_can_cause/

People have been avoiding crafting items. I crafted a backpack, but avoided the kneepads until I knew it was safe

I've been ok with mine. I got the Operator Pads and Spec-ops pack both from the blueprints, haven't had any problems.

Deku Tree

Yeah once you hit lvl 30 the exp bar fills up one more time and then it stays full forever. They should instead make the exp bar disappear once you hit 30. It's a useless bar running across the top of your screen at that point.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Non-named enemy spawn rate in the DZ appears to have been boosted a lot. Unrelenting at times. In a good way.

I actually thought that was the case this morning, but wasn't sure bc I didn't see it in the notes. I was fighting about 10 guys at once right outside the checkpoint. I almost died, but 2 guys came and helped me out. Once all the enemies were dead, I turned and killed both of my helpers.

No witnesses in the DZ.

What is the best way to farm electronic crafting material? If i run the level 4 alt system am I able to buy gear mods to deconstruct on my main?

Yeah once you hit lvl 30 the exp bar fills up one more time and then it stays full forever. They should instead make the exp bar disappear once you hit 30. It's a useless bar running across the top of your screen at that point.

They should let you fill it up and every time you do you get 10 phoenix credits

Saddens me how many of you want the DZ to become just a glorified PvE space.

Before patch I wouldn't feel scared when running across other agents.

Now I do.

The issue is that the PvE space is a barren wasteland once you complete the story missions and all the side stuff.

So those that don't like the PvP aspect of the DZ are left with nothing but dailies to do.

Matt Frost

So... How much xp do you lose now dying in DZ? Mid 40s, I used to lose 9k as a non-Rogue..

I tried the new DZ this evening and killed a lot of players (in a group of 4)... died around 4 or 5 times (killed way more xD) and didnt lose even a level, only 1/3 of a level. New rules are awesome... let the carnage begin :D

theWB27

Ok sounds like it could be a good night then.

I've not run that many, but a mob like that clean up in DZ06. That sounds like some good stuff.

That's where we were hanging too. So much fun. They were a mob and they haze me a bit until I followed and they let me in : )

spyder_ur

They should let you fill it up and every time you do you get 10 phoenix credits

I wouldn't even care if it was 1 - would be fine by me. But if there's really no point of EXP past 30, it shouldn't display.

I actually thought that was the case this morning, but wasn't sure bc I didn't see it in the notes. I was fighting about 10 guys at once right outside the checkpoint. I almost died, but 2 guys came and helped me out. Once all the enemies were dead, I turned and killed both of my helpers.

No witnesses in the DZ.

Glad to hear that. Sounds like a couple hours should be able to get me from 48 to 51 and I can stop with the annoying dropping down a level and then grinding back.

The issue is that the PvE space is a barren wasteland once you complete the story missions and all the side stuff.

So those that don't like the PvP aspect of the DZ are left with nothing but dailies to do.

Yeah, if the game had actual standard PvP like it should, the changes wouldn't have been as necessary, and the Dark Zone would've been a cool hybrid. I'd actually really like this because since DZ PvP battles happen so infrequently, I don't really have any strategy or skill to practice; I just shoot at the guy as fast as I can.

I feel like the division tech requirement for HE items is just too damn much. It's farmed way too much. I never see the chests. I don't know how you can get any at all.....

Anywho, how are people modding their muzzles for the vector? I'm trying to decide of crit chance is worth a loss in stability.

UwpY16h.jpg

Hit level 30 last night. How do I go about getting my first piece of HE gear? Do dailys or DZ? Currently just doing encounters to upgrade the BoO. Thanks :D

Matt Frost

What is the best way to farm electronic crafting material? If i run the level 4 alt system am I able to buy gear mods to deconstruct on my main?

Deconstruct everything from the DZ is a great way, also buy and dismantle the things you can put in gear slots, also works well. I need a level 4 alt to check that..

Buy the blueprint for the high-end Vector, then the high-end extended mag blueprint.
Thank you for this. I was super skeptical, seeing very low accuracy/stability ratings compared to my current purple gun, but I took the leap and crafted both. Even without activating all of the abilities on the Vector, it's still a complete beast. Holy hell!

For a few days, I was like, "Holy shit, why can I not get this one sliver of XP needed for level 31?!"

Then I remembered.

Liamario

Banned
Played 4 hours today. Post patch. Not a single high end of any kind. I think I'm done with the game.
Even if I had picked some up, there's no incentive to continue playing it. High end drops are far too infrequent and killing lvl 31-32 enemies isn't fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom