• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Frost

Yeah once you hit lvl 30 the exp bar fills up one more time and then it stays full forever. They should instead make the exp bar disappear once you hit 30. It's a useless bar running across the top of your screen at that point.

Or give something like in Destiny, where they give motes of light... that would be more useful

noomi

I feel like the division tech requirement for HE items is just too damn much. It's farmed way too much. I never see the chests. I don't know how you can get any at all.....

Anywho, how are people modding their muzzles for the vector? I'm trying to decide of crit chance is worth a loss in stability.

UwpY16h.jpg

Is that a skin? Cause that's a sexy skin.

Sullichin

Really want a HE Marksman's rifle.. what are my best chances for a HE M1A drop?

Guess I can buy the superior version from the BOO for now. Worth it?

Seriously where do you find gun skins? I've not come across a single one in over 25+ hours

I've bought most of mine from the appearance vendor in BOO

Played 4 hours today. Post patch. Not a single high end of any kind. I think I'm done with the game.
Even if I had picked some up, there's no incentive to continue playing it. High end drops are far too infrequent and killing lvl 31-32 enemies isn't fun.

True true, I will try tonight with my friend but it is getting frustrating loot wise in the DZ.

Mullah88

Seriously where do you find gun skins? I've not come across a single one in over 25+ hours
But them from BoO it refreshes. I even log in via remote play to grab them when I'm not home

The bosses drop appearance mods with firearm or stamina symbols but when equipped, it does nothing ???

vctor182

So they can quickly nerf credits and the bullet king cheese but they can't fix something that it is really gamebreaking like the Paul Rhodes glitch. I still don't have anything upgraded from the Tech Wing

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I really hope they add some DZ type enemies, chests and more to the PvE area.

I am just not interested in the DZ and its griefing.
Someone said it before, but it would be nice if there were PvE areas with high level enemies where you could just join up with like 10 other guys to take down a level 33-34 boss or something.

Why is every one going rogue now?
They've broken Dark Zone for me now. It's just high end groups of 4 running around rogue trolling low level solo players in DZ01. The amount of XP, loot, keys I've lost is ridiculous. Makes it completely pointless going into DZ as a solo player.

BondFancy

Fuck the new DZ it's just a bunch of griefers chasing down solo players so they can't extract.
They've broken Dark Zone for me now. It's just high end groups of 4 running around rogue trolling low level solo players in DZ01. The amount of XP, loot, keys I've lost is ridiculous. Makes it completely pointless going into DZ as a solo player.
Glad I'm not the only one. They need to have a solo player server so it's a free for all.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Well fuck and I was planning on heading in solo today to up my rank in there (only lvl 12 outside the DZ).

Yikes...about to buy this game finally today and I don't like this idea....

You can matchmake in game for the dark zone areas if you are having issues.

The game allows you to enter the DZ solo, so you should be able to do it solo. But it doesn't and that is plain dumb. The game shouldn't allow solo players if it is impossible to explore the DZ alone.

We don't need the poopsockers and nolifers ruining a major part of the game for people who just want to explore and enjoy it.

catspit

Yeah it just seems to be a mess. Anyone SHOULD be able to solo the Dark Zone if they wish to, the option is there but the game just doesn't allow it.

What a mess in my opinion.

It was like this during the beta.. Dangerous area. / fun in groups. People are just excited about the change.. It will die down and ppl will leave solo players alone eventually

Dabanton

This new dark zone does not sound like any fun at all

I'm Level 09 and level 05 Dark Zone need to up my levels today. I haven't really had as much time as I wanted to delve into this game.

catspit

Yikes...about to buy this game finally today and I don't like this idea....

Honestly. If you liked the dark zone during the beta then it will be more similar. They did not have it tuned correctly and it was rare that groups went rogue in the higher areas because of the massive penalty.

Well fuck and I was planning on heading in solo today to up my rank in there (only lvl 12 outside the DZ).

Then you'll be relatively fine. The DZ is bracketed by Levels. You'd be in the 1-14 bracket, so you won't be facing Level 30 High End equipped groups. You might face some well geared Level 14's though.

Yeah i dont even wanna fuck with it as it currently is. I'm not a kid (unfortunately) and i dont have time to usually group of with my buddies on a daily basis for the DZ so i'll be hitting dailies and waiting for more content. I'll run hards too for consumable loot to make blueprints and just wait for rank 50 DZ blueprints... that i really dont "need" anyway.

Awesome timing that Trackmania Turbo is out today on PS4 in NA lol

I don't understand why it should even be allowed for Level 30 HE players to kill Level 10 players coming into the Dark Zone for the first time,

That isn't fun, that's just poor gameplay balancing.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Penalty was reduced and reward was increased so it is better to go rogue than not.

This is exactly why I spent time grinding DZ before the patch. I figured it'd become more of a warzone after, which is how I prefer it generally (But only once I reach 50!).

Audioboxer

Just maxed out main base, phew. What are the dark zone versions of fabric and parts all about? Do you need them for dark zone plans or something? Not even sure what Division tech is lol.

Yeah i dont even wanna fuck with it as it currently is. I'm not a kid (unfortunately) and i dont have time to usually group of with my buddies on a daily basis for the DZ so i'll be hitting dailies and waiting for more content. I'll run hards too for consumable loot to make blueprints and just wait for rank 50 DZ blueprints... that i really dont "need" anyway.

Awesome timing that Trackmania Turbo is out today on PS4 in NA lol

There is matchmaking for DZ though.... sure it's not your buddies but still better then going in alone right?

I'd give it a few days to a week for players to get that PvP urge out of their system before running around claiming the sky is falling. If it doesn't level off, then there's reason to feel the adjustment may have been too much.

I don't understand why it should even be allowed for Level 30 HE players to kill Level 10 players coming into the Dark Zone for the first time,

They can't. They have an entirely different Dark Zone.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Not sure if you are serious or not, but that's not even possible. Level 30s only fight other level 30s. DZ is separated by level brackets.

Just maxed out main base, phew. What are the dark zone versions of fabric and parts all about? Do you need them for dark zone plans or something? Not even sure what Division tech is lol.

they let you convert division tech to fabric which is a total waste. You need division tech to create HE bp that you can buy at DZ rank 50 (Chest, glove and some other mods iirc)

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. STOP GOING INTO THE DARK ZONE SOLO. USE MATCHMAKING! It's there for a reason....

Seriously if you go into the DZ solo you are going to have a bad time. Regardless of the changes from todays patch. The DZ is not supposed to be some casual walk in the park. It's basically every man or team for himself/themselves.

I'd give it a few days to a week for players to get that PvP urge out of their system before running around claiming the sky is falling. If it doesn't level off, then there's reason to feel the adjustment may have been too much.

They can't. They have an entirely different Dark Zone.

Not sure if you are serious or not, but that's not even possible. Level 30s only fight other level 30s. DZ is separated by level brackets.

Thats not how it works.

I am serious because I have never done it. I guess that is good? So the issues are high end specialized players taking on who?

I am serious because I have never done it. I guess that is good? So the issues are high end specialized players taking on who?

Level 30s are only in the same instance as other level 30s. So there is no issue from that standpoint. The only issue is people that dont want to pvp are forced to pvp if they go to the pvp zone (DZ) which is > 50% of the end game

Level 30s are only in the same instance as other level 30s. So there is no issue from that standpoint. The only issue is people that dont want to pvp are forced to pvp if they go to the pvp zone (DZ) which is > 50% of the end game

That still isn't great, since a Level 30 with blues and purples will still get matched with a Level 30 with all HE gear no?

There is matchmaking for DZ though.... sure it's not your buddies but still better then going in alone right?

I've had to kill a few groups who tried to troll me and kick me... mistake on them as i'm decently equiped/leveled lol... yeah ive also had great matchmaking experiences but its rogue nation right now and i just dont want to deal with every person attacking you as soon as they see you.

ChrisW

Just bought myself a first wave purple m1a and it's a beast, I upped the crit chance and the ability is great it reaches max accuracy much faster too, 14,4K DMG :D

Other Level 30's.

Brackets are:

1-14
15-19
20-24
25-29

Solo Level 30 players in the Dark Zone are being targeted by full groups of Level 30 players. Some of those groups are geared better than the solo players. It's exactly what used to happen before as well. The difference is now, the groups will lose less XP and DZ Credits if/when they get killed.. so people are more willing to do it.

Navy Bean

Plus, being level 30 means nothing in terms of player strength. There are massive differences in dps/health between players. So it's an unbalanced mess, which I guess could be fun if you're on the right side of that equation.

Karu

The game allows you to enter the DZ solo, so you should be able to do it solo. But it doesn't and that is plain dumb. The game shouldn't allow solo players if it is impossible to explore the DZ alone.

We don't need the poopsockers and nolifers ruining a major part of the game for people who just want to explore and enjoy it.
Nah, that's the point of the DZ. Extremely dangerous, best explored in groups. Killing others if you feel like it, having to live with possible consequenes. Could the general balance of risk/reward be better? Yes. But the concept of the DZ as is, is fine in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom