• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That still isn't great, since a Level 30 with blues and purples will still get matched with a Level 30 with all HE gear no?

Yes, it's not so fair in that regard. A newly fresh level 30 has almost no chance against my guy as he now stands. That said, DZ isn't the best place to get gear at anyway, as running PvE content is. I personally wouldn't go into the DZ solo until I had some solid gear, not only because of rogue battles, but because you want to be able to survive the PvE encounters. I know we talk about not making DZ fun for solo players, but the solo players still have to deal with groups of elite mobs, including named bosses. I don't think a fresh 30 wearing blues and purples can handle that on a consistent basis, tbh.

-Goes into PvP area
-Does not want to engage in PvP
-mfw

readImage

DasTanK

Everyone now complaining about PvP in the darkzone are like the dayz crybabies complaining about PvP. It's part of the game.

That still isn't great, since a Level 30 with blues and purples will still get matched with a Level 30 with all HE gear no?

It doesnt really matter as most people wont be killing other agents 1 on 1 you will either get rolled by a group of 4 rogues or you will be in a group rolling people.

Yes, it's not so fair in that regard. A newly fresh level 30 has almost no chance against my guy as he now stands. That said, DZ isn't the best place to get gear at anyway, as running PvE content is. I personally wouldn't go into the DZ solo until I had some solid gear, not only because of rogue battles, but because you want to be able to survive the PvE encounters. I know we talk about not making DZ fun for solo players, but the solo players still have to deal with groups of elite mobs, including named bosses. I don't think a fresh 30 wearing blues and purples can handle that on a consistent basis, tbh.

Totally.

I guess I can see where the people who are complaining about the DZ are coming from. It seems to me though, that most of the people complaining are consistently trying to do the DZ while solo. That cannot be a coincidence.

BraXzy

-Goes into PvP area
-mfw

readImage

It's so daft, there was tonnes of that when people complained about the rogue penalty being too high. People said you shouldnt go rogue in the first place.

Those same people complained the zone is too stale with no one engaging xD

I fully understand the Dark Zone idea, but it just doesn't feel like something that is properly balanced.

The game should restrict solo play in the DZ if it is that impossible and difficult to go alone. I just wan't to explore this massive part of the map that I feel I never will because I just want to play solo at my own pace and explore all the nook and crannies.

Oh well

spyder_ur

-Goes into PvP area
-mfw

readImage

To be fair it's not really a PvP area as it has stood until now - I mean the single player portion of the game even directs you to go in there.

The Dark Zone should be a hybrid zone IMO - unfortunately this is a balancing nightmare. You could see it in the Beta and you can see it now.

Dedicated PvP modes would go a long way.

DasTanK

I fully understand the Dark Zone idea, but it just doesn't feel like something that is properly balanced.

The game should restrict solo play in the DZ if it is that impossible and difficult to go alone. I just wan't to explore this massive part of the map that I feel I never will because I just want to play solo at my own pace and explore all the nook and crannies.

Oh well

You should explore the dark zone because of zones 5 and 6, which are some of the coolest looking areas. You can run it solo but you should do so cautiously and with some decent gear. I would avoid groups of other players. Unless you like interacting with others , which still can be done if you approach carefully. Hopefully you run into a decent group who will help clear and if you don't you know to avoid them/switch servers.

To be fair it's not really a PvP area as it has stood until now - I mean the single player portion of the game even directs you to go in there.

The Dark Zone should be a hybrid zone IMO - unfortunately this is a balancing nightmare. You could see it in the Beta and you can see it now.

Dedicated PvP modes would go a long way.

Exactly, at no point does it even mention the term PvP yet everyone uses it so loosely.

And yeah, the mission to go to the Dark Zone is given to you via the regular part of the map to go there. So for someone playing solo it just seems like another place to go.

I would be fine with a reduction in chests/drops/etc. for an area that isn't filled with griefers and assholes. None of that is good gameplay and I am surprised they made a whole chunk of the map out of this idea that causes nothing but issues. Just look at the assholes blocking doorways (yes I know you can get through it) and such for no reason but to be a jerk. Not to mention these HE players likely get nothing worthwhile from killing solo players other than to be a jerk.

It just seems like the endgame is better for those who want to do Dark Zone stuff than those that wan't to stick to the regular area who are stuck doing dailies which is like 1 hour a day.

OH NOOOOOOOOOO.....

This just happened: Running down the street to my waypoint that's across the city. Run past one of those proximity bomb traps and hear it beeping but I keep on running' cause I'm already booking it. It explodes like they always do but I'm far away. I hear a sound I have not heard before. A sound that I will never forget. I heard this horrible rapid fire whine. I stopped. I thought oh hell no. Please don't tell me that actually happened. It. Did.

IT SET ONE OF THE AMBIENT DOGS ON FIRE AND KILLED IT. Fuck the dollar flu, this is the saddest thing that's happened to me in this game.

OH NOOOOOOOOOO.....

This just happened: Running down the street to my waypoint that's across the city. Run past one of those proximity bomb traps and hear it beeping but I keep on running' cause I'm already booking it. It explodes like they always do but I'm far away. I hear a sound I have not heard before. A sound that I will never forget. I heard this horrible rapid fire whine. I stopped. I thought oh hell no. Please don't tell me that actually happened. It. Did.

IT SET ONE OF THE AMBIENT DOGS ON FIRE AND KILLED IT. Fuck the dollar flu, this is the saddest thing that's happened to me in this game.

Well hot dog!

OH NOOOOOOOOOO.....

gawd damn. RIP

y u do dis Massive

Matush

Can you craft Firearm Vest (bought from DZ with PC) with 2 or 3 mod slots?

Also is there any way to convert Blue/Green Div Tech to HE? If not, then oh boy...

Nighte

It's so hard not to though lol.

One example is if you get accuracy on your gear....it doesnt really give you more actual dps, but your dps numbers increase a lot as the system think you will hit with more bullets than normal.... :)

I could probably get past 200k dps if I just focused on stats and not actual gameplay.
Wouldnt mean things would die faster tho :p

Does the DPS stat assume every shot is a headshot?

Built a HE magazine with like 17% bonus damage, and its apparently worse than the magazine with 20% bonus headshot damage.

BondFancy

They really need to add gear tiers for the dark zone. Similar to how Destiny has light levels. If you are level 30 it should be split into 2 tiers High-End and Legendary. Or as I suggested earlier add a solo free for all server that doesn't allow groups. I understand that they have built in matchmaking, however I prefer to lone wolf and defeat named bosses by myself. I have no problem with the PVP aspect it was fun in the lower dark zone tiers because everyone would trade blows, win some lose some. With the new DZ meta I took my purple smg with 100k dps shot the guy in the head and did about a smidge of damage then the team killed me in one shot. I don't even care about the gear I'm just trying to level up to DZ 50 (currently 28). Only good news is that at least while I'm getting my ass kicked the reduced exp loss means I'm making level progress albeit very slowly.

Does the DPS stat assume every shot is a headshot?

Built a HE magazine with like 17% bonus damage, and its apparently worse than the magazine with 20% bonus headshot damage.

I think so, I have no idea how it calculates, Like accuracy is 10x the DPS as crit damage even though I have 60% crit chance.

Kadin

High end gear is not hard to get. I hit 30 and literally 3 hours later I am down to just one purple gun and one purple armor (holster)

Edit: just doing pve content
How exactly did you get all but two slots filled with yellows in 3hrs? What specifically were you running in pve content?

Mob

I spent an hour or so in the DZ solo today to get the last named kills for the trophy and it was great.

Two rogue agents had a go at me, downed one and his buddy ran, all other agents I encountered were helpful but everyone seemed a bit more wary than the other times I've been in the DZ.

Killed 7 named elites between DZ01 & DZ05, successfully extracted 3 times & had 1 death when a new group of NPC's flanked me when I was already engaged with a big group.

Fun times!

It was like this during the beta.. Dangerous area. / fun in groups. People are just excited about the change.. It will die down and ppl will leave solo players alone eventually

It was like this during the beta because the dark zone was only two zones as opposed to six in the full game with the same 24 player limit.

Audioboxer

Grrr first experience in DZ since patch (was maxing my base earlier) and I get gunned in the back at extraction. Fight me face on cowards! Ran back and killed the guy but got downed by enemies as in his haste to run he aggroed tons of packs I couldn't deal with solo. Just want to try and hit DZ 30. 23 just now.

Still got fuck all HE gear, been level 30 for at least 20 hours now.

Only the Cadaceus, Damascus and Scope/Mag on primary and secondary weapons. Bought that purple First Wave M1A though, its great.

Need to make another attempt at the Challenge daily soon, the northern parts of the DZ are too dangerous for me to go alone.

I got to 30 yesterday and I'm starting to wonder if I'm pretty much done with this game. I can do daily missions and go to the dark zone for better gear but what's the point? Also, I wish there was more stuff to do in the dark zone besides just run around and kill random enemies.

darkwing

I got to 30 yesterday and I'm starting to wonder if I'm pretty much done with this game. I can do daily missions and go to the dark zone for better gear but what's the point? Also, I wish there was more stuff to do in the dark zone besides just run around and kill random enemies.

you can try being a rogue , it's a loot game though, so basically the end game is chasing that

OH NOOOOOOOOOO.....

LOL I did this too and the sound was indeed horrifying hahaha

Audioboxer

If only I could get a crown in-game :'(

They should add some sort of wearable badge of honour for hunting rogues, or I guess for showing your skills with as being a rogue. Guess at least in the honourable roll it might ease peoples fears if they can see you are a rogue hunter. The rogues badge of honour is really the skull marker I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom