• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzyset

Does the DPS stat assume every shot is a headshot?

Built a HE magazine with like 17% bonus damage, and its apparently worse than the magazine with 20% bonus headshot damage.

The game uses the accuracy stat as a proxy for how often you actually headshot. Headshots have a very large built in modifier. If you're adding the mag to an "accurate" gun, the game assumes most shots are headshots so it'll make the DPS stat go up more.

Audioboxer

I get that but it just seems like I'm getting all this loot for no real purpose.

Existential loot game crisis XD

the clothes are all horrible though, there are like 5 jackets and 4 hats and you cant even see the shirt or scarf if you are wearing a coat :(

Yeah they need more classy stuff. I understand it is winter, but we need to look smart. Rolling with soft leather jacket, white shirt, jeans and shoes just now.

One example is if you get accuracy on your gear....it doesnt really give you more actual dps, but your dps numbers increase a lot as the system think you will hit with more bullets than normal.... :)

I could probably get past 200k dps if I just focused on stats and not actual gameplay.
Wouldnt mean things would die faster tho :p

Has this been posted?

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4ayt69/gun_stats_explained_stability_horizontal/

Pretty good breakdown of what each of those stats mean.

Accuracy, reduces the spread of the gun, creating a tighter circle. It's useful but I'd take stability over accuracy depending on the gun

theWB27

Idk.. I ranked up pretty good going mostly solo in the DZ. I think I got into the teens before I ran with people.

With that said, I didn't run into many rogues at all.

I will say a great way to level up is to hang around extractions and help them extract whether you have anything or not.

Even if your gear is low you're still getting xp from the stronger people killing the baddies. And some decent things can drop. If not, you're still ranking up.

After you help I've noticed people will let you run with them. If not, so be it. Go to another extraction and keep up until you get stuff.

Audioboxer

Has this been posted?

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4ayt69/gun_stats_explained_stability_horizontal/

Accuracy, reduces the spread of the gun, creating a tighter circle. It's useful but I'd take stability over accuracy depending on the gun

Yeah I've sacrificed the DPS counter for accuracy and stability mods on my AR/SMG. I find it easier when I don't have to worry as much about recoil/kick back.

Idk.. I ranked up pretty good going mostly solo in the DZ. I think I got into the teens before I ran with people.

With that said, I didn't run into many rogues at all.

I will say a great way to level up is to hang around extractions and help them extract whether you have anything or not.

Even if your gear is low you're still getting xp from the stronger people killing the baddies. And some decent things can drop. If not, you're still ranking up.

After you help I've noticed people will let you run with them. If not, so be it. Go to another extraction and keep up until you get stuff.

Everyone is on edge, so even if you help right now the paranoia gets to people thinking you're tricking them till they let their guard down.

Kazuhira

If they go rogue first :)

So,you can't fight against another party just for fun? Like a competition and nothing else,kinda weird they didn't include something like a battle arena.
I have 6 six friends who own the game and we wanted to do a 3 vs 3 fight without the consequences of going rogue or dropping our loot.

Audioboxer

So,you can't fight against another party just for fun? Like a competition and nothing else,kinda weird they didn't include something like a battle arena.
I have 6 six friends who own the game and we wanted to do a 3 vs 3 fight without the consequences of going rogue or dropping our loot.

This should be some sort of DLC, a battle arena. Even if they want to tie it into "humane lore" they can say something loose like all bullets in the arena are rubber and it's for the best agents to test their skill? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Or just implement it for the only genuine reason, fun consenting PVP (solo/team PVP) without the need for realism lore fluff.

Knowing Ubi, they'll keep expanded MP functionality for The Division 2...

theWB27

Yeah I've sacrificed the DPS counter for accuracy and stability mods on my AR/SMG. I find it easier when I don't have to worry as much about recoil/kick back.

Everyone is on edge, so even if you help right now the paranoia gets to people thinking you're tricking them till they let their guard down.

I understand that...but you'll gain more than you lose if you're able to help in a gunfight. They might kill you after, but you'll still rank.

With that said. My build is so weird. It's like everything I'm getting is tunneling me to a certain build. And it's a health build.

45kdps 80k health and like 10kskill.

My weapon drops have been dismal.

Arrrammis

I kind of wish that there was an area with high level enemies that gave good loot, like the dark zone, but without the rogue agent aspect. I get it, PvP is awesome, the problem is that I have to deal with people who got all the best gear in the game on say 1 and now have nothing to do except run around in gank squads, halting the progress of players who are trying to get good loot. You can get some high end gear from challenge mode, but it's all lvl. 30. Plus, the same missions get tiresome when you do them for the 20th time. I just want an area with high level enemies, where you can explore and get rewarded for your endeavors and NOT get randomly killed by some random full group who comes up behind you as you're fighting a mob of NPC's.

A "light zone" would be awesome. As is, you're forced into PvP in order to get the top tier loot. I was afraid of this happening when they were previewing stuff, but then they said that gear you get in PvE is just as good as what you can get in the dark zone, and that is absolutely not true in the current game. Every single top tier weapon you can get in PvE is completely outclassed by some blueprint you can get at rank 50 in the dz. I hope that the incursions are worth it.

Rant over, give us some top tier PvE loot.

fuzzyset

Guys, is there any point in having a tech heavy build?

I only fooled around with it in DZ, but the ballistic shield scales linearly with Skill power. It's not too hard to get your shield to over 200k health. With the right talents, it makes you very tanky for solo DZ.

I understand that...but you'll gain more than you lose if you're able to help in a gunfight. They might kill you after, but you'll still rank.

With that said. My build is so weird. It's like everything I'm getting is tunneling me to a certain build. And it's a health build.

45kdps 80k health and like 10kskill.

My weapon drops have been dismal.

Make sure to grab the FW M1A from the Advanced Weapons vendor if you haven't.

Nighte

Has this been posted?

Yeah ive also seen another equally detailed guide. If your playstyle is up close or burst shooting a lot then accuracy is kinda pointless. Basically your playstyle and thinking through what stats you need beats the dps stat shown in game.

Audioboxer

I kind of wish that there was an area with high level enemies that gave good loot, like the dark zone, but without the rogue agent aspect. I get it, PvP is awesome, the problem is that I have to deal with people who got all the best gear in the game on say 1 and now have nothing to do except run around in gank squads, halting the progress of players who are trying to get good loot. You can get some high end gear from challenge mode, but it's all lvl. 30. Plus, the same missions get tiresome when you do them for the 20th time. I just want an area with high level enemies, where you can explore and get rewarded for your endeavors and NOT get randomly killed by some random full group who comes up behind you as you're fighting a mob of NPC's.

A "light zone" would be awesome. As is, you're forced into PvP in order to get the top tier loot. I was afraid of this happening when they were previewing stuff, but then they said that gear you get in PvE is just as good as what you can get in the dark zone, and that is absolutely not true in the current game. Every single top tier weapon you can get in PvE is completely outclassed by some blueprint you can get at rank 50 in the dz. I hope that the incursions are worth it.

We need a Blue Sentinels ring, to summon fellow rogue hunters to our aid when we get attacked.

Cob32

Dz is miles better already. Just had 4 guys kill me and take a yellow holster. Came back and killed all 4 whilst they were engaging some NPCs.

I've done every single mission in Chelsea but I still don't have any collectables showing up on my map even though I'm missing 11 of them. Any idea what a potential fix might be?
Also, do I need to do the extra Tech, Security, and Medical events dotted around my map? I've maxed out my base of operations but still have three or four of them sitting at the upper right hand of my map (none in Chelsea, nothin gin Chelsea actually)

duhmetree

Guys, is there any point in having a tech heavy build?

Could technically one shot people with stickies...

Hang out at Extraction Zones... wait for them to extract... kill everyone with one sticky and extract their loot... ez loot

You could be THAT guy

Tawpgun

So the increased drop rates are definitely awesome. Got 2 exotics to drop in one play session (shame the mask was a huge letdown, comparable stats to my current)

More rogues too. It's not rogue city yet, but if I could make a comparisons its pretty close to the amount of rogues I saw in the beta. Not only that but me and gran ran into rogue groups in the high north DZ which was a treat.

Speaking of high north DZ.... DZ Exp needs to be adjusted hard.

I get like 190 xp for killing a lvl 30 enemy and 200 for killing a lvl 32? They need to significantly up the value for killing 32 elites.

Other than that, solid update to the DZ. My main issues with it it now are fundamental loot issues I want them to address (mainly all the best gear being acquired through farming something and buying/crafting)

Tecnniqe

Banned
Reward killing rogue:
Shaite
Reward going manhunt:
6,5k DZ$

I mean really?
Don't get me wrong MH was ez pz with 0 challenge from other players but god damn its anti-climactic.
While experience is.

DZ suck.
Give ilvl brackets and it might be fun.

Deku Tree

Yeah it must suck for new players or players who didn't farm BK for 200 hours to now to have all these 200k DPS gank squads running around the DZ when the DZ is now the main way to get the best in slot gear.

Yeah it must suck for new players or players who didn't farm BK for 200 hours to now to have all these 200k DPS gank squads running around the DZ when the DZ is now the main way to get the best in slot gear.

Feel like the only best in slot gear that comes from dz vendor is chest and gloves, rest of the BP is at the BOO PC vendor.

What's the word on the backpack bug? Am I safe to go into the DZ?

I got hit with the bug Friday/Saturday Braxxy. Essentially its an error server side where my maximum # of inventory slots don't match what I have clientside after crafting and equiping a HE backpack and other gear. Ended up logging in Saturday to a whole bunch of missing gear and guns and when i try to relog, I got stuck in an infinite Connecting screen. Have been unable to play since Saturday.

Massive says they're looking into it but there is no word when they can fix the bug and my account.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1402937-Stuck-at-Connecting-Screen-on-Startup/page32?
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1409861-Havent-been-able-to-connect-in-over-24-hours/page8?
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...ect-until-Ubisoft-addresses-data-issue/page7?
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4b1oqg/be_careful_crafting_highend_gear_it_can_cause/

Ushay

Blueprints at level 50 is more than enough incentive for me I guess

I feel like those blueprints are only for people that can put in 8 hours a day. I played in the DZ for the last 3 hours and I only have 4 legendary division techs. That's enough for 1 craft which will probably have shit rolls anyway.

Deku Tree

Does having a higher skill rating increase the damage of your turret and your sticky bomb. Or does it just reduce the cool down until you can use it again?

Iceman829

Twice now I've joined a Hard mission for the daily but the mission wouldn't start. Ugh.

Or one of those Army of Two hockey masks.

Army of Two came up during our daily runs yesterday. I love my bling bling pakhan because it reminds me of AoT. Where's my diamond covered weapons so I can pull aggro?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
The stablity on this Black Market AK-74 is nuts. I'm gonna have to change to something or make a new one.

Edit: Stability stat is around 70%. Why the fuck does it hit the ceiling in seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom