• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

oSoLucky

I kind of wish that there was an area with high level enemies that gave good loot, like the dark zone, but without the rogue agent aspect. I get it, PvP is awesome, the problem is that I have to deal with people who got all the best gear in the game on say 1 and now have nothing to do except run around in gank squads, halting the progress of players who are trying to get good loot. You can get some high end gear from challenge mode, but it's all lvl. 30. Plus, the same missions get tiresome when you do them for the 20th time. I just want an area with high level enemies, where you can explore and get rewarded for your endeavors and NOT get randomly killed by some random full group who comes up behind you as you're fighting a mob of NPC's.

A "light zone" would be awesome. As is, you're forced into PvP in order to get the top tier loot. I was afraid of this happening when they were previewing stuff, but then they said that gear you get in PvE is just as good as what you can get in the dark zone, and that is absolutely not true in the current game. Every single top tier weapon you can get in PvE is completely outclassed by some blueprint you can get at rank 50 in the dz. I hope that the incursions are worth it.

Rant over, give us some top tier PvE loot.

Have you looked at the BoO weapon blueprints? The 2 most common and arguably best weapons are there. All of the DZ06 vendor ones are pretty meh IMO.

T.O.P

Banned
When you finish a manhunt killing the rogue, discover he has 2 HE items, rush to grab them and then RUN THE FUCK OUT of the area only to realize that i only got 6 purples out of his whole bag and left back the 2 other HE

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Yergi

Neo Member
Does having a higher skill rating increase the damage of your turret and your sticky bomb. Or does it just reduce the cool down until you can use it again?

Yes it increases the damage as well as reducing the cooldown. You can see how much in the skill tooltip.

Was farming for div tech in the northern dark zone regions because there were loads of rogues in dz01 and dz02. It added a really cool layer of tensions, knowing that suit was going down just south of me while I was nimbly dashing between buildings.

This feels more like what the dark zone should be.

Also just bought the mp5 from DZ06. Need more gold tech so I can craft a few of them at once. Stoked.

Mentok

Banned
I kind of wish that there was an area with high level enemies that gave good loot, like the dark zone, but without the rogue agent aspect. I get it, PvP is awesome, the problem is that I have to deal with people who got all the best gear in the game on say 1 and now have nothing to do except run around in gank squads, halting the progress of players who are trying to get good loot. You can get some high end gear from challenge mode, but it's all lvl. 30. Plus, the same missions get tiresome when you do them for the 20th time. I just want an area with high level enemies, where you can explore and get rewarded for your endeavors and NOT get randomly killed by some random full group who comes up behind you as you're fighting a mob of NPC's.

A "light zone" would be awesome. As is, you're forced into PvP in order to get the top tier loot. I was afraid of this happening when they were previewing stuff, but then they said that gear you get in PvE is just as good as what you can get in the dark zone, and that is absolutely not true in the current game. Every single top tier weapon you can get in PvE is completely outclassed by some blueprint you can get at rank 50 in the dz. I hope that the incursions are worth it.

I agree with this rant. Or they could've made it so named enemies show up on the streets outside of the DZ after you hit level 30, and don't die off once you've killed the mobs (I know I've said it before, but what a STUPID design...I killed most before I knew they'd never spawn back).

hydruxo

When you finish a manhunt killing the rogue, discover he has 2 HE items, rush to grab them and then RUN THE FUCK OUT of the area only to realize that i only got 6 purples out of his whole bag and left back the 2 other HE

UF1vQAB.gif

Just got home and started the update, is it safe to play or is stuff still broken? I don't want to play if there's gonna be a reset or something.

theWB27

I only fooled around with it in DZ, but the ballistic shield scales linearly with Skill power. It's not too hard to get your shield to over 200k health. With the right talents, it makes you very tanky for solo DZ.

Make sure to grab the FW M1A from the Advanced Weapons vendor if you haven't.

That costs phoenix credits right? Don't have very many of this at the moment.

what? how? why did it only pick up the purples?

RIP the dream.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Black Market Ceiling Shooter 74

It's horrible when switching between that and my Vector thats stable as fuck. :(

Edit: High RPM was causing it. Changed mag setup and its better. Lost some DPS but probably better since I'll hit targets now. :p

fuzzyset

That costs phoenix credits right? Don't have very many of this at the moment.

No! Advanced Weapon vendor = the one unlocked by upgrading Security tree. On the ground floor of the base towards the back. Sells Sup and HE gear for normal credits. Stock resets daily. The FW M1A is only like 60k credits. Only for another 3hours...

Arrrammis

Does having a higher skill rating increase the damage of your turret and your sticky bomb. Or does it just reduce the cool down until you can use it again?

Both. It also increases the amount of healing that healing abilities give and the amount of health that cover mods (riot shield, smart cover, etc.) have, in addition to the cooldown reduction.

void666

Banned

I want to see every enemy in the non DZ to be replaced by level 30-32 once you hit 30.
I want to be afraid to leave the safety of my BoO.

So much space wasted. It's sad. Empty buildings, parking lots. So much attention to detail but once you've done most of the side content there's no point going back.

I want dynamic events. Gang wars. Bounties. Factions inside factions. Like rioters wearing yellow, armed with chainsaws.Things like that.

Animator

You can get a vector blueprint from pve and nothing outclasses it in the entire game. I have all the DZ blueprints and nothing in there is "outclassing" anything you get in pve. You need to get to lvl 50 dz rank if you want access to all the blueprints. That is part of the game, you are not going to avoid going into DZ and they should not change that.

Tecnniqe

Banned
when running General Assembly for possible HE drops is hard mode required? Are drop chances increased for HM?

Yes during HM you have a chance of getting HE from the bosses.

UN (GA) features 3 bosses total.

Drop chance before the recent patch was on average 1 in 250 kills.
So about every 80-90 runs you should get a HE.

Ruruja

I guess it just needs more content, getting more powerful for no other reason than to just get more powerful in this game seems kind of pointless.

I agree, the reason you get the really rare loot in MMOs is to beat dungeons/bosses that have really high DPS-checks etc.

I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and say the expansions will solve this though. I don't think running around the DZ as a rogue warrants the grind for the rare loot either, so hopefully they'll add a PvP mode (like a S&D or CTF) in the DZ at some point too.

lt519

Just crafted a yellow firearms backpack that has +5750 skill power, 9% support station healing, 9% support station duration. Perfect for my healer build for CM.

Was super excited when I read the talent "13% of firearms and stamina get added as skill power" until I realized this only amounted to like 500 skill power not 500 skill points ):

theWB27

No! Advanced Weapon vendor = the one unlocked by upgrading Security tree. On the ground floor of the base towards the back. Sells Sup and HE gear for normal credits. Stock resets daily. The FW M1A is only like 60k credits. Only for another 3hours...

Forgot about him. I'll go see what's up on a bit. Thanks.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I thought my old M1A was pretty awesome, but the one this vendor is selling increased my DPS by 30k. Not really sure how, tbh.

Iceman829

Sounds like I'll need to do some crafting this weekend to get all my gear the way I want it. I was too busy getting whopper to do anything besides craft 1 item and run back to the drive thru. Good thing I broke just about everything down from the BK. Crafting for days!

lt519

I thought my old M1A was pretty awesome, but the one this vendor is selling increased my DPS by 30k. Not really sure how, tbh.

My DPS actually goes down with it, got a sweet SOCOM M1A in the DZ that already had balance and then has that missing segments damage multiplier.

quest

Not Banned from OT

I completely agree the game is very bad PVE right now. The only worth while PVE is the 2 hard dailies unless you are lucky enough to have a great crew to do CM. It is a shame it is such a great game but who ever did the PVE end game must of never played a loot based game. They could turn the whole map non darkzone in to a PVE light zone loaded with lots of 30-32 enemies who could drop HE items. They could add a difficulty between hard and CM that had a chance at a HE item and farmable for 10 PC each time. I want to play more of the game but can't do CMs don't want to get ganked in the darkzone over and over. So that leaves 50 minutes a day to do the hard dailies. I will never see a HE drop in the current system and that is BS.

lt519

I completely agree the game is very bad PVE right now. The only worth while PVE is the 2 hard dailies unless you are lucky enough to have a great crew to do CM. It is a shame it is such a great game but who ever did the PVE end game must of never played a loot based game. They could turn the whole map non darkzone in to a PVE light zone loaded with lots of 30-32 enemies who could drop HE items. They could add a difficulty between hard and CM that had a chance at a HE item and farmable for 10 PC each time. I want to play more of the game but can't do CMs don't want to get ganked in the darkzone over and over. So that leaves 50 minutes a day to do the hard dailies. I will never see a HE drop in the current system and that is BS.

I agree with a lot of this but you can get HE drops in Hard Mode dailies, my group averages probably 1-2 a day. We all have somewhere around +60% scavenging. I got some knee pads this morning. Not a huge DZ fan playing it solo. It's just not built to be played by yourself and I'm not talking the rogues being bullies, just the PvE in it isn't interesting solo.

The Dark Zone now is a lot of fun.

Rogues everywhere today. Was fighting a named with some other guy and hit him with a sniper round in the crossfire. I went rogue and he started rushing at me so I lit him up some more, thinking, "hey why not its not a bad penalty anymore." I run by him later "You didn't have to keep shooting me, I wasn't going to shoot you." Then don't charge me when I'm rogue!

Toki767

I'm kind of convinced that the people in charge of The Division don't actually think to themselves "Would I want to play it this way?" when they make knee jerk reaction patches like lowering PC drops to 1-3 rather than like 5-7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom