• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm kind of convinced that the people in charge of The Division don't actually think to themselves "Would I want to play it this way?" when they make knee jerk reaction patches like lowering PC drops to 1-3 rather than like 5-7.

It's more for higher ranked mobs. I think it's fine as it is (or will be) with the new patch. As it is, I have hundreds of PXC without anything to really buy.

Toki767

It's more for higher ranked mobs. I think it's fine as it is (or will be) with the new patch. As it is, I have hundreds of PXC without anything to really buy.

I would be fine if the grind in the game was crafting the perfect build.

I'm not fine that the grind in the game is earning enough to buy a blueprint to then craft the perfect build if you didn't get in on an exploit.

When you finish a manhunt killing the rogue, discover he has 2 HE items, rush to grab them and then RUN THE FUCK OUT of the area only to realize that i only got 6 purples out of his whole bag and left back the 2 other HE

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

That's fucked. They should have a simple priority system in place.

Tecnniqe

Banned

0 challenge.

Killing rogues is still meh rewards and surviving a manhunt is no challenge at all, for me and my group at least.

No need to run or hide at all, just stay in the middle of a street.
Rewards for surviving it is also piss poor.

6,5k DZ$ for surviving a manhunt?

Useless.

I'm not fine that the grind in the game is earning enough to buy a blueprint to then craft the perfect build if you didn't get in on an exploit.

I geared to where I am without a single exploit or even having the midas.

Simply took time.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
The reactions here to the tweaks made seriously having me thinking about trading this while the value is still high.

I haven't gotten a chance to try them out for myself, but it ain't soundin' good.

Frenden

Banned
I remember the first time Warrengate Power Plant was the CM and it kicked my ass. We did it after three hours. Today? Rolled through like hard mode. One wipe total because of hubris. Feelsgoodman

Re: DZ tweaks--they sound totally fair to me. What are people so peeved about? Going rogue shouldn't have had such an extreme penalty before.

k1t4j

Good lord the fact that the Dz30 chests drop purples is so good. Already found one that was a straight upgrade from the DZ vendor, but better still is the fact that I started to sell the purples and dismantle the blues.

After my stash was full, I went back to a safe house and by selling all the purples I got 40k creds. That was the same amount I had by the time I reached my level, 24 lol.

oSoLucky

PC still come plenty fast of you play the game to farm them. I hit 30 after the PC reduction and didn't touch BK until I had every blueprint that I wanted already. It just required some efficient DZ and CM farming. No exploits.

The reactions here to the tweaks made seriously having me thinking about trading this while the value is still high.

I haven't gotten a chance to try them out for myself, but it ain't soundin' good.

Depends on if you enjoyed the "friendly" version of the DZ, it's way more fun now imo because no one is afraid of going rogue anymore.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Good lord the fact that the z30 chests drop purples is so good. Already found one that was a straight upgrade from the DZ vendor, but better still is the fact that I started to sell the purples and dismantle the blues.

After my stash was full, I went back to a safe house and by selling all the purples I got 40k creds. That was the same amount I had by the time I reached my level, 24 lol.

Never sell.

Always dismantle.

0 challenge.

Killing rogues is still meh rewards and surviving a manhunt is no challenge at all, for me and my group at least.

Useless.

Oh ok. Yeah, you're an edge case. I think the majority of folks will be happy with the changes.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
The changes are very good for the average player.
Meaning who? The people who never want to venture into the Dark Zone outside of a group? The game needs more reason to be there in the first place. Loot is shit, enemies are bullet sponges, etc. So now we hunt other players for fun? Not really what I'm into, but maybe somehow I'm not the "average" player.

bjaelke

Meaning who? The people who never want to venture into the Dark Zone outside of a group? The game needs more reason to be there in the first place. Loot is shit, enemies are bullet sponges, etc. So now we hunt other players for fun? Not really what I'm into, but maybe somehow I'm not the "average" player.

Loot was just improved significantly (HE items, chests, ammo, grenades). People group up through matchmaking.

Deception

Heres an idea, how about rather than having to shoot someone to go rogue, you declare yourself as rogue and you can decide how long you want to be rogue for for x amount of dz credits and x gear. To stop from camping like I've seen with groups camping on the top ladder, once you declare it can spawn you to a random area of the map. What does everyone think of that?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
0 challenge.

Useless.

Simply took time.

You can't complain about the DZ when you have severely out-geared almost everyone else. Of course it's not a challenge for your group.

Trojan

Currently doing my first CM run.

Screw. Shotguns.

Attempted this for the first time yesterday with a crew of freshly-minted 30's. Spent 20-25 minutes at the opening area of the daily running for our lives from charging shotguns. We got pushed so far from the opening area that random 25 level mobs from the streets were attacking us as well.

Tecnniqe

Banned
All DZ$ are useless, no matter the amount rewarded.

The real reward is not losing whatever stuff you had or protecting territory.
Too bad the chance of picking up something that would be valuable is next to none as it's all for mats anyway.

It was a very anti climactic experience having to try and find people to kill just to get manhunt and have 0 issues.

They need to implement gear brackets or something.
It's no fun roflstoming new players, just feels shitty.

Pop

When you finish a manhunt killing the rogue, discover he has 2 HE items, rush to grab them and then RUN THE FUCK OUT of the area only to realize that i only got 6 purples out of his whole bag and left back the 2 other HE

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

You can deconstruct contaminated items. You won't get anything but you should to make space if needed.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What about PvE? So I take it lost people ignore Tech and focus on health and firepower then. Surely the game is more balanced than this?
I don't know if a solo skill build is viable, but in a team it's fucking killer. You can constantly pulse and smart cover so the team is always buffed.

Granadier

Too bad the chance of picking up something that would be valuable is next to none as it's all for mats anyway.

It was a very anti climactic experience having to try and find people to kill just to get manhunt and have 0 issues.

They need to implement gear brackets or something.
It's no fun roflstoming new players, just feels shitty.

Gearscore brackets would be nice once that is live.

Tecnniqe

Banned
You can't complain about the DZ when you have severely out-geared almost everyone else. Of course it's not a challenge for your group.
Of course I can.
I want a challenge and currently there is none.

Simple bracket MM in the background to try and get equally geared players would be a huge improvement for everyone

Symphonia

Banned
God Dark Zone is rogue nation now. Ain't going back in until I'm with a group.
Not true. I went in earlier, got ambushed by a group of 10 NPCs while calling in an extraction, and had four or five agents help me out, and covered me while I extracted.

Granadier

Of course I can.

Simple bracket MM in the background to try and get equally geared players would be a huge improvement for everyone

This I agree with.

RyanDG

People complaining about the rogue changes are really surprising to me to be honest. The Dark Zone was way too much of a care free farm excursion for the last two weeks. In all honesty, I think it gave people some bad habits. I run the Dark Zone a lot solo (and have been in there for a couple of hours today solo), and there's really some common sense things that a solo player needs to be aware of...

Number one, regardless of anything else, you are at a disadvantage at extractions. Yes, the people who just rolled up on your extraction may be the nicest people in the world, but if you are solo, and someone comes up during your extraction its probably time to hang back and be ready to make a break for it.

Number two, always be aware of your surroundings. With a group, this isn't as big of a deal because you can easily offset any errors in awareness with sheer fire power. As a solo player in the DZ, you don't have this luxury. Any number of players can be a danger to you, and as a result if you are trying to farm solo, treat white blips from other players from your pulse (which you are using, right?), as a much higher level threat and try to avoid if possible.

With all of that said, even with the time that I was in there today, I haven't witnessed the ganking out extractions that people have been complaining about. I think it is mostly because of the above two things and the fact that I try to avoid extremely popular extraction zones. The changes finally brought the DZ more in line to what I think the intent was, and that is a dangerous place to go to get geared up where you have to fear both enemies and players.

To me, this is the way it should be.

quest

Not Banned from OT
PC still come plenty fast of you play the game to farm them. I hit 30 after the PC reduction and didn't touch BK until I had every blueprint that I wanted already. It just required some efficient DZ and CM farming. No exploits.

Not even close unless you are in the top 5% who have a crew who can do CM in 20-30 minutes. The average player can get 30 PC a day so about 6 days to get a weapon plan. The rogue changes to the darkzone just further hurt the average player. Before there was such a harsh penalty people thought twice about going rouge. Now the top 10% will just group and go on hunting trips for newbs. Something needs to change on the PVE side for the average player. As I said great game but really needs new director of the PVE side. Lot like vanilla D3 great game but horrible person in charge that does not understand loot based games.

Trojan

GAF I need guidance:

So I hit LVL30 a few days ago, am decked out in just about all purple (no HE yet), and my current stats are approximately 65k, 48k, 15k (with primary weapon).

What's the most efficient thing I should be doing right now? I can get through hard missions pretty easily with a group, but tried a CM last night and got WRECKED. Didn't help that it was a random team and we were all just barely 30, but I don't know if that's the best way to spend my time at the moment.

Should I be concentrating in the Dark Zone or doing dailies/CM? Im DZ level 15 right now so have a ways to go.

yhtafKd.jpg

0 challenge.

Useless.

Simply took time.

You're the 1% of the 1%.... of course it's a cake walk for you. For everyone else these changes are spot on.

This.

Klyka

Banned
0 challenge.

Useless.

Simply took time.

Geez son, I wonder why your group has no equals :p

lt519

GAF I need guidance:

So I hit LVL30 a few days ago, am decked out in just about all purple (no HE yet), and my current stats are approximately 65k, 48k, 15k (with primary weapon).

What's the most efficient thing I should be doing right now? I can get through hard missions pretty easily with a group, but tried a CM last night and got WRECKED. Didn't help that it was a random team and we were all just barely 30, but I don't know if that's the best way to spend my time at the moment.

Should I be concentrating in the Dark Zone or doing dailies/CM? Im DZ level 15 right now so have a ways to go.

What's your armor rating? If you have 48k health and only 35% damage mitigation you are going to get wrecked. Try to get to 50% armor.

Get a good weapon and start grinding PC doing Hard Dailies and named enemies in the DZ. Buy the Vector ACP HE blueprint. Start looking for level 31 armor that give you higher trinity stats and gear with good armor.

GAF I need guidance:

The fastest way to gear up would be to farm phoenix credits. WIth the BK nerf today morning the fastest way would be to find a group farming challenge mode tunnel or lexington, over and over and over. Once a day do the two hard mode challenges (solo is fine for that) and if you can the challenge daily, although honestly I'd skip it if its power plant.

You can use http://thedivisionlfg.com or reddit or gaf to create/find a group, with mics, and do that for a few hours every day. Gear is not as important as 4 people coordinating cooldowns and calling out kill targets and grenades. You'll get a few orange HEs every time (level 30) and pC and then you buy a vector, some patterns, craft some stuff, and before ya know it every slot has level 30/31 HE items.

Slightly slower would be using those same sites to find a group to farm DZ, and just run loops farming bosses for drops and DZ credits/rank. HE items are way more rare drops in the DZ unfortunately and you earn pC at a much, much slower rate and you can't get crafting patterns until rank 50, and even then you need lots of division tech mats to craft items so its a LOT slower method of gearing up but an alternative I guess.

The difference between going in with a premade group on comms that sticks together (in game and for a few hours) and just trying to do stuff solo is incredibly, incredibly vast. I'm speaking as someone who played it pretty much solo too but I still got the plat and got to a 200k dps all HE gearout, but I found it 100x faster and easier with any random ol group than trying stuff solo or with matchmaker.

quest

Not Banned from OT
GAF I need guidance:

Make sure to hit those hard dailies they are by far the best reward for the average player. Get enough PC to get a vector or AK. After that really more dailies and if you got a great crew to do CMs and/or Darkzone.

Of course I can.

If they could do something PvP wise with whatever the whole "gear score" thing is, that would be cool. I'd be down with that.

Trojan

What's your armor rating? If you have 48k health and only 35% damage mitigation you are going to get wrecked. Try to get to 50% armor.

Get a good weapon and start grinding PC doing Hard Dailies and named enemies in the DZ. Buy the Vector ACP HE blueprint. Start looking for level 31 armor that give you higher trinity stats and gear with good armor.

Thanks, good to know about the Vector. Armor rating is 35-40% right now I think so I need to beef that up.

Hjod

Banned
I just got ganked, I almost emptied a whole clip into one of them, he didn't even flinch, they just ran straight up to me and put their Vectors in my face. Haha, I thought I did decent enough damage but I guess not.

By the way, what the hell is a poopsocker?

Deku Tree

I remember the first time Warrengate Power Plant was the CM and it kicked my ass. We did it after three hours. Today? Rolled through like hard mode. One wipe total because of hubris. Feelsgoodman

Re: DZ tweaks--they sound totally fair to me. What are people so peeved about? Going rogue shouldn't have had such an extreme penalty before.

Did you play with MM or with a set group?

TheYanger

The PC are not remotely the hard part. Farming mats is the hard part. If you're still strapped for PC, you're not at the grind yet.
I just got ganked, I almost emptied a whole clip into one of them, he didn't even flinch, they just ran straight up to me and put their Vectors in my face. Haha, I thought I did decent enough damage but I guess not.

By the way, what the hell is a poopsocker?

They're either very survivability built, or they used D-link, which is usually the case in pvp. If you're running either of the other links you are 100% wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom