• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

If gear score is just a weighted average of the level of your gear then it doesn't really say anything much.

Choosing different OP stats and mods makes a huge difference.

Hjod

Banned
They're either very survivability built, or they used D-link, which is usually the case in pvp. If you're running either of the other links you are 100% wrong.

No D-link active, not what I could see at least. I think it's just that my DPS sucks.

meep!

Neo Member
Been enjoying this game a whole lot up until today's patch. I'm mostly a solo player (just matchmake for the dailies) and been enjoying soloing in the DZ but now that's impossible. People jump you all the time.

It seems most people see the DZ as a PvP zone and are happy with this change but I never saw it that way. I saw it as a zone where PvP could happen but going rogue would be a means to an end, to steal something valuable from someone, not just jump anyone at any time. In my opinion the rogue punishment wasn't even hard enough before, imo rogue should be something you very seriously should consider going and a "title" hard to get rid of.
But this might just be me thinking like that.

Liamc723

Which would you say is more important, having a higher health stat or going with a piece of gear that has a higher armour rating?

I've been prioritizing DPS, health and skill over the actual armour rating of an individual piece of gear, is that the right way to go?

Klyka

Banned
Which would you say is more important, having a higher health stat or going with a piece of gear that has a higher armour rating?

I've been prioritizing DPS, health and skill over the actual armour rating of an individual piece of gear, is that the right way to go?

armor is insanely strong. try to keep armor damage mitigation as close to 65% as possible cause 65% is the max cap.

Deku Tree

The UI makes you think that health is more important because it's huge on the top of the screen. But armor is more important. But armor is usually pretty similar for similar pieces at the same level.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So what's the best way to get PC as a single player now that BK is gone? The DZ is rough when you run solo.

DZ actually sucks for getting PXC.
Right now you're best bet is dailies and running CM with matchmaking.

Is General Assembly still the best mission to farm purples? I am using that reddit end game guide, it says to be around 55k+ dps, 70k+ health, and 25k+ skill and all purple before even trying the CM. For a healer, anyway. I have been farming this mission for two days now and finally got all purple but don't seem to be anywhere close. I am like 63k damage, but only 50k health and 18k skills.

I just don't get shit. I get 10 purples or so per run but nothing good enough to replace my current stuff. My scavenging is like 118%.

Is the DZ good for this stuff? I got sick last week and fell behind my friends so I've been going solo. Tried the DZ today after the patch... Jesus. There was a mob like 13 strong right at the entrance. It took me like 15 minutes, almost all ammo and med packs, but I got them all, and a named boss. But mostly blue drops. But now that I am 30 I can join back up with the friends and we can run DZ together. Is it better than farming missions?

RdN

I found a guy running around in the DarkZone, which was pretty much invincible.

Dude had a Manhunt on his head, being chased by the entire instance, and still ran around taking bullets like it was nothing.

At one point, I met him in an intersection and unloaded Pulso along with 40 Vector rounds point blank into him and barely made a dent!

I'm sitting at 180k DPS, 80k Health and 15k Eletronics, so I'm not that weak...

Nobody in the entire server was able to down him, and he eventually ran out his 200s Manhunt and escaped.

Sincerely don't know how the hell that happened.

lt519

Not sure if it is linear but 4654 armor is 65% damage mitigation. So roughly 500 Armor can be 7% damage mitigation? Keep that in mind when you roll a stat that has 4% elite protection that if you can roll 500 armor instead you'll be better off. Up until 65% total mitigation that is.

Yeah just put a chest plate on that had 1017 armor vs 557 armor and my damage mitigation went up 6.2%

Klyka

Banned
I found a guy running around in the DarkZone, which was pretty much invincible.

Dude had a Manhunt on his head, being chased by the entire instance, and still ran around taking bullets like it was nothing.

At one point, I met him in an intersection and unloaded Pulso along with 40 Vector rounds point blank into him and barely made a dent!

I'm sitting at 180k DPS, 80k Health and 15k Eletronics, so I'm not that weak...

Nobody in the entire server was able to down him, and he eventually ran out his 200s Manhunt and escaped.

Sincerely don't know how the hell that happened.

Quite possibly hacking.

It happens, sadly.

Axial

Allright DivisionGAF, need advice.
Which one should I keep and which one deconstruct?
tomclancysthedivisionz4sez.png
tomclancysthedivisionpusvx.png

Or should I just buy the one currently being sold in the BoO?

Serick

Married Member
Allright DivisionGAF, need advice.
Which one should I keep and which one deconstruct?
tomclancysthedivisionz4sez.png
tomclancysthedivisionpusvx.png

Or should I just buy the one currently being sold in the BoO?

Prepared/Vicious IMO

Brutal is almost wasted because of the base HS damage being 132% on the other gun.

I run the healing link and do just fine btw. Huge group heal, instantly revives any team members that are down but not yet dead. It's great.

Also.. ran around the DZ solo for about 30 minutes. Chased down a group of 3 rogues.. Killed them a few times.. died a couple times.. only lost 2k XP.. compared to 11k XP loss when I died to mobs just yesterday.

I think it's a good amount. Able to recover from the loss faster but if you constantly run around fighting and dying it'll add up quick.

Frillen

So my DPS goes down about 7k if I change from Flash Hider to Muzzle Break. But why!?

Muzzle Break:

- 34% Stability
- 10% Optimal Range

Flash Hider:

- 17,50% Accuracy
- 16,50 % Increased Threat

Surely the Muzzle Break is the better one? But why does the DPS go down? Should I choose the Muzzle Break?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So my DPS goes down about 7k if I change from Flash Hider to Muzzle Break. But why!?

Muzzle Break:

- 34% Stability
- 10% Optimal Range

Flash Hider:

- 17,50% Accuracy
- 16,50 % Increased Threat

Surely the Muzzle Break is the better one? But why does the DPS go down? Should I choose the Muzzle Break?

Accuracy is included in DPS calculations.

"more likely to hit = higher DPS"

for... whatever that's worth

Reading through that long damage thread on the Ubi forums (which is great btw) and came across this...

Leodigarius said:
Pakhan, featured above, is the absolute best weapon you can get early on. The talent that it has is absolutely incredible and vastly decreases the time to kill on enemies in Hard/Challenge modes and in the Dark Zone. Save up 500k credits and buy it, I guarantee it is worth it. This also showcases just how powerful talents can be. It may not have the highest DPS numbers, but that talent makes it leagues beyond anything else in its class, unless they have a similar talent.
Couldn't agree more. Pakhan is such a great weapon for CM. I see lots of people running around with Caduceus and Vector because of the high DPS number but Pakhan just melts elites.

Reading through that long damage thread on the Ubi forums (which is great btw) and came across this...

Couldn't agree more. Pakhan is such a great weapon for CM. I see lots of people running around with Caduceus and Vector because of the high DPS number but Pakhan just melts elites.

Awesome to know. Thanks for the heads up.

TheBear

What's the best approach to reach Level 30? Should I be clearing districts of side missions and encounters one at a time? Also, when should I be hitting the Dark Zone? Jeff from Giant Bomb mentioned he got stuck because he waiting to play DZ at level 30 which messed with level progression

What's the best approach to reach Level 30? Should I be clearing districts of side missions and encounters one at a time? Also, when should I be hitting the Dark Zone? Jeff from Giant Bomb mentioned he got stuck because he waiting to play DZ at level 30 which messed with level progression

Do all the main missions. Then side missions. The side missions will net you the difference. Super easy to do.

FLAguy954

giphy.gif

Fuck! My 960 GB Sandisk SSD (that served as a second drive) fucking failed on me. 600+ GB worth of music, videos, games (including The Division), etc all gone. Setting up the goddamn RMA now,..

Trojan

Anyone on PS4 want to run the new challenge mission at reset in 50 minutes?

I'd be down, but it would be the first time running a CM other than one failed attempt. Lvl 30, stats are 50k, 80k, 15k, have all purples basically.

PSN: Phife24. Running a hard mode mission in the meantime then I could join up

k1t4j

Holy fucking shit guys I just got away with an amazing loot. So I start exploring DZ04 and I find a contaminated area near a Checkpoint, had 3 DZ chests lv24 yellow enemies and shit.

I get lucky with the drops from the DZ chests, 3 chests 6 purples and low and behold there's a tiny extraction area at the top of a building. I get there there's a yellow boss, those heavies with LMG and some goons. I kill them, call for the chopper and god dam those were the longest 90 seconds in the game.

It didn't help that more lv24 purples started pouring into the area, they granted me my rank 49 and I got away with some sweet sweet loot for my level

A purple classic RPK
A purple SRS A1
A Socom M1A
A purple Hunting M44
A purple SASG-12S
Purple gloves and some vanity items.

Klyka

Banned
The Cadeceus is just SO good.
Having basically infinite skills is insanely strong.
I can never really switch away from it XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom