• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

The Cadeceus is just SO good.
Having basically infinite skills is insanely strong.
I can never really switch away from it XD

Yeah it's working nicely for me solo DZ. I run with health base with ammo regen and cover with damage up. Not sure if that is best combo for solo but I'm enjoying it.

Wonder if it's still worth leveling an alt for consequence free DZ stuff; thinking now it's probably better to just give your main character a 5 or so level buffer before going to have some fun? Would imagine 5 levels of deaths now would add up to a fair few.

That Power Plant CM be like

han-solo.0.gif

Tried to do it with randoms and we were doing well enough to get to the three valves part but either the rushers bum rush us or the timer counts down to zero. Then I found myself back in a safe house. Either I accidentally logged out or I got kicked out (if that's a thing). Feels bad. Oh well.

lt519

So who said crit damage caps out at 65%? I'm at 78% right now and in the shooting range i'm doing 9197 per body shot and 16371 per crit...that's 78%? I do have a talent that is +25% critical damage on the gun.

Tried to do it with randoms and we were doing well enough to get to the three valves part but either the rushers bum rush us or the timer counts down to zero. Then I found myself back in a safe house. Either I accidentally logged out or I got kicked out (if that's a thing). Feels bad. Oh well.

No kidding. As soon as I realized what mission it was I knew I probably picked the wrong time to try a CM/Daily for the first time. Luckily we got through it the first try (barely) but man was it intense.

3Q5UwvB2WJaJW.gif

Furio53

han-solo.0.gif

Lol yep. You can be kicked. But man...some of these challenging difficulty runs.. everyone safe and doing pretty good for most part. Then a wave of shotgunners run in and everyone dies. I can't remember which mission i was doing last night with a group, but we were close to the end (room with all the fire nozzles etc) and the guy on the PA yelling. Every time the 3rd wave came in, we would die horribly. I got too frutrated after like an hour and quit :(

Klyka

Banned
So who said crit damage caps out at 65%? I'm at 78% right now and in the shooting range i'm doing 9197 per body shot and 16371 per crit...that's 78%? I do have a talent that is +25% critical damage on the gun.

I thought armor damage mitigation is capped at 65%?

Pandy

Been enjoying this game a whole lot up until today's patch. I'm mostly a solo player (just matchmake for the dailies) and been enjoying soloing in the DZ but now that's impossible. People jump you all the time.

It seems most people see the DZ as a PvP zone and are happy with this change but I never saw it that way. I saw it as a zone where PvP could happen but going rogue would be a means to an end, to steal something valuable from someone, not just jump anyone at any time. In my opinion the rogue punishment wasn't even hard enough before, imo rogue should be something you very seriously should consider going and a "title" hard to get rid of.
But this might just be me thinking like that.
I'm amazed there's any reward for going rogue/manhunt beyond the gear itself.

Makes a complete mess of the whole DZ container idea, where you're nervously eyeing up the one player at the extraction that isn't carrying any gear, if there's a general reward for mis-behaviour. Maybe the DZ packs could be colour-coded to the highest gear level to tempt more rogue behaviour without actively rewarding it?

As it is, I haven't had any major issues so far. Was attacked 2v1 and 3v2 in the lower ranks, and both times respawned and reclaimed my gear, along with a nice EXP bonus. That's all you need for the system to work. No need for cash or EXP penalties, although DZ keys seem like fair game.

T.O.P

Banned
DZ tonight was absolutely insane

After the huge fail from before i ended up in an instance with 8 rogues teamed up goin around for about 2 hours wrecking people, tons of fun following them around and casually sniping some

I actually got more reogue kills tonight than in the last 2 weeks lol

This is fun :D

lt519

I thought armor damage mitigation is capped at 65%?

It is, thought crit chance or crit damage was too. Maybe not.

So would you go with a Vector that has a talent for +25% crit damage and has base 600 more dmg per round or a Vector that has +13% crit chance when full health and 18% armor destruction?

The other talents on the higher base damage are 13% against named and elites, and using a skill increases crit by 8% for 5 seconds but I'd need to get to 1889 electronics for those...With the new one I'm at 40% crit chance and 78% crit dmg, with the other i'm at 52% crit chance (at full health, 39% not) with 53% crit dmg. The game says the higher base damage one is better but not sure it factors in that 18% against enemy armor damage. By my calc the increase in base damage only accounts for 10% more damage. So basically I'm giving up 8% damage to gain 25% crit dmg? I don't rely on being at full health too often...

holy shit dark zone lvl 30 isnt a joke
i wasnt expecting this difference

At that point, the main draw of the game is slowly going from DZ30 being extremely hard to relatively comfortable. DZ31 for me is what DZ30 used to be. DZ32 is still pretty intimidating though.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Todays weapon camo "Torn Tape - Swedish M90"

l91muI4.jpg

Also disappointingly no appearance items in the shop the last two days, I must have them all, why bother even playing any more.

Hawk269

Not home yet, but has the texture streaming fix that was suppose to be in this patch for the PS4 actually working? If it is, is it really noticeable improvement?

Trojan

Anyone doing a CM run soon on PS4? I want to give it a go. Can breeze through Hard missions but haven't finished a CM yet

Lvl 30: 70k, 80k, 10k

PSN: Phife24

Kabouter

At that point, the main draw of the game is slowly going from DZ30 being extremely hard to relatively comfortable. DZ31 for me is what DZ30 used to be. DZ32 is still pretty intimidating though.

Yeah, DZ32 I definitely won't do solo. With two it's still pretty tough, with three or four people it's usually fine.

Kalentan

No kidding. As soon as I realized what mission it was I knew I probably picked the wrong time to try a CM/Daily for the first time. Luckily we got through it the first try (barely) but man was it intense.

3Q5UwvB2WJaJW.gif

This happened to me when we did this CM... But for me, my character wouldn't turn the valve for a moment. I was losing my shit.

Hjod

Banned
The Swedish M90 Camo is for sale at the Fashion Vendor. Will be using that just for the nostalgic kick from my millitary service days.

Gong

Good session Frenden, Spyder and Grim, esp. when we fucked with those guys at the top of the hiding spot! Can't believe he fell for my cunning plan and followed me up! :D Awesome. Some good loot and random rogue shenanigans, what more can you ask for?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Went rogue on 2 got about 10 hunting us. We lured them down to the lowest levels in the tunnels with level 32 cleaners. Fucking nuts lol.

Is a pain how some people were purposely walking in front of us while we were killing at an extraction so that made us rogue.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda crazy how much this slowed down after the first week. Does it seem like a lot of people dropped the game? I only played for the first time in over a week today, myself.

Had a fun little encounter tho. Went into the DZ, saw an extraction coming on the rooftop in DZ02, so I figure I'll check it out. There's one guy there, I help him mop up the enemies, but he gets hurt and is bleeding out. I consider helping him, and he starts talking, "please ress me." I just stand there, wait for him to bleed out. His dying words: "Next time I crush you, I swear it." In a Russian accent. Hand to god. He drops a yellow, an AR. I extract it with 0 seconds left to spare and hightail it out of there. 10 or so minute later I run into him again in the sporting goods store, he says "remember me, bitch?" Then another player shows up, and I'm not sure what happens, but the guy goes Rogue (though he didn't shoot at me), so me and the other player gun him down. I just walk up to his corpse and say "I remember you. Thanks for the loot" and walk off.

I love this game.

SeanR1221

Sitting in the DZ04 safe house scared to extract this Midas. It was bad enough when I got betrayed by these randoms I teamed up with, they stole it, I came back in and killed them both and now I'm slowly making my way back

Any kind soul want to help me extract on psn????

SeanR1221

Firthy

We are about 3/4 of the way through the daily challenging mission and one of our guys has had to drop out. If anyone wants to join on us and help us finish it off (and get some easy Phoenix Credits) my PSN is firthy01 :)

edukate

We are about 3/4 of the way through the daily challenging mission and one of our guys has had to drop out. If anyone wants to join on us and help us finish it off (and get some easy Phoenix Credits) my PSN is firthy01 :)

Yes pls.

Psn LuckyDoobage

So does scavenging actually boost your item discovery?

RNG will always be rng. You still have a chance to find stuff with no scav but it helped for me. A whole day with 100% ish scav I found a few he items. A whole day after I went down to like 15% and found none. Next day I went back up and found 1.

Some people find with barely any but yea it seems to help a tad.

E92 M3

Kinda crazy how much this slowed down after the first week. Does it seem like a lot of people dropped the game? I only played for the first time in over a week today, myself.

Had a fun little encounter tho. Went into the DZ, saw an extraction coming on the rooftop in DZ02, so I figure I'll check it out. There's one guy there, I help him mop up the enemies, but he gets hurt and is bleeding out. I consider helping him, and he starts talking, "please ress me." I just stand there, wait for him to bleed out. His dying words: "Next time I crush you, I swear it." In a Russian accent. Hand to god. He drops a yellow, an AR. I extract it with 0 seconds left to spare and hightail it out of there. 10 or so minute later I run into him again in the sporting goods store, he says "remember me, bitch?" Then another player shows up, and I'm not sure what happens, but the guy goes Rogue (though he didn't shoot at me), so me and the other player gun him down. I just walk up to his corpse and say "I remember you. Thanks for the loot" and walk off.

I love this game.
That sounds like fan fiction lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom