• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

Why did I get purple drops that are higher armor levels than my DZ06 blueprints? Am I doing something wrong? Or should I just not be focused on armor?

I mean my purple chest is at 1284 armor, and my best yellow blueprint goes to 864.

Edit: Never mind - it crafted at 1323 Armor. I don't understand this stuff.

wtf, i have a patch that says its taking 10 hours.... ivv been downloading it for like 3 now. yet i see me friends been on all day. what is this patch?? i asked one of them and they said they hadnt gotten any patch

LiK

wtf, i have a patch that says its taking 10 hours.... ivv been downloading it for like 3 now. yet i see me friends been on all day. what is this patch?? i asked one of them and they said they hadnt gotten any patch

the worst thing was it didn't autod/l in Rest mode for me. fucking sucks.

Iceman829

Friend invited me to do the CM. He's on a phone call not paying attention. The other guy can't make it to the consulate because he can't teleport and npcs are killing him in the streets. Another guy is eating a bag of chips in my ear and can't take the 2 seconds to mute his mic. Fuck that shit I'm out

demolitio

The DZ is a lot more fun when groups go rogue since there's a lot of strategies involved beyond the usual cheap tricks. We went up against a group that had one guy as the dedicated tank with insanely high health and armor to the point where my 150k DPS Vector did nothing to him. My friend ends up trying to attack his buddies while his skills reloaded and the tank busted out the ballistic shield trying to cover the rest of the group but my friend ended up killing them as the tank ran away.

I'm assuming his friends were lower level but I could see that being unstoppable if his friends were built for high DPS. I run with an M1A that does 500k dmg on a crit headshot (pulse helps) plus max accuracy and high stability making it easy to get consecutive headshots so my friend has been trying to be more of a tank to give me time to shoot.

I just wish they'd encourage more DayZ-like situations in the DZ. So far, people still only care about farming loot that has diminishing returns at this point so they need to find ways to make it tougher since even the elite 32 bosses are so damn easy now. I'm hoping we eventually get some raids in the DZ where groups can come together and get it done or turn on each other or something. I don't mind losing stuff if it means there's a point to keep playing before more content comes out.

I'm patiently waiting for more content as I know most people haven't played as much as some of us on here, but just encouraging people to treat the DZ differently would be a big plus to me. I want those feelings I've had playing survival games where you don't know what's going to happen and you become paranoid, but you don't get that feeling often when you're in 4 person group since most groups only prey on the weak.

In the end, I know it's like most MMO games where the product will evolve over time so I'm exciting for the game's future. I just hope they add some parts that are extremely challenging for groups to do that are tougher than the challenging dailies. Make areas of the DZ truly scary to the point where only the best will go there. That way, we might see some more PVP action in that area as well.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
The decrease in the penalty for dying in the DZ has definitely brought out some Day-Z style antics. It feels far closer to the beta than the launch version did.

Exhibit A. Lure them in with a jumping jack party and then betray them while they are vulnerable.
MYbKAcw.gif

demolitio

What are the ways to get HE loot?

Phoenix credits, DZ currency, challenge mission rewards?

Also killing named elites, especially in the DZ. I just got the Midas last night after killing a group by myself. Up to 3 HE drops in the DZ now. To get gear, you're better off playing the story missions on challenging with a group since they give you HE gear no matter what.

I guess you also have a chance of getting HE loot from DZ key crates now as well?

Wtf is your gear? 120k dps and 100k health? Goddamn
I'll screenshot tomorrow. Logged off a bit ago.

The decrease in the penalty for dying in the DZ has definitely brought out some Day-Z style antics. It feels far closer to the beta than the launch version did.

Exhibit A. Lure them in with a jumping jack party and then betray them while they are vulnerable.
More of this tomorrow! Mwahaha

soultron

Banned
I leaned the meaning of true friendship in the DZ tonight:
1) find random in DZ and group up
2) extract so much stuff that your stash gets full
3) get to next extract with a full pack then find out you can't extract
4) let your new friend know that you're leaving the group so you can go rogue on them, so that they can kill you for the EXP and take the stuff you can't extract anyway

Maybe I'm just lucky or part of the patch is actually working.
Sorry for the crappy quality of the first shot as I downloaded the capture from xbclips and did a screenshot of the video.
And yes, we caught that bug fighting Hornet where the Shade Tech didn't drop.

Red, White, and Blue skin

taco543

that gif is beautiful.

I know this is a question for two weeks ago when everyone wasn't talking about loot, but has anyone had an issue with the game switching to a black screen? I can't stop it from happening immediately after boot, but it worked fine yesterday. Have tried reinstalling drivers and the game itself.

Granadier

I know this is a question for two weeks ago when everyone wasn't talking about loot, but has anyone had an issue with the game switching to a black screen? I can't stop it from happening immediately after boot, but it worked fine yesterday. Have tried reinstalling drivers and the game itself.

Just started happening on Xbox too after 1.0.2

JJD

Matchmaking FTW!!!

Just did the Russian Consulate challenging mission with a group of randoms. Took us about 1 hour!

Nothing bad IMO, it was the first time I completed this one!

Obviously I got some shitty yellows, but I'm not complaining! :)

Nothing like spending 35 minutes on a group that's barely making it through russian consulate only for the group to disband before finishing it....

That was the 5th attempt to. Can't find a group that can beat it.

I tried RC challenge with randoms earlier. They weren't suited for the mission at all. Couldn't get passed the 2nd part, when you get to move upstairs. Not a fun challenge at all.

Frenden

Banned
I must have a god roll BM AK. I can't roll a Vector that substantially out DPS's it to save my life. Ten rolls, one single Vector that does, like, 5 more DPS even with HE attachment mods.

faer0n

How does the supply Station with the ammo Mod work? It seems like I use my ammo like always when I am standing right in the green circle

Granadier

I must have a god roll BM AK. I can't roll a Vector that substantially out DPS's it to save my life. Ten rolls, one single Vector that does, like, 5 more DPS even with HE attachment mods.

Keep in mind, the AK's magazine size will give it the edge in DPS numbers over a Vector. The Vector has the advantage when it comes to crits though.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
LOL @ people keeping their matchmaking open and then immediately kicking anyone who joins their game. Happens like %50 of the time it seems. What the fuck are people thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom