• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullichin

124k DPS (Black Market AK-74) / 80.9k health / 9.7k skill

Is it worth it to lose some health (drop down to like 78k) to boost skill up a bit more with a mod?

EDIT: actually is it worth me taking a big hit elsewhere to bring skill up to 19k to actvate the "Competent" stat on my AK74? (Weapon damage increased by 13% for 10 seconds after using a skill). Seems pretty good...

xrnzaaas

The PS4 patch seems to have solved most of the audio issues I had while sprinting (ambient sounds cutting off). Now it happens very rarely. On the bad side I've noticed that some of the textures now take longer to long. In fact in a few cases I had to zoom in on them with a weapon to force them to load, because normally they wouldn't.

That's funny, cause patch notes said they've been taken care of that.

Best guess: Re-install/clearing cache might help?

On the bad side I've noticed that some of the textures now take longer to long. In fact in a few cases I had to zoom in on them with a weapon to force them to load, because normally they wouldn't.

Some require DZ rank 30 but it'll tell you.

Some cases in DZ can't be opened at times. They don't highlight. I'm not sure whether a % of them are inactive randomly per instance or if you've/someone has opened them within X hours they might not be active.

They have a cooldown from being opened previously.

Leyasu

Banned
124k DPS (Black Market AK-74) / 80.9k health / 9.7k skill

Is it worth it to lose some health (drop down to like 78k) to boost skill up a bit more with a mod?

EDIT: actually is it worth me taking a big hit elsewhere to bring skill up to 19k to actvate the "Competent" stat on my AK74? (Weapon damage increased by 13% for 10 seconds after using a skill). Seems pretty good...

Is the display playing up for anyone else?

Last night mine jumped from 153k dps to 171k dps..

My stats when I shut down were

171k dps 73k health 27k skill

Is the display playing up for anyone else?

Last night mine jumped from 153k dps to 171k dps..

My stats when I shut down were

171k dps 73k health 27k skill

That has happened to me a lot and when using mods. The patch was supposed to fix mods but it doesn't seem like it.

No. Make more until you get one with Talents that match your build/preferred playstyle.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Just started doing Dark Zone stuff.

It's painfully dumb doing it solo, everyone I come across wants to murder me and they're all in full groups.

valkyre

Getting a decent group for CM has suddenly become a rare thing...

I dont remember it being so difficult a week ago, yesterday I spent like 1 hour trying to get to a decent group...

And on another note, I really dont know why I entered DivisionGaf... seems like nobody is ever willing to group. I know people do, but it seems almost impossible to happen to me. I have posted here, on the community page on PS4, nothing.

Give me some love gaf...

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
So I just got a PlayStation 4 and this was my bundled game and it seems pretty neat if it didn't drop the connection to the server every five minutes.

Is this a known issue? Whenever I get into an encounter with enemies it's like there's a shit ton of lag - enemies will stand still and eat bullets for a while then suddenly spring to life only to die immediately and then... you've been disconnected from the server.

I'm running the PS4 over wifi - is that the issue? Going to try it cabled tonight but am not holding out a great deal of hope at this point.

Matush

Getting a decent group for CM has suddenly become a rare thing...

I dont remember it being so difficult a week ago, yesterday I spent like 1 hour trying to get to a decent group...

And on another note, I really dont know why I entered DivisionGaf... seems like nobody is ever willing to group. I know people do, but it seems almost impossible to happen to me. I have posted here, on the community page on PS4, nothing.

Give me some love gaf...
I'm up for CM, Matush_SVK, hit me up.

xrnzaaas

Just started doing Dark Zone stuff.

It's painfully dumb doing it solo, everyone I come across wants to murder me and they're all in full groups.

If you are new to the dark zones content and going in solo it's good to get accustomed to one of the DZ's so you'll know its layout. That way even if you do get attacked by rogues you'll have a bigger chance to escape them. In my yesterday's session it was pretty much 50/50. I did encounter some friendly players and I did encounter rogues. Couldn't do anything about them, because they were indeed travelling in packs so I bolted the second they turned on me.

That's funny, cause patch notes said they've been taken care of that.

Best guess: Re-install/clearing cache might help?

I'll try, but it may not be only my problem since I also found posts from other people having similar problems, like on reddit or here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1417336-POST-PATCH-Texture-loading-on-PS4-much-slower-Forums

Paertan

So I just got a PlayStation 4 and this was my bundled game and it seems pretty neat if it didn't drop the connection to the server every five minutes.

Is this a known issue? Whenever I get into an encounter with enemies it's like there's a shit ton of lag - enemies will stand still and eat bullets for a while then suddenly spring to life only to die immediately and then... you've been disconnected from the server.

I'm running the PS4 over wifi - is that the issue? Going to try it cabled tonight but am not holding out a great deal of hope at this point.

Never play games over wifi if you can avoid it. But it sounds more serious than that. Can't say I recall this being a big issue with the game or the servers so it seems like the fault is with your connection if it is this common.

Frenden

Banned
Side note, TWO PINK GUNS.

CeORyViUAAE8kXm.jpg:large

CeN88Y8W4AAFkUX.jpg:large

deadduck

What's the ideal Vector roll?

(I've been an AR guy, but I'm trying out the SMGs.)

For me: Brutal, Deadly and self Preserved.

I've got Deadly, Self Preserved, Accurate. Getting the god tier has been hard tho, must have gone through 20 rolls, damn you gunsmith.

Keep trying an MP5 roll, but always end up with junk and no dtec.

valkyre

I'm up for CM, Matush_SVK, hit me up.

Thanks for the reply, appreciated!

I am at work at the moment unfortunately but I will make sure to try this afternoon/evening if you are still on. :)

Generally though, I was expecting it to be easier to group with Gaf community, but it seems kinda hard lol.

Leyasu

Banned
I did the Lexington with just two others after someone dropped last night. It weren't easy as they weren't talking, but I think they could hear me as I called out instructions.

Fucking tense. That was some of the most tactical gaming that I have played in a long time.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Thanks for the reply, appreciated!

I am at work at the moment unfortunately but I will make sure to try this afternoon/evening if you are still on. :)

Generally though, I was expecting it to be easier to group with Gaf community, but it seems kinda hard lol.
Parts of the community usually finds a group and sticks to it by default because they know how each other play and it's easier to work around that, however there is LFG on Discord and everyone is welcome there to make a group, it's web or app based for your phone, tablet or PC. And it's free.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Never play games over wifi if you can avoid it. But it sounds more serious than that. Can't say I recall this being a big issue with the game or the servers so it seems like the fault is with your connection if it is this common.

Yeah that's kind of what I figured. I was getting shitty pings on Battefront, too. It's weird as my 360 is totally fine over wi-fi, I'll give it a try tonight and see how it goes.

DIvision tech either needs to go completely or drop in high supply from bosses and chests. Running a farming route through the DZ opening chests is the definition of anti-fun.
The patch increased the divtech gold drops and they also drop from bosses and some mobs

After reading, reading and reading....and some nice videos I'm finally ready to jump in too :D

I want to get this game digitally (EU - Germany here). What is the cheapest way to get this game digital? 69,99 Euro on the PSN Store is way too much.

kriskrosbbk

For me: Brutal, Deadly and self Preserved.

I've got Deadly, Self Preserved, Accurate. Getting the god tier has been hard tho, must have gone through 20 rolls, damn you gunsmith.

Keep trying an MP5 roll, but always end up with junk and no dtec.

What do you think of Self-preserved,Destructive and Vicious?

I am between this one and Predatory ,Destructive and Commanding.

valkyre

Parts of the community usually finds a group and sticks to it by default because they know how each other play and it's easier to work around that, however there is LFG on Discord and everyone is welcome there to make a group, it's web or app based for your phone, tablet or PC. And it's free.

Good to know I will try it, thanks had no idea.

Achamian

Farmed chains in Stuyvesant for a couple of hours the other night just to get enough PC for the vector. Went to finish him off this morning and he dropped a caduceus! Thanks chains!:D

Although damn the recoil on that gun!

Think not exploiting BK may have fucked me over

Too weak for challenge missions, too weak for high level dark zone. So I'm left getting like 35 PC every day through the daily Hards

Hjod

Banned
Is it worth doing DZ at level 10 or should I just wait until level 30?

Not really worth it if you want loot/xp. But it's fun if you need to do something different for a while.

Too weak for challenge missions, too weak for high level dark zone. So I'm left getting like 35 PC every day through the daily Hards

Run daily hard modes, farm the lower tiers of the DZ. That's how I got ready to do CMs.

Klyka

Banned

Run General Assembly on hard to get better purples (or DZ if you have a group)
You don't really need tons of high ends to beat CM modes, especially not in a matchmade group that is better equipped than you.
Just focus on doing CC and damage.

Semimaru

Neo Member
I did some pretty crazy rouge things in the DZ today and I'm happy that no one could kill me and i ranked up from 60 to 63 by just going rouge rank 5 and i made a couple hundred thousands. This patch makes me happy.

noomi

Good Morning DivisionGAF!

Re-posting this from yesterday because I want people to know! Some others have mentioned having a UI glitch where DPS values change when drilling down into menus, or hovering over different items in your inventory.

As of right now, for me.... this is one of the single most frustrating issues I've experienced with The Division yet. How can I know what my actual DPS is here, I don't know what the math behind figuring these numbers is, and I just want to know what kind of damage I can expect against my enemies....

Said Issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CuDS9lj2qQ

deadduck

What do you think of Self-preserved,Destructive and Vicious?

I am between this one and Predatory ,Destructive and Commanding.

Personally I prefer pure damage mods, rather than armour destruction. It's a good roll, especially against ai, but will lose out in a straight PvP fight.

Certainly worth keeping for now, but I'd keep rolling others when you have spare dtec.

noomi

You have to relog. Devs are aware of the issue.

Even when I re-log the issue still seems to be present when switching between weapons or armor. So damn annoying :(

I really hope this is addressed in the next patch. Especially since this is a game that's all about stat values, I feel like this is one thing that shouldn't have been overlooked.

/endmildrant

:p

Is it worth doing DZ at level 10 or should I just wait until level 30?

I'm trying to work this out myself...I think it might be *IF* you want a fairly easy/boring way to grind to DZ level 50.

I've only been in twice, but there aren't many people in the low level DZ so there are lots of AI enemies to farm. Both times there have only been 3 people in the instance and they have all wanted to group up, as the enemies are pretty hard when you're low level.

I got to level 16 after a couple of hours of playing, it's an almost constant firefight, so you're accruing money/XP relatively quickly.

What I don't know is how quickly the XP requirements for levels go up, and therefore how long it might take to get up to a decent level this way.

I'm planning to alternate between levelling in the main game and levelling in the DZ, but always keeping my DZ level higher so that I hit 50 there before 30 in the main game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom