• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent hours trying to base my build around Skill Power and DPS, only to find out my Health is too low to do anything on my own. I'm getting wrecked all the time in the DZ.

Have to start all over again, all those PCs wasted. sigh

alife

GA8VJQq.gif

Damn, the DZ is a wild place right now. Stood no chance against these 2 guys who were running around just yelling "Gear Check" and mowing people down. They were nearly level 50 and our group was all level 18-20. Seemed way unbalanced and completely non-competitive.

They also had another person who wasn't on their team acting like he was helping only to block doors and then go rouge killing us from behind.

Crazy compared to a few days ago, didn't even bother trying to extract, since they were constantly trying to find us and kill us, lol.

Love and hate with this game.

Lima

DIvision tech either needs to go completely or drop in high supply from bosses and chests. Running a farming route through the DZ opening chests is the definition of anti-fun.

venom2124

Okay I'm confused. I have a bunch of dark zone keys so I went to the chest near the southern checkpoint and killed all the yellow enemies there. I tried the chest and nothing happened. No text prompt at all. A random player ran up to the chest while I was standing there and opened it. So then I tried the library chest. Killed all the yellow enemies and tried the chest. Nada again. Do you have to be a certain rank to use the keys?

RyanDG

Dark Zone is so much better.

Yep. I've had a blast in the dark zone today. I was able to farm in relative peace if I was just a little cautious, and when I decided I was done being cautious, I was able to get into all sorts of shit. All they need now is some Dark Zone events (perhaps that are not doable by a single group to force some hesitant cooperation), and I think we are set.

The only other thing I think that the game would need is some sort of tiered gating so that people with similar item levels and equipment attributes are grouped together, but I don't know how that could be done without some people finding a way to 'game' the system.

Paertan

A rogue died in New York. I know why. He was trying to steal my shit. He downed me but my friend had the Recovery link so I just stood back up and killed him. His friend did not seem to have the Recovery Link. He had the "Get the fuck out of here" link and ran away.

I see a lot of more rogues now. And if we see someone with loot when we have none and we think we have a chance. It is on!

Animator

Finished the daily challenge mission and the boss dropped a weapon skin! That has to be a feature of the patch because I never got a weapon skin drop in the game before.

bjaelke

Finished the daily challenge mission and the boss dropped a weapon skin! That has to be a feature of the patch because I never got a weapon skin drop in the game before.

Yes each of the 4 CM drops a weapon skin.

Warren Powerplant: Solid - Electric Green
Lexington Event Center: Solid - Pink
Lincoln Tunnel: Solid - Teal
Russian Consulate: Red White Blue

knitoe

Yes each of the 4 CM drops a weapon skin.

Warren Powerplant: Solid - Electric Green
Lexington Event Center: Solid - Pink
Lincoln Tunnel: Solid - Teal
Russian Consulate: Red White Blue

Guess, I will have to do the Lex Event a few times. Manly pink here I come.

Jblanks

They just need to add Dark Zone challenges/bounties/quests, and maybe Dark Zone public events and I'll be very happy.

Today was a very good step in the right direction though.

In the last 2 days me and my one friend have taken down 3 full groups of Rogues, definitely doable even if your outnumbered.

bjaelke

They just need to add Dark Zone challenges/bounties/quests, and maybe Dark Zone public events and I'll be very happy.

Today was a very good step in the right direction though.

In the last 2 days me and my one friend have taken down 3 full groups of Rogues, definitely doable even if your outnumbered.

Dark Zone events/activities are coming in May (free update).

Saw a lot of high level manhunt rogue groups running high DPS/health with HE vector or AUG today

Newer lvl 30 players to the DZ don't stand much of a chance against that shit

Shane

any vendor selling M1A?

I bought a purple one last night from the advanced vendor in the base of operations.

We completed our first Challenge mode run last night. It was crazy. Two hours of grueling push forward! retreat! shotgun guy! endless grenades! we did it!. Got the PC I needed for the high-end Vector blueprint. I really like that SMG and saw the vendor had it in stock. Bought. Made. Happy.

Going to focus on buying high-end blueprint versions of the gear I like.

Oh, we also went rogue on purpose for the first time. It was a lot of fun.

Is there any solo stuff or you forced to do dark zone and get murdered all the time. I don't have any friends that play this game and my copy comes soon.

Shane

Okay I'm confused. I have a bunch of dark zone keys so I went to the chest near the southern checkpoint and killed all the yellow enemies there. I tried the chest and nothing happened. No text prompt at all. A random player ran up to the chest while I was standing there and opened it. So then I tried the library chest. Killed all the yellow enemies and tried the chest. Nada again. Do you have to be a certain rank to use the keys?

Some require DZ rank 30 but it'll tell you.

Some cases in DZ can't be opened at times. They don't highlight. I'm not sure whether a % of them are inactive randomly per instance or if you've/someone has opened them within X hours they might not be active.

Shane

Is there any solo stuff or you forced to do dark zone and get murdered all the time. I don't have any friends that play this game and my copy comes soon.

There is one mission that introduces you to the DZ.

The DZ is banded by level, so don't worry about it.

You can also matchmatch for the DZ.

Wrynnax

It took two hours to beat that shit .No way I repeat it again,at least with the same "random" team.
I did it twice last night with randoms and we just breezed through it the first time like it was nothing. The second time with another group less so, but still nothing like 2 hours luckily! If you're on ps4, gimme a shout and I'll try and keep you alive with my uber support skills;-)

Paertan

You are never forced into Dark Zone. You can play all through the game solo. If you want to play mission on harder for daily missions there is matchmaking. If you want to try out Dark Zone in the future well there are many NeoGAFers here for you =)

kriskrosbbk

I did it twice last night with randoms and we just breezed through it the first time like it was nothing. The second time with another group less so, but still nothing like 2 hours luckily! If you're on ps4, gimme a shout and I'll try and keep you alive with my uber support skills;-)

Sounds good mate thanks . We might do that indeed.Stuck @work for the next few hours tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom