• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning DivisionGAF!

Re-posting this from yesterday because I want people to know! Some others have mentioned having a UI glitch where DPS values change when drilling down into menus, or hovering over different items in your inventory.

As of right now, for me.... this is one of the single most frustrating issues I've experienced with The Division yet. How can I know what my actual DPS is here, I don't know what the math behind figuring these numbers is, and I just want to know what kind of damage I can expect against my enemies....

Said Issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CuDS9lj2qQ

Still happening for me too, every time I craft or add a new gear mod.

Logging out and back in fixes it... Until I craft or add another mod.

Literally my only real complaint with this game.

noomi

Last two nights I didn't even bother with the challenge mode, the gear drops have been pretty poo, but I do feel bad about missing out on those phoenix credits though....

I think I'm at the point where the only way I can move forward is by crafting gear or purchasing from the DZ PCred vendor or Specialized Gear vendor.

Time to get even more stingy with the pcreds....

spyder_ur

Well - lost a ton of my HE gear. Spent a bunch of time crafting late last night (maybe 12-12:30 EST) because I had just gotten the BPs from DZ06.

Log in today - everything I crafted is gone. I had nothing equipped in 4 of the spots that I had crafted. And yes the mats including ~18 Division Tech are gone.

It does look like I still have the blueprints I bought just before crafting.

Razgreez

^ouch

I have a similar issue. Constantly maxed out on PC and easily gain more by running Lexington on challenging so I'm stuck in a conundrum where the only thing left to do is buy from SWV or DZV but... I'm only on dz lvl 27 and I've bought everything I want from the SWV already

bjaelke

I have a similar issue. Constantly maxed out on PC and easily gain more by running Lexington on challenging so I'm stuck in a conundrum where the only thing left to do is buy from SWV or DZV but... I'm only on dz lvl 27 and I've bought everything I want from the SWV already

That's sounds like an issue with an easy solution.

Jafku

Garbage rewards from CM again. :(

GG Jafku, Deku and Ch4fx

GG! That was scary when we got to the end and it the game froze for a few minutes. Would have been frustrating to fail to be able to finish.

So glad it didn't glitch at the end like we thought it was going to.

Thanks to everyone for jumping in, aside from the glitches that went very well.
Yep. Awesome job guys. The lag was ridiculous though

Wrynnax

Djeezes, some of you guys stats are insane! I'm sitting here with my 70k dps, 70k health and 18k skill power...thank god i'm better at playing support then dps:)

Deku Tree

Yep. Awesome job guys. The lag was ridiculous though

Yeah squeezing the trigger and having my gun not fire, and having my gun fire but not seeing any hit registration... and then at the end of the mission seeing this frozen helicopter:

CeNUn9SXEAAr_Y1.jpg

And being afraid that the game was going to fully bug out and prevent us from finishing at all. It was scary.

Ruruja

Anybody noticed more pop-in and lack of detail in the near distance since the patch? I haven't changed any settings, kind of off-putting.

noomi

Yeah squeezing the trigger and having my gun not fire, and having my gun fire but not seeing any hit registration... and then at the end of the mission seeing this frozen helicopter:

CeNUn9SXEAAr_Y1.jpg

And being afraid that the game was going to fully bug out and prevent us from finishing at all. It was scary.

Ahhh yess, that in-game matchmaking lag. We had a similar experience last week during a challenge mission. Shit was rough.

Anybody noticed more pop-in and lack of detail in the near distance since the patch? I haven't changed any settings, kind of off-putting.

Are you on the PS4? The patch notes actually said texture streaming would be improved.

SighFight

Ahhh yess, that in-game matchmaking lag. We had a similar experience last week during a challenge mission. Shit was rough.

Are you on the PS4? The patch notes actually said texture streaming would be improved.

Yesterday it felt like it took muchg longer for me on PS4 to stream in textures. Sometimes I would be standing in front of something for 10+ seconds until the texture went high res. Annoying...

Well - lost a ton of my HE gear. Spent a bunch of time crafting late last night (maybe 12-12:30 EST) because I had just gotten the BPs from DZ06.

Log in today - everything I crafted is gone. I had nothing equipped in 4 of the spots that I had crafted. And yes the mats including ~18 Division Tech are gone.

It does look like I still have the blueprints I bought just before crafting.

Try moving some of your other gear to the stash, then logging in and out. If that doesn't work then you might have to sell/deconstruct items then log off instead. Also, when you're logging in and out, maybe screencap it so you have an idea of your inventory space.

I've had a ton of issues with missing gear but generally I think I've got them all back.

Yesterday it felt like it took muchg longer for me on PS4 to stream in textures. Sometimes I would be standing in front of something for 10+ seconds until the texture went high res. Annoying...
Haven't noticed any texture issues on the Xbox One but that DPS bug still exists so this patch definitely didn't fix a number of things across all three platforms.

The fixes that did work are pretty good, but there's still a handful of things they need to dig deeper into.

Frenden

Banned
I've gotten an HE item each time I've run General Assembly on hard (and enough purples to sent to my mule-alt to get enough blues to turn into yellows to roll a new Vector).

Easy loop. Rolled three Vectors tonight. One was okay-ish. Vicious, Destructive, and the stability trait (forget the name).

Also, that vendor M1A with the accuracy and stability buff shreds all five ilvl 31 MK17s I crafted. What a bummer. The 17 is just weaker all around. Bigger Clip, big whoop.

spyder_ur

Try moving some of your other gear to the stash, then logging in and out. If that doesn't work then you might have to sell/deconstruct items then log off instead. Also, when you're logging in and out, maybe screencap it so you have an idea of your inventory space.

I've had a ton of issues with missing gear but generally I think I've got them all back.

Phew - thank you very much, seems to have done the trick. When I logged back in I noticed that my inventory was actually over capacity, but I equipped a backpack and it was fine.

Nasty bug. Thanks for the help my Spidey brethren.

Can't decide between Caduceus and purple SCAR

The scar has 40% bonus accuracy, and I don't like having to tank my Stamina to activate Coolheaded on the Caduceus

Does 7,800 damage though, compared to 9,000 on the Cad, with the same rps and mag size

WITHE1982

Also, that vendor M1A with the accuracy and stability buff shreds all five ilvl 31 MK17s I crafted. What a bummer. The 17 is just weaker all around. Bigger Clip, big whoop.

Yeah I made the mistake of buying the Mk17 blueprint. What a load of trash. Expensive mistake as it was outmatched by the first purple M1A that dropped.

Frenden

Banned
Yeah I made the mistake of buying the Mk17 blueprint. What a load of trash. Expensive mistake as it was outmatched by the first purple M1A that dropped.
Yeah. Today was the day I gave in to the meta, crafted a few Vectors, and shelved my MK17 for an M1A.

I find that the M1A is the only usable sniper really. The slower firing snipers get a damage boost of maybe 20% over the M1A at the expense of 1/6th the fire rate. Then you have the MK17 that has a large clip but really you're pretty much never going to be allowed to be exposed long enough to fire it all off. One is None Talent more than makes up for it anyway.

I was hoping the heavy snipers would be more like snipers in Mass Effect 3's multiplayer. Small clip, slow rate of fire with heavy damage, that can pierce some cover and maybe has a bonus to breaking armor.

Namikaze1

Goddamn. Not only did I lucked out with the CM (joined a random who was at the start of the mission but had cleared out everything up to the library beforehand) but I also ended up getting HE gloves with almost the exact same attributes (but higher percentage of course) than the superior gloves I've been wearing for over a week and a half. Shit bumped my DPS from 148k to 188k. And if I use the BM AR I crafted earlier with Brutal and Fierce, shit puts me well over 200k.

Got a purple M1A with the beginning of lvl 30, never changed it, as nothing compares to it, which is a bummer, as it shows that there is no variety in weapon dropa, especially marksman rifles. Never got another one with better stats. They have to add a lot of new drops to the game as it gets stale too fast if there is nothing to upgrade to.

Frenden

Banned
Goddamn. Not only did I lucked out with the CM (joined a random who was at the start of the mission but had cleared out everything up to the library beforehand) but I also ended up getting HE gloves with almost the exact same attributes (but higgher percentage of course). Shit bumped my DPS from 148k to 188k. And if I use the BM AR I crafted earlier with Brutal and Fierce, shit puts me well over 200k.
Nice. What are your health and skill stats at?

I can get a lot more DPS than I have at 140k, but I've greedily held onto ~85k health and 20k skill.

Trying to decide if a huge DPS junp is worth going from 85k health to somewhere around 65k.

Namikaze1

Nice. What are your health and skill stats at?

I can get a lot more DPS than I have at 140k, but I've greedily held onto ~85k health and 20k skill.

Trying to decide if a huge DPS junp is worth going from 85k health to somewhere around 65k.
Health at 70k

Skill went from 17k to 14k after switching gloves.

Hustler

I'm trying to work this out myself...I think it might be *IF* you want a fairly easy/boring way to grind to DZ level 50.

I've only been in twice, but there aren't many people in the low level DZ so there are lots of AI enemies to farm. Both times there have only been 3 people in the instance and they have all wanted to group up, as the enemies are pretty hard when you're low level.

I got to level 16 after a couple of hours of playing, it's an almost constant firefight, so you're accruing money/XP relatively quickly.

What I don't know is how quickly the XP requirements for levels go up, and therefore how long it might take to get up to a decent level this way.

I'm planning to alternate between levelling in the main game and levelling in the DZ, but always keeping my DZ level higher so that I hit 50 there before 30 in the main game.

Okay, thanks for the feedback. What I'm wondering is, is dark zone worth the time dump early on(is the gear really that much better what I can get through normal missions)? I don't have very much blue gear, I'm level 11 at the moment.

Frillen

Can't decide between Caduceus and purple SCAR

The scar has 40% bonus accuracy, and I don't like having to tank my Stamina to activate Coolheaded on the Caduceus

Does 7,800 damage though, compared to 9,000 on the Cad, with the same rps and mag size

I would pick the Caduceus. 1200+ in damage is going to do you better each time you hit a target. Accuracy is one of the least important things in the game, it falsely bumps the DPS dramatically because the devs calculate you will hit targets more, but you won't, or at least not significantly.

Klyka

Banned
Okay, thanks for the feedback. What I'm wondering is, is dark zone worth the time dump early on(is the gear really that much better what I can get through normal missions)? I don't have very much blue gear, I'm level 11 at the moment.

you basically just want to play the game at this point.

do the story missions, do the side missions and encounters.
upgrade your base. maybe take a peek into the DZ at lvl 14.

but mostly, worrying about items before lvl 30 shouldn't be needed.

Remember to play all story missions on hard so they scale to your level when your level is higher than the recommended one. otherwise they are too easy. :)

Still no yellows in the dz, lost track of how many hours but it is above 50.

My friend did get 2 yellows though so i think I am just the unluckiest person ever.

void666

Banned
Yesterday me and two friends tried the CM. We made it to the library and then gave up.
It was great fun. And i never felt frustrated. Believe it or not.
After being destroyed by shotgunners so many times i started calling them the terminator.

Oh, and caduceus is solid. Having my skill up almost instantly is amazing.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Now that we have our first META: Vector 45 & M1A
When will we have our first nerf?

Hey, I was rolling with this and didn't know it was the Meta... lol.

Please Massive, never nerf my Meta k pls thnx

Ask him what is his scavenging level. I am not sure this is working but still

I've had 100 scavenging for ages, only just got my first HE drop in DZ after about 30 hours in DZ all up till now.

RNGesus is rough with this one :D

Skwuh

Smgs aren't range weapons. They absolutely shred in close encounters.

Since when is a cover shooter about getting in close?

I use it as my secondary when running hard mode but on CM I use something with decent range. Plus the Vector perks can be very meh. I feel it's way overrated bc the dps number in game goes so high since it's RPM is so high.

Hustler

you basically just want to play the game at this point.

do the story missions, do the side missions and encounters.
upgrade your base. maybe take a peek into the DZ at lvl 14.

but mostly, worrying about items before lvl 30 shouldn't be needed.

Remember to play all story missions on hard so they scale to your level when your level is higher than the recommended one. otherwise they are too easy. :)

Ok thanks, I did notice a few of the missions were easy to breeze through because I was 2-3 levels higher than recommended. I had read somewhere putting the difficulty on hard yields very low rewards, i.e. you get some extra money and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom