• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So this VOIP for voice how does my IP show and where? 2 times last night while being rogue and chased by the same team my network throughout the whole house died and needed 5 minutes to come back online. I wonder if I was DDOS'd.

Since when is a cover shooter about getting in close?

I use it as my secondary when running hard mode but on CM I use something with decent range. Plus the Vector perks can be very meh. I feel it's way overrated bc the dps number in game goes so high since it's RPM is so high.
It's a solid gun. That's not even up for debate lol. The Navy mp5 outclasses it because of the larger clip and its bullet hose rpm, but unless you're dz50 then the vector is a handy little monster to have.

Namikaze1

Nami, picture of inventory screen ASAP pls!

I'm sitting at 170K DPS, 62K Stam, and a lowly 10K Electronics :(

CeO-tAFUYAEsPuO.jpg:orig

deadduck

My 2nd character will be a skill based one and I think with so many glass cannons a shotgun build is viable, I think they are a bit underrated in PvP.

owlbeak

No yellows in the DZ yet for me either (level 30 since last Thursday). Friends have found at least one each. My scavenging is at 150%, I don't think it works, or it only works on materials like tools, fabric, etc.

Still no yellows in the dz, lost track of how many hours but it is above 50.

My friend did get 2 yellows though so i think I am just the unluckiest person ever.

I had a series of just atrocious runs at the CM yesterday. Around 30 minutes of trying to find one that started, then 2 different times being with a team unable to beat the literal last part of the map: once on the valves (we were down a guy) and once at the Embassy.

So I hopped into DZ to cool off. Got in with a duo that were running a small circuit. 30 minutes later, 2 gold drops. 1 was a shotgun (boo) and the other was a firearms mod that also added 130ish armor (fuck yes.)

Tecnniqe

Banned
Vector has shit range, don't know why people like it so much.
Because they have not seen the glory that is MP5.

Also vector / M1A meta is boring AF

MP5 / AK is the only thing you need.
So this VOIP for voice how does my IP show and where? 2 times last night while being rogue and chased by the same team my network throughout the whole house died and needed 5 minutes to come back online. I wonder if I was DDOS'd.
Yeah simple program and you can see up to 23 people's IP due to peer voice.

Turned that shit off day 1.
Or use VPN for the ports

kriskrosbbk

I had a series of just atrocious runs at the CM yesterday. Around 30 minutes of trying to find one that started, then 2 different times being with a team unable to beat the literal last part of the map: once on the valves (we were down a guy) and once at the Embassy.

So I hopped into DZ to cool off. Got in with a duo that were running a small circuit. 30 minutes later, 2 gold drops. 1 was a shotgun (boo) and the other was a firearms mod that also added 130ish armor (fuck yes.)

Chests,bosses?

Klyka

Banned
Yesterday right after the new patch my friend and I went into the DZ and he said before we entered "I really want to find a high end double barrel sawn off sidearm to try it with my shield".

5 minutes later the first named we kill drops a high end double barrel sawn off sidearm.

ok.jpg

noomi

I should hit 30 in DZ tonight, what should I spend my PC on? I'm at 90k DPS, 40ishk health, and 10-12k skill.

Check out the Specialized Gear Vendor.

Get the Vector or Black Market AK Blueprints, also any armor blueprints you think will help your playstlye/build.

Nice and balanced, I approve.

This is right around where I want to be as well. Will need to grind to rank 50DZ first so I can get those sweet sweet pcred blueprints from DZ06.

I like this DZ patch

CePBMLwWQAAXBU_.jpg

Man.... must have opened 6 DZ chests and killed 5 names guys and not a single HE drop for my team :/

Chests,bosses?

Bosses both times. Chests have been just ugly with drops. We quit stopping for them all together.

This was in DZ03 or maybe 04. I'll have to check. It's the one with the large open middle for an extraction point, where a guy named Torch spawns. He's the one I popped the shotgun off of. The other was a guy named Short Fuse, I believe.

The short run we did took us through 5 or 6 named enemies, looping back on itself. With the increased spawn rates, by the time you got back to the extraction point, Torch would be back.

If only there were a way to extend your Extracted stash. Or to tend to it without leaving the DZ. (Put one in the safehouse, maybe?)

Ted

For any players worried about going into any pre-level 30 DZ solo after the patch, don't be.

There doesn't seem to me to be a huge amount more rogues in any of the pre-30 DZs I have tried and regardless of the rogue/non-rogue ratio the patch still helps solo players assuming they're not only interested in the DZ for gear. XP losses now, even as a non-rogue, have been reduced significantly so as long as you aren't getting killed without making any kills yourself (even NPC kills) you will still likely be progressing pretty nicely.

Not sure about the level 30 one as I haven't got there yet but from what has been said it appears it has had more effect at the "end game" level as players there pre-patch simply didn't want to go rogue and risk their DZ XP progression.

Luckily that won't matter to me for a while as unlike most here I haven't been, and wouldn't recommend, rushing straight to 30 and then working on my DZ level then. Instead I followed the hints given by the gear vendor levels. This means leveling up to DZ10 whilst in the DZ 1-14 bracket, leveling to DZ30 in the 14-19 bracket and then 50 in the 20-29 bracket.

So far so good. :)

All that said, the rogue changes in the latest patch disappoint me a little, mostly just for being so unimaginative. The risk of going rogue has been shrunk by such a margin that the journey to 50 now feels much more like a standard MP level-up grind now rather than a real challenge.

I would have preferred to see Massive encourage people to take the risk of going rogue by increasing the reward rather than emasculating the risk.

Perhaps they could have added some aesthetically unique reward items specifically for rogues and rogue hunters, maybe these would only be available from select underground DZ vendors after spending x time rogue, surviving x number of manhunts, killing x number of rogues. Maybe you could even collect rogue and non-rogue scalps as an underground DZ currency.

Added bonus points if these scalps had some variability in value to reflect how they were obtained.

Perhaps a level 18 with a gear level of 100 who kills a level 19 rogue with a gear level of 110 (illustrative numbers only) gets a scalp worth more than if the same level 19 killed the same level 18 in a similar scenario.

They could really get quite creative with the algorithm to reflect even more granular things. Maybe killing a rogue at manhunt level would get you a higher value scalp than killing a level one rogue, perhaps when you go rogue the first non-hostile player you kill should have a very low scalp value [as you could have just shot them in the back for example] whereas subsequent kills would get you higher level scalps as the opposition players would, in theory at least, be more prepared for your attack. This could possibly even be used to balance group versus solo play, killing a solo player whilst in a group of four could get you a low value scalp but going up against another foursome would get you a higher value scalp.

It seems like it would even scale up to the level 30 zones where it appears the main balance complaint is that a fresh level 30 won't have anywhere near then gear score of a vet level 30 who has enough gaming time to spend grinding the proverbial out of the BK thing or whatever hot new exploit there is.

With a mechanic like this, balancing the weapons and stats themselves in the DZ potentially becomes a non-issue because you are instead trying to balance player decision making to encourage more naturally balanced encounters whilst still keeping the unique nature of the rogue mechanic.

Oh well, most folk seem pretty happy with the change (apart from the PvE mostly crowd) so I guess why over-complicate for what is, I assume from reading the comments in this thread, a pretty small niche of risk orientated players.

Still really at a loss at what I should be doing right now end game, which I've been at for about a week or so.

Sitting at 130dps, 62 health, and 14k skill. Hard mode is a breeze. I'm still wiping with any group I play with in CM in the first room.

Am I on the right track here? I feel like Hard missions are too easy and CM is still too hard. What should I be doing in the mean time to gear up? Trips in the DZ always end with lousy purples that I deconstruct. Haven't had a yellow drop yet. Should I be grinding my DZ level to 50 so I can buy some stuff?

Is there a faster way to get Phoenix credits? Am I limited to the two Hard dailies a day? That seems like it will take forever. What do I do after I get my Phoenix credits for the day?

Bosses both times. Chests have been just ugly with drops. We quit stopping for them all together.

This was in DZ03 or maybe 04. I'll have to check. It's the one with the large open middle for an extraction point, where a guy named Torch spawns. He's the one I popped the shotgun off of. The other was a guy named Short Fuse, I believe.

The short run we did took us through 5 or 6 named enemies, looping back on itself. With the increased spawn rates, by the time you got back to the extraction point, Torch would be back.

If only there were a way to extend your Extracted stash. Or to tend to it without leaving the DZ. (Put one in the safehouse, maybe?)

Animal! and i agree about the leaving DZ to clear stash, especially since you cant teleport into DZ like you were supposed to this patch.

Klyka

Banned
Is the incursion "set gear" going to be better than anything that we can get from the vendors or drop right now? ilvl 32?

we don't know.

I feel it will be "different" instead of outright better because otherwise there is no reason to do anything else than incursions.

also, as far as I understood, the patch will add "set items" to the entire world. but incursions will give a guaranteed set item on completion.
so like it is with challenge modes right now. you get high end items in the world but if you do a CM you get a guaranteed high end item.

kriskrosbbk

My favourite area to be honest ,last week my team and me we were circling,Kalkese,Refueling Station and that Exctraction point you just mentioned.No HE for me.

in MMOs that is what happens, except there are like 10 classses so at least there are 10 different sets of gear

There's also used to be different tiers of gear between difficulties. At least back in the days when WoW was actually good. So there was a normal set and high end set that looked and performed markedly different. Like you said though a big issue is lack of classes to make gear specific to classes for interesting and unique builds. That also kind of applies to the lack of enemy variation actually require anything other than just high DPS and some tankyness too. They need to add mechanics on bosses and even normal enemies that require specific weapon types or abilities etc.

I really have no idea how Massive is going to tackle alot of these issues given the extremely limiting scope of a Tom Clancy game. So many issues from diversity to mechanics stem from the setting.

Deku Tree

I don't mind the difficulty of Challenge mode. Actually I like it. And with a full good team it's mostly easy and fun, when you have the right strategy down.

But it's boring to run the same two CM missions over and over again. And it's a problem when two of the CM missions are much easier than the other two.

Why don't we have more CM missions to choose from?

Seems like the CM missions were designed with the same ideas in mind. But Warrengate has the timer part, and Russian consulate has all the rushing shotgunners in close quarters combat in small corridors plus the healers and the armored tanks.

The more wider open spaces in Lexington and Lincoln Tunnel (especially where most of sections where you can shoot from high up cover) make them much easer by comparison (especially to complete with MM).

I've gotten an HE item each time I've run General Assembly on hard (and enough purples to sent to my mule-alt to get enough blues to turn into yellows to roll a new Vector).

Easy loop. Rolled three Vectors tonight. One was okay-ish. Vicious, Destructive, and the stability trait (forget the name).

Also, that vendor M1A with the accuracy and stability buff shreds all five ilvl 31 MK17s I crafted. What a bummer. The 17 is just weaker all around. Bigger Clip, big whoop.
Are you running any scavenging mods while farming?

I am having the worst luck with HEs. I only have two in armor slots and keep getting dupes doing CM.

darkwing

I find that the M1A is the only usable sniper really. The slower firing snipers get a damage boost of maybe 20% over the M1A at the expense of 1/6th the fire rate. Then you have the MK17 that has a large clip but really you're pretty much never going to be allowed to be exposed long enough to fire it all off. One is None Talent more than makes up for it anyway.

I was hoping the heavy snipers would be more like snipers in Mass Effect 3's multiplayer. Small clip, slow rate of fire with heavy damage, that can pierce some cover and maybe has a bonus to breaking armor.

yeah, I have the SRS A1 , love the bolt action, less damage over time because of the reload and magazine size compared to the M1A, but still dat reload sound/animation

I would pick the Caduceus. 1200+ in damage is going to do you better each time you hit a target. Accuracy is one of the least important things in the game, it falsely bumps the DPS dramatically because the devs calculate you will hit targets more, but you won't, or at least not significantly.

Yeah, felt a bit like that when I was running around.

Might just use Cad for its base stats, and go for the gear I want, even if it means the Cad's talents aren't activated.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man I need high-end gloves and holster blueprints so it seems I gotta wait for the special gear vendor or get to level 50 in DZ.

Audioboxer

DZ seems to be dropping tons of blues for me :/

Maybe it's because I can only really manage 3~4 solo at 30. In DZ5 the enemies tend to shred my health a bit too quickly to survive.

Klyka

Banned
I don't mind the difficulty of Challenge mode. Actually I like it. And with a full good team it's mostly easy and fun, when you have the right strategy down.

But it's boring to run the same two CM missions over and over again. And it's a problem when two of the CM missions are much easier than the other two.

Why don't we have more CM missions to choose from?

Seems like the CM missions were designed with the same ideas in mind. But Warrengate has the timer part, and Russian consulate has all the rushing shotgunners in close quarters combat in small corridors plus the healers and the armored tanks.

The more wider open spaces in Lexington and Lincoln Tunnel (especially where most of sections where you can shoot from high up cover) make them much easer by comparison (especially to complete with MM).

May patch will add more challenge missions

So is the reward payoff actually worth it on the challenging dailies? The hard ones are fun but challenging is just back to the bullshit tier from Destiny's raids. I'd find it way more bearable if it wasn't for having to adapt the entire fight around Rambo with a shotgun.

At the same time though, I feel like I'm stuck with purples otherwise. I'm actually a little stumped where to go from here with the game to be honest since I've never encountered a yellow and the only one I did was purchased.

The shotgun guys in Challenging can just fuck off

The way they don't go from cover to cover, instead just running at you through endless bullets, is the only time I really agree with the bullet-sponge criticism

erawsd

There's also used to be different tiers of gear between difficulties. At least back in the days when WoW was actually good. So there was a normal set and high end set that looked and performed markedly different. Like you said though a big issue is lack of classes to make gear specific to classes for interesting and unique builds. That also kind of applies to the lack of enemy variation actually require anything other than just high DPS and some tankyness too. They need to add mechanics on bosses and even normal enemies that require specific weapon types or abilities etc.

I really have no idea how Massive is going to tackle alot of these issues given the extremely limiting scope of a Tom Clancy game. So many issues from diversity to mechanics stem from the setting.

Between the "bullet sponge" enemies and a bunch of healing, buffs, debuffs, and abilities that are basically magical and make no logical sense.. i think theyve given themselves enough of a disconnect from realism that the scope of what they can do shouldnt be that limited at all. Were not going to see space aliens, but this is a game where eating a candy bar suddenly makes it so that Im not longer on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom