• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 50% right now, i dont think it does anything.

It does actually. I do get drops a lot more frequently, but it can be anything really. Consumables, clothes, weapons or gear.

If you're unlucky that won't change anything about HE drops though. Got a friend who has played just as much as me, we do most activities together, and he got four yellow drops already. Me ? None.

RNG has been pretty good to me for crafting though.

Arrrammis

Does accuracy mean you don't have to wait for the circle to shrink (sniper)

Exactly. With high enough accuracy, you can pretty much just keep firing as fast as you can without losing accuracy(besides due to stability) because the reticle is zoomed back in by the time you fire. You still technically have to let it shrink, but you don't really notice because it shrinks in a fraction of a second.

Alucrid

Banned
hmm i dunno. maybe i'm just still burned out on the grind, but i'm not seeing a lot of motivation for going and grinding out high end gear at the moment. i guess the "raid" or whatever, but even then..eh

Naite

Ran into a group on a challenging mission stacking together multiple smart covers while huddled close together. Felt like normal or hard difficulty with how easily health was melting off and barely taking a scratch. Was consistently getting 200k damage on headshots with my m1a rifle and got 647k off a headshot kill. For comparison, I get 76,848 off a normal headshot and 114,727 with just my smart cover.

Beefy

Make everyone rogue. There's been an influx of people purposefully running in front of you when you're shooting someone.

Nah. Make it so until a person chooses to go rogue bullets don't hurt other players. So until a person holds down say R3 for 5 seconds they can't be hurt.

Oh my.... I'm in love with the HE Vector.

Crafted a roll with Fierce, Destructive, and Predatory. It shreds mercilessly.

KpPjrSe.jpg

hmm i dunno. maybe i'm just still burned out on the grind, but i'm not seeing a lot of motivation for going and grinding out high end gear at the moment. i guess the "raid" or whatever, but even then..eh

I was burned out from about 25-30 but as soon as I hit 30 and stated the daily's and doing challenge modes I was hooked. I'm feeding Phoenix credits into crafting and trying for a little better roll on everything it's awesome.

I've got the bug.

CHC

Did you guys max out you levels before going to the dark zone or does that not matter.

There's two "Dark Zone" instances. The non-max level one is safe to enter around level 10-12, and gets progressively higher level as you move north. Then once you hit 30 the whole Dark Zone becomes level 30 and it's full of rough max level enemies.

As you hit player level 30, the zoning is gone and you are able to explore the whole zone again, but with tougher enemies and better loot. Each of these subzones can be entered by either the aforementioned checkpoints or walls.

Hope that makes sense....?

There's two "Dark Zone" instances. The non-max level one is safe to enter around level 10-12, and gets progressively higher level as you move north. Then once you hit 30 the whole Dark Zone becomes level 30 and it's full of rough max level enemies.

Hope my explanation makes sense....?
Ah ok so if im low level i won't be placed with high level players? Thats all i was worried about.

Another question dont know if it can be answered im sure it varies, at what point did u start finding purple and so on

How can you get on the Platform exchange google doc?

Also, could someone from the Gaf Steam Community send me an invite? There are 7k of you so I'm assuming a few will show up in this thread :D

Steam - ChoklitCow
uplay - ChoklitCow

My friends are dropping like flies, and their FPS mentality towards this game is getting annoying having to revive them 24/7. I'd like to find some people to run things with, as I'm running into walls trying to do thing solo or in groups of 1-2.

Yeah, the stat displays/comparisons are buggy as hell (and there are similar issues with crafting as well). Relogging seems to be the most reliable way to fix it.

Awesome. Thanks. I just thought I was doing something wrong.

Ah ok so if im low level i won't be placed with high level players? Thats all i was worried about.

Another question dont know if it can be answered im sure it varies, at what point did u start finding purple and so on

I started finding them late 20's. There are two zones in the north east of the map that don't play a huge role in the story (I don't think there were actually story quests in those zones) and there are a good chunk of named bosses in the area. They drop purples frequently.

Yes, you won't.
There are several DZ brackets, level 1-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, and 30 if I'm not mistaken. You'll be placed in a zone appropriate to your character level (pve, not dz level).

You can find your first purples on the vendors starting at level 15 or so. You'll also get purple blueprints but they're somewhat rare. At level 25+, normal enemies started to drop purple loot for me, even the ones on the free roam.

I started finding them late 20's. There are two zones in the north east of the map that don't play a huge role in the story (I don't think there were actually story quests in those zones) and there are a good chunk of named bosses in the area. They drop purples frequently.
Much appreciated. I gotta say running this solo isn't as bad as i thought, but running with randoms is much better especially when they have mics

Alucrid

Banned
I was burned out from about 25-30 but as soon as I hit 30 and stated the daily's and doing challenge modes I was hooked. I'm feeding Phoenix credits into crafting and trying for a little better roll on everything it's awesome.

I've got the bug.

yeah. i think the fact that there's so many stats, but only one thing you can re-roll, which costs more phoenix credits, and increases (?) each time kinda puts me off. like, you have to really, really grind for decent gear since you can get perks that don't apply to your play style at all.

did my first bit of Dark Zone tonight...all I got out of it was a pair of pants because a group came up and basically one shotted me and took everything else I had...I'm sure my Green items will help them so much

ugh

Honestly, doing both is important. There are some solid purchaseable items for upwards of 400k credits. You also need a decent amount of crafting mats for end game crafting attempts.

From what i see, people in groups are able to fill a dz bag of purples quite quickly for you to get ~100k credits if you sell them.

With the way you get a good amount doing dailies and challenge, I'd probably deconstruct more often then selling though. You'll needs thebmats.

RaptorGTA

Simple questions:

Sell or deconstruct?

Buy from store or craft?

My personal opinion. Deconstruct with lower level gear...up to Level 18. Then start selling. I've crafted a few things that have helped out but recently (since level 20 to 24) I've been seeing and buying some nice gear from the vendors.

They need to work on the tuning of challenge missions. Have all yellow bars or all lvl 32s not both. Also having shotgun rikers that take you down in a couple shots chase after you without flinching like damn T-1000s is not fun.

Sarcasm

Anybody got groups on pc? I am in +8 time zone land and need a group, it is getting a bit lonely soloing everything.

Jeremy

I've been chugging through the missions and completely forgetting about the Dark Zone. I probably should experience it a tiny bit before I hit 30, I'm at 22 now. I feel like if I go in at 30 I'm gonna be way outdone.

Do suppressors effect any other stats?

Drac84

Does anyone know if the Police Up talent (25% chance to refill all ammo if you kill an enemy with a skill) applies to Turrets.

I deploy a turret in every battle, and that turret kills people (lots of people), and i've not once received full ammo.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I'm playing alone with some valuable drops in the Dark Zone and need to extract. Any tips? Lol

Basketball

I'm playing alone with some valuable drops in the Dark Zone and need to extract. Any tips? Lol

wait just until another player extract and run up

just 5 seconds before the line comes down or right then

Then get to a safe distance or get in cover..... AI mobs are more a problem tbh

bjaelke

Finally! A much better OT title.
You're welcome.
Does anyone know if the Police Up talent (25% chance to refill all ammo if you kill an enemy with a skill) applies to Turrets.

I deploy a turret in every battle, and that turret kills people (lots of people), and i've not once received full ammo.

It does. It will pop up over your head similar to when you loot a restock crate.

So I'm doing a Cleaner mission, the one where in Hudson Yard with the trains. I'm doing it, I'm at the last part, doing it normally, fighting martinez.

AND THEN FUCKING 'OUTSIDE PLAYABLE AREA' SHOWS UP, EVEN THOUGH I'M COMPLETELY FINE, AND RESETS ME TO A FUCKING SAFEHOUSE.

WHAT THE FUCK

FUCK YOU

BLunted

Banned
another full night for me and my friend no yellows. About 50 hours combined in the dz.

If you want yellows, better grinding out challenge modes. One guaranteed for completion, and sometimes another off the boss. Not to mention phoenix credits as well.

I don't even bother with DZ any more.

Olengie

Accidentally getting shot by an Agent in a room full of people and it becoming a big free for all is probably going to be the only PVP action I'll probably see in a long while. lol.

MoonGred

I've got the bug.

This is great to hear. I'm 26 now and starting to feel really worn out, the only thing keeping me going is doing the missions on hard, all the other single player stuff is starting to wear pretty thing. Guess I'll keep going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom