• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
wait just until another player extract and run up

just 5 seconds before the line comes down or right then

Then get to a safe distance or get in cover..... AI mobs are more a problem tbh
Thanks for the tips. Yeah, the mobs have killed me like 4 times now. Have managed to get my drops back every time but cutting it close.

Gator86

They need to make it you become Rogue after pressing a certain button.

Yup, it's an easy and obvious solution. The current mechanism is just dumb - it only encouraging griefing. Leave players vulnerable at all times, but let players decide when they want to go rogue. Keeps all the tension and surprise without any of the bullshit accidental rogues or people running in your line of fire constantly. No clue how they didn't realize this mechanic was broken during the beta.

void666

Banned
Did he had his "ultimate" turned on? The one from the security wing is just Op in pvp

Yes, i have to admit i saw the blue effect thing. Anyway i fought rogues twice today. And even if i shoot first it's like they barely take any damage while i'm downed so easily.

I know that's the point of the dark zone. But i'm really starting to not want to go there.

deoee

Yes, i have to admit i saw the blue effect thing. Anyway i fought rogues twice today. And even if i shoot first it's like they barely take any damage while i'm downed so easily.

I know that's the point of the dark zone. But i'm really starting to not want to go there.

They simply had getter gear or aim (headshots)

:(

axb2013

thedivision2016-03-1760syb.jpg

It's not working well for me, misjudged the value of HP over armor.

Teknoman

Looks like you run into people on your friends list when outside "lobby" areas? Regardless of if you're in the Dark Zone or not? I guess you wont hear too much proximity chat in the non DZ areas as well? havent seen any text chat or heard anything outside of groups yet.

Silvard

Wasted all my mats trying to get a HE muzzle with crit or crit damage. Got literally everything else multiple times.

Oh and just like that as the boss is about to die. What shits.

BwGXz8.png

Luckily I was always kicked just after the boss died and looted him.

Don't know what these guys are thinking, running around with someone for a good hour who helps you clear a mission most likely heals and revives some of the team and then they decide to fuck you over and kick you. Real shitty way to ruin someones fun.

Kemal86

Actually match made into a really group for today's Challenge. First time it didn't feel like smacking my head into a brick wall.

AND THEN....

a grenade explosion propelled me backwards through the elevator wall, stranding me out of bounds, permanently. Not even quitting the game and reloading fixed it. Had to quit the group to get teleported out of there :(

fr0st

Banned
Yesterday we had a great M1A and gloves that are top notch
You talking about the dz vendor? You need rank 30 for those right? Which he might not be yet.

Shamelessly stolen idea :

Do you walk left or right in the BoO decontamination area?
http://strawpoll.me/7103994
Was asked earlier and I roll to the right. You can roll at the last possible moment to save a second or two...not sure why it doesn't put you inside the BoO when fast traveling to it.

Tainted

Whatever happened with this feature?

The Base of Operations will have a DZ Funds Vendor that allows you to convert regular Credits (orange) into DZ Funds (purple). However, you will still need a DZ Rank to acquire these ranked based gear items and weapons.

I remember it being on the leaked list....guess it didn't make it to the final game, or am I missing something ?

So I picked up the HE Vector blueprint which says it has a 39 round mag, but when it was crafted it actually had 20 rounds. Glitch or just a bad roll?

p2s7x6K.jpg

finally hit 30 last night and stepped foot into the dz tonight. Hit 17 happy with my drops at the end of the night. Can't wait for more

Finished all the story missions (did them all on hard) and got to Level 30, maxed my Base of Operations and finalized a decent build for the dailies and challenge.

I had the Capuceus drop, which got my dps to 72k so I'm doing pretty well. It's a great named gun too!

Just have 2 last districts to clear entirely of encounters/side missions that I will finish up tomorrow before going into the dailies and dark zone for the first time.

I'm at the 56 hour mark.

oGrGOhX.jpg

deoee

Finished all the story missions (did them all on hard) and got to Level 30, maxed my Base of Operations and finalized a decent build for the dailies and challenge.

I had the Capuceus drop, which got my dps to 72k so I'm doing pretty well. It's a great named gun too!

Just have 2 last districts to clear entirely of encounters/side missions that I will finish up tomorrow before going into the dailies and dark zone for the first time.

I'm at the 56 hour mark.

Just a tip for everyone here pre 30 : you should have ventured to the DZ regularly on lower levels so that drops, chests and vendors still matter.
On lvl 30 its still fine but the flaws will surface after a while :|

Just a tip for everyone here pre 30 : you should have ventured to the DZ regularly on lower levels so that drops, chests and vendors still matter.

I guess?

It just seems like all the vendors were useless both in the light and dark zone. I never bought anything from them since it got outdated in an hour of playing and drops.

Would rather skip all the unnecessary vendor stuff until they're selling stuff for the max level to maximize builds.

Looking at my stats and gear above I think I've done fine not venturing into the DZ yet.

Game went all buggy on me tonight as I cannot call-in or use someone else's extraction. In fact, I cannot even see the animation or hear someone else call in an extraction. It just suddenly appears. Another thing is I can use weapons in any safe house.

deoee

I guess?

It just seems like all the vendors were useless both in the light and dark zone. I never bought anything from them since it got outdated in an hour of playing and drops.

Would rather skip all the unnecessary vendor stuff until they're selling stuff for the max level to maximize builds.

Looking at my stats and gear above I think I've done fine not venturing into the DZ yet.

I regularly bought stuff from vendors and even now at 30 there are still some items that da outclass yellow drops.

It's absolutely worth checking out a summary like on reddit or compare for yourself

Ketch

that's BS though because that's exactly what I did. except as soon as you hit dz10 then everything requires dz30. So you can either play light zone and lvl up to 30 and get the same level gear that you would off the elites in the DZ from doing missions and stuff, or you can waste a bunch of time ranking up to dz 30 before you hit lvl cap.

Going to dz early once you hit lvl 10 is smart. extract a bunch, grind to dz 10, buy dz loot. then only go back if you have a group or if you want to try your luck at maybe getting a lucky drop but it's probably more efficient to just run missions anyway.

kriskrosbbk

I still dont have any HE primary,but all I hear and read are they only four?Cadeceus,Liberator ,the BM AK and the Vector that everyone praising.Come on just these four?

KJRage

I have not bought the vector yet, but apparently it seems to be too beastly to pass up. I was torn on whether to buy gear mod blueprints or the vector, since I wasn't sure if I would have enough time to farm for all of the things I want. Any reason not to get a vector right now? I have just been rolling with Liberator and First Wave M1.

Afair mine all had 26 bullets
I restarted my game and sure enough it was a bug... the blueprint, that is. It now shows the correct value of 20 rounds per mag. Ugh. I wouldn't have bought it if that were the case - I thought I was about to double a 39 round mag on an SMG!
This thing better be as good as people say it is! Lol

Hzoltan69

I've only had a few hours with the game, playing the first few missions solo, but I'd love to continue the campaign in coop. Anybody here still below level 10, playing on PC who would like to team up? I'm in Europe, usually playing at night.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Dark zone is pretty good solo. I'd been sweeping the areas west of the DZ doing missions and collectibles (just playing it like a tomb raider game really..) and so I figured I'd try a change of pace.

Simply having other players running around makes a huge difference. Because of the PvP you'd get some eyeing each other up and being hesitant, but mostly people would cooperate in firefights against enemies.

I got killed by one rogue guy at an extraction, and then ran back there after respawning to find him hiding in some scaffolding and we had a firefight which I lost :). I then went back and during another extraction I saw him hanging around so I held back and watched to see what he would do. He went rogue so I attacked him, but others got caught in the crossfire so I turned rogue too and then others killed me.

Last time I saw him he bumped into me as I came out of the DZ checkpoint. that was an awkward moment. Lots of random emotes and circling around. Eventually he ran off.

Going to do the DZ more regularly now I think

deoee

I restarted my game and sure enough it was a bug... the blueprint, that is. It now shows the correct value of 20 rounds per mag. Ugh. I wouldn't have bought it if that were the case - I thought I was about to double a 39 round mag on an SMG!
This thing better be as good as people say it is! Lol

It really shreds in CQC but that's all.
Sucks at medium ranges (at least my roll) so I mainly use it against shotgunners on challenge.

I still dont have any HE primary,but all I hear and read are they only four?Cadeceus,Liberator ,the BM AK and the Vector that everyone praising.Come on just these four?

I have the Vector, Pakhan, Liberator, and Damascus High Ends and love all of them.

Liberator and Vector combo with a strong Marksman's Rifle just a few button presses/clicks away is pretty hard to beat. Throw in the Pakhan for good measure and you're good to go for most situations.

deoee

that's BS though because that's exactly what I did. except as soon as you hit dz10 then everything requires dz30. So you can either play light zone and lvl up to 30 and get the same level gear that you would off the elites in the DZ from doing missions and stuff, or you can waste a bunch of time ranking up to dz 30 before you hit lvl cap.

Going to dz early once you hit lvl 10 is smart. extract a bunch, grind to dz 10, buy dz loot. then only go back if you have a group or if you want to try your luck at maybe getting a lucky drop but it's probably more efficient to just run missions anyway.

Yeah everything needs DZ rank 30 but you can achieve that. I think the developers meant that level to be for people who regularly venture into the DZ while leveling.
Sadly this does not happen because of several reasons that were discussed already :D

Also it really stopped me from getting into DZ because I was a few lvls (2 or 3 ) ahead of my friends so we could not get into the same bracket :[

Does anyone else have the skill kill trophy not unlocking? On the uplay page it says I've killed 110 enemies with skills but the trophy only needs 50 😢

Looking for a second opinion: Is this game worth playing without being online?

If by without being online you mean not connected to the Internet at all then no, it wouldn't even be possible.

If you mean without engaging in any form of the multiplayer then I'd still probably say no, it's much better played with others even though you can solo the story content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom