• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Fuck sake. Some reason I've respawned inside the DZ06 even though last night I logged off at BoO.

I can hear a shit load of shooting just outside a since I know that is an area where loads of 32s spawn.

Ducktail

I used to run solo DZ before the patch and had alot of fun, but not anymore, griefers and scmbags everywhere after the recent Rogue rewards buff. I wouldn't even care for the DZ if it weren't for the fact that some of the ilvl31 blueprints are not available in the BoO and only obtainable through the DZ06 safehouse after you grind your way to lvl50. Massive really screwed up the ballance with the recent patch. PvP? More like PvA, player versus assholes.

I haven't been able to play the game since the update came out... does anybody else share this feeling?

I was really looking forward the changes, as my cousin and I love going rogue.

Fuck sake. Some reason I've respawned inside the DZ06 even though last night I logged off at BoO.

I can hear a shit load of shooting just outside a since I know that is an area where loads of 32s spawn.

Get ready to go out guns blazing and body thrashing by putting on some music that will get you pumped.

I suggest Caribbean Queen by Billy Ocean.

k1t4j

upstairs at base of operations tech wing there is a guy (you have to have upgraded that part but you probably have)

Go upstairs to the skills area and it's a vendor to the left of the computer where you buy spend skill credits. Also next to the vendor is the re calibration station.

The vendor is next to the recalibration station, and for what to buy, the vector is a really good smg, but it costs 150 Phoenix credits so you would have to get a few more (although I think a lot of the better weapons he sells costs more than what you have), and I can't say from experience, but I've heard a lot of good things about the liberator and the AK, which are AR's.

Smh, feel so silly should have checked my base properly. Thanks a lot guys. appreciated

DZ03 and DZ06 if memory serves me right.

Be sure to check out the Bryant Park area then, it's pretty easy to navigate and there is plenty of loot to be had ;)

I know right? Was my farming spot at lv 19 and 24 DZ. I haven't tried it since I hit 30 but man those tunnels were awesome.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

rip

Dz3 is Bryant park. Pretty big subway area underneath with a couple dz chests and named enemies above and below.

Dz5/6 is the pit (we call it the mall, because it is one), and there's a massive underground maze with stuff, and enemies and dz chests on the fringes.

There's some insanely cool areas the higher north you go.
That's Rockefeller Center. It's where Kevin McCallister reunites with his mom at the end of Home Alone 2. :p
Edit: oh yeah and the Nintendo store is there too. I guess that would be more noteworthy for GAF.

I haven't been able to play the game since the update came out... does anybody else share this feeling?

I was really looking forward the changes, as my cousin and I love going rogue.

It's way more brutal now. I hardly ever saw rogues before, now I see them all the time. Not that I'm complaining, I love it.

Namikaze1

Same thing happened to me. I ran straight for the nearest checkpoint to get out. Was scared by the shooting outside but when I went out, shit was quiet.

Whizkid7

That's Rockefeller Center. It's where Kevin McCallister reunites with his mom at the end of Home Alone 2. :p
Edit: oh yeah and the Nintendo store is there too. I guess that would be more noteworthy for GAF.

...I need to start running more DZ so I can check these out. I love seeing how the game portrays these areas I spend so much time in real life in.

ISOM

There was a level 82 guy roaming the DZ awhile ago. One shotted my entire group and looked like he was just trolling for fun. Yeah Massive is going to have to fix this imbalance.

Medicated

Neo Member
It's way more brutal now. I hardly ever saw rogues before, now I see them all the time. Not that I'm complaining, I love it.

Something exciting about having to watch anyone not in your group. Extracting and having a standoff just staring each other down waiting for someone to make a wrong move so you can put them down.

LiK

Doing Dark Zone solo is too tense for me. It sucked cuz there were two Rogues ambushing an Extraction zone I wanted to get to. Fuckers.

Definity

Run up on an extraction zone and see a gold just sitting there. We pick it up and enter a firefight with the agents that dropped it once they respawned. Was some fun stuff. They didn't even hesitate when they got back to the extraction zone. Opened fire immediately.

Nice reference hahaha

I survived. ;D

Successkid.jpg

Doing Dark Zone solo is too tense for me. It sucked cuz there were two Rogues ambushing an Extraction zone I wanted to get to. Fuckers.

>:]

deadduck

If they are close but not ontop of the extract I would call for a chopper then escape to a higher DZ and call in another elsewhere.

Axial

I think the opposite I am having far more fun in the DZ since the patch. Quite a rush to hit manhunt and manage to survive since I don't lose like 2 levels if I fail now.
Good for ya, really nice to know that some people finaly can have their fun at the expense of others.
I ran into four seperate groups of rogues yesterday attacking people on sight and camping DZ entrances. Didn't even had any loot on me each time they killed me, lost keys and DZ credits aswell as XP that way. I don't have a problem with PvP nor rogues per se, but with the current ballance. If there's 24 people connected to an instance, and you encounter atleast four seperate groups of rogue agents, that means there's at the very best 8 people left to counter them. The rewards for going PvP should be scaled based on current numbers of players in an instance being rogue vs non-rogue. The more rogues you have running around the DZ less XP they should get for killing other players, and vice versa. If rogues are in a minority they should get more rewards and less punishment if they get hunted down by other players.

LiK

If they are close but not ontop of the extract I would call for a chopper then escape to a higher DZ and call in another elsewhere.

I stayed away. One guy was just trying to snipe me. I ran to another one. I was hoping some other random players I ran across would try to kill them and I would join them but they were not interested.

...I need to start running more DZ so I can check these out. I love seeing how the game portrays these areas I spend so much time in real life in.
Oh yeah, totally. I'm the only NYer in my group of PS4 friends so I was something of a tour guide for them in this game lol.
I was really impressed with the underground Rockefeller mall, though. Took me like a minute to realize where we were walking through but when it hit me.. kudos Massive.
Nice reference hahaha
I figured it's a reference that everyone would know. :p

Trojan

I don't like that players are using the pvp aspect of a pvp zone.

I think it's more about how the pvp fights are going down -getting shot in the back usually, massive stat disparities, need to have a full group to fight back effectively, etc.

I personally think it makes it exciting, but I can definitely see how people would find it frustrating. It's super imbalanced, which is the point, but it's not for everyone.

Medicated

Neo Member
Good for ya, really nice to know that some people finaly can have their fun at the expense of others.
I ran into four seperate groups of rogues yesterday attacking people on sight and camping DZ entrances. Didn't even had any loot on me each time they killed me, lost keys and DZ credits aswell as XP that way. I don't have a problem with PvP nor rogues per se, but with the current ballance. If there's 24 people connected to an instance, and you encounter atleast four seperate groups of rogue agents, that means there's at the very best 8 people left to counter them. The rewards for going PvP should be scaled based on current numbers of players in an instance being rogue vs non-rogue. The more rogues you have running around the DZ less XP they should get for killing other players, and vice versa. If rogues are in a minority they should get more rewards and less punishment if they get hunted down by other players.

Issue is the DZ is created for PVP encounters and getting loot. If you choose to run it solo know that you will be an easy target for others such as myself I always put down solo players. It is supposed to be a risky place not a place where we can just run laps killing the same named boss/looting chests without fear of dying.

Also with all the server transfers I keep seeing might be a pain to balance XP and whatnot based on how many Rogues there are in a server.

HelloMeow

Massive's balance is pretty screwed up, but the DZ changes were actually for the better. No one was going rogue before, might as well have been mostly PvE.

That would be fine if it the game didn't match up players with good gear with players with meh gear. I want to like PVP in this game, but it's just not fair in a lot of cases. I've been getting some better gear and now I'm killing newer players. It not my idea of having fun.

But asking for better matchmaking is just us being salty, right?

LiK

I'll try to be on tonight. Hopefully I'll have better luck getting into a group to do CM or DZ with you guys. I need better gear drops. Also, if you guys are still doing Story missions on Hard, feel free to invite me.

fuzzyset

I've yet to test it in CM, but I put together my gear so that I could activate the talents of the Caduceus. Holy cow. I'm not sure if it's "better", but it's a lot of fun playing. Self-preserved + "kill while moving for 30% DR" is great for solo play.

I asked this last night, but it wouldn't hurt to ask again.

Is the high-end backpack bug still an issue, or was that patched out? I crafted a firearms bag last night, and I'm concerned if I should just dump it or not.

Trigonx

I am at 122 scavenging and had 3 HE gear mods drop in an hour in the DZ, must have been luck because my other 3 group members didn't get any HE. Also had 6 HE division tech drop for me from chests and named guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom