• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am at 122 scavenging and had 3 HE gear mods drop in an hour in the DZ, must have been luck because my other 3 group members didn't get any HE. Also had 6 HE division tech drop for me from chests and named guys
I get a lot of gold div tech every dark zone run. I think it's from both the global increase of the patch + my scavenging.

How do I know I have "150 Gear"?

I guess right nwo you have to add the gear score of all your gear.

But i assume everyone has 150 as there are 9? slots and each piece is ilvl 30 or 31. Assuming 30.

Main 30
Secondary 30
Sidearm 30
Chest 30
Mask 30
Backpack 30
Gloves 30
holster 30
knee pads 30

= 270 gear score? I have no idea how it works actually.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I forgot to refill all my mod slots with high-ends on challenge mode. Still wrecked it. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Axial

If you choose to run it solo know that you will be an easy target for others such as myself I always put down solo players. It is supposed to be a risky place not a place where we can just run laps killing the same named boss/looting chests without fear of dying.
I don't have a problem with solo rogues, most of these people are piss easy to kill and have no skill at all, the only thing they're good at is bragging online and telling other people to 'git gud', so it's even more satisfying to gun them down like the scrubs they are.
The problem I have is ballancing because at it's current state the DZ will be dead in a matter of weeks and only people left playing it will be the the ones going rogue all the time.leaving them with other rogue players in a constant state of free for all deathmatch. That's certainly not PvP nor how that portion of the game was advertised as.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I guess right nwo you have to add the gear score of all your gear.

But i assume everyone has 150 as there are 9? slots and each piece is ilvl 30 or 31. Assuming 30.

Main 30
Secondary 30
Sidearm 30
Chest 30
Mask 30
Backpack 30
Gloves 30
holster 30
knee pads 30

= 270 gear score? I have no idea how it works actually.

That's definitely not how it works. All level 30 gear is ilvl 30/31 right? Everyone at level 30 would have the proper gear score then to do the raids, which would mean that gearing up for incursions wouldn't matter because any old green would suffice. Maybe that's true, but that would be super disappointing.

Getting wrecked solo in this game hah. Really need to learn to hide behind cover more. Had fun last night though, just finished the mission where you take back your base and made it to level 5. Probably dive in this weekend and really get into it.

That would be fine if it the game didn't match up players with good gear with players with meh gear. I want to like PVP in this game, but it's just not fair in a lot of cases. I've been getting some better gear and now I'm killing newer players. It not my idea of having fun.

But asking for better matchmaking is just us being salty, right?

The entire point is that you don't know what other Agents are capable of both in action and gear. Matchmaking based on gear and rogue status and all this other stuff would effectively kill that element of the DZ entirely.

Sure, a few people would feel like it was more balanced but then you'd have to account for things like gear switching once already in server and then there's the fact that some players are just better. They pop their Ults, use consumables, and coordinate better with party members. So what then?

You'd also have less situations like this one from The Division subreddit where people bite off quite a bit more than they can chew.

I don't have a problem with solo rogues, most of these people are piss easy to kill and have no skill at all, the only thing they're good at is bragging online and telling other people to 'git gud', so it's even more satisfying to gun them down like the scrubs they are.
The problem I have is ballancing because at it's current state the DZ will be dead in a matter of weeks and only people left playing it will be the the ones going rogue all the time.leaving them with other rogue players in a constant state of free for all deathmatch. That's certainly not PvP nor how that portion of the game was advertised as.
So what's your solution just having a Dusk Zone where no one can shoot at each other?

Axial

So what's your solution just having a Dusk Zone where no one can shoot at each other?
Really?
The rewards for going PvP should be scaled based on current numbers of players in an instance being rogue vs non-rogue. The more rogues you have running around the DZ less XP they should get for killing other players, and vice versa. If rogues are in a minority they should get more rewards and less punishment if they get hunted down by other players.

Liamc723

That's definitely not how it works. All level 30 gear is ilvl 30/31 right? Everyone at level 30 would have the proper gear score then to do the raids, which would mean that gearing up for incursions wouldn't matter because any old green would suffice. Maybe that's true, but that would be super disappointing.

There's no way that'll be how it works.

I assume we'll be able to see our gear score in a patch closer to the release of the operation.

Kane1345

Quoting myself to see if anyone can help :)

When you craft a high end piece of gear eg. Electronics Knee Pads, it places 2 question marks for stamina and firearms as well. Does this mean there's a chance it can roll 1 or both of those stats additionally when you craft the piece?

The rewards for going PvP should be scaled based on current numbers of players in an instance being rogue vs non-rogue. The more rogues you have running around the DZ less XP they should get for killing other players, and vice versa. If rogues are in a minority they should get more rewards and less punishment if they get hunted down by other players.
This isn't a solution.

fuzzyset

The entire point is that you don't know what other Agents are capable of both in action and gear. Matchmaking based on gear and rogue status and all this other stuff would effectively kill that element of the DZ entirely.

Sure, a few people would feel like it was more balanced but then you'd have to account for things like gear switching once already in server and then there's the fact that some players are just better. They pop their Ults, use consumables, and coordinate better with party members. So what then?

You'd also have less situations like this one from The Division subreddit where people bite off quite a bit more than they can chew.

Man, they really need to learn about survivor link.

commish

Does The Division have a web portal or site to look at your current guns/mods/etc like that other game that starts with D?

It's lightyears behind Destiny in that regard. If this game had a companion app like Destiny did, that would be perfect. Why can't I manage my inventory and vault from my phone? It's 2016!

So before the Special Weapons vendor reset tomorrow, anything I should make sure I have?

I have already purchased blueprints for the HE firearms mod, HE extended mag, and some armor blueprints (mask, knee pads, backpack). Didn't get the vector cause happy with my Cad and purple M1A combo.

sajj316

It's lightyears behind Destiny in that regard. If this game had a companion app like Destiny did, that would be perfect. Why can't I manage my inventory and vault from my phone? It's 2016!

That sucks. Had a Midas drop last night (my first high end) and just wanted to see what the base stats were. Wanted to know if mine had hair trigger. Yes, crazy that a major online game doesn't have that .. in 2016!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

jorlol.gif

This is rich. Just cooking up some breakfast and I was going to add some salt for flavor, but this has already given me all the sodium I need for today. Thanks.

IIRC, Destiny didn't have that for a while either. It almost makes sense that it's a part of their (Massive) backlog as they had other priorities to work on prior to the release. I'm sure it it's in their backlog but it would have been REALLY nice to have at release.

CHC

Man I love this game but there is so much more they could have done in terms of variety. I'd love to see fights against an APC, a helicopter, or something like that. I'd love some missions with more flexible goals and opportunities for a coop party to split up and work in tandem. I'd love more gear and outfits - where are the berets, the shearling bomber jackets, the big-ass bomb squad style armor, or the ultralight carbon fiber vests and arm guards?

I'm having so much fun with the game, but I can't help but imagine all the other stuff they could have fit in within the somewhat realistic context they're established.

commish

IIRC, Destiny didn't have that for a while either. It almost makes sense that it's a part of their (Massive) backlog as they had other priorities to work on prior to the release. I'm sure it it's in their backlog but it would have been REALLY nice to have at release.

True, but you could still see your gear online or through the app, I believe at launch. And I know other games have that functionality as well. Why can't they give me something to do while at work!

Care to explain why?

Because it presumes that people go rogue for the XP rewards. The reason we see more rogues right now isn't the buff to rewards, but the nerf to the risk. Scaling the reward won't be a disincentive. There's also no way of knowing exactly how many rogues are out there and giving a way of knowing seems counter to the idea of the DZ in the first place.

I'd personally like to see armor mitigation go up when taking player damage. I'd like the lethality toned down so that the firefights are longer and we start to see strategy evolve further than "burn the other guy down as quickly as possible." The use of Skills would start to be highlighted more, positioning and spatial become king.

The other side to this would be that it gives the solo player more of a chance to duck down into the subway, cut through the open building, lose sight with a scaffold, and otherwise adapt.

Anything that moves the DZ back into the direction of grazing NPCs like cattle is a step in the wrong direction, IMO. Not just death but the fear of death needs to be ever-present.

Vitor711

Met my first cheater on PC yesterday - dude was on a roof by the top-left extraction zone and could not be killed. Had 3 guys shooting him with incendiaries and his health would drop to 0 and then go straight back up. Dude used no abilities other than the damage reduction one and definitely didn't have that many healthpacks...

Either he had God-tier equipment or was straight up hacking.

jorlol.gif

This is rich. Just cooking up some breakfast and I was going to add some salt for flavor, but this has already given me all the sodium I need for today. Thanks.
I don't have a problem with rogues. Just rogues who kill me.

Care to explain why?
I'd guess that 95-99% of all players going rogue aren't doing it for XP gains and loot. They are going rogue to sow seeds of chaos and just to have fun.

Going rogue is fun. It's by design. A full instance flirting with and then descending into chaos is far more interesting than a full instance of players passing flowers and puppies around.

Forgive all the noobish questions but can you enter the Dark Zone before max level? Is that beneficial? I suppose the game might explain this later as I progress, just curious.

commish

Forgive all the noobish questions but can you enter the Dark Zone before max level? Is that beneficial? I suppose the game might explain this later as I progress, just curious.

Yes, it's separated into different tiers by level. You can go in any time you want. I would wait until about level 10 though. You can still get gear and rank up, so there are benefits to be had... but you'll still want to farm at level 30, so I wouldn't spend all day there. That said, I was rank 30 in DZ when I dinged level 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom