• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Frost

I've done DZ with a team, it's fun as hell. But I prefer running solo, I love the feeling of being alone and the survival aspect of the game gets to shine.

I did that yesterday while getting my final points to reach level 50 (while the team was engaged in a fight) and yes, that aspect of the game shines as well. And reaching the Church for the special DZ vendor, alone, trying to survive the mobs is thrilling as well. That is the good thing about the DZ, it is quite special and unique, no game has something like that, and has something for everyone. Love the update so much.

Deku Tree

Played DZ06 for like over two hours last night. GG everybody! Went up 3.5 DZ ranks.

In that time period we didn't see a single other player, or group in DZ06. Does nobody go to DZ06?

I got an HE chest piece from yesterday's CM.

It's Firearms-based, with lots of armor, and the Reckless talent (+12.5% damage dealt, +10% damage received.)

My question is: is the 10% received that noticeable? My initial reaction was "Ugh" but the 12.5% dealt might make this thing worth it.

I noticed that the 12.5% was not reflected in my DPS. Since I'm over 100k, it would have added at least 12,500 damage to it. Instead, my DPS went up the standard amount that would happen when equipping a Firearms chest over a Stamina chest.

Tenck

I just solo'd a boss, and now I'm surrounded by 6 rogue players. Luckily they don't know I'm here, but they're just camping the area, so I can't leave. And I have some really good loot :(

Played DZ06 for like over two hours last night. GG everybody! Went up 3.5 DZ ranks.

In that time period we didn't see a single other player, or group in DZ06. Does nobody go to DZ06?

Does anyone know what the player numbers are per instance for a dark zone?

My team ran around the middle extraction area yesterday and other than a team of high level rogues we avoided there really wasn't any other agents i can remember.

erawsd

Did the devs say it will actually be nerfed though :(

Maaaaaaaan

Haven't seen them directly reference the vector but they did say during the "state of the game" that they were looking at data on which guns, skills, and talents were the most used and deciding whether those need a nerf.

Does anyone know what the player numbers are per instance for a dark zone?

My team ran around the middle extraction area yesterday and other than a team of high level rogues we avoided there really wasn't any other agents i can remember.

Just today I saw a group of rogue players camping the extraction zone in DZ06 a couple of hours ago. I don't head much into the DZ so I don't know how common it is (I hope not very, thats the extraction I'm missing)

I, personally, don't really touch it. When I'm solo, it's too risky for me to deal with, since I'm not geared to the hilt yet. When I'm in groups, people like to run quick circuits for farming HE DT or drops.

I'd love to get a group together that just wants to start at one side of DZ06 and just sweep the entire place. In fact, it'd be cool to do that with the entire DZ. Start at the top and work our way down. Go rogue / kill rogues as the mood arises.

Haven't seen them directly reference the vector but they did say during the "state of the game" that they were looking at data on which guns, skills, and talents were the most used and deciding whether those need a nerf.

I don't know that there's a skill that I would consider needing a nerf. Maybe the Ballistic Shield? But even then, you have to sort of gear for it to make it effective. Possibly Smart Cover, just because it's hard not to roll with it as is.

There are skills that need a buff, though. The turret especially. It just doesn't have a chance in CMs and is easily avoidable in the DZ and as easily destroyed, especially when shooting from Smart Cover.

Mobile Cover could use some love. Right now, I just don't know why I'd roll with it. That could just be ignorance on my part, so if anyone rolls with it and loves it, tell me why!

Recovery Link for the signature skill is just plain out-classed in every way by the other two. Tactical Link is a killer for CMs. Survivor Link is my go-to in DZs. There was a manhunt going on where two rogues camped on a rooftop accessible by ropes, somewhere in maybe DZ02. They would blast people as they came up and were mostly defenseless. So I popped Survivor, climbed the rope, took a series of bullets in the face while the animation was waiting to let me shoot, then unloaded a Vector clip into one at point-blank range. Add a self-heal to it that let me hit overheal, and I was able to use cover to kill the second one.

Matt Frost

I got an HE chest piece from yesterday's CM.

It's Firearms-based, with lots of armor, and the Reckless talent (+12.5% damage dealt, +10% damage received.)

My question is: is the 10% received that noticeable? My initial reaction was "Ugh" but the 12.5% dealt might make this thing worth it.

I noticed that the 12.5% was not reflected in my DPS. Since I'm over 100k, it would have added at least 12,500 damage to it. Instead, my DPS went up the standard amount that would happen when equipping a Firearms chest over a Stamina chest.

I use it, and the 10% is deduced from the 12,5 so in the end is the same as before and you do a 2,5 more damage. I like it too

Dz06 is always empty. I think People are starting to learn how great DZ03 extraction and subway area are. I've seen more players there since the update. But it looks like a majority stay rouging up dz01 and 02 since it's easy to hide.

Cowards.

Finally got my first yellows (2) in the DZ last night after 60 hours so the patch worked!

Both were deconstructed but the fact that they actually CAN drop makes it a lot more interesting. One was off a DZ chest the other off a named boss in DZ04

Dz06 is always empty. I think People are starting to learn how great DZ03 extraction and subway area are. I've seen more players there since the update. But it looks like a majority stay rouging up dz01 and 02 since it's easy to hide.
Cowards.

When soloing i do dz03 but dz04-06 have way less players and the mobs are always up. With at least 2 people you can clear them really fast. Also the zones are so much cooler.

Matt Frost

Is the best place when I go solo and they are a lot of rogues, no one goes there.. just need to be a little extra careful. Is like the whole place for me

Once you have a grenade primed and ready to throw, is there a way to cancel it?

I occasionally accidentally press left on the D-Pad and don't know how to cancel it, so I just have to run around with it until I can use it.

finlaybob

Neo Member
I dun goofed, and am now at level 30 but only DZ 15

Last night solo in the DZ I saw no other players for a good 3 hours which has never happened in the past, and any and all loot was around lvl 25-26. Did I somehow get segregated into a weird bracket due to the wildly differing level/rank?

I also have only 3 friends right now and all are DZ30-50...

I'm on PC/Uplay as finbob, feel free to add me, I need more pals!

FeD.nL

DZ05 extraction is the easiest for a solo player. Also running chests in 05/06 is what I'm doing, basically have a bag full of purple's in 2/3 minutes.

I dun goofed, and am now at level 30 but only DZ 15

Last night solo in the DZ I saw no other players for a good 3 hours which has never happened in the past, and any and all loot was around lvl 25-26. Did I somehow get segregated into a weird bracket due to the wildly differing level/rank?

I also have only 3 friends right now and all are DZ30-50...

I'm on PC/Uplay as finbob, feel free to add me, I need more pals!

I think you broke the game, DZ level doesnt affect anything except what you can buy as far as I know. You should only be getting level 30 drops and it will be the same zone as any other level 30 in your server. Unless I am mistaken.

Audioboxer

Is the best place when I go solo and they are a lot of rogues, no one goes there.. just need to be a little extra careful. Is like the whole place for me

DZ05 extraction is the easiest for a solo player. Also running chests in 05/06 is what I'm doing, basically have a bag full of purple's in 2/3 minutes.

When I try to go into 5 and 6 I get killed too easily :( What abilities and skills are you guys running with when solo?

Maybe I need a sniper rifle again for long range picking off.

mid83

Thanks for the help earlier guys. One more question, how is this compared to Destiny? Destiny was a big disappointment for me and that's the one fear I have about picking this game up.

Thanks for the help earlier guys. One more question, how is this compared to Destiny? Destiny was a big disappointment for me and that's the one fear I have about picking this game up.

Division lacks a raid, dedicated PvP, unique loot in looks/overt abilities, and the movement probably isn't as interesting. However, the matchmaking options, world design, and campaign (unfufilling as it is so far to me) are far better.

I really like/love both games though and still in that honeymoon phase with The Division.

I guess it depends on what disappointed you in Destiny.

noomi

you know where the good shit is?

underneath Bryant Park and underneath Times Square, chests and named bosses a plenty.

erawsd

The last few Virus scana areas are huge. Wonder if they'll do anything with those areas in the future, seems like a waste to just use them for for a minigame.

k1t4j

Guys, what can I purchase with my phonic creds and where do I do it.

I hit 30 late last night and after the dailies think I have around 130 of them. But I haven's seen a vendor that takes these.

I hit 30 late last night and after the dailies think I have around 130 of them. But I haven's seen a vendor that takes these.

upstairs at base of operations tech wing there is a guy (you have to have upgraded that part but you probably have)

lt519

Go upstairs to the skills area and it's a vendor to the left of the computer where you buy spend skill credits. Also next to the vendor is the re calibration station.

Hagi

This is bullshit my privacy is set to friends only and trying to change it crashes the game. Matchmaking crashes the game. Friend invites crashes the game. All I want to do is have some fun with randoms in the DZ.

The vendor is next to the recalibration station, and for what to buy, the vector is a really good smg, but it costs 150 Phoenix credits so you would have to get a few more (although I think a lot of the better weapons he sells costs more than what you have), and I can't say from experience, but I've heard a lot of good things about the liberator and the AK, which are AR's.

Axial

I've done DZ with a team, it's fun as hell. But I prefer running solo, I love the feeling of being alone and the survival aspect of the game gets to shine.
I used to run solo DZ before the patch and had alot of fun, but not anymore, griefers and scmbags everywhere after the recent Rogue rewards buff. I wouldn't even care for the DZ if it weren't for the fact that some of the ilvl31 blueprints are not available in the BoO and only obtainable through the DZ06 safehouse after you grind your way to lvl50. Massive really screwed up the ballance with the recent patch. PvP? More like PvA, player versus assholes.

Medicated

Neo Member
I used to run solo DZ before the patch and had alot of fun, but not anymore, griefers and scmbags everywhere after the recent Rogue rewards buff. I wouldn't even care for the DZ if it weren't for the fact that some of the ilvl31 blueprints are not available in the BoO and only obtainable through the DZ06 safehouse after you grind your way to lvl50. Massive really screwed up the ballance with the recent patch. PvP? More like PvA, player versus assholes.

I think the opposite I am having far more fun in the DZ since the patch. Quite a rush to hit manhunt and manage to survive since I don't lose like 2 levels if I fail now.

Bizazedo

Massive's balance is pretty screwed up, but the DZ changes were actually for the better. No one was going rogue before, might as well have been mostly PvE.

What DZ is that in?
Dz3 is Bryant park. Pretty big subway area underneath with a couple dz chests and named enemies above and below.

Dz5/6 is the pit (we call it the mall, because it is one), and there's a massive underground maze with stuff, and enemies and dz chests on the fringes.

There's some insanely cool areas the higher north you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom