• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanboi

Banned
I have to say that the VoIP is superb in this game.

In the dark zone when you are in a team, can other players hear you talking if they are in range?

deoee

Left mouse button does the trick.

image.php

What else do we expect from Incursion DLC except loot trading and gear sets.New areas,new missions?

im hoping for more missions and a new game type which is raid like .

I feel like the map is pretty huge it just needs more stuff (more random events)

Also hoping for more echos to add to the setting

J-Rzez

Figured I'd try out Midas tonight for a little. Not a bad gun at all. Must have been crazy OP with that Skilled talent before they nerfed it. It's still pretty strong after all.

deadduck

Yeah I don't really get why they don't make every mission available as challenge mode :|

I imagine theres some balancing issues and extra work done on spawns. There's quite a few more waves and weight of enemies in challenge, so I'd say there's quite a bit of work to do to get it right.

Hopefully we can get some more with incursion update.

I'd also like to see the difficulty ramped up in DZ05/DZ06 but with more PhC for boss kills. It's a bit sparce and small up there... It's almost like they are funnelling us into another area.

Shane

Hit 30 last night. Tonight it's time to hit 30 in the DZ.

The soundtrack and lighting design are probably my two favourite things. Those three soft synth hits when you walk into the base of operations is absolutely sessions.

Shane

What else do we expect from Incursion DLC except loot trading and gear sets.New areas,new missions?

The trailer said it'd introduce the first Incursion mission. It didn't say anything about a new area (that is mentioned for DLC 1 & 2 if I interpreted it correctly).

Xanathus

Got pretty good gear and decided to solo it in DZ. What a huge waste of time, I could kill enemies easily but the problem is that groups could just sweep and farm all the spots much faster than I can do it solo to the point that all of the enemy locations are empty. I feel like there needs to be way more spawn points or have some way for people to not spend 90% of the time in the DZ just running.

faer0n

Finally got to lvl30yesterday. Reached it during the last Wing Mission and did the last Mission first as a lvl30 on hard with a random. The end fight dropped 3or 4 purples and a yellow Armor. Notbad.gif

The 2 Dailies on hard havn't been too hard with two randoms. But the first fight of the daily cm kicked our asses. I doubt we killed more than 1 or 2 of them...

Does the PC vendor change his inventory tomorrow? I won't be able to get enough PC for a weapon. Should I just get the mag Blueprint?

deadduck

Is the Pakhan worth it for 460k?

There's literally nothing else to spend credits on, apart from blue parts. In which case it's 100x more efficient to:

1) get a new character to lvl6
2) transfer unwanted gear from main to stash
3) change to lvl6 char
4) get stuff out and sell it
5) buy cheap blue parts
6) put blue parts in stash
7) change back to main char
8) dismantle blues for parts

Xanathus

I notice that Division has the same problems as Diablo 3 did when it first launched where the endgame is unfinished. They have the same issues like how some lower rarity weapons are much stronger than the highest rarity items, and there's not really anything meaningful to do at the end. I bet all the players who've spent over a hundred hours farming gear are going to have to refarm it again when set items are released.

There's literally nothing else to spend credits on, apart from blue parts. In which case it's 100x more efficient to:

1) get a new character to lvl6
2) transfer unwanted gear from main to stash
3) change to lvl6 char
4) get stuff out and sell it
5) buy cheap blue parts
6) put blue parts in stash
7) change back to main char
8) dismantle blues for parts

Might try that out, thanks.

Ugh need a break from the Lexington event center mission.

So far I got my dps to 162k and hp to 49k. Still need a firearm chest piece and a mod slot.

Paertan

Are "encounters" re-occurring or finite? If they're re-occurring i'll just do them as I come across them.

They are finite. Would love for them to be randomly re-occurring. Doing them multiple times could just award you with material instead supplies.

Pachimari

What is the highest level my character can go?

I really like my character and the visuals look stunning on my PC, but that intro with him closing the door made me laugh.

Alpende

So I joined DivisionGaf, how exactly do I matchmake with members specifically from DivisionGaf?

On the community page go to something like 'Ongoing gaming sessions' (press L1 or L2) and usually there are plenty of people with a party you can openly join.

The only issue I have is that you cannot see the level of the player you're joining on the community page. Kind of holds me back from using it because I don't want to waste time joining people and seeing that they are level 30 while I'm level 15.

Klyka

Banned
They do say the free update will have "much more" so we'll see what that is!

I am looking forward to next week when we get more info

Hamish seemed very excited

TheBear

I'm just hit level 8 and have some questions:

- should I bother with crafting or buying weapons at this level? Seems like anything I buy will just be useless after a few more levels

- when should I hit the DZ? Tried it out and got murdered by AI

- what should I be focusing on to improve my level/base? Are encounters worth while or are they just a diversion

- where do the best drops happen?

Cheers!

FeD.nL

I notice that Division has the same problems as Diablo 3 did when it first launched where the endgame is unfinished. They have the same issues like how some lower rarity weapons are much stronger than the highest rarity items, and there's not really anything meaningful to do at the end. I bet all the players who've spent over a hundred hours farming gear are going to have to refarm it again when set items are released.

Yeah I agree.

I do wonder what the set bonus is going to be. Hopefully something that other people can see. And since it's a Last Man Battalion incursion something high tech.

Like a small drone that flies next to you that has different properties based on the signature skill you currently have equipped.

Medical: Your drone initiates your health regeneration immediately upon taking damage
Tech: Your drone shoots a stun bullet at your current target every 10 seconds
Security: Your drone disarms an enemy grenade (15 second cooldown)

WITHE1982

Tried CM for the first time last night with randoms (lexington). I've not long hit level 30 so gear isn't that great (no HE at all). We managed to get to the 2nd checkpoint but got wrecked by shotgunners. First wave isn't too bad but 2nd is a nightmare.

I should have enough PC for the Vector or AK47 tonight so my next run may not be such a disaster. How are people getting their HE gear? Is it just a case of grinding for PC to buy blueprints or are DZ drops a viable option?

Game seems to have bottlenecked somewhat for me. I'm in a loop of doing dailies for 30PC and DZ for only a handfull every hour. At this rate it's going it'll be a week or more before CM is doable for me.

deoee

They do say the free update will have "much more" so we'll see what that is!

I am looking forward to next week when we get more info

Hamish seemed very excited

Yap he was hyped af but could not talk openly about it.

On the other hand - developers are always hyped as fuck for their stuff :D

Klyka

Banned
Tried CM for the first time last night with randoms (lexington). I've not long hit level 30 so gear isn't that great (no HE at all). We managed to get to the 2nd checkpoint but got wrecked by shotgunners. First wave isn't too bad but 2nd is a nightmare.

I should have enough PC for the Vector or AK47 tonight so my next run may not be such a disaster. How are people getting their HE gear? Is it just a case of grinding for PC to buy blueprints or are DZ drops a viable option?

Game seems to have bottlenecked somewhat for me. I'm in a loop of doing dailies for 30PC and DZ for only a handfull every hour. At this rate it's going it'll be a week or more before CM is doable for me.

Are you in full pruples?

If not, run "General Assembly" for mad purples till your stats are proper

you want about 70k+ DPS, 45k+ health and 15k+ skill power

Yap he was hyped af but could not talk openly about it.

On the other hand - developers are always hyped as fuck for their stuff :D

haha true, he does need to sell it to us

i do feel that Massive's updates will have decent amounts of content in them though
the way their tools allow them to make stuff quickly kinda speaks for that and I hope they won't let me down

noomi

After last nights DZ run I'm sitting at around 83K DPS and 45K Stam, want to get that up but it seems that even the DZ drops are now worse then a lot of the gear I have equipped.

Will continues doing missions for gears and phoenix credits meanwhile. The loot chase continues.

G_Berry

Banned
Yeah but did they have fun? Yes.

WITHE1982

Are you in full pruples?

If not, run "General Assembly" for mad purples till your stats are proper

you want about 70k+ DPS, 45k+ health and 15k+ skill power

Couple of blues left. I found a few purples to replace them but stats were trash so just stuck with the blues.

I think running General Assembly a few times is a good idea. I couple of people got HE drops from it so here's hoping RNGesus is smiling on me.

Currently 80K DPS (primary) 48K (secondary) + 62K health. I think my skill power is only 12K ish.

Klyka

Banned
Couple of blues left. I found a few purples to replace them but stats were trash so just stuck with the blues.

I think running General Assembly a few times is a good idea. I couple of people got HE drops from it so here's hoping RNGesus is smiling on me.

Currently 80K DPS (primary) 48K (secondary) + 62K health. I think my skill power is only 12K ish.

with those stats you should have absolutely no problem beating CM modes

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I think I hit the perfect balance between all three stats. I could reduce my health to 45k and get 170k dps though but for cm missions, this is a great build. Just spam smart cover with your friends and melt enemies in seconds xD

Smart cover is so broken if three people on your team use it along with the Tech Support talent which increases skill duration by 10% if you kill someone while the skill is active. Lexington CM can be done in like 10 mins now.

CdvoRtIUIAEITM-.jpg:large

WITHE1982

with those stats you should have absolutely no problem ebating CM modes

I just seemed to be taking nothing off the lvl 32 shotgunners. I emptied a full mag into one and only took half his armour away. I must be doing something wrong TBH.

I've watched a lot of vids of people just shredding them with roughly the same DPS as I have.

Shane

I'm just hit level 8 and have some questions:

- should I bother with crafting or buying weapons at this level? Seems like anything I buy will just be useless after a few more levels

- when should I hit the DZ? Tried it out and got murdered by AI

- what should I be focusing on to improve my level/base? Are encounters worth while or are they just a diversion

- where do the best drops happen?

Cheers!

1) I'd save the crafting items for later (break down items when you can). And yes, as a loot based game anything you but will most likely be replaceable in a few hours time. Nature of the design. Shops can be useful for pluggin temporary gaps (I grabbed an awesome holster that did me good for five hours).

2) There is a mission that introduces you to the DZ. It's either level 8 or 10. Also notice on the map that the DZ is split into sections. The further north you go/enter the higher the level bracket. The mission starts you at the most southern door.

3) Medical is decent as you can increase your filter level to access more areas.Apart from that, see what skills you want and go from there. Unless you really like weapon skins and then the supply line in Security will other you one daily for purchase.
Encounters are worth it for the base building points.

4) Varies as there's loot randomisation. I got some great purple drops in street encounters last night. But that's a rarity. Usually deeper into the DZ you go the better drops. Blueprints are also useful later on.

Edit: I can't recall right now but pretty sure one base unlock gives you +% XP. Get that one early on.

noomi

I think I hit the perfect balance between all three stats. I could reduce my health to 45k and get 170k dps though but for cm missions, this is a great build. Just spam smart cover with your friends and melt enemies in seconds xD

Smart cover is so broken if three people on your team use it along with the Tech Support talent which increases skill duration by 10% if you kill someone while the skill is active. Lexington CM can be done in like 10 mins now.

CdvoRtIUIAEITM-.jpg:large

Oh man, those stats. Going to be a while before I get close to that.

Nice to see someone else wearing a trapper hat, last night in the DZ I was way more excited to get a white trapper hat vs the 20+ legendaries.

deoee

Oh man, those stats. Going to be a while before I get close to that.

Nice to see someone else wearing a trapper hat, last night in the DZ I was way more excited to get a white trapper hat vs the 20+ legendaries.

Somehow the hat always reminds me of:

screen-shot-2012-12-22-at-11-50-18-am.png

Sitting at work and all I think about is what I will do in the game in the evening. Not that healthy when I am so hooked on a game 😄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom