• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1t4j

The Vector is a good SMG BP because you can keep rolling until you get the talents you want. Like maybe you are a tank, so you can roll until you get the healing on crit talent. Or maybe you want to just stack crit chance/crit damage (my Vector without mods has a 50% crit chance). You could replace it with the MP5 BP you get in the Dark Zone, but the requirement of division tech means you won't have as many chances to roll it.

I don't know about the Pakhan, but there's a LMG BP as well that you could consider.

Nice, will give it a shot tonight then, I could probably get my scavenging skill up pretty high.... but... at the cost of serious chunk of stamina and dps :/

You can't go wrong with the vector, it's just an overall great weapon. The only other thing I would recommend would be the high end mag, and perhaps any sort of armor that you would find useful to your playstyle.

If you chasing high DPS number, you want the vector and even the black market AK. Both can roll some really great talents.

As long as you've been dismantling weapons and not selling them for credits you should have more than enough to craft a few yellows. :)

Thanks a lot guys, much appreciated.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
This is a DivisionFashionGAF question, has anybody ever found some black slim jeans?

This is my biggest problem in the game at the moment, I need some black jeans to 'complete my look' :D.

spyder_ur

So the best place to farm DT is DZ06? Is that possible doing solo at all?

There is a ton up in DZ06 especially on the very top street, but it's pretty hard to do solo. You may be able to get to some of the nodes but if solo it might not be that efficient.

Personally, I think the 'best' way to get Division Tech is to equip scavenging. I was getting a ton yesterday at about 107 scavenging. Even from unnamed mobs.

JohnCYQ

Praise RNGsus:
ecXTgyh.jpg

(from Lexington CM)

Hjod

Banned
It is for the most part with a good build and abilities. It will go very slow though and you will probably be going back to safe houses too much to restock.

Ok, yeah I guess. Maybe better to run around in DZ03-04 cause the bosses and mobs there drops DT too.

spyder_ur

Has anyone bought the (named) HE marksman rifle in the DZ06 vendor? How is it?

Looking for a HE marksman - I got a HE SCAR-H yesterday and I'm pretty underwhelmed.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ok, yeah I guess. Maybe better to run around in DZ03-04 cause the bosses and mobs there drops DT too.

If I'm solo I prefer DZ3-4. It's not fun fighting 32s solo. You CAN do it, but it's pretty slow.

My problem is relatively seasoned players with good gear going up against relatively new players with bad gear. I don't see what item level has to do with this. It's the stats that count. It's just the 5th time I say this.

So then you don't understand how builds work then? Because you can't just say "it's the stats!" as the stats don't mean shit without contextualizing them together. And you want the game to detect that automatically?

The only difference between fresh 30s and experienced 30's outside of ilevel is experience. Fresh 30's typically have full or nearly fully purple loadouts. They're not hurting for "stats."

You can't use more than one loadout. You can't use three assault rifles. You can't use more than one body armor. What I'm saying is look at the best possible loadout.

Yes, you can use more than one loadout. The game freely allows you to switch weapons and items on the fly, even in combat if you want to. I carry an AR, SMG, Marksman, Shotgun, and LMG so that I can switch to whatever I feel like or feel is appropriate. You could also reasonably carry two Marksmen rifles since they're two archetypes. I regularly carry two pieces of gear for certain slots depending on what the bonuses are. I don't need or want Scavenging, for example, on my gear when I'm fighting other players.
You get to see their DZ rank, which often is more than enough to tell whether you were up against someone who has been playing the game significantly longer. It doesn't tell you whether they had superior gear, but come on. What are the odds a player with a DZ rank of 70+ doesn't have twice the stats of someone who just joined the party?

How many people who've been reporting getting demolished by guys with better gear have reported what the DZ Rank was? I've seen it listed in those kinds of stories maybe twice. People don't particularly pay attention to details like that. Just as they don't pay attention to using or the use of the Signature Skill or Ammo Types. The gearing reports are overblown.

noomi

This is a DivisionFashionGAF question, has anybody ever found some black slim jeans?

This is my biggest problem in the game at the moment, I need some black jeans to 'complete my look' :D.

Yes :)

My guy:

He so sexy. Wearing Modern Slim Jacket, Modern Slim Jeans, Suede Sneakers, White Trapper Hat, Rogue Shirt (I think?).

Have also added a white shermgah (I think that's how you spell it...), which is a nice short scarf :)

Hjod

Banned
If I'm solo I prefer DZ3-4. It's not fun fighting 32s solo. You CAN do it, but it's pretty slow.

Ok, I guess I'll do the rounds after I get home from the movies (watching Batman vs Supes). And if I see you I'll run the other direction haha.

JohnCYQ

Yes, you can use more than one loadout. The game freely allows you to switch weapons and items on the fly, even in combat if you want to. I carry an AR, SMG, Marksman, Shotgun, and LMG so that I can switch to whatever I feel like or feel is appropriate. You could also reasonably carry two Marksmen rifles since they're two archetypes. I regularly carry two pieces of gear for certain slots depending on what the bonuses are. I don't need or want Scavenging, for example, on my gear when I'm fighting other players.

Considering that you seem to be speaking about DZ...

Who in the right mind would bring other weapons into DZ unless they don't mind losing it? Oh hey, I'm using M1A and Vector, lets bring along my well rolled AK so that I can change guns while I'm inside!

And then you die and drop that AK (or Vector or M1A, depending on which wasn't equipped).

Yea no.

Hjod

Banned

Who in the right mind would bring other weapons into DZ unless they don't mind losing it? Oh hey, I'm using M1A and Vector, lets bring along my well rolled AK so that I can change guns while I'm inside!

And then you die and drop that AK (or Vector or M1A, depending on which wasn't equipped).

Yea no.

Wait, I thought you only dropped things from the yellow bag/contaminated items not your inventory?

Haha, what's your PSN? I will join you in the farming :)

It's the same as my GAF-name :).

commish

Yea no.

You don't drop your items when you die. You only drop the items you picked up in the DZ itself but haven't extracted yet. Man I WISH people would drop their equipped items. That would be fun times :p

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Yes :)

My guy:

He so sexy. Wearing Modern Slim Jacket, Modern Slim Jeans, Suede Sneakers, White Trapper Hat, Rogue Short (I think?).

Have also added a white shermgah (I think that's how you spell it...), which is a nice short scarf :)

I am so jealous... I would trade all my guns for this pair of pants, I kid you not (incl. Pakhan, ACP, BMAK.... ) lol.

Well, time to go handing out more canned food and medkits, I need some black jeans stat!

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
You don't drop your items when you die. You only drop the items you picked up in the DZ itself but haven't extracted yet. Man I WISH people would drop their equipped items. That would be fun times :p

I'm pretty glad we don't drop inventory items... it would murder so much of me if someone took all my pretties.... would be fun for the victor though :D

noomi

I am so jealous... I would trade all my guns for this pair of pants, I kid you not (incl. Pakhan, ACP, BMAK.... ) lol.

Well, time to go handing out more canned food and medkits, I need some black jeans stat!

Pre-Nerf Midas and you've got a deal!

Ugh, I mean I took the screenshot a while back. Sorry... lots of distractions here right now... I really should be working....

nah :p

Yea no.

That's not how it works. You will only drop items you haven't extracted. You also only drop up to 3 at a time.

commish

I'm pretty glad we don't drop inventory items... it would murder so much of me if someone took all my pretties.... would be fun for the victor though :D

There was an MMORPG where dying meant you dropped your shit. That's totally awesome/terrifying.

Yea no.

As has been pointed out, you don't drop items from your Inventory. You only drop stuff you've picked up while in the DZ.

Suede Sneakers I believe

Thank you.

noomi

when do you play these days? i need a DZ partner.

Normally I'm able to hop on for a few hours after 7PM EST, but sadly I'm never able to stay on late because I need to be up at 4:30AM every day :( In a few weeks all my gaming time will probably become non existent due to noomi jr. arriving in April :D

I actually can't even remember the last time I've seen you online on my friends list, we must constantly be missing each other.

HelloMeow

You can carry more in your inventory, but you can't equip them at the same time. Right? So the game could, hypothetically, figure out what kind of stats the items you're carrying could possibly add up to?

So you wouldn't be able to game the system in order to pick on players with significantly worse gear.

spyder_ur

There was an MMORPG where dying meant you dropped your shit. That's totally awesome/terrifying.

Honestly, part of me wonders if they should have just went for it and made the whole map with DZ rules. They'd have to tweak it a bit obviously, but it would have been bold. The rest of the map is so uneventful and boring after you clear it. No reason at all not to just fast travel.

They built this incredible detailed overworld with nothing to do in it after you're 30. DZ is the only area that feels the least bit dynamic and active.

LiK

Normally I'm able to hop on for a few hours after 7PM EST, but sadly I'm never able to stay on late because I need to be up at 4:30AM every day :( In a few weeks all my gaming time will probably become non existent due to noomi jr. arriving in April :D

April?! that means i'll never see you again.

congrats

JohnCYQ

Wait, I thought you only dropped things from the yellow bag/contaminated items not your inventory?

It's the same as my GAF-name :).

That's not how it works. You will only drop items you haven't extracted. You also only drop up to 3 at a time.

As has been pointed out, you don't drop items from your Inventory. You only drop stuff you've picked up while in the DZ.

Thank you.

Fuck my memory then, I remembered dropping one of my inventory guns back in lvl 25-29 DZ and it was why I never ever entered DZ without an empty bag again.

This changes things.

You can carry more in your inventory, but you can't equip them at the same time. Right? So the game could, hypothetically, figure out what kind of stats the items you're carrying could possibly add up to?

So you wouldn't be able to game the system in order to pick on players with significantly worse gear.

You want an automated system to pick through the inventory of every player entering the DZ, then calculate the stats and how they add up in every permutation and then matchmake based on that?

If Devs were capable of doing anything like this, then there'd be no incidents where skills, perks, etc.. combine to be OP. And those combos have far less permutations than the various stat combinations in a loot game where 99% of the stats on the gear is rng.

Leyasu

Banned
Anyone running the high end muzzle blueprint that the vendor sells upstairs at BoO?

Didn't seem to work well for me. :(
Yeah I have crafted quite a few of them. Infact, I have one on every gun.

Good thing about blueprints, once you have them, you can use them as often as possible.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Not necessarily. Since everyone moves at the same speed, unless this guy is running away from you in a straight line, you can very easily give someone the slip if you know your way in and out of buildings or go down into the sewers.

Which is one of the few advantages that rogue players get. Why should they take that away by giving the hunters more information?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Rogue players can't run anymore. They have to stand there and let other people kill them. It's only fair.

derp, I forgot about that rule

---

This is one of the few games out there lacking an "easy mode". Stop trying to water down the challenge. It's perfectly possible to overcome the challenge, it just requires effort and practice.

Lima

Not necessarily. Since everyone moves at the same speed, unless this guy is running away from you in a straight line, you can very easily give someone the slip if you know your way in and out of buildings or go down into the sewers.

Pop incendiary rounds, hit him once while he is running with a sniper. Now he is on fire and you can catch up since you can't run while you are under status effects.

Hjod

Banned
Pop incendiary rounds, hit him once while he is running with a sniper. Now he is on fire and you can catch up since you can't run while you are under status effects.

Eat a snickers, you're not yourself when you're on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom