• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Sorry Zorbs no room.

FMdplfX.gif

Can somebody please post a picture of your character wearing a Slouchy?
I'm not home and somebody wants to see what it looks like. Thanks!

3liZ2bk.png

I'll try hitting up your party after I clear out the daily missions later tonight.

If we have a spot open then you're definitely welcome to join us! We always try to roll with 4 so it's first come first served usually for general stuff, but some of our friends don't like to do rogue stuff so anyone who wants to toss caution to the wind gets a priority exception haha.

Nice, I had a HE drop (ilvl 30 though), and never really gave it a chance since the DPS on the vector was bit higher for me. Guess I'll have it take it out of my stash and give it a second look tonight.

The dps numbers aren't always going to tell the whole story of how useful or efficient one weapon will be against another. Best way to check it out is hit up the firing range in your BoO and see what you like the feel of the best vs what kind of damage it puts out.

The vector might hit a little harder, but you'll be reloading twice as many times, which in some cases, is a matter of life and death. :p

lt519

So is LMG DPS just typically way lower than something like an SMG? I'm talking like 30k. I got a HE one last night and after modding it all up and putting on LMG gloves I was still about 30k short of the SMG. The LMG had all sorts of crit hit/chance bonuses too. Did I just get shafted on the base damage roll of it? Or is it the slower rate of fire that really just bogs it down as a pure DPS machine?

JohnCYQ

So is LMG DPS just typically way lower than something like an SMG? I'm talking like 30k. I got a HE one last night and after modding it all up and putting on LMG gloves I was still about 30k short of the SMG. The LMG had all sorts of crit hit/chance bonuses too. Did I just get shafted on the base damage roll of it? Or is it the slower rate of fire that really just bogs it down as a pure DPS machine?

You go SMGs for pure DPS, ARs for DPS with longer range, M1A for sniping.

LMGs are typically for suppression fire.

Iceman829

If we have a spot open then you're definitely welcome to join us! We always try to roll with 4 so it's first come first served usually for general stuff, but some of our friends don't like to do rogue stuff so anyone who wants to toss caution to the wind gets a priority exception haha.

I understand. I'll probably stick to farming some more DZ unless I see you guys are down a man. I'm still working my way to 50 to empty out the DZ vendors stock

Sorry Zorbs no room.

That's a very high class elevator right there. They put a tree inside it

I feel like I am hitting a wall...

I am sitting at 130k DPS, 63k Health and 17k Skill.

I have bought tons of HE blueprints from the BoO vendor and have completed tons of Challenging missions for HE gear and my stats haven't improved at all. I crafted about 8 HE weapon mods and gear mods last night and ALL OF THEM were worse than the purple ones I already had equipped.

Where the fuck are people getting the mods and such that help get them to such a high level?

If the answer is grinding the Dark Zone then I am likely done with this game. I had 1000 PC that I spent at the BoO and NOTHING I crafted from all the blueprints I bought were better than what I already had equipped.

I just don't know what else to do at this point? Will the Dark Zone drop the items I am looking for? Do I need to just keep grinding Challenge missions?

What the hell am I missing here?!@!

I'm in the SAME EXACT spot man and it's frustrating. I've re-rolled my level 31 HE mask twice now and still don't have crit damage on it.

The only two gear pieces that I don't have in level 31 HE are holster and chest and neither are available at BOO. So I guess it's to rank 50 in the DZ.

I think me and you are at a good foundational position, but getting to that top level is all level 31 gear and each piece of gear needs to have very good rolls on.

spyder_ur

How hard is the Tunnel in CM? As a fresh 30 does it make sense to try or should I just run Lexington a few times?

As a fresh 30 you probably shouldn't be running either one of them.

Running the last mission a few times on hard seems to be a good first step, or go to the DZ.

Hzoltan69

Tunnel is as "easy" as Lexington is imho, but as a fresh 30 it might be fresh hell haha.

As a fresh 30 you probably shouldn't be running either one of them.

Running the last mission a few times on hard seems to be a good first step, or go to the DZ.

You can make it easier on yourself during the bomb defusal section leave an enemy alive and wait out the timer. Less enemies you guys have to kill

Thanks. I ran Lexington a twice yesterday, seemed pretty straightforward. Might have been lucky with the groups, though... :)

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Holy shitz. Critical hit damage stacked on all mod slots x6 on pulsed enemies lol.

OOOPH! I love it. I wasn't even sure the game had em. I'll be hunting tonight!
If I don't find one by the time item trading comes out next month- I'll be hitting you up! lol

If your on Xbox you can have it. :D

JohnCYQ

Someone tried to take me down with a LMG last night. Didn't go so well for them lol.

I mean the the Pakhan is pretty decent for a PVE LMG for like Lexington CMs, especially with the pretty large clip size compared to Vectors. But that's sustained fire, which doesn't really do shit in PvP.

Troblin

Can someone tell me where and what lvl I can buy blue performance mods?

The vendor in the base of operations has blue armor, weapons, weapon mods, but I can't seem to find the PMods anywhere.

Thanks

Dr.Acula

Banned
Maybe I'm dumb, but what does Armour do? I don't really see it added together out there anywhere, so it's a little trickier to try and balance. I'm at level 10 and doing 10s of thousands in dmg, but only have 100 some-odd armour. So is it better to have +300 DPS or +6 armour?

Also, how does it tie into health? Is 100 points of health like 1 armour or what?

Seriously? You craft a level 31 holster with only 2 attributes wasting 3 DT? Fuck you, game. Fuck you fuck you fuck you. It's like they had a daily meeting to come up with more ways to fuck you out of your time.

noomi

Maybe I'm dumb, but what does Armour do? I don't really see it added together out there anywhere, so it's a little trickier to try and balance. I'm at level 10 and doing 10s of thousands in dmg, but only have 100 some-odd armour. So is it better to have +300 DPS or +6 armour?

Mitigates damage from enemies, if you go to the character screen and scroll down a bit you will see the exact value.

I had a hard time finding it the first time as well :)

Hey,

Im only a level 27 but would love some people to try the dark zone with. Im on PS4 and my PSN ID is bobs_99 if anyone fancies some games?

I actually noticed Dark zone 6 was pretty empty but was too scared to venture too far forward alone!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Also, how does it tie into health? Is 100 points of health like 1 armour or what?

At level 10, I wouldn't worry about it. You'll replace it soon enough anyway. There's a great post on reddit explaining armor and how it works. I'll try to find it.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Sorry guys meant to say armour attributes not mods but yea mods can give critical hit chance or damage as well.

Is everyone rerolling for critical damage?

I've been lucky that attributes I didn't want always offered pulse critical hit damage as replacements.

So my armours have Critical Hit Damage plus 8% Pulse Critical Hit Damage on each piece. The crit goes around 50% up on pulsed enemies.

Edit: So many stats show Crit Damage is at 60% but that doesn't include pulse so with pulse included it goes to 110%?

Dr.Acula

Banned
At level 10, I wouldn't worry about it. You'll replace it soon enough anyway. There's a great post on reddit explaining armor and how it works. I'll try to find it.

Thx.

I'm changing items on the reg because i'm still leveling, but there are so many stats in this game it's really confusing. This is worse than any CRPG I've ever played lol.

I hate how it shows your DPS as a combination of all your weapon slots, it makes it hard to compare. I get that you can press a button to do direct compare, but once you start adding mods, and all that... plus weapons from different categories show up, and arrgh ;)

I kinda dig it though. Best $0.01 I ever spent.

Leyasu

Banned
I've been lucky that attributes I didn't want always offered pulse critical hit damage as replacements.

So my armours have Critical Hit Damage plus 8% Pulse Critical Hit Damage on each piece. So the crit goes around 50% up on pulsed enemies.

Damn lol. I will see what stock is in the refresh over the weekend before rerolling.

wurzle

Neo Member
Can someone tell me where and what lvl I can buy blue performance mods?

The vendor in the base of operations has blue armor, weapons, weapon mods, but I can't seem to find the PMods anywhere.

Thanks

The gear mod vendor in the BoO started stocking blue quality gear mods as soon as I hit level 10.

Kadin

Is there an easy way to see what type of Support Station another player is using (or rather the mod they're using within it)? I use the one with free ammo-reload and sometimes I'll see others drop theirs and can't easily tell if it's the same. If theirs is the same, I'd just assume change mine to the status effects negated mod but I'm not sure if there's a visual way to tell. Any ideas?

edit: I think I just answered my question... you can see other people's skills in the bottom right corner, right? And that I think shows the various mods used.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Everyone with these high DPS/Stam stats and all the best HE loot... and I'm just like

dGiCsL6.gif

Seriously though, can I have some good gloves already lol

Do Lexington on challenge. Good group even match made can do it in 15 minutes. I got really good H-E glove and holsters yesterday.

Is there an easy way to see what type of Support Station another player is using (or rather the mod they're using within it)? I use the one with free ammo-reload and sometimes I'll see others drop theirs and can't easily tell if it's the same. If theirs is the same, I'd just assume change mine to the status effects negated mod but I'm not sure if there's a visual way to tell. Any ideas?

edit: I think I just answered my question... you can see other people's skills in the bottom right corner, right? And that I think shows the various mods used.

Yup bottom right hand corner will show the different emblems depending on the mod used.

Damn lol. I will see what stock is in the refresh over the weekend before rerolling.

Calibrate dude. You playing tonight? Maybe we could get an 8 man group together into the DZ.

noomi

Ok guys, Lexington CM it is. Will try tonight with randoms. Can you farm them or is it a daily thing?

Lexington challenge is always available

Do Lexington on challenge. Good group even match made can do it in 15 minutes. I got really good H-E glove and holsters yesterday.

Yeah, seems like this is what I'm going to end up doing. By the end of the week I'm going to hate Lexington though :|

Anyone doing DZ as 30? I need to do the rest of the DZ trophies. Kill named guys and extract stuff. I have avoided the DZ like the dollar flu till now.

PSN CthulhuSars

Iceman829

Ok guys, Lexington CM it is. Will try tonight with randoms. Can you farm them or is it a daily thing?

You can complete 2 missions on hard difficulty for a 1 time 15 pcred bonus (15*2 = 30 total)
You can complete 1 mission on challenge difficulty for a 1 time 20 bonus pcred award

Challenge missions can be complete as often as you like for a 30 pcred bonus plus 1 HE drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom