• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

red731

Small arms fire!

Small arms fire!

Someone send help to me.

Match made players are terrible.

Not all of them, but many are, yes.
Bad mathmaked group and you are
hHzsIxU.jpg

mid83

Having a ton of fun so far. I didn't keep up with any pre release hype or info on this game. Is Ubisoft planning to support this for a while with new content since its being marketed as a MMO like game? I sure hope so.

See the group I'm playing was telling me that health > armor and I felt like I was being lied too lol. I guess I'm going to start changing things around.

I think most tank builds are focusing on health and skill power. Might be wrong.

High health but low skillpower means your healing skills and talents only heal a fraction of your health when used.

But yeah Ruth if you can help me out rebuilding my base stats tonight like give me some ideas for it that'll be great.

Focus on armor and resistances over health. 70-80k health is more than enough imo.

CRA5H

Seriously, kicked right after beating the boss. I fucking hate MM sometimes. They really gotta do something about this.

Frenden

Banned
I haven't optimized for it ala Ruthless, but I have ~45% damage mitigation and ~80k health and survive all but the greediest engagements it seems. Unless I do something dumb, CMs are pretty survivable.

How much mitigation is possible/do you have, Ruth? I wonder how much better I could roll things.

Olengie

Thanks for the help JTF. Your assistance allowed me to survive. You guys are really great at hiding behind cover or shooting at the enemy once every few seconds.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'm having some issues with completely black menu screens. Or the main menu anyway. I can see my cursor and hear sounds, but no buttons are visible. I can with random button mashing start up the intro.

Some guides how to fix this mentioned disabling game overlay (I have the Uplay version), and pressing Alt+Enter. This did not fix my issues. I run this game under the Microsoft Basic Render Driver.

Has anyone else here experienced this?

Not always IMO. Armor basically gives you a percentage of extra health. If your health is too low then a high percent more could be not that much.

Armor mitigates damage. It caps at 65% I believe.

If you can tank 65% of the incoming damage, then your health value is really not very important. It depends on the enemy type: armor > health always when facing elites, named enemies and other players.

Imagine this scenario:

The named enemy hits you for 100k damage.

You have 60k health but 4k armor, that mitigates 60% damage.
You will absorb 60k damage, and left with 20k health.
Healing back from 20k to 60k will be faster.

You have 100k health but 2k armor, that mitigates 30% damage.
You will absorb 30k damage, but left with 30k health.
Healing back from 30k to 100k will be a lot slower.

Assuming that the second build has a low electronics score due to high stamina, your healing will be less effective.

I haven't optimized for it ala Ruthless, but I have ~45% damage mitigation and ~80k health and survive all but the greediest engagements it seems. Unless I do something dumb, CMs are pretty survivable.

How much mitigation is possible/do you have, Ruth? I wonder how much better I could roll things.

45% is low, I'm at 50% myself but aiming to optimize for 60% at least. 65% is the cap I believe.

It was a lot easier to survive earlier when I had 50k health but 60% mitigation. Currently at 75k health but only 50% mitigation, and I go down faster.

Even a 5% armor mitigation is a massive boost.

If you can tank 65% of the incoming damage, then your health value is really not very important. It depends on the enemy type: armor > health always when facing elites, named enemies and other players.

Imagine this scenario:

Healing back to 30k to 100k will be a lot slower.

Assuming that the second build has a low electronics score due to high stamina, your healing will less effective.

I don't want to think this much about a game =\

Matty8787

Rösti;199145716 said:
I'm having some issues with completely black menu screens. Or the main menu anyway. I can see my cursor and hear sounds, but no buttons are visible. I can with random button mashing start up the intro.

Some guides how to fix this mentioned disabling game overlay (I have the Uplay version), and pressing Alt+Enter. This did not fix my issues. I run this game under the Microsoft Basic Render Driver.

Has anyone else here experienced this?

Hey! Go into your documents and find the GFXSettings.Rogue_x64 and open it with notepad.

Then change either one of these:

from
<OPTION Name="Windowed" Registered="True" Type="Bool" Value="false"
to
<OPTION Name="Windowed" Registered="True" Type="Bool" Value="true"

Or the File "state"
from
"windowed = false"
to
"windowed = true"

The game with launch windowed then, or the Alt + Enter will work.

Then head to settings and change it to your preffered setting.

red731

Most groups I've been with have been great but the last team was terrible. I just left.

I am happy that I haven't met bad players.
I even made some in game friendships with groups, that is really awesome for me, personaly.

Sometimes you can only take so many wipes to just leave the group. I had it too.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Hey! Go into your documents and find the GFXSettings.Rogue_x64 and open it with notepad.

Then change either one of these:

from
<OPTION Name="Windowed" Registered="True" Type="Bool" Value="false"
to
<OPTION Name="Windowed" Registered="True" Type="Bool" Value="true"

Or the File "state"
from
"windowed = false"
to
"windowed = true"

The game with launch windowed then, or the Alt + Enter will work.

Then head to settings and change it to your preffered setting.
This unfortunately didn't work for me, but it's likely related to some of these variables. I will keep on trying. Thanks. :)

k1t4j

Ok so I went into CM Lincoln tunnel and was alright, I had to bail because the two kids didn't even had signature skills unlocked. I asked and they said they needed points still.

So I bailed but not before checking if I could survive. Seems like my stats were alright.

If anyone here wants to do CM on X1 let me know!

Never did any of the other exploit grinding but I might try this out. He have any chance of dropping HE or just Superiors?

According to Reddit small HE chance on hard difficulty (same as other named hard bosses). Usually drops 3 purples, emphasis on weapons, gear mods, and weapon attachments apparently. He only drops certain types of armor.

More here:

https://m.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4bt8n7/the_division_hutch_farm_exploit_bullet_king/

I haven't tried it myself yet.

Deku Tree

Imagine this scenario:

Healing back from 30k to 100k will be a lot slower.

Assuming that the second build has a low electronics score due to high stamina, your healing will be less effective.

Given that, It's really strange that health is on the top of the front page and armor damage mitigation is further hidden in a menu.

Sober

Given that, It's really strange that health is on the top of the front page and armor damage mitigation is further hidden in a menu.
In all fairness Diablo 3 does the same thing on your paperdoll and give you relatively inflated numbers that mean jack shit followed by a hidden panel with precise breakdowns.

Yes :)

My guy:

He so sexy. Wearing Modern Slim Jacket, Modern Slim Jeans, Suede Sneakers, White Trapper Hat, Rogue Shirt (I think?).

Have also added a white shermgah (I think that's how you spell it...), which is a nice short scarf :)

reminds me of my character
10365509_249981352002295_6758489238537774201_o.jpg

Man I found two high end rifles and the purple one im using a still better than the both of them. Aint better than my vector though. When that thing comes out, its go-time.

So is armour value tied to electronics/tech? Does increasing this increase your armour value for all equipment items?

Nah, electronics improve the effectiveness of your skills. On other words, the higher the electronics, the higher the bonuses, lower cooldown, more healing, higher damage, longer duration and all that stuff. As the teams healer, my electron is really high. got two sets of gears, one for DPS solo play and the other for healer group play.

k1t4j

Finished my first CM, got some gold kneepads with a funny perk.

Headshot grant credits lololol

EDIT: I can do it as many times as I can for gear? oh lord I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom