• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be back in 30 mins if you want to team up, see if we can find some more players too and get a big party going. There is nothing left to do in the DZ than have some rogue hunting and killing shenanigans.

Gah... I decided to drink my sorrows away. Tomorrow I will track your train down and go with.

Best of luck in the DZ tonight.

Just two trophies left... I can almost taste the pixilated goodness of that plat.

Really really fucking lame that I have no chance to win against a not very skilled group of agents going rogue because they have 4 against my group of 2. I had to retreat and use enemy AI to slow them down. As soon as I downed one the're was 3 of his teamates to just shoot him with a revive first aid. Then on top of that you have 4 back to back survival links so there's pretty much no way to fight except run. Survival Link definitely needs to be re-examined.

Is there a way to force Dark Zone server transfers? The instances are completely broken and there is no way to reset them. I'm spending more time trying to toubleshoot this crap instead of playing the game.

Have more people join your instance, that usually triggers it.

It's very annoying when you clear a zone of enemies and the phase transition pops up, and makes all the enemies spawn instantly out of thin air, or makes all your dropped loot disappear (that you haven't picked up).

TheAznOne

I'll be back in 30 mins if you want to team up, see if we can find some more players too and get a big party going. There is nothing left to do in the DZ than have some rogue hunting and killing shenanigans.

Got room for perhaps 2 Agents?

Is there a way to force Dark Zone server transfers? The instances are completely broken and there is no way to reset them. I'm spending more time trying to toubleshoot this crap instead of playing the game.

Go matchmaking then leave the group your in. Rinse and repeat if needed.

it is working as intended

I don't think they intended people to farm out max gear and then murder everyone else all night for lulz on their twitch streams lol.

Like fuck off and go play call of duty, I liked that it wasn't a pvp shitshow but it always ends up that way with people.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I don't think they intended people to farm out max gear and then murder everyone else all night for lulz on their twitch streams lol.

Like fuck off and go play call of duty, I liked that it wasn't a pvp shitshow but it always ends up that way with people.

Why you gotta single us out man. :(

It's not really fun for the people they fuck over all night, and once enough say fuck it an leave that's another game they've destroyed lols

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
It's not really fun for the people they fuck over all night, and once enough say fuck it an leave that's another game they've destroyed lols

You bought a game without understanding its goals, played it for I'm guessing a significant portion of time, then complained that it wasn't designed for what you had in mind.

I can understand the frustration of people that are getting killed in the DZ, but that is literally the risk you take going in there. If you don't want that risk there is 2/3 of the map left for you.

ISOM

I don't get it. I have 161% scavenging and have not gotten one HE weapon or armor drop from a boss. I have only gotten two HE weapon mods to drop in the DZ. It's getting ridiculous seeing purple after purple with my scavenging being so high.

You bought a game without understanding its goals, played it for I'm guessing a significant portion of time, then complained that it wasn't designed for what you had in mind.

I can understand the frustration of people that are getting killed in the DZ, but that is literally the risk you take going in there. If you don't want that risk there is 2/3 of the map left for you.

This issue is a vast amount of gear that people want and need is tied to DZ ranking. It's poor game design to force people into PVP when they don't want to do it. Allow people to get DZ ranking another way too or give them an alternative to getting those blueprints. Have gear drops that are still unique to the high end DZ or whatever. But not the craftables or whatever.

Animator

Navy MP5 has taken the place of my vector today.
61 rounds in my mag, its going down.
laid down 4 guys while on rogue today.
too easy
less bullet spread.

Is there a blueprint for that in the DZ?

All the dz blueprints I got so far have been shit for weapons.

Ketch

DZ06 safe house vendor sells it. Need DT to craft those BP's.

is that where the good shit is? I'm on the verge of being able to solo the upper dz zones. I've got all HE's from the special vendor in the BoO, so I guess I need to hit dz50 and get blueprints from dz06 next?

Got room for perhaps 2 Agents?

I'm just logging on now, will see how many are on to team up.

PSN is ruthlesbarbarian

is that where the good shit is? I'm on the verge of being able to solo the upper dz zones. I've got all HE's from the special vendor in the BoO, so I guess I need to hit dz50 and get blueprints from dz06 next?

Yup, only place in DZ to get lvl 31 blueprints. They require rank 50 and phoenix credits to purchase.

The design itself is fucked, I camped out dz5's extraction point, I have a bag of yellow and purples, finally clear it out, then 5seconds before the chopper hits magically a group of asshole npcs warps on the "H" and I get stuck doing it over again. It's a massively cheap turnoff since it happens every fucking time.

I hadn't gotten deep in DZ before but man it's not cool having to be dictated by a group of randoms or get stuck replaying story missions.

I am disappoint and I really didn't think endgame was going to be who can exploit the game fastest then just turn the pvp switch on =(

Friggen close to platinum too, I'm feeling kinda meh about the season pass I got. Hopefully it's not all tied to the elite few like everything seems to be lmao

Jblanks

This issue is a vast amount of gear that people want and need is tied to DZ ranking. It's poor game design to force people into PVP when they don't want to do it. Allow people to get DZ ranking another way too.

This is why DZ needs daily challenges/weekly challenges/ DZ public events, but we gotta wait until May I believe which kind of sucks.

I think the biggest problem was having named enemies drop 12+ PC per kill allowing people to purchase every high end blueprint they need in the first week, and now the majority have to live with 1-3 PC per kill, so are still in the midst of catching up.

Although I don't have a problem with how the DZ is setup, they just need to add more things to do, and change the DZ currency system. Can't believe people are complaining about getting killed and losing their loot... that's what a big portion of DZ is.

The design itself is fucked, I camped out dz5's extraction point, I have a bag of yellow and purples, finally clear it out, then 5seconds before the chopper hits magically a group of asshole npcs warps on the "H" and I get stuck doing it over again. It's a massively cheap turnoff since it happens every fucking time.

I hadn't gotten deep in DZ before but man it's not cool having to be dictated by a group of randoms or get stuck replaying story missions.

I am disappoint and I really didn't think endgame was going to be who can exploit the game fastest then just turn the pvp switch on =(

Friggen close to platinum too, I'm feeling kinda meh about the season pass I got. Hopefully it's not all tied to the elite few like everything seems to be lmao

Why would you buy a season pass before finishing all of the available content to decide whether or not it was worth the money. The season pass doesn't go away.

Why would you buy a season pass before finishing all of the available content to decide whether or not it was worth the money. The season pass doesn't go away.

Gold edition. Also no need to get hostile with me, I can tell you likely farmed the shit out of burger king and enjoy wrecking noobs in DZ lol

Gold edition. Also no need to get hostile with me, I can tell you likely farmed the shit out of burger king and enjoy wrecking noobs in DZ lol

No I'm sorry, I'm with you, did you read my above posts? What I don't like is people buying a season pass for a game they don't know the quality of. Buying Season passes prior to the release of content is a silly and damaging practice to engage in.

No I'm sorry, I'm with you, did you read my above posts? What I don't like is people buying a season pass for a game they don't know the quality of. Buying Season passes prior to the release of content is a silly and damaging practice to engage in.

Yeah I know =( Sorry for being grouchy too, it's late and I'm not giving anyone the patience or respect they deserve =/

This is why DZ needs daily challenges/weekly challenges/ DZ public events, but we gotta wait until May I believe which kind of sucks.

I think the biggest problem was having named enemies drop 12+ PC per kill allowing people to purchase every high end blueprint they need in the first week, and now the majority have to live with 1-3 PC per kill, so are still in the midst of catching up.

Although I don't have a problem with how the DZ is setup, they just need to add more things to do, and change the DZ currency system. Can't believe people are complaining about getting killed and losing their loot... that's what a big portion of DZ is.

I don't think people are complaining about losing their loot as such, they understand the risks that players can go rogue to steal their loot. It's more a case of being fucked over by players at the very top who have no need to steal the players loot (given their own is probably far greater) and are just doing it for the shits and giggles.

With this behaviour, how are us mere mortals who aren't already at max level supposed to get there if we can't progress in the DZ? I assume only partying up is the best chance of progressing provided you don't run into bigger and better geared groups.

Just wasted another 9 high-end division tech...

Before I waste any more, is it actually possible to craft a high-end holster that has all 3 stats (firearms, stamina, electonics)? Because it seems like you can not.

So to be clear the BoO Special Weapons Vendor blueprints don't reset weekly, right? May wanna buy some items there tomorrow but need PC before the weekly refresh.

J-Rzez

Lewl DZ is such a pile of shit when you get assholes stealing things by going rogue that you spent an hour carefully killing named elites solo or with a partner. There's zero reason now not to go rogue it's stupid. The enemies in the zone are bad enough fuck. Totally takes any enjoyment out of playing when it happens over and over again.

Good luck extracting since the cunts all hover around like vultures for their free loot that everyone else farms. It makes it impossible to gear up without exploiting shitty bosses.

The changes to the rogue system really made things worse. Before people cared about their levels trying to get gear and rank, but now you have people maxed out pub stomping in packs. They don't have to play careful anymore, there's no decision to be made, especially now when there's basically no penalty. Only people now penalized are those who didn't gear quickly via whatever means found early. Those people are just trying to get some ranks for gear and progression but now locked out.

Someone said earlier the DZ is pretty much dead for better choice of words, and that's true. People are fed up already. So this needs to be fixed, fast, before people leave for good. And griefers should want this fixed because soon enough they won't have anyone to grief anymore. Massive needs to make a PVP zone for these people, and see how many people actually go there that "just want to PVP". My guess is not many, because it's much more fun to grief, thus that's their main goal.

So, make a dedicated PVP Zone, then revert the rogue changes they made and make them actually much harsher somehow. Make going rogue in the DZ a true risk reward decision, like a "rogue sickness" which starts to stack reducing your stats for a period of time as well as the XP/credit loss. Make rogue status persist through death, and extend that time so people see you coming, and now you go from griefer to being griefed.

Besides, it was infinitely more fun before when someone went rogue, everyone chased them down, and you tried to run. It was a bigger deal. Now when people see you're rogue they run away because they know there's good odds you're geared and that you have 3 more griefers with you. In some cases you have coordinated groups, so 8 people teaming up, shooting the 1 or 2 players in the back farming mobs for gear/rank. Not to mention the inherent flaw which is rogues pick their battles. Combine that with how quick people melt, or how tanky some people are, and yeah, it's a mess.

Such a great concept in a shooter and such a great game, but it's not going to last if things don't change.

bjaelke

Just wasted another 9 high-end division tech...

Before I waste any more, is it actually possible to craft a high-end holster that has all 3 stats (firearms, stamina, electonics)? Because it seems like you can not.
You can get all 3 stats on (crafted) holsters.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...H-fD7iUJ-avUrIs/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true
So to be clear the BoO Special Weapons Vendor blueprints don't reset weekly, right? May wanna buy some items there tomorrow but need PC before the weekly refresh.
They will eventually rotate, but it has not been communicated when - don't expect new blue prints tomorrow.

Dark Zone has been dead for me. Saw one rogue but that was about it. No extractions, nada.
I haven't seen a rouge since Sunday. I've only come across maybe ten players since then as well. Maybe it's because I'm not level 30 yet? Kinda sucks when you try to extract and literally over a dozen mobs show up at the last second and steamroll you over and over. By the time I clear them all out by myself they are already starting to respawn.

Starviper

I wish they would balance groups of players and solo agents a bit more. Going up against a group of 4 alone fuckin' sucks, you can't do anything at all. Like groups of 2 would be fine, but throw all the 3-4 player groups into their own instance.

erawsd

The changes to the rogue system really made things worse. Before people cared about their levels trying to get gear and rank, but now you have people maxed out pub stomping in packs. They don't have to play careful anymore, there's no decision to be made, especially now when there's basically no penalty. Only people now penalized are those who didn't gear quickly via whatever means found early. Those people are just trying to get some ranks for gear and progression but now locked out.

Someone said earlier the DZ is pretty much dead for better choice of words, and that's true. People are fed up already. So this needs to be fixed, fast, before people leave for good. And griefers should want this fixed because soon enough they won't have anyone to grief anymore. Massive needs to make a PVP zone for these people, and see how many people actually go there that "just want to PVP". My guess is not many, because it's much more fun to grief, thus that's their main goal.

So, make a dedicated PVP Zone, then revert the rogue changes they made and make them actually much harsher somehow. Make going rogue in the DZ a true risk reward decision, like a "rogue sickness" which starts to stack reducing your stats for a period of time as well as the XP/credit loss.

Besides, it was infinitely more fun before when someone went rogue, everyone chased them down, and you tried to run. It was a bigger deal. Now when people see you're rogue they run away because they know there's good odds you're geared and that you have 3 more griefers with you. In some cases you have coordinated groups, so 8 people teaming up, shooting the 1 or 2 players in the back farming mobs for gear/rank. Not to mention the inherent flaw which is rogues pick their battles. Combine that with how quick people melt, or how tanky some people are, and yeah, it's a mess.

Such a great concept in a shooter and such a great game, but it's not going to last if things don't change.

The DZ is a PvP zone though, so implementing changes that discourage pvp goes against the intent. What they really need to do is just make some improvements to matchmaking so that you get put into DZ with people of a similar "gear grade", that way you dont have these scenarios where fully geared out people are just murdering people who stand little to no chance of actually fighting back.

For people who don't want to engage in pvp at all then they should stay out of the DZ and there should be a proper progression path purely through pve for them.

As a fellow solo player, DZ06's extraction point is better in some ways. There are only 5 or 6 yellow dudes guarding it and there are no spawns when you trigger an extraction. Come up the lines from the outside for the easiest time, because the enemies are linked and you can get flanked if you use the elevator shafts and don't have enough dps to take them down quickly. They don't even patrol right to the extraction part, so if you wanted to, you could stay in the one corner and wait until they respawn and then be careful in where you trigger the extract if you're worried about others coming.

J-Rzez

The DZ is a PvP zone though, so implementing changes that discourage pvp goes against the intent. What they really need to do is just make some improvements to matchmaking so that you get put into DZ with people of a similar "gear grade", that way you dont have these scenarios where fully geared out people are just murdering people who stand little to no chance of actually fighting back.

For people who don't want to engage in pvp at all then they should stay out of the DZ and there should be a proper progression path purely through pve for them.

If they enact a MM then people will be upset, because face it, many play just to stomp pubs. I know I laughed when I one-shot someone with my M44. Then these people won't have their gear carry them anymore, and they'll quit as well. Or that you can just stroll around someone and shoot them on your terms, or just gank them when they're fighting trash.

The other problem you mention won't be fixed any time soon. And if you avoid the DZ, you're losing out on progression missing out on gear/blue prints. So yeah, it's a mess, and they're going to lose people regardless which route they take. They need to figure which route to take it which will have the least losses.

As a fellow solo player, DZ06's extraction point is better in some ways. There are only 5 or 6 yellow dudes guarding it and there are no spawns when you trigger an extraction. Come up the lines from the outside for the easiest time, because the enemies are linked and you can get flanked if you use the elevator shafts and don't have enough dps to take them down quickly. They don't even patrol right to the extraction part, so if you wanted to, you could stay in the one corner and wait until they respawn and then be careful in where you trigger the extract if you're worried about others coming.

Cool I'll have to try that one tomorrow, I ended up running all the way to DZ01 and extracting, since 2+ was covered in yellow manhunt symbols. I found a decent holster, my yellow drops ended up being awful and I don't have the PC to try rerolling, I badly need it for patterns >_<

Dot50Cal

Banned
So my guys I play with were 30 after 3 days of owning the game. They were able to farm Bullet King and get essentially fully decked out. I am totally useless now in our group and I basically walk a guided tour with them. I feel like I'm making no progress at all since all the drops even in the CM's are not an upgrade for me.

Really bites.

Achamian

So I seem to have hit a wall gearing up. Have high end weapons (vector, caduceus and pakhan) but no high end gear or mods. Don't feel powerful enough for challenge mode yet (90k, 50k, 9k). What's the fastest way to get high end gear and mods? I'm about level 19dz however farming dz and then being destroyed by rogues when extracting would probably end my enjoyment of the game. Not the biggest dz fan in the first place.

bjaelke

So I seem to have hit a wall gearing up. Have high end weapons (vector, caduceus and pakhan) but no high end gear or mods. Don't feel powerful enough for challenge mode yet (90k, 50k, 9k). What's the fastest way to get high end gear and mods? I'm about level 19dz however farming dz and then being destroyed by rogues when extracting would probably end my enjoyment of the game. Not the biggest dz fan in the first place.

General Assembly (UN) is in daily rotation today. Great place for picking up superior items (for materials) plus the occasional high end. Daily means that it'll be faster to matchmaking.

erawsd

If they enact a MM then people will be upset, because face it, many play just to stomp pubs. I know I laughed when I one-shot someone with my M44. Then these people won't have their gear carry them anymore, and they'll quit as well. Or that you can just stroll around someone and shoot them on your terms, or just gank them when they're fighting trash.

I dont see the issue there, its better for the community if those types of people quit. Even financially I dont think its a bad move. I imagine that someone who has invested a ton fo time in their character and quits over a petty reason like that is more likely to come back for DLC than the fresh 30 who quits out of total frustration.

The other problem you mention won't be fixed any time soon. And if you avoid the DZ, you're losing out on progression missing out on gear/blue prints. So yeah, it's a mess, and they're going to lose people regardless which route they take. They need to figure which route to take it which will have the least losses.

Well with Operations coming in the next month that solution may be very soon. We'll have to see how itemization shapes up.

Achamian

General Assembly (UN) is in daily rotation today. Great place for picking up superior items (for materials) plus the occasional high end. Daily means that it'll be faster to matchmaking.

Thanks, does the scavenging % make high end drop faster? I'm sitting at about 120% scavenging currently.

Cool I'll have to try that one tomorrow, I ended up running all the way to DZ01 and extracting, since 2+ was covered in yellow manhunt symbols. I found a decent holster, my yellow drops ended up being awful and I don't have the PC to try rerolling, I badly need it for patterns >_<

I'd spend some time in DZ06 and try going to the extraction point first without anything or with a group to see what it is like. Last thing you want to do as a solo player is drop good gear at an extraction point in a zone filled with 32's that you don't really know your way around. I almost got killed first time I went there and barely survived by exploiting the AI's re-positioning habits.

I'd spend some time in DZ06 and try going to the extraction point first without anything or with a group to see what it is like. Last thing you want to do as a solo player is drop good gear at an extraction point in a zone filled with 32's that you don't really know your way around. I almost got killed first time I went there and barely survived by exploiting the AI's re-positioning habits.

Ya true, I will have to scope it out first.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So I've been 30 for about a week now. I kinda suck at DZ since I usually roll solo while my brother levels up, but I've managed to get to like DZ level 23 with the occasional random and solo.

Here's where I was last night-
Should I just keep doing hard dailies with the occasional foray into the DZ? Challenging is still very hard and I've only beaten one challenging mission yet. I feel like I'm way under stat for where I should be to be playing this stuff. I hear you guys talk about all these crazy numbers and I'm like over here with my thumb up my butt.
FUkIqUK

Edit: Are pics broken somehow? I think I entered it right. Anyways, you should click the broken image link. I value opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom