• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

GG everyone! # Team purple!

CeXne9zUMAALnLL.jpg:large

reddit hates us https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...obably_has_been_said_a_lot_of_times_teams_of/

phen0m24

At this point I almost feel like I was sold an early access title. It has the foundational underpinnings for its genre, but the systems and content that make for an experience you can return to over and over without stagnating quickly simple aren't there. The Roadmap for their year one DLC reads like a map of features that an early access title would profess to include at full release.

Ruh roh

Déja vu all over again

Riddler

You bought a game without understanding its goals, played it for I'm guessing a significant portion of time, then complained that it wasn't designed for what you had in mind.

I can understand the frustration of people that are getting killed in the DZ, but that is literally the risk you take going in there. If you don't want that risk there is 2/3 of the map left for you.

Actually they changed it and now it's a PvP shit show. I do hope they learn from this and balance the game before the game loses its players.

Losing motivation to play now, kinda sucks. Been sitting at 130k/80k for roughly a week. Blew all my mats trying to craft better gear but nothing to show for it. Yesterday was the final nail so to speak running the challenge 6 times and getting 6 body armors.

#salty.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Well it looks like DZ06 is bugged, no named enemies are spawning and the elite patrols don't spawn once you've killed them.

Yup thought so. We patrolled last night in DZ06 but they never popped. Must be related to the Bullet King fix and it spread over to DZ.

owlbeak

We can all agree the best extraction zone in the game is DZ06 west side, right? There are like 5 enemies up there, you kill them, and no other enemies show up when you call in the extraction. The only way up is via the ropes through the elevator, so you can hang there and watch for any rogues coming up and kill them immediately. It's the only place I go.

Sevyne

Well to be honest, I hate people like you too. Rolling with that many people in the DZ and taking up half the DZ population through some little exploit ruins the game for others. It was not intended for you to do for a reason. You may be having a blast with it, but it's bullshit having to deal with that from the other side. I see y'all celebrating over it in this topic and its kind of disgusting to watch.

ch4fx_

Save it for trading

I believe trading will only be available for a brief period of time right after the drop & you can only trade with your group members at that particular time.

So unfortunately, I don't think anything we are farming right now will be tradeable -- which sucks because I have 3 Cads I don't plan on using.

Az it sounds like the consensus after Destiny's launch.
"It's a beta"

Oh I thought you had found something I had said before about it or another game that was eerily similiar. I was curious beyond maybe Battlefront and Destiny where I may have said something akin. It certainly does feel like a Beta to a degree. I think it's this issue of developers and producers knowing that games couting more to make than ever before and with inflation producers earning less per title while needing to maintain growth. So they want to ask us for $100 per title but simply don't know how to go about it. So they're essentially tricking us into believing were getting more for our money than we are by giving it to us piecemeal. I know this isn't some kind of revelatory statement as its been said over and over in various ways. But I think it's time we just confront the fact AAA games are going to cost more now. And we can either buy the early access version or wait and get the "Definitive/complete edition" a year later. The problem is many of us feel afraid or left behind if we wait and publishers are betting on that when you make your purchasing decision. They know if they can get just one or two of your friends they rope everyone.

Thanks for the answers. I played last night with a friend of mine that was a level 18 and I was a level 6.....lol. I was getting wiped out. He carried me through almost everything. I did manage to level up to level 10 after our session. I really am enjoying the game, a lot more than I thought I would.

LiK

I believe trading will only be available for a brief period of time right after the drop & you can only trade with your group members at that particular time.

So unfortunately, I don't think anything we are farming right now will be tradeable -- which sucks because I have 3 Cads I don't plan on using.

I thought I read that they're bringing in real trading in a later update. That was what I was referring to.

Farm Hutch he drops tons of purple gloves.

Where is he located? I'm only DZ lvl 10 atm. Haven't played DZ much.

darkwing

Losing motivation to play now, kinda sucks. Been sitting at 130k/80k for roughly a week. Blew all my mats trying to craft better gear but nothing to show for it. Yesterday was the final nail so to speak running the challenge 6 times and getting 6 body armors.

#salty.

welcome to Diablo with guns

Hjod

Banned

You perfectly summed up my feelings of the end game, I got to DZ50 two days ago, also by soloing. I had 16 yellow DT, I managed to craft a decent holster, nothing else.

And I've tried farming for more DT but I always get blue and greens out of the box. I feel like this is it for me, I won't be around much longer.

#salty.

Sometimes the RNG just rocks you.

Yesterday, it got me really good. I needed 2 specific HE pieces: kneepads and gloves. So I run the Lexington CM twice and what do I get?

Kneepads, and then gloves. Hallelujah, right?

Well, the kneepads are Stamina and don't even have a slot. All of its bonuses range between marginal and shit. The gloves, now, those are Firearms. But because they don't have the +322 SMG damage on them that my purple gloves have, they're a 3k DPS drop. They have the exact same Firearms traits as my purples, so I literally just got, besides the trade of SMG damage to Heal on Kill, a difference of +1% against elites, and some armor.

Sometimes even when you win, you lose.

Audioboxer

Sometimes the RNG just rocks you.

Yesterday, it got me really good. I needed 2 specific HE pieces: kneepads and gloves. So I run the Lexington CM twice and what do I get?

Kneepads, and then gloves. Hallelujah, right?

Well, the kneepads are Stamina and don't even have a slot. All of its bonuses range between marginal and shit. The gloves, now, those are Firearms. But because they don't have the +322 SMG damage on them that my purple gloves have, they're a 3k DPS drop. They have the exact same Firearms traits as my purples, so I literally just got, besides the trade of SMG damage to Heal on Kill, a difference of +1% against elites, and some armor.

Sometimes even when you win, you lose.

Yeah I've been trying to replace my holster for a few days but no luck. I guess I shouldn't worry too much as it's a level 31 purple with all three stats rolled on it. Quite the beast.

You perfectly summed up my feelings of the end game, I got to DZ50 two days ago, also by soloing. I had 16 yellow DT, I managed to craft a decent holster, nothing else.

And I've tried farming for more DT but I always get blue and greens out of the box. I feel like this is it for me, I won't be around much longer.

Yea. I get the feeling this will be another Destiny for me. But this time I won't be buying the season pass. So I guess it's complete edition in a year or so for me. Going to be a fun 2017 Christmas with the complete Battlefront edition and this. Hopefully there will still be some players.

Ruruja

At this point I almost feel like I was sold an early access title. It has the foundational underpinnings for its genre, but the systems and content that make for an experience you can return to over and over without stagnating quickly simple aren't there. The Roadmap for their year one DLC reads like a map of features that an early access title would profess to include at full release.

They can't make a game to satisfy the people like you who've pumped over 100 hours into the game already. Nor should they, you're a small minority of the people playing this game, it would make no sense.

They are releasing incursions and whatnot soon, in line with what they thought would be a reasonable time for people to start getting bored of the current end-game I guess.

Whilst I agree that the current end-game is a little stale unless you're into incremental gear gains for no real reason, you can't blame the developers because you rushed to this part of the game.

LiK

Yea. I get the feeling this will be another Destiny for me. But this time I won't be buying the season pass. So I guess it's complete edition in a year or so for me. Going to be a fun 2017 Christmas with the complete Battlefront edition and this. Hopefully there will still be some players.

But what about the Incursions?

They can't make a game to satisfy the people like you who've pumped over 100 hours into the game already. Nor should they, you're a small minority of the people playing this game, it would make no sense.

They are releasing incursions and whatnot soon, in line with what they thought would be a reasonable time for people to start getting bored of the current end-game I guess.

Whilst I agree that the current end-game is a little stale unless you're into incremental gear gains for no real reason, you can't blame the developers because you rushed to this part of the game.

Your math is a little off. 4 days isn't even a hundred hours. But the game became stale long before that I just held on for some silly reason to see what I could get out of DZ 50. The novelty of the DZ wore off before even reaching 30/30. I'd say about 30ish hours is the first time I said there's not much here. After that it was just loot farming for the sake of farming because I'm a bit compulsive when it comes to that stuff from years of conditioning in MMO's and other loot based ARPG's like Diablo.

But what about the Incursions?

In my big takeaway post above I mention that. I'll stick around for the incursion. But it's probably not enough to sort out the game systems shortcominhs so it'll have to be an amazing mechanically driven raid like experience that completely changes how we've been playing up until this point to keep me invested.

Tenshin

Store as much as you can into your stash. That is how a game breaking bug glitch starts and you can't log back into your account.
Yeah fucking hell i cant log in now .... Glitch like this is stupid .. Its a broken game now... Ubisoft must fix this shit....

Tawpgun

the people complaining that the dark zone has pvp enabled either didn't follow the development of this game and videos of the dark zone in action or didn't do proper research.

Or you all just want to change the developers intent because you're mad you have to go into a pvp zone.

I think the dz is ok in its current state but it definitely needs a lot of work. There needs to be more to do, there needs to be more emphasis on extracting loot. It's the best mechanic this game has because it's exciting. But they kinda fucked up the loot progression in this game. Mainly by allowing so many yellows to be sold by vendors. They advertised the dark zone as the place where "the best loot in the game is found" but that is not the case. Best loot is found in vendors.

Maybe they caved to the players that didn't want pvp at all. I think they should have gone all in on the DZ. it should have been the actual end game where players go to find awesome stuff and get in tense situations.

WipedOut

This is awesome. As someone with a purple jacket, hat and scarf Id love to join sometime.

Apparently you are in the minority. It was a blast.

I enjoyed hunting rogues but didn't like the going rogue part. I see nothing wrong with getting a party together to go hunt down scumbags.

Yeah I've been trying to replace my holster for a few days but no luck. I guess I shouldn't worry too much as it's a level 31 purple with all three stats rolled on it. Quite the beast.

I'm starting to appreciate my holster. It was my first HE piece. All three stats + mod slot. It's also got a turret bonus, and I love turrets.

I just can't use them because they're so utterly useless in endgame.

This is awesome. As someone with a purple jacket, hat and scarf Id love to join sometime.

I thought I was going against the grain by rocking the purple get-up. I saw everyone loving the all-white look so when I got my first purple jacket, I've never looked back. The purple pom pom beanie is sweet because it's broken up, instead of solid purple.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
The DZ needs work in regards to activities and shit to do, but if you think the rogue fests and backstabbing are unintended then you are severely misguided.

Remember that this was an actual trailer for the game.

Definity

Hard mode is such a joke now once you gear up. Not complaining though. You can tear through those in 10 - 15 mins for your rewards.

I'm really curious to see how they balance out the incursions. Hopefully they stay away from just adding more HP to enemies or higher level enemies in there.

k1t4j

I just wanted to share, that I accomplished somethings so far in this game that I thought I never would as a solo player in the DZ.

- I was able to extract at every extraction point for the achievement, I got ganked, robbed, verbally abused by teens on chat while they stole my shoes and jacket but I did it.

-I reached rank 52 through blood sweat, tears and Bryant Park tunnels

-I killed the 20 rogues by the time I was 14.

:D

I have 12 of those elusive gold div tech mats, what do you guys think it's worth crafting that won't need too many rolls to be decent?

EDIT: thanks wesleyshark i'll get that one then.

LiK

Apparently you are in the minority. It was a blast.

I enjoyed hunting rogues but didn't like the going rogue part. I see nothing wrong with getting a party together to go hunt down scumbags.

Someone should start this group. I have no interest in being a Rogue. I don't like the thought of stealing people's gears.

The DZ needs work in regards to activities and shit to do, but if you think the rogue fests and backstabbing are unintended then you are severely misguided.

Remember that this was an actual trailer for the game.
I'm going to ignore what the developers advertised and interject my own distaste for pvp into a pvp section of the game and throw shade at the fact that I have to deal with pvp in a pvp zone.

Agreed that there needs to be more to do in general- not that I find it boring- but there needs to be good loot drops that only can be found by killing bosses. It ups the stakes on trying to extract the items while there's packs of rogues hunting about the map.

The dark zone is definitely a lot of damn fun as it stands, but it can definitely be improved, and I'm sure it will. It's a living section of the game.

High-End M44 + Explosive Rounds = Instant Downs

Spent the last few nights as the Punisher of the DZ. Shit is too funny when I see a group of 3 rogues coming at me and then hauling ass in the opposite direction after I insta-drop one of their buddies.

OF0deaM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom