• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
That is some terrible rng :(

Rank 36 in the DZ, and still not a single HE drop for the last few days.

Opened a dozen chests, kill probably 20 named enemies. I'm at 100% scavenging too..

RNG has screwed me over just like it did in Destiny.

160 hours on this character. Probably 600+ kills on names enemies in both safe and dark zone and not one high-end drop. Only had two high-end drops in the DZ from crates since the update. One was a grip the other a mag.

All my high-end gear is blueprints or rewards from the challenge mode completion.

Is there any good reason why matchmaking isn't allowed in Challenging missions once they start? I mean, it seems like players can still actually matchmake and drop in from outside the mission.

Asking because we were past the first stage of the CM last night when our fourth guy dropped. A section that should have taken no more than 10 minutes (I ran the CM twice before this) ended up being a Sisyphean task until a fourth miraculously joined us.

PvE HE items all drop at iLvl 30 if I'm not mistaken. The only reason they are better than any other piece of purple ilvl 30 gear is the talent that is sometimes useless. You are honestly better going for iLvl 31 purples than iLvl 30 HE. Challenge mode has lost its appeal after just a few runs when I realized that crafting is the way to get end game gear or rely on pretty harsh RNG in the DZ for HE drops.

That's disappointing :-\

I heard DZ05/06 are generally "safer" as far as rogues go. I've never been...maybe I'll give them a shot.

LiK

160 hours on this character. Probably 600+ kills on names enemies in both safe and dark zone and not one high-end drop. Only had two high-end drops in the DZ from crates since the update. One was a grip the other a mag.

All my high-end gear is blueprints or rewards from the challenge mode completion.

Jebus.

lt519

I heard DZ05/06 are generally "safer" as far as rogues go. I've never been...maybe I'll give them a shot.

Ran DZ05 and DZ06 for about 2-3 hours last night and didn't see a single other player. It can be a bit tough alone if you don't have the firepower to take down 32 elites relatively quick. Everyone hangs out around DZ03 extraction point it seems.

If there's even a 1% chance that RNG will not give HE loot, you have to treat it like an absolute certainty.

Ran around in DMZ yesterday at level 16. It was interesting, though not many people around. Got some good loot extracted but at the end I kept dying trying to reach extraction point and then disconnected and lost it all

::(

I've love to see your vector build with attachments, that thing was melting 32's

It's honestly not even very good since I only have one useful talent on it. For attachments, go for CC/CD/WD/HSD and stabilty as you see fit.

V2dghE6.jpg

Tk1PRYa.jpg

Serick

Married Member
It's honestly not even very good since I only have one useful talent on it. For attachments, go for CC/CD/WD/HSD and stabilty as you see fit.

Accuracy is very useful on SMG's. Keeps your bullet spread tight and is actually increasing your DPS in the calculation to hit 187k.

ODDI

Oh boy I crafted a HE backpack last night and now I'm stuck on the connecting to screen, I fucked up didn't I?

tick221

Thanks, yeah I agree with accuracy, sadly I don't have it on mine

Have they said when they will finally fix the DPS error, I lost 30k overnight with nothing changed

Namikaze1

Bunch of cheap ass fuckers in the DZ lately. Going out of bounds and gunning folks from where they (the non-rogues) can't reach them. Came across three assholes who were out of bounds and could easily kill us while couldn't do shit to them.

I said fuck it and left the area after one of our guys died. They couldn't chase us anyway.

Edit: I'll post a video later.

Deku Tree

Jealous, what's the talent and other major perk? Mod slot?

No mod slot, but it has extra armor, and the talent lets me regenerate health twice as fast when in cover. Seems like really good roll.

Question: the fire-arms stat is low and close to the bottom of the allowed range.... If I re-roll fire-arms does that give me a chance to lose that stat? Or will it just re-roll it to be a different number?

Deku Tree

Bunch of cheap ass fuckers in the DZ lately. Going out of bounds and gunning folks from where they (the non-rogues) can't reach them. Came across three assholes who were out of bounds and could easily kill us while couldn't do shit to them.

I said fuck it and left the area after one of our guys died. They couldn't chase us anyway.

I died while uploading this picture to twitter. Was worth it.

CeZkih2UsAAFdua.jpg

Out of bounds spot where Rogues can glitch into somehow in DZ06. They can shoot you but you can't really shoot them.

ch4fx_

On the bright side, I finally have all yellow gear :D

Im still chasing this dream.. I still have some purples I can't get rid of. Hopefully RNG will bless me this weekend.

Oh boy I crafted a HE backpack last night and now I'm stuck on the connecting to screen, I fucked up didn't I?

I'm surprised this hasn't been address/fixed yet. It doesn't get more "game breaking" than not being able to play said game.

EL CUCO

Deku put up the screen shot on Twitter. Terrible. Unfortunately stuff like this happens in an open world game. People will always find some type of exploit...especially when there's loot involved.

Send the video to Massive so they can fix the area.

Namikaze1

Yesterday, we had this one guy who kept rolling at this one spot against the wall to purposely fall through the floor. He does it a few times before going rogue. Couldn't reach him in time to kill him since he would respawn so far away from us. We got our revenge when we hunted him down when he was non-hostile and gunned him twice.

Go to your crafting menu and go all the way to the bottom. You can turn the blues into high end parts.

5 green parts = 1 blue part
5 blue parts = 1 high end part
2 green dz tech = 1 blue dz tech
2 blue dz tech = 1 any regular high end part of your choice

The crafting station only has what blueprints you are given or put into it yourself. At 30, there's a vendor upstairs that sells high end blueprints, which can be bought with phoenix credits that you get from killing named bosses and finishing dailies and daily challenges.

Thanks for that

Man, what's the breakdown on your gear?

I can't seem to get DPS to go up without sacrificing health. You've got a solid 180k and still pull 79k.

Do you mix Firearms and Stamina mods or is the health coming from gear alone?

Man, what's the breakdown on your gear?

I can't seem to get DPS to go up without sacrificing health. You've got a solid 180k and still pull 79k.

Do you mix Firearms and Stamina mods or is the health coming from gear alone?

I have 2 or 3 pieces of gear with Stamina on them, mixed with firearms mod with 1.5% CC. Much of that number comes from the inflated value of the accuracy talent on the Vector.

Namikaze1

I died while uploading this picture to twitter. Was worth it.

CeZkih2UsAAFdua.jpg

Out of bounds spot where Rogues can glitch into somehow in DZ06. They can shoot you but you can't really shoot them.
Not pictured but it seems they had a third trying to flank us from behind. That's the one I went after once I left those two alone. The third was with them but ended up being respawned at the nearby safe house..

Deku put up the screen shot on Twitter. Terrible. Unfortunately stuff like this happens in an open world game. People will always find some type of exploit...especially when there's loot involved.

Send the video to Massive so they can fix the area.
I will.

WipedOut

No mod slot, but it has extra armor, and the talent lets me regenerate health twice as fast when in cover. Seems like really good roll.

Question: the fire-arms stat is low and close to the bottom of the allowed range.... If I re-roll fire-arms does that give me a chance to lose that stat? Or will it just re-roll it to be a different number?

I got a HE holster the other day with a mod slot. I believe you can re-roll firearms, you may get a lower roll however.

ODDI

Im still chasing this dream.. I still have some purples I can't get rid of. Hopefully RNG will bless me this weekend.

I'm surprised this hasn't been address/fixed yet. It doesn't get more "game breaking" than not being able to play said game.

You would think they would atleast remove said items till a proper fix but nope.

Vitor711

Ugh - Bought 3 HE weapon attachment blueprints. All are worse than the purples I currently have. And I built each one twice. Still worse DPS ratings (or inflated ones due to accuracy).

Should have just got the Vector... Black Market AK at 120k DPS and a Pakhan (because it's beautiful and goes with my black and gold colour scheme).

Question: if playing through the game co-op, can me and my buddy run two side missions simultaneously and both get the rewards for the other completing it?

ERMint13

Do CM rewards(the given HE) only drop at lvl 30 not 31?

I bought the blueprints for a lvl 31 backpack but I am afraid to craft it and end up locked out of the game....

fuzzyset

I re-rolled a main stat and it gave me 4 options. All three (firearms/stam/elec) were available and one was repeated.

Question: if playing through the game co-op, can me and my buddy run two side missions simultaneously and both get the rewards for the other completing it?

If you're in the same zone, from my experience, you get pushed through the quest. However, I've also noticed that the open world seems to scale with party size so splitting up like that might not be great. I tried to do a side mission while my 3 friends were messing around with inventory near the safe house and got overwhelmed with enemies.

I have 2 or 3 pieces of gear with Stamina on them, mixed with firearms mod with 1.5% CC. Much of that number comes from the inflated value of the accuracy talent on the Vector.

Ah, I see.

I think I'm going to start trying for a Caduceus build, since Vectoring is getting a little bit stale for me. I just need to start amassing +% sticky bomb stuff.

What is this backpack glitch people keep talking about?
My vague understanding: Some crafted HE backpacks think they have less space than it says they do so if you go over that number the backpack causes you to lose what's in there and causes the game to crash.

They're looking into it, but no ETA on a fix yet.

noomi

I've done Lincoln 5 times in a row now and all I wanted is some body armour. Got 4 HE masks and a backpack. RNG gonna RNG.

edit: woo hoo! you all look like ants from up here.

So is lincoln tunnel better to run now for CM rather than lexington?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom