• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I hate how the lower levels get different sprays from the vendor. The level 30 sucks and the lower ones look so cool. Level 30's should be able to buy all 3.

Level 1-5
Chocolate Chip – Loot Crate
chocolate_chip_loot_crate-768x384.png

Level 6-7
Sponge – Green
sponge_green-768x384.png

Level 30
Flecktarn – Danish M84
flecktarn_danish_m84-768x384.png

nbraun80

welcome to Diablo with guns
vanilla diablo 3 with guns. If it was current diablo 3 with guns, it would be a lot of fun seeing a HE drop every half hour and actually things do you in the end game. Hopefully they'll realize what D3 did and in a game with getting good rolls and min/maxing it's ok to drop legendaries/HE at a decent rate because it probably won't be the one they want or the roll they want.

LiK

Are there AI Rogue agents in DZ? A super powerful group who invades and tries to take out all human players would be pretty amazing as a pub event.

Ushay

High-End M44 + Explosive Rounds = Instant Downs

Spent the last few nights as the Punisher of the DZ. Shit is too funny when I see a group of 3 rogues coming at me and then hauling ass in the opposite direction after I insta-drop one of their buddies.

OF0deaM.jpg

What stats/weapon you rocking?

People that complain about griefers in the DZ really need to watch this.

Also, I think in May we're getting a free activity in the DZ called "Conflict" IIRC.

That video is great, in that it shows you exactly what to expect in the dark done lol. There are no rules. At all.

Tawpgun

Are there AI Rogue agents in DZ? A super powerful group who invades and tries to take out all human players would be pretty amazing as a pub event.
Definitely need some pub events. Surprised they aren't in the game in launch seems like a no brainer. Events that almost require more than 4 people

Daigoro

anyone know where I can get a half way decent sniper rifle? mine is feeling pretty weak right now. I'm lvl 30 but I'm kinda broke at the moment. trying to farm, but my sniper is holding me back.

lt519

Yeah, would love to see some pub events. DZ is basically dead to me, I'm not even inclined to get the last trophy of killing 20 rogues. I've been running around DZ06 trying to rank and gear up and don't see anyone else, ever. Killing bullet sponges is getting boring fast.

Go to DZ03 and it's a clusterfuck of over geared people trolling everyone else. Everyone complained about this in the Beta and people brushed it off that it wasn't a problem because it was the Beta. We're back there already. Not salty about it, it's just not an enjoyable mode, so sadly I'm just not going to play the DZ.

They need true PvP badly, which would be incredibly fun, I just don't understand why they decided to forgo it. With all the skill and talent combinations PvP could be an absolute tactical blast.

I play a shit tonne of Diablo, for some reason I find Division far less rewarding.

Diablo actually had fun items with unique perks. This is all stat boosting perks on the same weapons we've been using since level 1. Give me a loot goblin spawning every time I kill an elite or leave a trail of fire in my path.

LiK

I'm staying home all weekend, so will be up for getting a squad together to hunt rogues. I need the trophy.

Cool, not sure if I'll be on during the weekend. But I'll check this thread for you if I'm in the mood to try it. I need that trophy too. Too lazy to grind an alt to cheese it right now.

Sevyne

The DZ needs work in regards to activities and shit to do, but if you think the rogue fests and backstabbing are unintended then you are severely misguided.

Remember that this was an actual trailer for the game.

Backstabbing and going rogue are intended, but if you think for a second that exploiting the game to get yourself a team the size of half of a DZ server into that one server was intended then you're simply delusional. That is NOT supposed to be a thing and it is a game ruining issue.

Zom

Banned
I cant even farm Hutch, its full of delta errors.

Edit: I correct myself, the entire game is full of delta errors

Backstabbing and going rogue are intended, but if you think for a second that exploiting the game to get yourself a team the size of half of a DZ server into that one server was intended then you're simply delusional. That is NOT supposed to be a thing and it is a game ruining issue.
Haven't run into this yet. Consoles? Pc?

WipedOut

Cool, not sure if I'll be on during the weekend. But I'll check this thread for you if I'm in the mood to try it. I need that trophy too. Too lazy to grind an alt to cheese it right now.

make sure to add me on PS4 - W193D0UT. Pretty much going to be playing nothing but this until the next Destiny update. Even then, not going to be playing Destiny as much, this games PVP is more my style.

lt519

This is what the dz is... lol

Not really. I'm talking Capture the Flag game modes, King of the Hill, Assassination, etc.

The DZ is not tactical at all. When have you seen a group of rogues being tactical? They just run up to people pop a link and faceroll people. DZ is run around shoot people while they are fighting NPCs or someone initiates a fight and its over before the other team was ready. Not saying get rid of DZ. Just there is a massive missed amount of content they could have that would be incredibly fun.

There's ways to add to the game without ruining your DZ fun that many people would enjoy.

On console. It's all I ever run into. Just organized groups of like 12 damn rogues sweeping the zones.
On one of our manhunts last night there were other groups that went rogue in the crossfire and there ended up being about 12 or so rogues, including our group of 4, all going after whomever they could get a shot on. It was absolute chaos haha.

That video is great, in that it shows you exactly what to expect in the dark done lol. There are no rules. At all.

Tons of rules in the dark zone that is the exact problem. Creates a zone for those who want true PVP to thrive. I think the marking system needs to be removed entirely it just prevents you from shooting on anyone for most people. The only ones that take the chance are the ones with gear far beyond anything I have found. At least in my experience I have yet to face a rogue that took more than a bar of health and yes that is without the defensive signature skill they all pop. Most people don't care about loot that i fighter either just killed by some random group for no reason they don't even bother to run up to me just run underground or to that dead end near one of the South Western exits with the area you gotta climb a ladder to get to and park there till the mark gets removed rinse repeat.

Don't really mind the DZ overall myself but it has some huge problems mainly the large groups getting together had a group of 8+ running around together whenever one would rogue up the others would just stand in the way of enemy fire marking those players as rogue

I don't get the huge gap in dark zone level unlocks either. They should spread out the rewards a lot more.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
We had rogue groups last night glitching underground near an extraction area. We tried it ourselves to see what happens and found that they spawn to a safehouse. So then we just waited at the safehouse everytime and let them come out to a group waiting.

Audioboxer

anyone know where I can get a half way decent sniper rifle? mine is feeling pretty weak right now. I'm lvl 30 but I'm kinda broke at the moment. trying to farm, but my sniper is holding me back.

I'm in the same boat I accidentally destroyed the purple one I bought from the weapons vendor. Are there any named enemies in DZ that drop Sniper rifles or is it just completely random?

I don't understand. No one ever drops high end weapons and I'm level 30. I can't make high end weapons cus I've no high end weapon parts etc

Yet everyone else has all high end :(:(

The DZ is not tactical at all.
This is simply not true. Surviving a manhunt is all about tactics. Escaping rogues is all about tactics.

Yes, there is griefing and ganking and that rare chance of getting the drop on someone who isn't paying attention, but there's a lot of tactics being used in the dz.

Skill management is crucial to surviving.

What stats/weapon you rocking?

Picked up the M44 blueprint for a vendor in the DZ. Not happy with the perks on the M44 at the moment. Need to try and roll another one later today. Still, I can't argue with the results. Been having a blast since I got this.

EDIT: Rolled another M44 and I'm much more happy with this one. That Harmful perk is going to be fun.

r2G39aH.jpg

quest

Not Banned from OT
vanilla diablo 3 with guns. If it was current diablo 3 with guns, it would be a lot of fun seeing a HE drop every half hour and actually things do you in the end game. Hopefully they'll realize what D3 did and in a game with getting good rolls and min/maxing it's ok to drop legendaries/HE at a decent rate because it probably won't be the one they want or the roll they want.

It is also like vanilla with the insane RNG on gear. They need a way to take away some of the RNG of gear rolls like diablo did with ROS. I have crafted countless items and none of them are worth a damn because of RNG on top of RNG. Stuck for a week because I can't roll a Vector with more than 1 good talent. I won't even get into gear like knee pads where it might take a couple of thousand rolls to get a good item. They either need to reduce RNG or make HE gear rain from the skies.

I don't understand. No one ever drops high end weapons and I'm level 30. I can't make high end weapons cus I've no high end weapon parts etc

Yet everyone else has all high end :(:(
Are you breaking items down or selling them? You need to deconstruct your greens and blues and purples into parts to upgrade them into high end parts.

Really, you don't need to have a lot of credits once you hit 30. Break everything down.

Are you breaking items down or selling them? You need to deconstruct your greens and blues and purples into parts to upgrade them into high end parts.
Yes I've deconstructed everything I've ever gotten. I've not sold a thing. I've 48 weapon parts but they're always blue and the crafting station never has high end gear anyway :S

Daigoro

I'm in the same boat I accidentally destroyed the purple one I bought from the weapons vendor. Are there any named enemies in DZ that drop Sniper rifles or is it just completely random?
apparently there was a real nice sniper in sale in one of the safe house a few days ago, but we missed it...

Yes I've deconstructed everything I've ever gotten. I've not sold a thing. I've 48 weapon parts but they're always blue
Go to your crafting menu and go all the way to the bottom. You can turn the blues into high end parts.

5 green parts = 1 blue part
5 blue parts = 1 high end part
2 green dz tech = 1 blue dz tech
2 blue dz tech = 1 any regular high end part of your choice

The crafting station only has what blueprints you are given or put into it yourself. At 30, there's a vendor upstairs that sells high end blueprints, which can be bought with phoenix credits that you get from killing named bosses and finishing dailies and daily challenges.

Cob32

3 hours of Dz yielded only 9 yellow Division Tech :(

Oh well, at least we killed close to 20 players and survived a manhunt.

Are you doing purely chest runs or hitting bosses? The increase in boss division tech drop rate was not enough for me.

I think one yellow division tech per 32zone boss is about fair.

EL CUCO

On console. It's all I ever run into. Just organized groups of like 12 damn rogues sweeping the zones.
I get what you're saying. Even if Massive removed the ability to drop group and remain in the same server, what's going to stop people from teaming in the DZ? The only thing they could do is a add a report button I guess...even then, how could you prove it?

Are you doing purely chest runs or hitting bosses? The increase in boss division tech drop rate was not enough for me.

I think one yellow division tech per 32zone boss is about fair.

Both, barely got any drops from bosses or elites. Chests were also mostly blues and green, which we can't convert to yellow DT.

LiK

Go to your crafting menu and go all the way to the bottom. You can turn the blues into high end parts.

5 green parts = 1 blue part
5 blue parts = 1 high end part
2 green dz tech = 1 blue dz tech
2 blue dz tech = 1 any regular high end part of your choice

The crafting station only has what blueprints you are given or put into it yourself. At 30, there's a vendor upstairs that sells high end blueprints, which can be bought with phoenix credits that you get from killing named bosses and finishing dailies and daily challenges.

There's another vendor at 30? Why doesn't the game tell me that or did I miss the message? Lol

There's another vendor at 30? Why doesn't the game tell me that or did I miss the message? Lol
I think the game tells you about it, but I could be mistaken. He's upstairs in the tech wing. He sells gear, weapons, and blueprints, all purchasable with PCs.

Also, not gonna lie: it bothers me that Larae Barrett, the sadistic torturous leader of the Rikers, is given dialogue like, "I won't become just another black body to add to the pile!" (or something similar).

Ubi is tone deaf as fuck sometimes. If you want her to be a psycho, make her a psycho--don't give her some BLM-esque message minutes before you pump her full of 1000 bullets and she becomes, in fact, another (dead) black body.

noomi

Rank 36 in the DZ, and still not a single HE drop for the last few days.

Opened a dozen chests, kill probably 20 named enemies. I'm at 100% scavenging too..

What a shit. You got the mission rewards though? Phoenix creds and stuff.

Yeah :-\ Still bugs me--I'm mostly purpled up, and even that gear could stand some improvement.

I have a number of HE items that have lower armor ratings than my purples. I guess it's a matter of weighing the perks. For example, one piece of gear actually takes a percentage of Firearms/Stamina and uses it to boost my Skills; however, even with that, it's less than my purple armor with Skill boost. I guess if I had a much higher Firearms/Stamina, it might even out, though.

lt519

We were talking about how cool it'd be if while extracting you could also just grab onto the rope and be air lifted out. So many times we've been like, "Alright let's just extract and then leave."

I have a number of HE items that have lower armor ratings than my purples.

PvE HE items all drop at iLvl 30 if I'm not mistaken. The only reason they are better than any other piece of purple ilvl 30 gear is the talent that is sometimes useless. You are honestly better going for iLvl 31 purples than iLvl 30 HE if you are trying to get firearms/stamina/electronics/armor up. Challenge mode has lost its appeal after just a few runs when I realized that crafting is the way to get end game gear or rely on pretty harsh RNG in the DZ for HE drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom