• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Somehow the hat always reminds me of:

screen-shot-2012-12-22-at-11-50-18-am.png

The wet bandits are nothing to mess with!

lmao stacking smart cover makes CM easy mode

Love me some smart cover, didn't realize it could stack though.... we were trying to use it with the tech signature skill and it was pretty insane.

bjaelke

Further confirmation that we should get excited about next week:
The game may have just released but we already have a new update for you to dive into! This will be in your hands next week and fear not, more information about it will be revealed very soon so keep your eyes peeled
lmao stacking smart cover makes CM easy mode

Shhh. Don't tell Massive. Already lost the ability to exploit trained talent.

Oh man, those stats. Going to be a while before I get close to that.

Nice to see someone else wearing a trapper hat, last night in the DZ I was way more excited to get a white trapper hat vs the 20+ legendaries.
I got a trapper hat early on and it's all I have worn. Won't be changing anytime soon.

Of all the endgame characters im seeing everyone has more or less gone for similar builds.
Is it not worth going full tank or electronics build?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
So I'm doing something wrong? I attempted Matchmaking Challenge Mode 3 different times on 3 different occasions and each time I have been immediately booted from the Team as soon as I join.I'm unlucky or what?

Of all the endgame characters im seeing everyone has more or less gone for similar builds.
Is it not worth going full tank or electronics build?
Depending on your Weapon Talents mostly everyone will do a Health/Electronics build or Health/Firearm build. Nobody does Firearm/Electronics Build because all the DPS in the world won't save from getting shredded in CM for having low health.

Ted

Enjoying the Dark Zone. Most of the amusing moments relate to folk assuming a solo player is going to be a walk over and being surprised when they find out I'm not solo and even when I am, not quite such easy pickings as they were hoping.

Usually at the moment I am retreating from rogues, trying to wear them down to make them lose interest rather than taking them out directly unless I absolutely have to so I have put more stats into health than DPS.

Mainly I'm in there for the PvE but inevitably get involved in some PvP here and there and am wondering if my character is decent enough to take them on rather than scoot around.

My main char is only level 13 but I'm not sure if these numbers are even decent at this level for DZ stuff:

PrimaryDPS/Health/Skill Power = 6,413/7,814/1,070

Primary gun is a lightweight M4 and secondary is a SCAR-L (slightly less DPS but only by a couple of hundred).

Anyone got any idea or comparative numbers for when they were/are level 13?

TIA for any replies.

deoee

I'm so conditioned to the OT 1 name that I always struggle finding this one because of the added "Tom Clancy's" :D

Keep having side missions that have unlocked disappear and when they do show up, become un-selectable so I can't put down a marker. It's the small things like this that are keeping me from absolutely loving this game.

noomi

Further confirmation that we should get excited about next week:

Oh nice, first I'm hearing about this. Would you happen to have a source kind sir?

I got a trapper hat early on and it's all I have worn. Won't be changing anytime soon.

Same here! Been rocking a modern trapper hat since day 1, but wanted a white/light grey one to go with my grey slim jacket and last night RNGesus blessed me :D

trapper bro's!

Enjoying the Dark Zone. Most of the amusing moments relate to folk assuming a solo player is going to be a walk over and being surprised when they find out I'm not solo and even when I am, not quite such easy pickings as they were hoping.

Usually at the moment I am retreating from rogues, trying to wear them down to make them lose interest rather than taking them out directly unless I absolutely have to so I have put more stats into health than DPS.

Mainly I'm in there for the PvE but inevitably get involved in some PvP here and there and am wondering if my character is decent enough to take them on rather than scoot around.

My main char is only level 13 but I'm not sure if these numbers are even decent at this level for DZ stuff:

PrimaryDPS/Health/Skill Power = 6,413/7,814/1,070

Primary gun is a lightweight M4 and secondary is a SCAR-L (slightly less DPS but only by a couple of hundred).

Anyone got any idea or comparative numbers for when they were/are level 13?

TIA for any replies.

Dont have numbers for yiu but If you're going against other players of the same level there isn't much a of a difference. If you're going against a level 19 or higher you're likely in for an uphill battle.

Your build won't really take shape until you're closer to 30 IMO. At that level you're just grinding to get to 30 anyway you can, amaassing tools, weapons parts, electronics, and fabric,and figuring which skills you like.

valkyre

Why did they fuck up phoenix credits so much in DZ??

I just want to get the Liberator before the damn Vendor restocks and by the looks of it (and calculating my available gaming time) i wont be able to get it...

Why did they fuck up phoenix credits so much in DZ??

I just want to get the Liberator before the damn Vendor restocks and by the looks of it (and calculating my available gaming time) i wont be able to get it...

What is so fucked up about it? How do you earn pc in the DZ?

noomi

What is so fucked up about it? How do you earn pc in the DZ?

Just severely nerfed the rate at which you receive phoenix credits. People in the first two days were basically swimming in them compared to what we have now.

I think they need to be brought back just a bit more, maybe 50 per daily?

Just severely nerfed the rate at which you receive phoenix credits. People in the first two days were basically swimming in them compared to what we have now.

Dropped by normal enemies?

When will the blueprints vendor reset? Only have two prints from him and need at least 3 more 😔

Pop

No way. That would be one piece of high end daily. That's too much. You should have to work to get the best gear. Or maybe RNGesus will shine on you.

MicSte79

Neo Member
Genuine question , what kept you playing destiny so long ? Pvp ?

I put 120 hrs or so into destiny and its expansions (which for me is a lot) and I felt I had seen / done everything I needed short of collecting more guns.

I can understand if you play a ton of pvp because I was never a huge destiny pvp guy , but in most other aspects division probably stacks up (once incursions hit which will probably be equivalent to destinys raids ).

I expect I will probably hit the 50-60 hr mark and be done with division but will still be satisfied with the amount I've played .

But I am keen to see how incursions works so hopefully at the rate I play I'll just hit 30 and the next update will come out :)

I only ever played the OG Destiny and got bored after about 10 hours.

Have just bought Destiny Taken King Legendary Edition and will be giving it a go for the second and final time to see if I enjoy it.

For me I think I am done with the Division until they make it more interesting (if it happens). The city is big but there is nothing to do in it apart from shoot rats and dogs.

Was able to scrounge up enough phoenix coins to afford the vector 45. I can now do over 100k damage with my primary with the right gear equipped.

RS4-

Clearly they want people to farm 2 pc per boss in the dz!

Ted

Dont have numbers for yiu but If you're going against other players of the same level there isn't much a of a difference. If you're going against a level 19 or higher you're likely in for an uphill battle.

Your build won't really take shape until you're closer to 30 IMO. At that level you're just grinding to get to 30 anyway you can, amaassing tools, weapons parts, electronics, and fabric,and figuring which skills you like.

Thanks qa. Much appreciated.

First DZ bracket (based on PvE ranks) is [I believe] 1-14 so currently I will only be facing, at max, players one level above me. I want to play DZ all through the game not just get to 30 as quickly as possible and then grind from there. I'm fairly casual so I don't see myself advancing to 30 with any great speed or necessarily being as interested in the DZ at that point anyway due to the reported disparity between drops and PC rates in week one compared to now.

A couple of thousand DPS difference I can work around but the potentially more than twice as much difference between a fresh 30 and a vet 30 sounds pretty daft. Fresh level 30s seem to be around 40 - 60k DPS whereas those who hit 30 early and before the nerf all seem to be 100k plus.

Essentially I want the winner of a PvP gun-fight to be more about skill and strategy than hours spent grinding and right now the lower DZ zones seem more likely to offer that as gear seems to have less disparity at these lower levels.

All of that said, this is just from reading about peoples progress here and elsewhere on the internet so I could be totally wrong.

noomi

Dropped by normal enemies?

When will the blueprints vendor reset? Only have two prints from him and need at least 3 more ��

Enemies in the dark zone used to drop 10-15 pheonix credits or something around that I believe.

The vendor should have a timer in the upper left corner, not sure what that time is. Some vendors reset with the daily reset, others are on separate timers.

No way. That would be one piece of high end daily. That's too much. You should have to work to get the best gear. Or maybe RNGesus will shine on you.

I haven't checked many vendors yet, but I thought most of the gear I've seen around the BoO seems to be around 150+ phoenix credits.

Was able to scrounge up enough phoenix coins to afford the vector 45. I can now do over 100k damage with my primary with the right gear equipped.

Bought the blueprint yesterday, but found out that when you craft it.... your firepower has a direct affect on how it will roll (is this actually true?), so I'm trying to max my firepower before crafting.

Seems kind of silly this way, but oh well... it is what it is.

valkyre

Enemies in the dark zone used to drop 10-15 pheonix credits or something around that I believe.

The vendor should have a timer in the upper left corner, not sure what that time is. Some vendors reset with the daily reset, others are on separate timers.

I haven't checked many vendors yet, but I thought most of the gear I've seen around the BoO seems to be around 150+ phoenix credits.

Bought the blueprint yesterday, but found out that when you craft it.... your firepower has a direct affect on how it will roll, so I'm trying to max my firepower before crafting.

I am hearing conflicting reports on this, but does the Special Vendor in BoO restock blueprints as well? Because some people claim he only restocks weapon and items for sale, not the blueprints.

Do you happen to know?

deoee

Wut? IGN gave it a 6.7? Are they for real? This game is a solid 9 for the fun I had.

Yo IGN gave it a 6,7 but if you watch the video it's just a really really bad reviewer (imo).

But I said multiple times : I don't care about any numbers anymore

your firepower has a direct affect on how it will roll (is this actually true?), so I'm trying to max my firepower before crafting.

Any sure fire evidence to back this claim up? i know it getting thrown about but you can use the DPS stat as evidence of anything it a completly bollocks stat effected by far to many random factors.

And ignore the pattern stats too that it also a mess.

Are you saying that the actual damage per bullet of a rolled weapon is affected by the firearms stat that you have at that exact moment when you craft it?

Because i am not seeing this when i roll weapons. All weapons have a minimum and maximum damage range roll. The DPS of weapons can vary wildly because of perks etc but the actual damage range of the roll is always the same.

Wut? IGN gave it a 6.7? Are they for real? This game is a solid 9 for the fun I had.

Dude the guy that give this a 6.7 gave the half finished piece of shit, over hyped, flash in a pan Evolve a 9.... a 9!

Plus despite the things Street Fighter 5 does well, at it's core it's another unfinished game and it still got a 8.0.

An a mediocre addition to a mediocre franchise WWE 2K16 has a freaky 8.8? like wat? i'm sorry.

I understand a 7.0 or 7.5 in that ball park but seriously most of the complaints this game gets are literally personal preference half the time. Though i will say i agree with some peoples talking points regardless like interaction overall within the world and a few other things as well.

But if bullet sponge enemies are a main complaint then i don't understand why people play games. Because those are almost everywhere even in really good games. Either way I'm going to say that this guy is not a fan of these types of games overall really, given his review catalog.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Is raw DPS what I want to be looking on for weapons? Only level 11 atm but obviously something with a low fire rate but huge damage, say a shotgun,would have a lower DPS than an assault rifle with lower damage but fast fire rate.

I guess I'm just a bit stuck on trying to figure out when I should drop my weapons and upgrade... It'd also help me figure out what (if anything) i should craft.

deoee

Dude the guy that give this a 6.7 give fucking the half finished piece of shit, over hyped, flash in a pan Evolve a 9.... a 9!

Plus despite the things Street Fighter 5 does well, at it's core another unfinished game and it still got a 8.0.

Also a mediocre addition to a lately mediocre franchise WWE 2K16 has a freaky 8.8? like wat? i'm sorry.

I understand a 7.0 or 7.5 in that ball park but seriously most of the complaints this game gets are literally personal preference half the time. Though i will say i agree with some peoples talking points regardless like interaction overall on with the world and a few other things as well.

But if bullet sponge enemies are a meain complaint then i don't understand why people play games. Because those are almost everywhere even in really good games. Either way I'm going to say that this guy is not a fun of these types of games overall really, given his review catalog.

I really feel like this game surprised many people and they are trying hard to look for complaints.

Like bulletsponges, "always the same enemies" - fuck there are 4 factions and each one of them has so different tactics..., bland environment - oh yeah, the game world has no appeal at all and we have seen things like the DZ for 100 times already. And the stupid list goes oooon and ooooooon

noomi

Are you saying that the actual damage per bullet of a rolled weapon is affected by the firearms stat that you have at that exact moment when you craft it?

This is what I've been told but I'm not really sure to be completely honest, and was hoping to get some feedback from people here.

The inventory UI is a damn mess too, and seems very buggy, stats randomly change when you hover over gear, and they don't update properly when you change mods either. So I might be mistaken completely...

I guess the best way to verify or debunk this would be for us to compare our First Wave Marksman Rifles purchased from the vendor yesterday.

So in the name of science, for anyone that has purchase a First Wave Rifle yesterday, take off all of your weapon mods and tell me what your damage is.... please :)

Archpath1

Is raw DPS what I want to be looking on for weapons? Only level 11 atm but obviously something with a low fire rate but huge damage, say a shotgun,would have a lower DPS than an assault rifle with lower damage but fast fire rate.

I guess I'm just a bit stuck on trying to figure out when I should drop my weapons and upgrade... It'd also help me figure out what (if anything) i should craft.

I don't think it mattered for me when moving up
Kept switching from weapon to weapon
As long as it had a good fire rate(I faster rpms) decent stats I took it

Lvl30 is when you decide what you want

STAT CRATFING

I do think something changes
My group looked at the base dmg and we all had different numbers for crafting the vector

I had 8.2-9.5. Then later after 2hrs it when down 7.4-8.3
I did change some gear out

deoee

On low levels just go with the weapon that handles best for you.
Later on you can change far worse handled weapons into monsters with high dps (eg Vector).

cross posting from the review thread:

Am i doing something wrong when i play?

So far the only things i find compelling on the main missions. so if im level 12 and the next main mission is min recommended 16, from levels 12-16 im just so bored.

the side missions are okay, the encounters are boring, and walking between them is dull.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.

STAT CRATFING

My group looked at the base dmg and we all had different numbers for crafting the vector

On low levels just go with the weapon that handles best for you.
Later on you can change far worse handled weapons into monsters with high dps (eg Vector).

Okay cool, I guess I'll think less :p Cheers!

TheMan

maybe i've been oblivious but I noticed some significant lag tonight (single player). Things like sniper shots taking a second to register, or when breaking down gear i've consistently been getting a message that says "no materials recovered" but after a second the mats will pop up. Anyone else getting this?

deoee

cross posting from the review thread:

Am i doing something wrong when i play?

So far the only things i find compelling on the main missions. so if im level 12 and the next main mission is min recommended 16, from levels 12-16 im just so bored.

the side missions are okay, the encounters are boring, and walking between them is dull.
Don't just walk around and kill stuff - I enjoy it way more if I actually listen to what happens in the Echos and etc.
Also try not to play alone. The coop and especially harder difficulties for the missions make the experience so much better.

Also if you need a change venture into the DZ.

STAT CRATFING

I crafted 5 vectors, they all had different DMG stats, even the critical hit chance % ranged from 21-24.

Don't just walk around and kill stuff - I enjoy it way more if I actually listen to what happens in the Echos and etc.
Also try not to play alone. The coop and especially harder difficulties for the missions make the experience so much better.

Also if you need a change venture into the DZ.

i like the dark zone but its usually like 30 mins of not having fun followed by 10 of having fun.

i got smoked by myself for such a long time and eventually grouped up with some guys and did okay, got some good loot. someone accidentally shot someone else and all the sudden we're all rouge and everyone at the extraction site opens fire, group quit out of frustration.

Yo IGN gave it a 6,7 but if you watch the video it's just a really really bad reviewer (imo).

But I said multiple times : I don't care about any numbers anymore

Destiny got crapped on everywhere and I played that game for 1000+ hours. I haven't been on the same page as mainstream reviewers for a very long time. So far I'm 45 hours into The Division and having a great time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom