• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoee

Destiny got crapped on everywhere and I played that game for 1000+ hours. I haven't been on the same page as mainstream reviewers for a very long time. So far I'm 45 hours into The Division and having a great time.

Dito, it's just sad that many people won't experience the game because someone decided to give it a "low" number because he does not like it for whatever reason there is :D

Clearos

I yell Red Panda when i met rando's in the DZ, apparently I have not run into any GAF yet.....or people with a sense of humor.

BrettWeir

Anyone having issues with launching the game this morning? I click "Continue" and it minimizes the game and takes me to Ubisofts website......that's all it will do.

napalmjam

Think I am done with this game I can't bring myself to play it only got to level 10 . Wish I could get into games like this but they just don't hold my attention .

Dito, it's just sad that many people won't experience the game because someone decided to give it a "low" number because he does not like it for whatever reason there is :D

Eh, it won't really be a concern for this game based on the sale numbers. If some weak-minded individual passes on a game that interests them because some random guy told them it was mediocre then they have other issues to work out.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That feeling you get when you're carrying HE gear in the DZ and your group decides to aggro "just one more" pack of 10 level 32 yellows when you guys are low on ammo.

Of course we died.

That feeling you get when you are running back to your HE gear and the freaking yellow light feels like it is beckoning to everyone on the server. ;)

Think I am done with this game I can't bring myself to play it only got to level 10 . Wish I could get into games like this but they just don't hold my attention .

Oddly enough these types of games (Destiny, The Division, Diablo III, etc) are the only ones that hold my attention these days. I can't get into anything else.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Of all the endgame characters im seeing everyone has more or less gone for similar builds.
Is it not worth going full tank or electronics build?
If you're playing with randoms, high DPS is preferable since it's very difficult to co-ordinate. One of my friends is doing an electronics build and he can spam pulse skill 2 seconds after the first one goes away, it's so helpful. No one else has to use that skill and can take something else.

That feeling you get when you're carrying HE gear in the DZ and your group decides to aggro "just one more" pack of 10 level 32 yellows when you guys are low on ammo.

Of course we died.

That feeling you get when you are running back to your HE gear and the freaking yellow light feels like it is beckoning to everyone on the server. ;)
1st rule: If you get yellow you extract. Period.

I haven't played in the last two days because I felt bored a bit. Hoping to hop on today with some people from GAF. Even after reaching level 30 and going into the DZ it still feels a bit slow.

Is anyone looking to farm CM with smart cover and the tech perk later? I wouldn't mind doing an hour of that for some PC

noomi

the echo bug where you cant pick them up is tilting me

Had this happen to me a few times as well already, I plan on going through all the collectibles I've missed over this weekend though.

Just out of curiosity are you playing solo or with friends? Makes a big difference in the fun factor :)

Has anyone heard about the secret area you can only access with information figured out in the New York Collapse book? Or is this a "Mew is under the truck" level troll? I was told about it last night, and having the book I can say it wouldn't surprise me.

deoee

I don't think you want a book with the pages all stuck together :p

giphy.gif

Klyka

Banned
Of all the endgame characters im seeing everyone has more or less gone for similar builds.
Is it not worth going full tank or electronics build?

A friend and I are going Stamina/Electronics while our third friend is going full DPS/Stamina

I am the healer, I have a support station with + to healing speed and + to range and I use the direct heal with overheal which heals 65k now

My friend is our tank, he has +threat equipment and +ballistic shield health and his shield has 450k health (last time I asked). He uses the Damascus as his pistol with the talent that let's bleeds jump over on targets. it works really well and he tanks everything, from shotguns to turrets. his shield also regens extremely fast when in cover

our other friend with DPS is all about CC with gas seeker mine and flashbang sticky bomb

we clear missions pretty well :D

knitoe

the echo bug where you cant pick them up is tilting me

Yeah I've had that happen too. Pretty much gave up on the collectibles because of it. I'm not gonna waste my time if I won't be able to collect them all.

Hopefully it gets patched soon.

Some you just activate, with nothing to collect, and they count toward the total echo amount. You will see the number upping your total if you pay attention. I still have one of those showing on the map, but I was still able to get them all and have the jacket reward.

Leyasu

Banned
Doesn't seem to be, my group ventured between dz01 - dz06 yesterday and we were getting the same quality gear in dz02 as in dz06.
I shall have a good look tomorrow. I have just hit 30, and have the day off tomorrow. I plan on doing a seven hour DZ farm..

Ashtar

Dang didn't realize that I hadn't posted in here yet.
Got to level 28 last night and did the last mission one
More main mission to do (medical) got a nice smg and sniper with 20 rounds and the ability to blind.

What are guys looking forward to in updates? I hope they do a re invasion where they remix the levels with different factions rikers in msg and lmb in the tunnel.
Unique bosses with special skills eg can light you on fire when they critical hit you and events in the dark zone, lmb chopper invading

Another two hard dailies and one challenge and no upgrade again. Haven't had a piece that complements my current gear since Saturday, been stuck at 90k/70k/10k all week. Got the AK and Vector blueprint but that's about it. All I really want is to unlock the talents on my weapons but I can't get the right stats to do so.

CRA5H

Man, being in a full group in DZ makes me feel like I'm with a pride of lions. We go and wipe the floor of named elites and loot our rewards.. then you see that one solo hyena come along and take loot for himself where he put in absolutely no work.

It's National Geographic all up in here.

noomi

Just purchased the Vector blueprint this morning, anything I need to know before I craft it?

Or.... After I craft it for that matter?

Crafted another vector and bought the yellow clip blueprint and built.

....both are worse than my current vector and purple clip :(

Feels bad man.

Edit. they really need to have a reason to venture past DZ 1-4..like 5 and 6 hit WAY harder and they drop the same stuff. Same ilevel it appears too.

Some you just activate, with nothing to collect, and they count toward the total echo amount. You will see the number upping your total if you pay attention. I still have one of those showing on the map, but I was still able to get them all and have the jacket reward.

What? There are cosmetic rewards for the collectibles? Damn! I know what I have to do asap!

Rodin

If you buy the physical PC copy can you install the game from the disc or you still have to download it, similarly to what happened with other recent PC games?

Crackbone

Doesn't seem to be, my group ventured between dz01 - dz06 yesterday and we were getting the same quality gear in dz02 as in dz06.

You have a chance of higher ilvl item drops up there. I've had several ilvl 31-32 Superior and High End drops up there over the last few days.

Leyasu

Banned
As fresh 30 you will struggle with DZ01-02 for that seven hours, maybe :b

Lol I know.

Any EU/UK adult xbox players want to add me. I have some good people that play this as well. We could make some big DZ teams.

Van Winkel x

Dang didn't realize that I hadn't posted in here yet.
Got to level 28 last night and did the last mission one
More main mission to do (medical) got a nice smg and sniper with 20 rounds and the ability to blind.

What are guys looking forward to in updates? I hope they do a re invasion where they remix the levels with different factions rikers in msg and lmb in the tunnel.
Unique bosses with special skills eg can light you on fire when they critical hit you and events in the dark zone, lmb chopper invading

I can't wait to see what the incursions are like.

noomi

You'll need stability

Stabilty mods, got it!

Thank you, bookmarked.

You have a chance of higher ilvl item drops up there. I've had several ilvl 31-32 Superior and High End drops up there over the last few days.

Hmm, I might check it out once i get my gear a bit higher then. Sitting around 87K DPS and 45K Stam at the moment.

So.

For someone who enjoyed the BETA but is afraid of the end game not having enough content, do you guys feel that I should wait a few more weeks or just go for it?

Klyka

Banned
So.

For someone who enjoyed the BETA but is afraid of the end game not having enough content, do you guys feel that I should wait a few more weeks or just go for it?

I would advise you to wait till the first Content drop in April at least.

It is not far away and adds a new endgame activity and "much more" and by that update we can gauge how the future Content might turn out.

The DPS stat is really wierd. It makes assumptions about how often you reload/headshot/critical which might not be comparable to how you use a weapon.

You really have to look at all the stats and try the guns out.
Personally, I prefer low fire rates, high bullet damage and big magazines.
High fire rates tend to cause more misses from recoil, and a lot of my deaths happen when reloading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom