• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLunted

Banned
MASSIVE really need to make the Tech stat relevant. I can't see much use for a Tech heavy build right now.

It's always firepower > stamina > tech

Yea its quite bad, outside of healing and the ults, the tech perks are pretty useless.

You could not be more wrong. I run a high tech build along with Pulse and smart cover, and I routinely hear from other players how they like 800k crits and extra survivability. Challenge modes are a breeze when I am on your team(sorry to sound arrogant). Also keep in mind that incursions are right around the corner, and we dont know if the holy trinity will be required for groups. If so, you'll be seeing a lot of "LFM for incursion, need tank, heals and support. Kthx" in zone chat(if you haven't already turned that cesspool off).

Here is what I am currently running:

25954058552_cf8e5ea51b_o.png

25441817774_bed3123935_o.png

26020651666_2f7c998722_o.png

ISOM

You could not be more wrong. I run a high tech build along with Pulse and smart cover, and I routinely hear from other players how they like 800k crits and extra survivability. Also keep in mind that incursions are right around the corner, and we dont know if the holy trinity will be required for groups. If so, you'll be seeing a lot of "LFM for incursion, need tank, heals and support. Kthx" in zone chat(if you haven't already turned that cesspool off).

25954058552_cf8e5ea51b_o.png

25441817774_bed3123935_o.png

26020651666_2f7c998722_o.png

Damn that's pretty good. I am at around 28K Skill Power and would like to go more but am worried about pvp in the DZ. How do you fare there?

Iceman829

You could not be more wrong. I run a high tech build along with Pulse and smart cover, and I routinely hear from other players how they like 800k crits and extra survivability. Also keep in mind that incursions are right around the corner, and we dont know if the holy trinity will be required for groups. If so, you'll be seeing a lot of "LFM for incursion, need tank, heals and support. Kthx" in zone chat(if you haven't already turned that cesspool off).

I keep telling my friends to not worry about all dps and sacrificing other stats, especially if they want to play support roles (they don't shoot so great). My only question is how do you find your survivability with 52k health in that build? It seems like the abilities get a nice boost, but can you take some shots?

k1t4j

Is using an M1a with balanced + brutal with explosive bullets the most fun you can have in The division?

It might just well be, yes :)

nbraun80

I keep telling my friends to not worry about all dps and sacrificing other stats, especially if they want to play support roles (they don't shoot so great). My only question is how do you find your survivability with 52k health in that build? It seems like the abilities get a nice boost, but can you take some shots?

I'm guessing he just relies on the smart cover that due to his build last 21 sec. on a 20 sec. cooldown.

BLunted

Banned

Smart cover reduces damage by 73% and slowly regenerates health and lowers skill timers. I also use the perk that lowers cooldowns by 20% if low health. If i am in trouble, i can usually move and re-apply smart cover on demand. I rarely find myself in situations where I have to use med kits.

Ah ok I see. But I'd like to know how those with a high Skill build fare in pvp.

Quite well if you run with a group. Solo, probably not as much.

It's all about propping up your group.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I love players that think I'm an easy target while solo.

tumblr_n85a2nvObl1qh9nffo1_500.gif

Keep giving me that free exp.

k1t4j

Holy shit, found PUG that finished the first run of Tunnel CM in 15 minutes.

We been doing it for the past hour :D those PC creds coming in. After we split I need to farm DIV tech :(

Granadier

Also, Damascus is killer when chasing people down. That bleed effect stops them from running.

Also, Damascus is killer when chasing people down. That bleed effect stops them from running.

Haha, that reminds me. Shot one bullet from Damascus at another player in the DZ to try and bait him into shooting me back and going rogue.

Forgot all about the bleed effect.

Turned me rogue and then I had to kill him anyway.

Hope they add events/dailies to the DZ. Ground my way up to level 30 and not looking forward to going to 50. Just goes so slow when you are solo out there.

tick221

I would almost throw real money at the game for a HE chest piece. I have many multiples of everything else but am still running a purple chest piece.

T.O.P

Banned
So the talent "Heal youself for 3% of you crit damage" on SMGs is OP as fuck

I have a crit chance of 60%, i pretty much can't die if i never stop shooting lol

Anyone fancy raiding the dark zone?

I'm level 29 and deliberately avoiding getting to 30 until I get my dark zone rank up

Am bobs_99 and am looking for level 25's to 29's on ps4!

Deku Tree

Is Crit damage only headshots? Can you get crit damage on body shots? Is getting Crit's to proc RNG? Why do you have a Crit chance percentage?

Mediking

Finding starting to get the hang of the Division... My only problem is that I'm constantly low on cash. I'm level 6 by the way. I set up my Base of Operations. I started up my Medical wing and Tech wing but haven't started my Security wing.

So please gimme tips to increase my cash greatly and get better weapons.

Granadier

I forgot about the bleed effect too. I found a ilvl 31 purple sidearm in the DZ that takes three mods and does a lot more damage than Damascus so I switched.

Honestly for me sidearm damage is irrelevant.
Bleed effect > anything.

But that's just for my uses
killing players

Awwwyess. So good.

"How do I know you're not an adult? Your name has 'emoji' in it."

Lolll

Can't believe how mad those guys got. I should have recorded some of those fights.

Is Crit damage only headshots? Can you get crit damage on body shots? Is getting Crit's to proc RNG? Why do you have a Crit chance percentage?

Crit damage and headshot damage are separate from each other, so yes, you can get critical body shots. You can get a critical headshot. The criticals is random. The yellow numbers that comes from the enemies are critical hits. and the yellow x marks that appear on enemies when your shooting them are headshots.

If you're on the run, a good counter to the Damascus or any other status effect is dropping a support station with the immunity mod and running through it. Instantly clears whatever status effect you're under the spell of. Escaped a manhunt last night doing this, and also timing my overdose
and also my good friends running distraction lol

anx10us

Banned
Finding starting to get the hang of the Division... My only problem is that I'm constantly low on cash. I'm level 6 by the way. I set up my Base of Operations. I started up my Medical wing and Tech wing but haven't started my Security wing.

Don't stress, you really don't need to buy anything until later lvl 20+ ...

Dark zone should have normalised weapons like destiny.

Ran into a group of three rogues earlier who were invincible. My sniper rifle was doing barely any damage at all. How can you play a game with such imbalance ?

nbraun80

I wouldn't wore too much about using cash to buy weapons that much. You'll fight stuff from doing missions and usually whatever you buy will be crappy in 2-4 levels anyways. But yeah just doing side missions and such gets you credits.
Crit damage and headshot damage are separate from each other, you can get a critical headshot. The criticals is random.
Also the crit. chance obviously helps yiu crit more the higher your percentage.

ISOM

Early on just collect any loot you find and sell the ones you don't need. You won't need to deconstruct it that much until later.

BLunted

Banned
Really? I've never really paid attention to time but Lincoln feels quicker to me.

When I run Lexington, it usually takes 10-15 mins. WIth tunnel, usually 20 mins. Depends on the group.

With tunnel, players just cannot resist climbing down from the roof after the first wave on the final fight. I tell them "if you die down there, I am not coming to get you" because it almost always results in a wipe. Dumbasses try to push forward, then get overwhelmed.

Arrrammis

Really? I've never really paid attention to time but Lincoln feels quicker to me.

In the Lexington mission, you can trap half of the mobs in their spawn room with stun grenades and wreck them extremely quickly, so if you can get a team that does that, you can do Lexington in <10 minutes.

I'm not sure if it is a server issue or if its an issue to updating to the latest windows insider build, but man my game has been real laggy as of late. Normally the game runs buttery smooth with everything maxed out on my rig. Even with the settings put on low the game just lags. I wonder what is the cause of this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom