• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushay

So I'm finally getting to the point where Challenging missions aren't impossible. Did challenging consulate today with randoms. I couldn't believe we did it. No real drops to speak of, but it's getting me in the process of farming challenge missions.

This is a positive step!

Same here, only my trial by fire was Warrengate Mother-effing Power Plant. Oh the horror.

Don't like the shotgunners you say? Here HAVE 5 OF THEM AT ONCE! *Maniacal laugh*

These exploits allowing people to farm really need to be addressed. Massive has been incredibly quick to act with patches and fixes but they really need to start dealing out some kind of repercussion when players are doing stuff like glitching geometry or pulling a dozen extra bodies into instances.

I don't say this because I want people to be punished but because without punishment, people will abuse the shit out of this stuff and be so far ahead of the intended progression rate that the entire difficulty curve will be messed up. Anyone who is not abusing these things will end up left behind and for every player that gears to the gills using these methods that plays in the DZ evenly (meaning a mix of farming, Rogueing, Rogue hunting), there's going to be a player who gears to the gills and then goes to the DZ specifically to grief.

I don't think a ban would be necessary but I think a rollback to before the farming took place would be appropriate. Wouldn't even need to do it to everyone. Just hit the most egregious abusers with rollbacks and the word will spread just as fast as the exploits do.

RS4-

These exploits allowing people to farm really need to be addressed. Massive has been incredibly quick to act with patches and fixes but they really need to start dealing out some kind of repercussion when players are doing stuff like glitching geometry or pulling a dozen extra bodies into instances.

I don't say this because I want people to be punished but because without punishment, people will abuse the shit out of this stuff and be so far ahead of the intended progression rate that the entire difficulty curve will be messed up. Anyone who is not abusing these things will end up left behind and for every player that gears to the gills using these methods that plays in the DZ evenly (meaning a mix of farming, Rogueing, Rogue hunting), there's going to be a player who gears to the gills and then goes to the DZ specifically to grief.

I don't think a ban would be necessary but I think a rollback to before the farming took place would be appropriate. Wouldn't even need to do it to everyone. Just hit the most egregious abusers with rollbacks and the word will spread just as fast as the exploits do.

obviously, it's to catch up to those that no-lifed the game the first 3 days after release, and before the pxc and drop rate nerf!

This Hornet farm is a pain in the ass.

Also, scavenging does NOT work confirmed.

Two us with 140%+ scavenging got zero HE drops from Hornet after a dozen kills.

One team mate with 35% scavenging got 4 HE drops!

Deku Tree

When the incursion hits I believe we're gonna have access to ilvl 32 stuff or maybe even higher. That's like a soft reset. The game is already built for those kinds of regular gear resets. Although they can't take away everyone's crafting material and currency. No way they do a rollback.

obviously, it's to catch up to those that no-lifed the game the first 3 days after release, and before the pxc and drop rate nerf!

The BK farm already did that. Folks were putting in work shift hours on farming him.

When the incursion hits I believe we're gonna have access to ilvl 32 stuff or maybe even higher. That's like a soft reset. The game is already built for those kinds of regular gear resets. Although they can't take away everyone's crafting material and currency. No way they do a rollback.

I don't believe that the Incursion was intended to be a complete gear reset so soon after launch. As it is, I'm sure that the BK farm has allowed people to outgear the planned difficulty for it. And going forward Massive will have to tweak the curve in order for the content to not seem absolutely trivial. Because players will have no problems whatsoever abusing the shit out of the game to overgear the content and then complain that the game is too easy.

Edit: And to make it clear. The Rollback as I suggested wouldn't be to set everyone back equally. Rollback the accounts of the people who abused the most and the word will spread that Expoiting will result in punishment. Once that is established and the community is aware of it, then the blatant exploiting and glitching will die down and there will be few enough people who continue to try that you actually can do bans without causing riots.

Hjod

Banned
I don't believe that the Incursion was intended to be a complete gear reset so soon after launch. As it is, I'm sure that the BK farm has allowed people to outgear the planned difficulty for it. And going forward Massive will have to tweak the curve in order for the content to not seem absolutely trivial. Because players will have no problems whatsoever abusing the shit out of the game to overgear the content and then complain that the game is too easy.

If and when they tweak the difficulty for Incursions the people who will get boned are the ones who never did BK, Hutch or RC, someone like me for example.

Macrotus

If and when they tweak the difficulty for Incursions the people who will get boned are the ones who never did BK, Hutch or RC, someone like me for example.

^ This, definitely.

If this were Blizzard, they would have fixed this kind of exploit asap.
Not leave it there for weeks and I have a feeling Massive would leave the Hornet exploit there for at least a week.

Cob32

They will never punish people for exploits like this. The amount of people doing it by the time they get back into the office tomorrow and the dlc packs they have down the line to sell won't allow it.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
All of these exploits, (skips, out of bounds, Hornet), are using the Mobile Cover on openable gates. They are probably just finding a way to stop it glitching through the gate so that they can fix them all in one.

Tecnniqe

Banned
All of these exploits, (skips, out of bounds, Hornet), are using the Mobile Cover on openable gates. They are probably just finding a way to stop it glitching through the gate so that they can fix them all in one.
It shouldn't be that hard, they already got some doors with protection against this

N30RYU

The best place for SOLO farming right now is Pizza Hutch and general assembly portable shield run??
Does the general assembly second
HE drop is a sniper? I need a better one for taking Hutch even faster

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
It shouldn't be that hard, they already got some doors with protection against this

What I've found through testing is that the only doors the glitch works on are ones that open. Static gates are just like walls. The collision model must have a slight gap where they come together or something similar.

Have you found double gates that open which the glitch doesn't work on?

N30RYU

Can someone post a Hornet youtube link description and tell me if is doable alone? Got no problem running general assembly on hard in under 10min

Mentok

Banned
Can someone post a Hornet youtube link description and tell me if is doable alone? Got no problem running general assembly on hard in under 10min

It isn't, as it requires a player to leave the mission.

I've asked this before, but don't think it was answered...what HE does Hutch drop (if any)? I've farmed him for hours and got nothing.

JohnCYQ

Current stats:
bT4CcjB.jpg

Still trying to craft 2 more stamina mods with skillpower to replace my firearms one, 3k feels more than fine.

ViciousDS

Banned

Edit: And to make it clear. The Rollback as I suggested wouldn't be to set everyone back equally. Rollback the accounts of the people who abused the most and the word will spread that Expoiting will result in punishment. Once that is established and the community is aware of it, then the blatant exploiting and glitching will die down and there will be few enough people who continue to try that you actually can do bans without causing riots.

Lol single handedly rollback hundreds of thousands of accounts......yes.....that's not happening. Most that happens is fixing exploits and that's pretty much it.

Bungie didn't ban or rollback my account for DC farming the raids......and that was serious gear in year one.

ViciousDS

Banned
Scavenging is 100% broken.

Dropped my scavenging by 20% and next kill dropped a yellow.

Team mate with 35% scavenging has had 6+ HE drops so far.

Yes.....there has to be a cap or something where going over isn't giving you the percentage and is dropping something behind the scenes.....or RNG is really, really fucked up

My cousin with 35% RNG last night was getting purples fucking everywhere I did however get the Cadechus or whatever it's called from a random yellow patrol and he didn't lol

erawsd

The amount of exploits and glitches piling up in this game is getting out of hand. I wonder if patch certification on consoles makes it difficult for them to address this stuff in a more timely manner.

Tecnniqe

Banned
What I've found through testing is that the only doors the glitch works on are ones that open. Static gates are just like walls. The collision model must have a slight gap where they come together or something similar.

Have you found double gates that open which the glitch doesn't work on?
I found a few doors that can open but proved impossible to glitch into.

HMD

That's a nice way to lose your most dedicated player base, as long as farming is worth it (as opposed to actual decent drop rates) people will do them.

void666

Banned
Randomly joined an 8 men team farming lexignton. Holy shit. That was chaotic. PS4 was shitting its pants with so much going on.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I just purchased the G810 keyboard and it comes with The Division. I was planning to get it on Xbox originally because of my GTX 680's 2GB VRAM, so now I was gonna ask how the game's textures look on 2GB. Anyone with the GTX 680 specifically playing it?
Excited for it nonetheless.

BLunted

Banned
Scavenging is 100% broken.

Dropped my scavenging by 20% and next kill dropped a yellow.

Team mate with 35% scavenging has had 6+ HE drops so far.

I thought scavenging only applied to containers. Do we have actual documentation that it affects drops, or it this just the community making assumptions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom