• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Wait what, you can matchmake for DZ?

Yup, go into any safe house and there will be a section for matchmaking. You can select either free roam or dark zone :)

They should really make it a little bit easier to matchmake though, I would like to be able to do so right from my map.... why not?

That spot needs something doing about it. Its the only place I've successfully survived manhunts.

There's another spot like this, which I think is a bit better. A building with only one entrance, and a a long staircase to get to the top. Very easy to hold up in here.

bjaelke

Yup, go into any safe house and there will be a section for matchmaking. You can select either free roam or dark zone :)

They should really make it a little bit easier to matchmake though, I would like to be able to do so right from my map.... why not?

You can (4th tab).

Z3yb1sD.jpg

What was the bonus again for surviving?

You get like 6000 DZ credits and a decent amount of XP.

Killing agents is way faster than ranking up via killing mobs.

Same. I've killed 68 rogues but I definitely have killed somewhere around 200 agents, at least.

We killed this one dude while he was sending a friend request to one of our teammates. We burst out laughing afterwards...

Stop hanging out in the Manhunt cheese spot!

There are other defensible spots in the DZ, but when you have 8-10 players chasing you, this is the best one. Dave and I mowed down 6 players who came up the ladder thinking they could take us out :p

I really hope I never come across you in the Dark Zone ruthless. If you see noomi, just let him live. Remember the good times we shared.

Sure, just kill yourself with your own grenade and drop your loot ;)

noomi

You can (4th tab).

Isn't this just for story missions though? Can you do the same for free roam and dark zone matchmaking?

if so... then :eek:

You get the same options as in the safehouses.

Awesome, never realized this. Will save me some time then! Instead to fast traveling into a Safe House, and then again into a DZ checkpoint :D

You get like 6000 DZ credits and a decent amount of XP.

What are your current stats sitting at, and what weapons are you using in the DZ these days?

Isn't this just for story missions though? Can you do the same for free roam and dark zone matchmaking?

if so... then :eek:

What are your current stats sitting at, and what weapons are you using in the DZ these days?

There is MM for everything including story missions, DZ, CM, side-missions and free-roam.

I'm using the Navy MP5, it's great for taking down multiple enemies at the same time.
Military SA-58 as secondary, it's a burst fire AR but hits really hard.

Deku Tree

Seems like the last patch reintroduced the game chat bug from beta that cuts out group members voice in the DZ (PS4)

That was funny when you dropped out of the group last night and went rogue and got rekt. Then soss did the same thing and I stole his HE gun mod. :p

EL CUCO

Haha I was targeting Soss since he was the only that didn't extract! You guys started team shotting me till I was face first in the pavement :(

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
6th manhunt of the day

CeoxuVrXIAAlIUO.jpg:large

Wish divtracker would show how many agents you've killed, not just rogues.

Killed close to 70 rogues, and at least 3 times as many agents :p

Same. I'm sitting at 74 rogues killed, but who knows how many neutrals.

My goal right now is focusing on crafting Firearms mods with the +armor attribute on it.

I survived a manhunt the other day and I'm convinced it was due to mitigation. For one, I could take 2-3 people shooting me long enough to find cover. Granted, they could've also just had bad weapons.

On the Move gives me an additional 30% that I'm fairly sure doesn't take the armor mitigation cap into account. Using the Critical Save talent, each time I came close to dying, I would just become 40% tougher to kill. This would buy time for self-heal to go off cooldown, and I could get back to an overheal.

Then, of course, there's the godly/OP Survivor Link.

After I survived a few different attempts on my life, I hid out in the middle of a group of elites and dropped aggro to wait the rest out.

Though, I will say that the Sticky Bomb decimates armor mitigation stacking.

EDIT:

Oh, no. For recalibration you need PC but to initially craft you need divtech

Ahh, well, that's at least a little more comforting. Especially since the next update should be reintroducing the PC drop for elites in the DZ. DZ06 is about to get a lot more popular.

The answer is Not Enough >:]

For going rogue I use a shock turret and the ammo support station or booster shot, depending on if I'm being offensive or holding a position. Also use the survivor link for quick getaways or if we get rushed.

132k/104k/10k

Midas/Vector (I retired the navy mp5 for now)
Covert SRS
HE pistol

Anteater

so are there more enemy types other than the flamethrower dudes later on? I'm lvl11 but the missions are already getting pretty old with the same enemies :lol

maybe I should go fart around in the dark zone with my friend

lt519

A hefty chunk of XP and dz bucks. It's far more profitable and efficient to just go rogue if you want to rank up quickly haha

I've gotten into the habit of killing two people that are extracting then running into DZ06 to let my timer wind down. Good XP farming and get the chance at a yellow for killing someone extracting. Nobody ever chases me into DZ06 (;

But for the record I think Rogue baiting is dumb. If you want to kill someone, just do it, no need to make them Rogue first. It's a cowards technique so you don't have to put your ass on the line.

Where can you see that stat?

noomi

The answer is Not Enough >:]

For going rogue I use a shock turret and the ammo support station or booster shot, depending on if I'm being offensive or holding a position. Also use the survivor link for quick getaways or if we get rushed.

132k/104k/10k

Midas/Vector (I retired the navy mp5 for now)
Covert SRS
HE pistol

Nice, I'll have to revisit the midas as well, the perks are just "meh" right now. Also rocking a HE Covert SRS right now, after playing with the first wave the last week it's hard to adjust to a bolt action rifle.

Nice, I'll have to revisit the midas as well, the perks are just "meh" right now. Also rocking a HE Covert SRS right now, after playing with the first wave the last week it's hard to adjust to a bolt action rifle.
I have yet to see a HE sniper drop. Debating buying a blueprint from dz06 maybe but I just want a HE M1A. :(

spyder_ur

Oh, no. For recalibration you need PC but to initially craft you need divtech

Gotcha, that's what I thought. I'd almost prefer 1 or 2 DT rather than 30 or whatever PC. I've got a nice little farming route in DZ06 that I can do solo and usually grab 6-8 DT chests. Put on max scavenging and I typically get at least 2-3 DT from that.

Is it intentionally done so that some phone recordings echoes etc do not show on the map?
Yeah that pissed me off. I was sitting at 127/130 phone recordings, I had everything else, but these last 3 would not show up until I zoomed in on the map. Had to go into Intel and see which areas had something missing, then go zoom around those areas for it to pop up. Thought my game was glitched.

LiK

Only a few more trophies until Platinum. Didn't think I would actually be able to get it. The hardest part is probably the Rogues one. Once I get all the collectibles ones, I'll just go rogue hunting.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
FYI the M44 being sold at the advanced weapons vendor right now looks like it's worse than that Covert SRS at first, but it is an absolute beast.

Was two shorting players last night with it, one shot if using explosive rounds.

j-wood

Man, so pissed at the dark zone last night:

so I hit 30, go into the dark zone with a friend yesterday
get sick drops
a purple m4
does like 600 more base damage than what i had, good perks
purple mask
2 purple mods
and a new beanie
go to extraction
couple of rouges on the roof, we were outnumbered
bail out, start running, we get split up, i turned down a wrong alley
a dead end alley
turn around to run back, rouge turns the corner
shotguns me in the face
items dropped
tears

Here is what pissed me off. It showed my M4 was a private item. When I went back to my death location, there was a marker showing "dropped items" but nothing was there. I couldn't pick up anything. Lost everything. Fuck.

lt519

On the achievement screen (XB1) or on divisiontracker.com

Oh cool, still going for that Rogue trophy for the platinum

Only a few more trophies until Platinum. Didn't think I would actually be able to get it. The hardest part is probably the Rogues one. Once I get all the collectibles ones, I'll just go rogue hunting.

Rogue hunting is harder than it sounds if you aren't willing to bait or purposefully turn people rogue. It's a bunch of chasing people around the map to no avail. I just started the trophy Friday and after a couple hours decided to just lurk around an active DZ03 extraction point and wait for others to go rogue killing extractors (i couldn't resist going rogue a few times myself). Had 5 kills in maybe 1 1/2 hours.

Oh cool, still going for that Rogue trophy for the platinum

Rogue hunting is harder than it sounds if you aren't willing to bait or purposefully turn people rogue. It's a bunch of chasing people around the map to no avail. I just started the trophy Friday and after a couple hours decided to just lurk around an active DZ03 extraction point and wait for others to go rogue killing extractors (i couldn't resist going rogue a few times myself). Had 5 kills in maybe 1 1/2 hours.
I've gotten more rogue kills while I was also rogue, as the crossfire usually makes people go rogue on accident, which makes them easy pickings

cr0w

Old Member
Had a full pack and teamed up with a rando in the DZ last night after he invited me after we helped each other clear a pack of mobs.

Ran around for a while killing stuff, then we go to extract. Other players show up, and goddamn rando decides he wants to go rogue and steal one guy's items, putting me in rogue status as well. Other team kills me immediately, and I lose all my shit. I think maybe he accidentally shot the guy or something, whatever. So I go back to pick up the items I had left with him, and he fucking does it again. Calls for extraction, shoots the first guy who shows up, turns us rogue and I get fucked again. What the fuck, dude...

So the rest of the night was spent grinding DZ (think I'm up to 28 now) and occasionally doing a challenging Lincoln Tunnel. Solo DZ sucks ass though, I've gotten literally nothing out of there because of the roving gank squads. I'll have to try matchmaking tonight.

My PSN is krayven1980 if anyone wants to add me and team up at any point.

noomi

Pretty easy platinum to get overall, I just need to get all the collectibles and I'm done. Not really feeling like doing that quite just yet though :p

LiK

I've gotten more rogue kills while I was also rogue, as the crossfire usually makes people go rogue on accident, which makes them easy pickings

Ohh, you can kill Rogues as a Rogue and get credit? That makes sense. If it's too much of a pain, hope someone can just cheese it with me. I'll only do that if it's too hard to get.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
What are the best blueprints to grab from the DZ06 vendor? Going to hit DZ 50 today.

Whatever it is you can't get elsewhere, e.g., chest. I wouldn't bother with the weapons, even though I'm using an Aug these days myself. First roll turned out to be near perfect. Otherwise it's a waste of HE division tech

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
They lowered the penalty enough to make this viable strategy:
Step 1-Grab a friend (don't create a party)
Step 2-Have friend shot you to go Rogue
Step 3-Kill friend as a Rougue
Rinse and Repeat to get Trophy.

LiK

Yea, I know about that one. Hopefully I don't need to resort to that. I know Gaffers made alts originally before the patch to do it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Seems like a lot of effort just for a meaningless trophy ;)

Tawpgun

You know that one riker faction dude that has a higher rank than the others, and his "power" seemingly does nothing. Does it just raise the other rikers health and or damage? Like a rally cry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom