• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macrotus

Came across my very first abusive player today after well over 20 hours in the dark zone.

He went rougue on me twice for no reason before repeating the words 'piece of shit' over and over on my dead body,and then threw abusive language at other players nearby. Everytime I came close to killing him he just ran away and camped on top of some ladders with his buddies so neither I or any of my newly found team mates could get close.

Shame becuase everyone else I've come across has been pretty cool. And I've even made some new online buddies despite them killing me.

I've also came across "that" kind of player.
Me and other players were removed from group just before we completed the daily challenge (tunnel) mission.

I've been hearing about it on other websites, but since i haven't encountered any of this till today,
I was feeling pretty positive of the PS4 Division community. But I guess I was just lucky for the first few weeks...

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Seems like a lot of effort just for a meaningless trophy ;)
The value of trophies and effort is a subjective opinion.I done worse in the past to get a trophy trust me.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Me and other players were removed from group just before we completed the daily challenge (tunnel) mission.

I've been hearing about it on other websites, but since i haven't encountered any of this till today,
I was feeling pretty positive of the PS4 Division community. But I guess I was just lucky for the first few weeks...

I won't run any mission with randoms if I'm not leader. Just not worth the risk that someone is an idiot.

Deku Tree

Damn, I want that. Mods are the best thing

I think You can have a total of 7 possible mod slots. Those can give you a total of 1001 extra Firearms/Stamina/Electronics. But often the perk you are giving up would be better than having a mod slot.

ch4fx_

Weekend recap:

- got my DPS up to 151k without sacrificing any health/skill points.
- got my DZ rank up to 41.
- farmed the hornet for a few hours.
- found out that armor is important.
- survived two manhunts.
- got matched up with a random for CM that was "PR0", but kept dying & blaming everyone else but himself. (seriously, FUCK THIS GUY)
- farmed 20 whole HE division tech.

But most importantly... I had fun. I know I will eventually grow tired of running CMs or scouring the DZ for this & that -- but for now, this game is eating up all my free time & I love it! $60 well spent considering I became a member of the "100+ hours" group this weekend.

I guess my goals at this point are to push my DPS as high as I can, max out my phoenix credits (again.. thanks BK!), still don't have all HE gear/mods -- so I need to do that, & I really want to focus on my armor a bit.

What gear should I look for to increase my armor? I know HE mods can roll with +armor, but what else should I be looking for?

WipedOut

That is why you always host it rather than join a match. Just go to group management and set privacy to open, people will join your game.

radiohead1

Neo Member
Weekend recap:

- got my DPS up to 151k without sacrificing any health/skill points.
- got my DZ rank up to 41.
- farmed the hornet for a few hours.
- found out that armor is important.
- survived two manhunts.
- got matched up with a random for CM that was "PR0", but kept dying & blaming everyone else but himself. (seriously, FUCK THIS GUY)
- farmed 20 whole HE division tech.

But most importantly... I had fun. I know I will eventually grow tired of running CMs or scouring the DZ for this & that -- but for now, this game is eating up all my free time & I love it! $60 well spent considering I became a member of the "100+ hours" group this weekend.

I guess my goals at this point are to push my DPS as high as I can, max out my phoenix credits (again.. thanks BK!), still don't have all HE gear/mods -- so I need to do that, & I really want to focus on my armor a bit.

What gear should I look for to increase my armor? I know HE mods can roll with +armor, but what else should I be looking for?

Now I feel bad for having to bail on you guys after the second run. Sounds like whoever replaced me was a piece of work!

When I roll with a group of Gaffers, I have a blast. When I rely on MM, it is really hit or miss. And DZ solo just sucks I think.

Had fun this weekend, too!

-dorssom

Macrotus

I won't run any mission with randoms if I'm not leader. Just not worth the risk that someone is an idiot.

That is why you always host it rather than join a match. Just go to group management and set privacy to open, people will join your game.

Yeah, I'll do that from now on.

I just hope majority of the people won't start being hosts because of these sort of things.
Because if majority of the players are hosts, there will be much lesser guests joining which means, it will be hard to get a full group going =P

Also, I guess I was lucky because it first happened to me in Lincoln tunnel.
If I was kicked right before finishing that power plant challenge mode, I would have been pissed.

LiK

I found if I have at least one friend in my group, I will always end up as Party Leader in MM. Seems a preexisting group always gets priority.

ViciousDS

Banned

I got lucky on the challenge run yesterday with a glitched group.....they removed me right before boss kill......pissed me off to no end.

Speaking of that anyone want to CM glitch farm?

h0tp0ck3t

Dark Zone newbie here (still only in the 1-14 bracket). Is it feasible to grab loot in higher level areas and then run back to DZ1 to extract to avoid getting ganked?

noomi

Any plan for more news about the April update? Trailer, stream?

There are weekly updates from Massive, I imagine that we will be getting some news regarding Incursions very soon.

Dark Zone newbie here (still only in the 1-14 bracket). Is it feasible to grab loot in higher level areas and then run back to DZ1 to extract to avoid getting ganked?

Yup, that's what I did for a few extractions as the AI that spawns is easier to fight. Keep in mind that there are some players that specifically hang out in DZ1-3 to kill weaker players though....

Nowhere is really safe :p

Daffy Duck

Yeah that pissed me off. I was sitting at 127/130 phone recordings, I had everything else, but these last 3 would not show up until I zoomed in on the map. Had to go into Intel and see which areas had something missing, then go zoom around those areas for it to pop up. Thought my game was glitched.

Same here. Was the same with drones as well.

At least I know it's not glitched. I've been working each area methodically as I unlock a zone I clear it, at least that what I thought.

lt519

Seems like a lot of effort just for a meaningless trophy ;)

I'd do it, my OCD with the trophy completion at 98% will haunt me. That being said I'll do it naturally over the next week now that I'm actually messing around with other players in the DZ more.

LiK

Vector with extended mag that also gives me 10% more dmg is such a good mod. I took off the mod for Crit and faster ROF and it was crap how quickly I needed to reload.

ViciousDS

Banned
I don't get the CM glitch sometimes.

I get invited definitely not part of the main group but then it just returns me to my session.....why doesn't itblet me stay I wasn't kicked

Ohh, you can kill Rogues as a Rogue and get credit? That makes sense. If it's too much of a pain, hope someone can just cheese it with me. I'll only do that if it's too hard to get.
Yep, and killing rogues while you're also a rogue doesn't pause or increase your rogue timer. 👍🏼

Which armor pieces can have two mod slots? I think gas mask and another one?
Chests can have up to three mod slots.

noomi

Are we able to inspect other players from the menu or do we need to be in the same safehouse?

I think you can do it from anywhere as long as you are close enough.

I would actually really like to have a proper inspect, where you can see a players items/gear/stats though :|

Just finished the main campaign at 42hrs. Still have tons of missions scattered throughout the map to do, so I unlock the locations of the last 83 collectibles I need. I also still need to finish the last 10% of my Tech Wing. I also need to get proper gear since I still have only blues for the most part. Only after this will I jump into the Dark Zone and play the "endgame". At this pace, I'm only gonna get there when Incursions drop. I feel like I'm playing at a very good pace, since I didn't exhaust the content, nor did I get to end game too slowly. Dare I say I've been playing as Ubisoft intended, since my playtime and goals met are aligning with their release schedule so far.

studyguy

Made it to level 12 on this.
I don't really know, it's okay. I'm not bored but I'm not enthralled either.
It's a weird loop of just being busy.

Deku Tree

Not fun to farm div tech and All the div tech chests are often looted already because other players grab them. Gonna be more and more like that more often. as more people reach dz50.

I'm just not going to be worry about it and give up on dz06 BPs because it's not worth the effort. I'm already OP.

ViciousDS

Banned
I love the division LFG

People making others give them their stats before joining. These assholes remind me of destiny....the point of people doing CM farming is to get better gear......plus eight men makes it easy as hell

Does anyone know if they have plans to add the ability to save loadouts with easy switching via the stash? I feel like it would be highly valuable so I could manage a PVP set, Solo and different class roles.

Now I feel bad for having to bail on you guys after the second run. Sounds like whoever replaced me was a piece of work!

When I roll with a group of Gaffers, I have a blast. When I rely on MM, it is really hit or miss. And DZ solo just sucks I think.

Had fun this weekend, too!

-dorssom

I played the next 1 or 2 and that pr0 guy wasn't there when I was. Thankfully.

We had a good set of pretty clean runs. If you haven't already, add me up. I'm always down for some kind of run. (Going to lunch here in a few minutes, and of course I'll be using it to play, if anyone is on for some DZ farm or DT gathering.)

For DZ solo, I've just learned to accept what it is. I have to be prepared for a much slower XP gain, keep tighter circuits if I'm running a farming one, and expect that whatever I get from drops might not make it back out.

DZing with a group is much more beneficial across the board, in every way, but I get this adrenaline kick when I roll solo.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I am at level 28, almost 29 in my "Main level". I have been playing solo for the most part, got to Grand Central Station and got towards the end of the mission. It was snowing, foggy so I could barely see enemies and get killed about 5 times in a row, lol. Going to random matchup today to get over it today.

h0tp0ck3t

There are weekly updates from Massive, I imagine that we will be getting some news regarding Incursions very soon.

Yup, that's what I did for a few extractions as the AI that spawns is easier to fight. Keep in mind that there are some players that specifically hang out in DZ1-3 to kill weaker players though....

Nowhere is really safe :p

Lol that's what I afraid of, oh well at least fighting easy AI enemies will make it helpful

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Not fun to farm div tech and All the div tech chests are often looted already because other players grab them. Gonna be more and more like that more often. as more people reach dz50.

I'm just not going to be worry about it and give up on dz06 BPs because it's not worth the effort. I'm already OP.

Yeah, it can be a pain. I have my run down cold, but sometimes they are all taken. But then you get a run where all the boxes are unlooted and it's like Christmas... until you get only blue/green DT :) My run hits up about 15 boxes in only a few minutes so it's not so bad. If the drop rate on HE DT was higher, I'd be swimming in HE DT. I can go 15 to 20 loots without getting a single HE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom